• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Im playing on hard and up to that point had been able to sneak around and kill freakers one by one or at most had 2 or 3 come at me which wasnt too bad.

Then i got to my first horde, though "Holy fuck", got reckless and died almost instantly when i got swamped.

Managed to use an attraction device to lure a whole bunch to a fuel tanker, blow it up and that killed about 40%-50% but luckily split up the remaining ones into smaller groups so i could pick them off.

Im pretty sure this was one of the smaller hordes too so imagining one 10x bigger is pretty damn crazy.

JoeNut

Oct 27, 2017
UK
Considering the reviews do we expect price drops after a month or so? I've still got metro to finish so might as well wait right?

Minilla

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Tokyo
Played for 3 hours this afternoon and enjoying it! World looks gorgeous, music and sound effects are really spot on too.

Not heard much of the story yet as early but old Deek seems an interesting character so far. And the combat is decent, as melee has a good weight behind it and the shooting is good as well (shotguns feel especially good). Not sure why reviewers single out the combat as its much better than ubisoft style open world games.

I can see how reviewers mentioned the mission design as it looks pretty standard open world "clear the map'" kind of stuff so will see if that begins to bore me after a while, but the hordes look fun. I've only came across one so far and it fucking wrecked me, haha. Ended up running away and will come back a bit more stocked up.

Feel like this could be a game like Mad Max was for me. One reviewers were down upon but one that I took too alot. Good start to the game for sure.

TheRaidenPT

Editor-in-Chief, Hyped Pixels
Verified
Jun 11, 2018
Lisbon, Portugal
Played for 3 hours this afternoon and enjoying it! World looks gorgeous, music and sound effects are really spot on too.

Not heard much of the story yet as early but old Deek seems an interesting character so far. And the combat is decent, as melee has a good weight behind it and the shooting is good as well (shotguns feel especially good). Not sure why reviewers single out the combat as its much better than ubisoft style open world games.

I can see how reviewers mentioned the mission design as it looks pretty standard open world "clear the map'" kind of stuff so will see if that begins to bore me after a while, but the hordes look fun. I've only came across one so far and it fucking wrecked me, haha. Ended up running away and will come back a bit more stocked up.

Feel like this could be a game like Mad Max was for me. One reviewers were down upon but one that I took too alot. Good start to the game for sure.

I like how you mentioned Mad Max in this, my problem with Mad Max was how empty it was in terms of activities and things to do.. Not jus that but the game lost interest for me half way sadly.

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Mad Max was a fantastic game, followed the typical Ubisoft formula but did it really well, combat was good (including car combat) and it was beautiful at times too.

Games dont have to be revolutionary to be good and so far Days Gone seems like its going to be really good for me.

GymWolf86

Banned
Nov 10, 2018
I really don't like the "Detective vision". I feel like I have to use it almost ever 30 seconds to find out whats lootable. I at least wish you could off the piss colored filter every time you use it.
You can increase the time objects remain visible after you use the survival vision, it's a skill.
It was the same thing with dishonored saga.

Oct 26, 2017
Same here, after playing for a bit this was one of my biggest annoyances, using that to see lootable items and the brightness filter it throws up is annoying and even can obscure the lootable items you're using it to look for in the first place. They should have had the lootable items a different color icon and another tweak I would've like would have been to keep the icon on screen longer, it disappears so fast which makes it feel like why you have to constantly keep using it.

A lot of this could be solved as well if there was just like a shimmer-effect like other games have for lootable items so you aren't so reliant on having to use the vision for that purpose.

There is actually a skill that keeps tagged items on the screen longer.

Xam3l

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Portugal

I'm gonna spoiler tag this beacause I've played it but here is some context about that scene.

It is an "inside joke". When that happened I was as unconfortable as the internet seems to be and had the exact same reaction. The reason she says this, we find that later, is because she actually said to Deacon to not say anything as stupid as that when they marry. That is kind of sweet in retrospective. The fault here is in the way the story is structured and the way some plot point are given to the player, with a lot of time between some scenes like these ones.

