HeeHo

Oct 27, 2017
There's also remastered UI and full voice acting as an addition to the game. It's far more than a simple emulation.

And lol at the people whining about "charging for what was already in the game". Firstly, Atlus can't just use Dante because he was in the original - they have to pay for the license again. Secondly, they're paying for full Japanese and English voice acting for his appearances, which was not in the original game. And thirdly, that original release with Dante did not include Raidou - getting both would've meant having to buy the full game twice. Unless the remaster is $80, it plus the DLC will be plenty cheaper.

Good points here. I was pretty salty considering we got to play as him in the original US release. This makes it easier to digest. I like Raidou but Dante as a playable character is just more exciting for me.

BreakAtmo

Nov 12, 2017
Australia
Good points here. I was pretty salty considering we got to play as him in the original US release. This makes it easier to digest. I like Raidou but Dante as a playable character is just more exciting for me.

Yeah, I'll also be getting Dante. The mistake people are making is thinking that SMT3 HD is a remaster of this:
images

and that Dante is being carved out and sold for more money. It's actually a remaster of this:
images

and includes everything featured in that original release, plus more.

mugurumakensei

Elizabeth, I’m coming to join you!
Oct 25, 2017
That's a lot of mental gymnastics to justify what is basically a $10 palette swap. Where do you draw the line on when to charge for new content? Should Naughty Dog charge for the Last of us 2 patch they released today because the "extra dev" time justifies the cost? The game is still a complete experience without them.
It's also separate voice acting and Dante requires licensing from capcom

LAA

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Wouldn't be an Atlus game without day 1 DLC...
Seems interesting though.

Kaivan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Lol, I wouldn't even play as him if it's given for free. Good for people who like to break immersion in their games though.

HylianSeven

Shin Megami TC - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
There's scans floating around out there from Famitsu that have some interesting information:

Upon purchasing the DLC "Maniax Pack" for 980 yen, the original "Maniax" cinematic will be added to the one that loops on the title screen.

The feature also includes new Japanese voice actors for certain characters:

• Old Gentleman in a Wheelchair: Shin-ichiro Miki
  • Lady in Black: Suzuko Mimori

The title intro thing is really neat. I'm glad they have the original and the Maniax ones.

Team_Feisar

Jan 16, 2018
Seems like a win-win Situation. Play Dante in a good game i always wanted to try out. Don´t have to bother with Reuben "wake up sheeple, the Plandemic is a deep-state ruse" Langdon....

Last edited:

Ashes of Dreams

Fallen Guardian of Unshakable Resolve
May 22, 2020
I hope people do keep in mind that using this DLC will replace Raidou with Dante. It's not adding something completely new into the game, it's basically a model swap that changes the dialogue in a small handful of scenes.

Also if this game is based on the Chronicles release that originally had Raidou, Hard Mode is gonna be harder than people remember.