• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
What else can he do? I don't think there is much honestly. They have chose Bernie and the perception to supporters to other Dem candidates is that he will receive help from the to get the nomination. The Orange one and his goons are in charge so Dems and Bernie's camp hands are tied.

I'll take the funny pun part. A lot of people had some good comebacks for that poor post though.

I was hesitant on pressing that POST button.
I'm not sure how exactly any of this hurts him when he's got no connection to Russia and has repeatedly denounced them. Again, I'm not sure what you're getting at with saying Bernie supporters omit Russian interference with his campaign?

Deleted member 16657

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Bernie is in the sweet spot where any attack against him backfires. I'm not sure how you could attack him without looking bad, which must be incredibly frustrating for moderates lol
This. They've exhausted all their attack ammo. They will be scraping the barrel for anything to attack him on and it will just come of as desperate because they are obviously just trying to tear down the front runner.

Yup, it is remarkable how far things have come in such a relatively short period of time.

The biggest and most legitimate criticism imo was that of the "Bernie Bro" not in the sense of online trolls but that his campaign support was white male dominated. Now that the campaign has put in some absolutely incredible legwork and outreach we're seeing one of the most multiracial and diverse supporting base for a candidate and it is magnificent to watch.

Its fascinating to watch this video now, how you can see all the different character attacks that failed to land, and how the media kept moving onto the next narrative after each one kept falling flat. Remember when Bernie

boxter432

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
First time watching msnbc for more than a few min and I don't like Joy Reid as a moderator of discussions.

HipsterMorty

alt account
Banned
Jan 25, 2020
I'm not sure how exactly any of this hurts him when he's got no connection to Russia and has repeatedly denounced them. Again, I'm not sure what you're getting at with saying Bernie supporters omit Russian interference with his campaign?
I'd say that there's a good chance that regardless of which Democrat is the nominee, Putin will try to help them and purposefully get caught so that Trump can say Democrats are trying to rig the election.

Madison

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Lima, Peru
I love how scared moderates are of bernie yet they dont have a way to attack him without making his base more loyal

If Hillary said "Bernie is going to lose because he sucks" today, he would fundraise 2 million dollars in the next 24 hours

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
The podcast that was linked earlier with Moore. The lady he was interviewing suggested the VP pick should be someone who is representative of minorities, so black, or latinx, etc. Her thesis is that trying to appeal to moderates is a loser. And is why the Dem establishment can't win elections very well.
Oh hey you listened to it! Yeah I think she made a pretty good argument for having black or Latinx representation on the ticket. Given that Bernie is already pretty strong with the latinx community I'm leaning towards a black box pick. She suggested Abrams but I'd really like someone more progressive who could take over the movement effectively. Sanders biggest strength is his army of volunteers, and I don't see Abrams or another moderate being able to wield that army like Bernie.
Could I get a link to that podcast?

Deleted member 4346

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

not as bad as trump, folks

The DNC decided that, in order to beat red Trump, we needed our own blue Trump.

I love how scared moderates are of bernie yet they dont have a way to attack him without making his base more loyal

If Hillary said "Bernie is going to lose because he sucks" today, he would fundraise 2 million dollars in the next 24 hours

LMAO it's true. And I love how that backfired, just like I said it would. Hillary's criticism of Sanders gained him more support!

Ziltoidia 9

Oct 25, 2017
Taking Bernie's ground game out during the general will be really interesting. It has been a while since we have had a real grass roots, person to person campaign. They really are knocking on thousands of doors right now (holding events where people get together to do it, etc). I really hope that in a general this brings out a good new % of voters. Usually we as a country vote about 55%? If we can get that up to 65% we should do well.

AppleMIX

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
I think Bernie will do fine in the general. Americans are fiercely loyal to political parties in the United States.

HipsterMorty

alt account
Banned
Jan 25, 2020
Yeah Joy Reid fucking sucks. If anything the 2020 cycle has shown just how awful "liberal" media like MSNBC and CNN actually are. The only people halfway tolerable on MSN are Chris Hayes and Lawrence O'Donnell.
Believe it or not she had a couple of decent takes yesterday. She actually admitted that Bernie is so popular because people working in the gig economy are pissed off. She also defended Sanders on Twitter when someone equated him to Trump regarding the Russian meddling news - she said Sanders deserves credit because of his statement telling Russia to stay out of our elections.

But I don't want to get ahead of myself. She's still spews 99% trash, but it's interesting to say her have a decent take on Bernie no less.

Oct 27, 2017
This. They've exhausted all their attack ammo. They will be scraping the barrel for anything to attack him on and it will just come of as desperate because they are obviously just trying to tear down the front runner.
They were already scraping the bottom of the barrel when Bloomberg brought up that Bernie owns a copy of Fire Emblem Three Houses

They can start to go after him for shit he said 40 years ago, but somehow I doubt people like Biden and Warren are dumb enough to go there. Pete might cause he wasn't even born lmao

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
The way things went last night, I'm pretty sure they actively DON'T trust him to help brown people, and that's why they like him.

Its become very clear that the establishment dems want a return to decorum, rather than moving forwards towards justice.
On this forum I've heard (multiple times) "children are in cages" as a attack on people who simply won't vote for Bloomberg.

Deleted member 4346

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Believe it or not she had a couple of decent takes yesterday. She actually admitted that Bernie is so popular because people working in the gig economy are pissed off. She also defended Sanders on Twitter when someone equated him to Trump regarding the Russian meddling news - she said Sanders deserves credit because of his statement telling Russia to stay out of our elections.

