Garrod Ran

self-requested ban
Banned
Mar 23, 2018
it sucks that you can't just make friends with Nito after farming basilisks engaging in the very well-made gravelord covenent
let me make peace with the skeletons, inside and out

Dyno

AVALANCHE
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I dont skip them. The bosses are pretty much my favourite aspect.

MG310

Oct 25, 2017
I usually skip all of the ones you can skip but go back and clean them up before fighting Gwyn.

Red Liquorice

Oct 27, 2017
UK
I don't skip any. A run is all always all bosses to me. OK, maybe Ash Lake Hydra sometimes if that counts as a boss. Even in DS2 I always did the shitty DLC gauntlet run bosses.

Ceaseless Discharge 99 times out of 100 I do the scripted death rather than fight him because I've never found that fight particularly interesting, although it's been so long it might be a challenge since I can't remember what to do other than bait and dodge.

At some point I want to do a DS3 SL1 run with the goal of 'gitting gud' at the DLC bosses since they are all a huge black hole in my Souls gameplay, I found it all quite taxing and haven't played through the whole thing more than 4 or 5 times. If I could SL1 Friede, Gael, Demon Prince and Midir I would be really happy, but I kind of doubt I have the ability/patience to do it.

Spyware

Oct 26, 2017
Sweden
I have never played through the main games without beating all bosses. That would be four runs through Dark 3, six runs through Dark 2 and about nine-ish through Dark 1 and Remastered so far. I have beaten a lot of bosses! Some optional ones are among my favs, like Pursuer, Alonne, Nameless King and Midir.
On my replays of the DLCs for Dark Souls 2 I skip the special optional bosses tho.
That would be:
Afflicted Graverobber, Ancient Soldier Varg, and Cerah the Old Explorer
Lud and Zallen, the King's Pets
and (Blue) Smelter Demon

Have not replayed Bloodborne but beat all bosses on my first playthrough.

Jaxar

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
None. I always seek out any hidden bosses I may have missed.

If I COULD skip any though it would be that big rat from DSII. What a PITA fight that was.

AshenOne

Feb 21, 2018
Pakistan
Dark Souls II:
  • Darklurker
  • Royal Rat authority
  • Royal Rat Vanguard
  • Ancient Dragon
  • Vendrick
Dark Souls: None

Dark Souls III:
  • Midir

DaciaJC

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Out of the entire series, pretty much only Darklurker, because the whole Pilgrims of Dark path is dumb and annoying.

FanceeLadd

Jan 17, 2020
Dark Souls: Kalameet. Dark Souls 2: Ancient Dragon. Dark Souls 3: I haven't played it yet, but probably another dragon.

amnesties

Nov 17, 2017
technically everyone skips hellkite dragon. snipping it with arrows from undead parish doesn't count

White Glint

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Dark Souls - Guess I always take the master key so I skip Capra and Gaping not because I particularly dislike them but I just don't find going through Lower Undead Burg and the Depths much fun.

Dark Souls 2 - Executioner's Chariot because I can't be assed to find the way to the colosseum in that damn forest. Belfry Gargoyles and Royal Rat Authority are such shit that everyone should skip them. Hate the Ancient Dragon too. DLC poverty boss gang isn't even worth talking about - Cool Ranch Smelter, Gank Squad and Lud & Zallen along with their areas shouldn't even exist.

Dark Souls 3 - Curse Rotted Greatwood and Champion's Gravetender. Would usually go out of my way to do Oceiros just so I could fight Gundyr. And at that point you might as well go bonk the Ancient Wyvern to fight the Nameless King. Game's full of great bosses, Greatwood, Gravetender and Wyvern are the only ones I'd consider duds.

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
If it's DS1 then I've gotta catch 'em all.

DS2 has plenty worth passing over, like all the co-op area bosses in the DLC, the ancient dragon and probably a few others I'm forgetting.

DS3, I don't think i'd bother doing darkeater Midir again.

If we're including Bloodborne, then I'm never dealing with the flailing vomit beast that is Laurence again!

I think the only bosses I've never beaten among the soulsbornekiro(i'm so sorry) lineup are Darklurker (never even faced, never went through the steps to access it), souped up Smelter and the double whammy of King's pets in the snow.
So basically some DS2 oddities keep me from my 100%, and I'm fine with that.

Cat Party

Oct 25, 2017
I generally skip the optional ones on subsequent playthroughs, u
c76.jpg
giphy.gif

Deleted member 864

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'll never fight the Ancient Dragon again since one time was more than enough. What a slog of a fight.

Oct 25, 2017
Ceaseless Discharge 99 times out of 100 I do the scripted death rather than fight him because I've never found that fight particularly interesting, although it's been so long it might be a challenge since I can't remember what to do other than bait and dodge.

Try Ceaseless Skip, it's so much more fun than both:

Or the other trick that skips Ceaseless:

Zetta

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I've been playing the wrong games the I didn't know bosses were optional or missable. I mean how else will the world be purified.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
None of them. I don't feel like I beat a play through until I beat all the bosses.

moustascheman

Oct 26, 2017
Canada
Moonlight butterfly. It's not even a tough fight or anything just extremely boring. If I ever fight it, I just summon Beatrice and have her annihilate it in a few seconds while I just roll around.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
If I ever play Dark Souls 2 again (I won't) I'll skip Ancient Dragon and Royal Rat Authority because that shit is gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarbage.

But I'll never play Dark Souls 2 again so it's all a moot point.

Garrod Ran

self-requested ban
Banned
Mar 23, 2018
Moonlight butterfly. It's not even a tough fight or anything just extremely boring. If I ever fight it, I just summon Beatrice and have her annihilate it in a few seconds while I just roll around.
my main claim to fame among my friends is that i beat Moonlight Butterfly while the game had a glitch that made it so particle effects didn't display properly so most of its attacks were invisible or harder to see than usually
made the fight way more memorable to me

Slick Butter

Oct 25, 2017
In Dark Souls 1 I have never killed Ceaseless DIscharge by actually fighting him. I usually skip the Depths and the Capra Demon and the Moonlight Butterfly.
Dark Souls 2 I'll skip anything that isn't necessary for progress, unless I need to kill it for some piece of equipment I want. I still haven't gone and killed the Darklurker or Sir Alonne, though I planned to when I replayed it a year ago.
Dark Souls 3 I usually go for everything except Midir.

super-famicom

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
I usually skip Taurus Demon in Undead Burg and Gaping Dragon in the Depths, since I just use the Master Key to get to Blighttown sooner.

Deleted member 24021

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Royal Rat Authority

That's literally it, just that one.

Edit: I forgot about Ancient Dragon, I also skip it.

Deleted member 2652

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Souls games are my favorite but I would skip every boss if I could. They're the least interesting part to me.