Thera

Banned
Feb 28, 2019
France
All I'm saying is this is why people need to stop assuming what the launch lineup is based on one presentation.

There's so much information they're clearly keeping close to their chest. Not getting a 2020 launch date in June doesn't mean anything, and it's going to be funny when more of the games we saw in June end up being launch titles for PS5.
We knew that stuff before even knowing Miles Morales was Even a thing. There is a big chance Sony is simply trying to figure out the best way to roll the games out, and that the games are more far along that we think.
That's what I said after the event. I am convinced games that didn't have release date (even the year) was caution about COVID / planning more than anything.
Looks like it will be Miles Morales demons should and... sackboy? Who knows.
That's my guess. A "hardcore" game, a "for everyone" game and a family game.

Amir Mirzaee

Sep 9, 2018
This makes me very hopeful. But I hope they didn't rush it as well.

Rush it? It's been in development for three years, probably even more, considering one of Bluepoint's interviews regarding Shadow of the Colossus in which they say they've been making assets for a much bigger project alongside the development of SotC.

Also, it's not like they've got to design mechanics or play test systems or something, because everyone expect it and wants it to be an 1 to 1 remake of the original game, exactly like SotC.

The development of Demon's Souls has probably been mostly engine development, asset creation and implementation; technical stuff that Bluepoint excels in.

Acquiescence

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Lake Titicaca
Miles Morales and Demon's Souls would make for one hell of a launch line up. Those two games alone would surpass what the PS4 had to offer at launch.

No disrespect meant to Resogun.

That1GoodHunter

My ass legally belongs to Ted Price
Oct 17, 2019
Also people are missing one very important piece of the puzzle to the whole launch lineup speculation, the actual devs where in the dark about the fine details concerning the event to prevent leaking. Devs did not even know the final date to the event. There is a very real possibility that the different teams had no idea that Insomniac was going to slap "Holiday 2020" on their trailer.

G_O

Oct 28, 2017
For me having new Spiderman game and this would be a great launch for Ps5

But is Demons Souls not a bit niche for the wider audience? it would be a killer app for only a select few I imagine

Acquiescence

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Lake Titicaca

But is Demons Souls not a bit niche for the wider audience? it would be a killer app for only a select few I imagine

1. Souls is not niche.

2. The vast bulk of day one console adopters are going to be the hardcore/gaming enthusiasts. Demon's Souls is perfect for that demographic.

Jun 23, 2019

The granddaddy of the Dark Souls series getting remade for PS5 is niche? Lol

Kena: Bridge of Spirits looks really good too (also a launch title), though reviews will give a clearer picture of its quality.

I'm really hoping this is good. Visually it looks fantastic.

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
We are talking more in the context of SIE published games. And their individual pattern of submitting games to the Korean board.

What i'm saying is that these ratings from various board aren't necessarily an indication of a games imminent release. I'm not saying that it won't be there at or near launch. But people end up being disappointing in things like this because they set their expectations sky high based on something other than what a specific company is saying, and then if it colors their perception of that launch, event or whatever it was.

Dphex

Oct 27, 2017
Cologne, Germany
I don't think sony would drop 2 big games on kaunch day maybe 1 month apart ?

tenor.gif

when the games are ready they will be there for the PS5 launch, a month apart is a week before x-mas and shopping is done for most people.

they will 100% release the games they have ready for the PS5 launch on day one so that there is a game for everyone and to drive sales.

the big question remains if it all goes how it is planned or if there will be more delays coming up because of covid-19 like there was with Deathloop.

What if it's literally just a demons souls HD remaster port not the remake?

this makes no sense at all after 10 years

Alastor3

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
For some reason, i thought it said Bloodborne and was excited for a moment

Jun 23, 2019
I think they kind of are, vast majority of people I know would either never even try them or have never heard of them.

My guy, Souls games are extremely popular nowadays with Sekiro selling pretty well and winning TGA GotY. Just because your group of friends don't play them, doesn't mean it applies to everyone lol.

Automagical

Jun 27, 2020
The other question about Bluepoint is what the 2nd project they teased with their 2019 Halloween tweet is?
They grew their team quite a bit with Shadow remake, but not to the size I imagine they could be working on two titles that require art redone.
Perhaps the 2nd is the Blood borne PS5 remaster? which really just needs a bit of tech TLC

Neonep

Oct 25, 2017
tenor.gif

when the games are ready they will be there for the PS5 launch, a month apart is a week before x-mas and shopping is done for most people.

they will 100% release the games they have ready for the PS5 launch on day one so that there is a game for everyone and to drive sales.

the big question remains if it all goes how it is planned or if there will be more delays coming up because of covid-19 like there was with Deathloop.
This is my biggest fear when it comes to Spider-Man. Hopefully that game is on time.