Dphex

Oct 27, 2017
Cologne, Germany
Gotta say, the game got 80% from 4Players.de and the reviewer is usually very strict so the game just can't be that bad at all..

Going to pick it up later today, will post impressions when I get to it playing it

Meadbeard

Apr 6, 2018
The skill to repair your melee weapons is great, as you can make some pretty good melee weapons once you get the recipe.

Mikebison

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Well... despite one texture not loading right at the first scene... this game is a looker. Played for 2 hours and... its exactly like Far Cry but with bikes (and boy do they feel good to drive).

Far Cry also gets pretty repetitive but it is fun as hell to play.

I think this game got a backlash for not having the day one patch. And I seriously despise this arrogant criticism for playing a game before it should be played. 1.04 was released before the game launch. Anything before this being criticized is ridiculous.

(I'm speaking for my experience in 2 hours. Not a single frame drop or bug found in gameplay).

Just one cutscene triggered Deacon holding his gun with one arm, my last gun was the AK 47, while the Cutcene was recorded with the pistol in mind. It was strange to hold one AK 47 with one hand while aiming, but not broken.
What do you expect? Reviewers have to play the game they're given. And usually in really tight deadlines before writing their review.

And performance problems aren't exactly the biggest problems reviewers had with the game anyway.

idonteven

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
the random events in this game are great ! went into a tunnel and saw bunch of dead people,thought hmm shit went down here...then they all got up and rushed me

scary shit

Electro

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Vienna
Reviews were a bit disappointing but it seems to be the game what I wanted after reading some impressions here.
Will try to stay strong and wait until the survival patch.

Wish everyone here a lot of fun :)

And it seems like bodies don't disappear. I went back to an old area and the dead bodies were exactly like I left them!

That's good to hear.

Nintendo

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
Played it for 6 hours on hard difficulty. I love this game so far but there are some issues especially the bugs.

There's a chunk of cinematics that are jarringly stitched together. Probably there was cut content in between or something.

Gameplay is solid. Scavenging is fun and resources and ammo are scarce in the world (Not sure how it is for other difficulties)

Mission structure is a bit confusing. Finding myself not knowing what to do or where to go.

"Invisible walls" are annoying. Not invisible walls per se but sometimes you can vault over an obstacle and sometimes you can't just because the devs wanted you to go the hard way.

Graphics and animations are top notch. The guns are more satisfying than I expected. They're well animated and you can see and hear bullet cases hit the ground which is a must in my book!

I experienced a lot of texture loading and lighting bugs and few instances of freakers disappearing before my very eyes.

I'm happy to report that I experienced no crashes at all. It ran smoothly but there are few noticeable random drops while riding the bike.

Kemono

▲ Legend ▲
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Played until the first Camp and saved manually. Now the game loads into an older auto save every time.

I've only lost around 30 minutes but what did i do wrong?

Electro

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Vienna
Played it for 6 hours on hard difficulty. I love this game so far but there are some issues especially the bugs.

There's a chunk of cinematics that are jarringly stitched together. Probably there was cut content in between or something.

Gameplay is solid. Scavenging is fun and resources and ammo are scarce in the world (Not sure how it is for other difficulties)

Mission structure is a bit confusing. Finding myself not knowing what to do or where to go.

"Invisible walls" are annoying. Not invisible walls per se but sometimes you can vault over an obstacle and sometimes you can't just because the devs wanted you to go the hard way.

Graphics and animations are top notch. The guns are more satisfying than I expected. They're well animated and you can see and hear bullet cases hit the ground which is a must in my book!

I experienced a lot of texture loading and lighting bugs and few instances of freakers disappearing before my very eyes.

I'm happy to report that I experienced no crashes at all. It ran smoothly but there are few noticeable random drops while riding the bike.

It's hard to wait but I believe DG is one of those games who will offer a better experience a few months after launch.

This and the survival patch are imo reason enough to wait a bit.

KingdomKey

Oct 27, 2017
Been playing for a couple of hours now. Liking it so far on Hard mode. They totally nailed the atmosphere imo.

