• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 2, 2018
this is out hey? I'm looking at it on PSN store. Dunno if I should buy it. Might get a disc copy.

Disc copy is much cheaper for me. Gonna buy tomorrow.

Modest_Modsoul

Living the Dreams
Oct 29, 2017
  • Voice acting are great.
  • The graphics too.
  • Music is beautiful.
  • Sound effects are satisfying.
  • Never tired of brutal melee.
  • Loot everything.
  • I'm OK with Deacon & Boozer for the moment.

Linus815

Oct 29, 2017
lol, I was looking forward finally diving into the game, and then my PS4 decided to no longer read any disc. Guess I'll wait a week til the repair place fixes it.
Maybe that will give the devs time to fix some more bugs..

Call of Duty

Oct 27, 2017
This game makes my PS4 Pro consistently louder than any other game. NBA2k18 had moments where it sounded like a hair dryer, but it also was quiet at times. The map screen makes my PS4 Pro extremely loud.

I will try setting my PS4 Pro to 1080p later and hope it does not render internally at 2160c. Maybe that will help with the fan noise.

Other than that, I am enjoying the game. The fan noise is a real issue for me because it makes dialog more difficult to hear.

Kokoro

Jan 23, 2019
France
I just received my game. I'm excited to play it! But there is this big update that may take 10 hours to download if I trust my PS4 (yeah, I have a bad connection...).
Is there big bugs that make the game hard to play in the base state of the game? Can I play it now or should I wait for the patch to install? I'm really impatient...

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017
I just received my game. I'm excited to play it! But there is this big update that may take 10 hours to download if I trust my PS4 (yeah, I have a bad connection...).
Is there big bugs that make the game hard to play in the base state of the game? Can I play it now or should I wait for the patch to install? I'm really impatient...
Just wait dude since it seems to improve performance as well.

Lowrys

Oct 25, 2017
London
Same here, after playing for a bit this was one of my biggest annoyances, using that to see lootable items and the brightness filter it throws up is annoying and even can obscure the lootable items you're using it to look for in the first place. They should have had the lootable items a different color icon and another tweak I would've like would have been to keep the icon on screen longer, it disappears so fast which makes it feel like why you have to constantly keep using it.

A lot of this could be solved as well if there was just like a shimmer-effect like other games have for lootable items so you aren't so reliant on having to use the vision for that purpose.
Damm, so many games fail to implelement a system whereby it's easy and quick to identify interactables and items. If I need to constantly use detective vision then I may Paz on this.

Edit: pass, fucking MGS and predictive keyboard

Oct 27, 2017
Couple hours in and it's been a distinctly average opening. Gunplay/Traversal (on foot and on bike) feels as unsatisfying as it did in State Of Decay 2 (at launch at least) but minus the camp management aspects of that game. Right now I'm glad I didn't pay full price as it feels like a distinctly low budget take on the open world genre.

Oct 27, 2017
This game makes my PS4 Pro consistently louder than any other game. NBA2k18 had moments where it sounded like a hair dryer, but it also was quiet at times. The map screen makes my PS4 Pro extremely loud.

I will try setting my PS4 Pro to 1080p later and hope it does not render internally at 2160c. Maybe that will help with the fan noise.

Other than that, I am enjoying the game. The fan noise is a real issue for me because it makes dialog more difficult to hear.
I watched some streams and it seems menus are 60 fps or unlocked framerate. That would explain the fans spinning like crazy.

eZipsis

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
What the hell is going on, I'm not that far in to it but this game is fine? I've had no problems so far, I'm actually really enjoying it.. I'm excited to delve deeper in.

So confused by how negative some of the reviews are. Though, my opinion might change after I put a lot more time in.

How's the performance on a base PS4 with 1.04?

I haven't noticed anything too bad. I had a tiny second of a skipped frame while riding in the rain, but it didn't happened again through the rest of the section i was doing.

AllenShrz

Nov 6, 2017
The graphics are really nice and the HDR melts my eyes, I love it.

Just one hr in, so let see how it goes.

chechi

Dec 3, 2018
Played for 3-4 hours yesterday: solid first impression. Feels not as polished as other Sony 1st Party games, but more than many others. I don't like the driving that much yet, feels "GTA-spongy" in the first few hours, but I got used to that as well. Gameplay on foot pretty tight so far (was really scared about that, after playing Sekiro lately). Graphics are much better than expected! The character-acting is somewhat off, kinda cheap. But the overall world design and feeling left a very good impression for now.

Looking forward to play some more over the weekend.

Wackamole

Oct 27, 2017
What the hell is going on, I'm not that far in to it but this game is fine? I've had no problems so far, I'm actually really enjoying it.. I'm excited to delve deeper in.

So confused by how negative some of the reviews are. Though, my opinion might change after I put a lot more time in.

I haven't noticed anything too bad. I had a tiny second of a skipped frame while riding in the rain, but it didn't happened again through the rest of the section i was doing.
What's going on is that most of the reviews talk about things getting boring after a while and a lot of bugs that you will encounter no matter what you think now.
But it's a game that has a lot to enjoy as well. It's not like the game reviewed like a turd. If people would have grades like this all their life they would be very successful.