Jun 23, 2019

Deleted member 13077

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This is my biggest fear when it comes to Spider-Man. Hopefully that game is on time.

I'd guess that most games that are launching with consoles are about to go gold or already have. Halo probably left it about as late as possible tbh. If it doesn't get delayed in the next week or so it's pretty much a lock.

Dphex

Oct 27, 2017
Cologne, Germany

Nope, these games are far from niche and there are many people adoring the Souls games but they never played Demon´s Souls. this remake will sell like hotcakes because many people want to see how the whole Souls style games saga started. this would be a system seller easily on par with Miles Morales.

also, these days you wanna have a more "hardcore" game for a new console launch as a publisher so that gamers who like challenging games also have something to play.

Stickman

Oct 27, 2017
Spider-Man and Demon's Souls at launch and then Horizon, Ratchet and GT7 next year would be insane after PS4 and PS3 both struggling through their first 2 years or so in terms of first party releases.

dbcyber

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Spider-man and Demon's Souls alone would make PS5 have the best launch games since PS2. They really are addressing the main criticism PS4 had at launch and for a while after too. I hope the games don't get delayed, may well be the first time I buy a PS console at launch, haven't done so since Dreamcast.

NLCPRESIDENT

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Midwest
Boi, If Demons makes launch.. 😳

I can see February
The other question about Bluepoint is what the 2nd project they teased with their 2019 Halloween tweet is?
They grew their team quite a bit with Shadow remake, but not to the size I imagine they could be working on two titles that require art redone.
Perhaps the 2nd is the Blood borne PS5 remaster? which really just needs a bit of tech TLC

I'm convinced it's MGS 4 redone in 4K 60fps.

Zodiark

alt account
Banned
Feb 8, 2020
I was expecting to buy PS5 with Demon's next year but apparently it could release sooner.

Deusmico

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Spider-Man and Demon's Souls at launch and then Horizon, Ratchet and GT7 next year would be insane after PS4 and PS3 both struggling through their first 2 years or so in terms of first party releases.

i would guess some smaller games also at launch, like sackboy and destruction all stars. even returnal....

next year probably some more unannounced games as well. together with deathloop and ghostwire tokyo :)

Dphex

Oct 27, 2017
Cologne, Germany

I still could see GT7 coming for PS5 launch too, maybe in a prologue style or even the full game. GT7 looked basically ready in the presentation footage

i think GT Sport was some sort of test balloon which they have made from assets they had from years of GT7 development. the heavy lifting for GT7 was already done quite a time ago in this case.

G_O

Oct 28, 2017
Nope, these games are far from niche and there are many people adoring the Souls games but they never played Demon´s Souls. this remake will sell like hotcakes because many people want to see how the whole Souls style games saga started. this would be a system seller easily on par with Miles Morales.

also, these days you wanna have a more "hardcore" game for a new console launch as a publisher so that gamers who like challenging games also have something to play.
Yeah for some reason I always consider them niche, but I take your points on board. I love them and have played all except for Demons Souls. I think I just look at what kids are playing and the average person and I still see it in 90% of cases that its FIFA, COD, etc...

TheRaidenPT

Editor-in-Chief, Hyped Pixels
Verified
Jun 11, 2018
Lisbon, Portugal

Castlevania leak got me excited tbh

Batatina

Oct 25, 2017
Edinburgh, UK
Rush it? It's been in development for three years, probably even more, considering one of Bluepoint's interviews regarding Shadow of the Colossus in which they say they've been making assets for a much bigger project alongside the development of SotC.

Also, it's not like they've got to design mechanics or play test systems or something, because everyone expect it and wants it to be an 1 to 1 remake of the original game, exactly like SotC.

The development of Demon's Souls has probably been mostly engine development, asset creation and implementation; technical stuff that Bluepoint excels in.
I did say I hoped it wasn't rushed, simply because sometimes games get rushed to meet launch, and with covid I'm sure many plans had to be changed. But as you say, I hope they've had plenty of time and I hope they have adapted to covid well and the game turns out amazing. It's one of the ones I'm most looking forward to, and it would be amazing for BluePoint if it met launch because that's going to give it a lot more visibility.