But I don't want to get ahead of myself. She's still spews 99% trash, but it's interesting to say her have a decent take on Bernie no less.

I did watch what she said yesterday about how the media underestimated the anger of working Americans, particularly younger ones, and it was a good take, I agree.

Deleted member 16657

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
On this forum I've heard (multiple times) "children are in cages" as a attack on people who simply won't vote for Bloomberg.

That's exactly what I mean. There are certain things that neolibs will tolerate and will not. Children in cages on their own soil is too real. Bomb the shit out of other countries no problem. A return to decorum includes for profit prisons, disproportionate minority arrests and sentencing, drone strikes, bootstraps, etc. It just doesn't affect or embarrass them personally, so they're fine with it.

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
That's exactly what I mean. There are certain things that neolibs will tolerate and will not. Children in cages on their own soil is too real. Bomb the shit out of other countries no problem. A return to decorum includes for profit prisons, disproportionate minority arrests and sentencing, drone strikes, bootstraps, etc. It just doesn't affect or embarrass them personally, so they're fine with it.
Right, to be clear I agree with you (and in regards to the rest of your take here). I think it's really interesting how people assume that Bloomberg will help brown people when he's had no problem with stop and frisk/redlining, using prison labor for his campaign, countless racist commentary. Why the fuck would we trust that he would stick his neck out for brown kids in cages? By all accounts that I can see, that's already a part of his philosophy.

HipsterMorty

alt account
Banned
Jan 25, 2020
Ngl it was kind of touching when klob said "i like bernie" and biden hugged him.

He not only has the people behind him, his own colleagues are fond of him
Yeah he's definitely like able and that's in spite of him getting attacked for "yelling" and being "divisive". He's actually been the least divisive candidates. And when he attacks people, he strictly does so on a principled basis. Things like accepting super PAC money and being owned by wealthy donors. But Bernie has been the target of so many bad faith and petty attacks it's mind boggling. Just this week Warren attacked Bernie for having a "narrow vision" and for "yelling". Pete demanded that Sanders admit that there is a "larger problem" with his toxic online supporters when that's just plainly untrue. These people are so desperate and i suspect it will get even more pathetic at the next debate.

ZSaberLink

Oct 26, 2017

WoPo's opinion column has gotten increasingly unhinged over the past few months but this takes the cake.

Some "highlights"

The author is right in that selflessness and self-reflection is required...to support Sanders.

Reminder that Bernie won the majority of non-white voters.

TL;DR: Save us Establishment! Save us!

The entire article is disgusting.
I didn't read the article, but the excerpt you posted seemed pretty reasonable? Saying "independents might not vote for Bernie Sanders" isn't such a far out opinion you know. It's probably much easier to convince them to vote for a moderate in that regard. Biden was probably still the best moderate candidate up there, but thanks to all the media hype around the 4 or so candidates vying for the non-Sanders/Warren base, it's split Biden's votes and helped Bernie a lot. Nevada is honestly the 1st really good result Bernie had. Iowa and NH were decent, but what was surprising is that fewer people voted for Bernie in 2020 in NH than in 2016.

I think Bernie will do fine in the general. Americans are fiercely loyal to political parties in the United States.
So ignoring the independents again.... You better hope that democratic turnout is big, b/c democrats can be pretty bad at turnout at times.

I will say this thread is a pretty ridiculous echo chamber....

HipsterMorty

alt account
Banned
Jan 25, 2020
what the actual shit

Bernie actually plays fucking Fire Emblem? And Bloomberg actually tried to use it as an attack?
It's a meme that's been going around here. Bloomberg attacked Sanders for having three houses to make him seem like a hypocrite. But it was obvious to anyone with 2 brain cells the pot was calling the kettle black.

Deleted member 16657

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Right, to be clear I agree with you (and in regards to the rest of your take here). I think it's really interesting how people assume that Bloomberg will help brown people when he's had no problem with stop and frisk/redlining, using prison labor for his campaign, countless racist commentary. Why the fuck would we trust that he would stick his neck out for brown kids in cages? By all accounts that I can see, that's already a part of his philosophy.

I agree with you. I think that people are straight up lying when they say that Bloomberg will help brown people. Either they are lying to you for their free macbook, or they are lying to themselves in that they believe Obama ended racism and we just need to go back to the pre-Trump era.

Xaszatm

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I didn't read the article, but the excerpt you posted seemed pretty reasonable? Saying "independents might not vote for Bernie Sanders" isn't such a far out opinion you know. It's probably much easier to convince them to vote for a moderate in that regard. Biden was probably still the best moderate candidate up there, but thanks to all the media hype around the 4 or so candidates vying for the non-Sanders/Warren base, it's split Biden's votes and helped Bernie a lot. Nevada is honestly the 1st really good result Bernie had. Iowa and NH were decent, but what was surprising is that fewer people voted for Bernie in 2020 in NH than in 2016.

So ignoring the independents again.... You better hope that democratic turnout is big, b/c democrats can be pretty bad at turnout at times.

You do know he's winning with independents right? And as the primary continues and his lead rises he will continue to snowball.

HipsterMorty

alt account
Banned
Jan 25, 2020

Lol ignoring the independents? You realize Bernie gets attacked all the time for not being a real Democrat because he's an independent when he's not running for President? He also polls ahead of trump with independents by 18%.

And your right that turnout has to be yuuuge for democrats to win. And if we have learned anything from 2016 it's that we don't do that by running another tired moderate.

Status
Not open for further replies.