My only complaint is the human enemies AI really, the act up real weird.

ShinUltramanJ

Oct 27, 2017
Picked my copy up last night and have until Sunday to decide if it's a keeper.

Honestly my first impressions are positive. The world and characters look great. Melee combat took me by surprise for how violent it was. Looking forward to trying out other guns, but the shotgun felt good.

I'll have a lot more time to play tonight, which I'm excited for. I enjoy games like Far Cry and Mad Max, so I think I'm really going to enjoy Days Gone.

Pariah

Oct 29, 2017
Played until the first Camp and saved manually. Now the game loads into an older auto save every time.

I've only lost around 30 minutes but what did i do wrong?
Can't you choose from the main menu which file to load? Perhaps it's using the auto-save file as default choice, and your manual save is there on a separate tab.

Nerun

Oct 30, 2017
Only played about 2-3 hours until now, but so far I like it, no tech issues (running on 1.03 before and yesterday on 1.04) on PS4 Pro. And I'm happy to hear, that other people had real issues with the bike control in the initial scene, it was reacting way to sensitive to my input (not the case after that scene).

No clue how the story will unfold over time and if it will get repetitive and/or if it will still be fun, too early to tell.

still confused as to why the game is getting a lot of better scores in Germany than in the US ;) (82, 83, 80, etc.)

Oct 30, 2017
Oh man, bike combat is awful. You'd think with how slow the bikes are in this universe free-aim wouldn't be a problem. This spongey lock-on design in 2019 is no good.

Also, I was told my bike is about to run out of fuel and I bugged out of proceeding a mission. Quit and reloaded, was able to proceed the mission and fuel canister lay next to my bike, lol.

OG_Thrills

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
About to jump in on some of this 72 meta goodness.

8dXtbAO.jpg

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
You ain't the first complaining about this.. sounds like manual saves are the way to go after each mission or side mission.
Just remembered i did also have an issue with saving once, I saved just after my conversation with the person who runs the first camp and he had given me a task to do. I had free roam and manually saved yet when i went to load it up again later it put me back to the tower where i was dropping off the friend so i had to walk back to the camp again. Made sure to reload again from the manual save instead of auto but both were the same. Only took 5 minutes but was still frustrating.

DrDeckard

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
UK
I'm gonna spoiler tag this beacause I've played it but here is some context about that scene.

It is an "inside joke". When that happened I was as unconfortable as the internet seems to be and had the exact same reaction. The reason she says this, we find that later, is because she actually said to Deacon to not say anything as stupid as that when they marry. That is kind of sweet in retrospective. The fault here is in the way the story is structured and the way some plot point are given to the player, with a lot of time between some scenes like these ones.

Just for context, the flashback where she says you better not say anything silly like the clip is AFTER the wedding scene? not before?

Because if it is after that seems like a terrible way to handle it.

Oct 25, 2017
Played about an hour or so on hard so far, here's my impressions:

- Controls can be a bit clunky at times, but not really that much of an issue so far
- Hard difficulty balance is nice. Enemies still die in a headshot or can be taken out via stealth, but the world feels dangerous
- Story hasn't hooked me so far, but I'm liking Deacon and Boozer as characters at the moment
- Really like how many options there are to take on encounters, even early on

All in all, very solid and enjoyable so far. Don't really have any complaints. I'm looking forward to spending much more time later this weekend.

Gorgeous game too, especially the HDR.

Kemono

▲ Legend ▲
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Ok. Now saving works like a charm.

Must've found one of the only times in the game were it doesn't work as it should...

Liking the game so far.

Just remembered i did also have an issue with saving once, I saved just after my conversation with the person who runs the first camp and he had given me a task to do. I had free roam and manually saved yet when i went to load it up again later it put me back to the tower where i was dropping off the friend so i had to walk back to the camp again. Made sure to reload again from the manual save instead of auto but both were the same. Only took 5 minutes but was still frustrating.

That's the spot. Exactly like me.

Only that i had to redo about 15-30 minutes. Nothing that big a problem as it's working well now but this early spot is effed.

Last edited: