• Giyuu Tomioka!

Votes: 22 3.9%
  • Shinobu

Votes: 23 4.1%

• Total voters

Admiral Woofington

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I saw this and thought it was a shot from this weeks episode for a second.

bcy66ahzw5n31.jpg
*mumble mumble. Mumble mumble*

Sleep Free or Die Harder

Silent

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Not a manga reader, but I did notice that. Very interesting to see if anything comes of it.

Thac0

Nov 15, 2017
Only having two more episodes is stressing me out! I've been enjoying this show every week since it started and there's going to be a big hole when it's done. Hopefully we get another season. Waiting is the worst!

I've keep toying with the idea of only starting shows/movies/books that have been completed but it cuts out so many good stories.

Raxus

Oct 26, 2017
There is a lot of ground to cover in the next two episodes before we segways into a teaser for the next arc. I am curious if the will save THAT event for before S2 or the start of S2.

Oct 25, 2017
There is a lot of ground to cover in the next two episodes before we segways into a teaser for the next arc. I am curious if the will save THAT event for before S2 or the start of S2.
If you talking about the lower moon meeting seems perfect to end it on that with a tease for next arc after.

-Pyromaniac-

Oct 25, 2017
Just want to say I've started watching this and man, it's so fucking good. Liking it more than hero academia and other random shounen stuff I've seen lately.

Thac0

Nov 15, 2017
One of the more interesting things I've noticed about the show is the time period it's set in. The first few episodes I thought it was medieval Japan and then it's revealed at the arrival to the city that it's actually post-isolation Meiji period or something. It's just a cool contrast between the traditionally dressed, sword-wielding demon hunters/rural folk and the industrial era western dress of the city. I wonder if there's going to be any interplay between modernization and the demons, though it looks like Muzan hasn't had any trouble adapting.

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Read the manga, getting caught up on the anime now - on Nezuko vs. ball girl. Very worthwhile adaptation, and I say that as somebody who typically doesn't find anime adaptations worthwhile at all, even if they're dubbed, and almost never subbed. Series really benefits from the animation. Doesn't hurt that it's gorgeous.
One of the more interesting things I've noticed about the show is the time period it's set in. The first few episodes I thought it was medieval Japan and then it's revealed at the arrival to the city that it's actually post-isolation Meiji period or something. It's just a cool contrast between the traditionally dressed, sword-wielding demon hunters/rural folk and the industrial era western dress of the city. I wonder if there's going to be any interplay between modernization and the demons, though it looks like Muzan hasn't had any trouble adapting.
If anything, Muzan is the most western-presenting character in the series. First time we see him he's decked out in a suit and fedora, for cryin' out loud.

Ascheroth

Oct 25, 2017
It's set in the Taisho era, which went from 1912 - 1926 according to wikipedia.

Thac0

Nov 15, 2017
Read the manga, getting caught up on the anime now - on Nezuko vs. ball girl. Very worthwhile adaptation, and I say that as somebody who typically doesn't find anime adaptations worthwhile at all, even if they're dubbed, and almost never subbed. Series really benefits from the animation. Doesn't hurt that it's gorgeous.

If anything, Muzan is the most western-presenting character in the series. First time we see him he's decked out in a suit and fedora, for cryin' out loud.

Very true, that kind of reveals more about his character on it's own.
It's set in the Taisho era, which went from 1912 - 1926 according to wikipedia.
Wow, even later than I thought. Pretty cool.

OP
OP
Mediking

Mediking

Final Fantasy Best Boy (Grip)
Here is one of the images I'm gonna add to the OT in the "Best Demon Slayer out of context images/gif" section. Hahaha! The whole point is to showcase funny moments that aren't spoilery and are very random when outta context. If you have any ideas, lemme know!

large.png