Anyway, i'd love to play it for a couple of hours. I must do one of those horde sections at least once.

aevanhoe

Slayer of the Eternal Voidslurper
Aug 28, 2018
So far having fun (just started). The game looks really nice, HDR looks good, the combat seems satisfying and I like looting stuff for crafting. I wish the cutscenes were seamlessly tied to gameplay (rather than having fade to black transitions) and motion capture in them is not Uncharted 4 level - but it's still ok and enough to get me interested in the narrative.

Still haven't encountered bugs (I know it's early, but seems relatively solid) and it feels like a typical open world game - which is not a bad thing for me. If the story is good, I think I'll have fun. I do find it weird that some reviewers are criticizing repetitive mission design and other things we're accustomed to in open world games, and had no problem with it in, say, AC Odyssey (and, just to be clear, I liked Odyssey, too).

I just hope the game is more action than survival in terms of the scarcity of resources. I enjoyed counting every bullet in Last of Us or Resident Evil 2 Remake, but here I kinda hope it's more about fighting than saving up.

Anyway, liking what I see.

Oct 25, 2017
I found the gunplay pretty satisfying so far. Feels much better than it looked in the videos, with some good sound backing it up.

Edit: No performance issues or bugs so far either.

DrewFu

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Apr 19, 2018
So I'm thinking of getting this... is there a large launch day patch for this or anything?

Deleted member 11069

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I wish the game would ask if I wanted to listen to the radio/have a chat.
Would be an easy fix for it starting at terrible moments / when I really don't want to hear it / repeating lines.

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
One nice point i wanted to mention was Bend taking inspiration from SSM and having Deek stop someone talking to him over the radio if attacked and then going back to them once he has killed the enemy with "Sorry, what was you saying" and them repeating what they were saying.

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017
Was there another patch after 1.04? If so, does it further fix bugs/performance?
No that patch was just release yesterday and yeah it fixed bugs and this:

It doesn't slow down to 18fps. You're talking about a stutter. It's just a pause. That's not good, obviously, but that doesn't mean the same thing as a sustained lower frame-rate. The graph line sort of averages out based on frame-time. So it momentarily stops updating during that stutter then jumps back to 30fps.

The 1.04 patch seems to have addressed this, though.

Landford

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Newts heads being beat up by a baseball bat will never not be incredibly unsettling with the sound they make.

They are all snarling and ferocious like but when you hit them they whimper like little kids. Fucking hell.

TheRaidenPT

Editor-in-Chief, Hyped Pixels
Verified
Jun 11, 2018
Lisbon, Portugal
One nice point i wanted to mention was Bend taking inspiration from SSM and having Deek stop someone talking to him over the radio if attacked and then going back to them once he has killed the enemy with "Sorry, what was you saying" and them repeating what they were saying.

Oh yeah I loved this in GoW! So happy to hear that it's in Days Gone

SJRB

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Watching some livestreams and I'm constantly amazed by how good this game looks.

Walker_Boh

Oct 25, 2017
Boise, Idaho
Apologies if this has already been asked but is anyone else having a problem with the Pro's fans when checking the menus? I was looking at a collectable last night and my fan speeds went all the way up to the point where I though it was going to break.

Linus815

Oct 29, 2017

Rockstar and Naughty Dog has been doing this for a while. GTA 5 and Uncharted 4 definitely had it.

Callibretto

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
So far having fun (just started). The game looks really nice, HDR looks good, the combat seems satisfying and I like looting stuff for crafting. I wish the cutscenes were seamlessly tied to gameplay (rather than having fade to black transitions) and motion capture in them is not Uncharted 4 level - but it's still ok and enough to get me interested in the narrative.

Still haven't encountered bugs (I know it's early, but seems relatively solid) and it feels like a typical open world game - which is not a bad thing for me. If the story is good, I think I'll have fun. I do find it weird that some reviewers are criticizing repetitive mission design and other things we're accustomed to in open world games, and had no problem with it in, say, AC Odyssey (and, just to be clear, I liked Odyssey, too).

I just hope the game is more action than survival in terms of the scarcity of resources. I enjoyed counting every bullet in Last of Us or Resident Evil 2 Remake, but here I kinda hope it's more about fighting than saving up.

Anyway, liking what I see.
You don't have to worry about ammo that much. You can easily go back to camp and refill all your ammo and fuel for a price. In fact, I think the game want you to refill you ammo at camp. The survival element come in on how far will you risk going out with you current max supplies. As you progress through the game, your max ammo and fuel capacity will increase, allowing you to go further from camp and handle more enemies/horde. But if you run out, you can always go back to camp and resupply

Nerun

Oct 30, 2017
Apologies if this has already been asked but is anyone else having a problem with the Pro's fans when checking the menus? I was looking at a collectable last night and my fan speeds went all the way up to the point where I though it was going to break.

Playing with headphones, but I'm used to the Pro being way to loud, especially in menus, guess the framerate is unlocked in those (why that's basically always the case, I don't know though ^^).