• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Transistor

Outer Wilds Ventures Test Pilot
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Washington, D.C.
Epileptic PSA: There are reports that animations and flashing lights in this game can cause seizures. Read this article for more information

Why is there controversy surrounding CD Projekt Red and Cyberpunk 2077?

CD Projekt Red has a history of transphobia. This is well documented at this point and not a matter of debate. Due to this context there is particular concern about transphobic or insensitive content in Cyberpunk 2077 itself, such as the decision to tie gender to voice in the character creator, and trans fetishization in illustrations in the game—and these are just examples from prerelease footage. Additionally, there have been concerns about racist imagery and stereotyping. This article goes into depth about some of these issues.

What incidents of transphobia have occurred surrounding the game and the company, and why are they hurtful?

This list will be updated over time as more examples come to light, especially as the game releases and more content is uncovered. If you wish to have something added to this list, please send me a DM and get my attention.

Why is ResetEra allowing an official thread for this game?

There has been a lot of discussion about whether there should even be an official thread for Cyberpunk 2077, and many points of view were considered for this decision. Ultimately, a thread like this can serve as a platform for minority concerns to be aired and discussed respectfully, and given appropriate attention. We've also heard from minority members, including some trans members, who have asked for a space where they can talk about the game without needing to worry about trolling and bigoted posting. We expect all posters in the thread to extend the consideration and empathy to give them that space. We will be moderating as strictly as necessary to make sure they do.

What can I do to help fight transphobia?

Transphobia exists in many aspects of our lives. From casual discrimination such as the continuous misuse of a person's preferred pronouns, to more serious ramifications such as housing being denied, legal rights being taken away, and being discriminated in the legal system. Every trans person either has experienced transphobia in their lives, or will experience transphobia at some point.

Moreover, transphobia is a systematic issue that is present in every level of our society. Politicians fight to take away our rights. Celebrities use coded language and religious justifications, if not outright hostility, in order to continue to deny our existence. Media continues to portray us as the butt of a joke, or acts like we're something to be fascinated by, rather than treated with respect.

Actions speak louder than words: Become active in your local politics, donate to transgender causes, stand up for these issues wherever they arise, and if you know transgender people in your life be there for them and support them.

Here are some pro-trans organizations around the world where you can make a donation and show your support
  • For those of you in the US, The Trevor Project is one of the leading LGBT organizations. They are dedicated to crisis intervention and suicide prevention for people who are in need of support, love, and care.
  • For those of you in the UK, Mermaids is dedicated to the support of transgender, non-binary, and gender-diverse children, young adults, and their families. They have been around since 1995, and have been one of the most vocal voices speaking out against transphobia in the UK, including showing the dangers that transphobia imposes upon our youth.
  • If you would like to donate to CDPR's native country of Poland, you can find the Trans-Fuzja Foundation website here. The Trans-Fuzja Foundation has been around since 2008, and is dedicated to the support of transgender people in Poland in many aspects of life and society, including politics.
We are your friends. We are your family members. We're your coworkers. We're the people you meet on the street. We're the essential workers who keep society running in a pandemic. We're everywhere. We're not some sort of freak or joke, and we're not going away.

I want to give major thanks to Uzzy for lending her talent, time, and effort in putting together graphics and material for this official thread. Without her, this would not have been possible on such short notice. I would also like to give a shout out and thanks to Kyuuji for allowing me to use images and links from her own thread for this posts.

Subxero

Oct 25, 2017
United States
Cyberpunk has nice dialogs better than some before it. . Horizon FW has some on the best/realistic animation I've seen. Some of the scenes look like live action with a green screen background. On top of that the characters fidget while they wait for you to answer. It's going to be hard to play heavy story stuff after this. Especially when there are still big studios doing stiff robotic stuff from two generations back. I hope to see more games do it as well.

wollywinka

Feb 15, 2018
Picked this game up in a sale. Playing it on Xbox Series X. I wasn't expecting much. I'm about three hours in, and I'm very pleasantly surprised. The only thing I don't like is the voice actor for the male V. He's terrible. His accent is like nails down a blackboard. Sounds like a bad actor, an English one, trying to do a New York gangster, and failing, spectacularly. I can hear him reading the script. It breaks immersion.

