rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
Yeah I'll echo what others said. It was weird wanting to turn it off because I was bored compared to wanting to turn it off because I was tired of being lied to.

This weird is good. It's good to get back to normal.

psynergyadept

Shinra Employee
Oct 26, 2017
echoing others in wow; an actual press event with no bullshit.(albeit some spin and deflection)

strange times we're living in! lol!

SpaceCrystal

Banned
Apr 1, 2019
Finally, we get a real press secretary where she doesn't lie or bullshit around by spinning & deflecting.

It's a breath of fresh air. Much, much better than others like Sarah Sanders, Kellyanne Conway & Kayleigh McEnany!

Last edited:

Mengy

Oct 25, 2017
Damn that was refreshing. Today has been such a great day. I'm going to sleep so soundly tonight.

Kelsdesu

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know what it is, but even though it was boring as hell I am actually interested in what she was saying and I think I will definitely be more engaged.

Oct 28, 2017
I think this, more than anything, makes today feel surreal. I still remember those first briefings with Spicer, and later with Huckabee. It's night and day.

SpyGuy

Oct 30, 2017
That was a solid press briefing. No lies detected. What a difference.
also thank you resetera I can always count on you to make a thread on what I want to discuss even if it's new news!

May 31, 2018
I'm sure she is so nervous. Good job on her, though! That's a lot of questions to answer with specifics for only being in office for 8 hours. Give her some time to find the answers lol

PhoenixDawn

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Not quite sure I get it. Does this mean there is a chance things like the COVID relief bill still don't get passed? Even though Dems technically "won" the Senate.
Technically, yes. But if the Republicans actually block something like the COVID relief bill, they'll absolutely move to bypass all of the 60 vote requirements so they can get things done with just the 50 + VP vote.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
BothPersonalAtlanticblackgoby-size_restricted.gif

antonz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Technically, yes. But if the Republicans actually block something like the COVID relief bill, they'll absolutely move to bypass all of the 60 vote requirements so they can get things done with just the 50 + VP vote.
The initial lineup of bills being Immigration, Voting rights and Covid clearly lay the ground for the Democrats to look at Republicans and say block it and we will railroad your ass.

antonz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Daily briefings were always common. Its just Government that is functioning normal is relatively boring. We are all just coming to appreciate what boring means. I for one welcome the return of a boring government that so far is proving it does in fact plan to do whats right

bruhaha

Banned
Jun 13, 2018

Don't count on senators like Manchin or Sinema to agree to eliminate the filibuster.

But also don't blame them for representing their constituents. If you don't like Manchin, work towards building a bigger Senate majority instead of criticizing him. He is a Democrat who can win in a state where Trump won 69-30 and the other WV GOP senator won 70-27. He's necessary to reach the 50 in the Senate that Dems have now.