AndrewDean84

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Fontana, California
The only bug I experienced was with remote play, and somehow it corrected itself.

I know it's popular to shit on this game for its performance, bugs and phobias, but it's a pretty masterful RPG. Like, I want to dislike it, but holy shit, it's filling a gaming void I've had for quite some time.

I tend to look at it like this, the phobias this game and the developers showcase fall in line with how I see the real world most likely going. Of course we want to think the BBC world is getting better and more accepting of people, but we know it's really not.

I don't feel well, and starting to get dizzy. I'll stop my post here and maybe clarify some more later.

If you like western RPG's and have a Xbox Series X|S or PS5, you should play this game.

Burt

Fight Sephiroth or end video games
Oct 28, 2017
Picked this game up in a sale. Playing it on Xbox Series X. I wasn't expecting much. I'm about three hours in, and I'm very pleasantly surprised. The only thing I don't like is the voice actor for the male V. He's terrible. His accent is like nails down a blackboard. Sounds like a bad actor, an English one, trying to do a New York gangster, and failing, spectacularly. I can hear him reading the script. It breaks immersion.
I don't think either of the voice actors for V are bad, but the script will have you pretty regularly coming across lines that don't feel like they were written by a native English speaker, even one trying to inflect future-ese. And the read/direction for a lot of them is straight up wrong, although I attribute that more to the jumbled mess of production, the complexity of RPG dialogue, and having to crowbar the line reads you have into the spots you can.

Stoney Mason

Oct 25, 2017
How is it bug wise now? There's a sale on PSN and this is included. Best time to jump in?
There are a healthy share of bugs but generally speaking at this stage, I've played worse. I haven't had a crash yet but there is a general jank that is endemic to open world games that is on full display here. It's buggier than your average game but I haven't run into any bugs that weren't solved with restarting. The worst bug I had was after a quick resume on series X, the textures were flickering all over the world. But like I said, quitting and rebooting the game fixed it.

Dunlop

Oct 25, 2017
There are a healthy share of bugs but generally speaking at this stage, I've played worse. I haven't had a crash yet but there is a general jank that is endemic to open world games that is on full display here. It's buggier than your average game but I haven't run into any bugs that weren't solved with restarting. The worst bug I had was after a quick resume on series X, the textures were flickering all over the world. But like I said, quitting and rebooting the game fixed it.
It's funny I purchased at launch and did a complete playthough and cannot think of any issues (Series X), alternatively AC:Valhalla crashed on me multiple times.

Think I was just lucky with the game

Stoney Mason

Oct 25, 2017
It's funny I purchased at launch and did a complete playthough and cannot think of any issues (Series X), alternatively AC:Valhalla crashed on me multiple times.

Think I was just lucky with the game
Didn't play at launch so I can't really speak to that but at this stage it feels no buggier than a Bethesda game or any massive open world game for the most part. At least on current gen equipment.

wollywinka

Feb 15, 2018
I don't think either of the voice actors for V are bad, but the script will have you pretty regularly coming across lines that don't feel like they were written by a native English speaker, even one trying to inflect future-ese. And the read/direction for a lot of them is straight up wrong, although I attribute that more to the jumbled mess of production, the complexity of RPG dialogue, and having to crowbar the line reads you have into the spots you can.
I haven't heard the female V. Just Googled the male V. It looks like the voice actor is Irish, born and bred. I can hear it, and I'm English. Ever time the actor speaks, I can hear him thinking about his lines. A "native" speaker, or a better actor, wouldn't have the same problem. Putting on an accent adds an extra step between the lines and the performance. The actor sounds stilted to me. Plus, his accent kinda keeps slipping. Really not a fan.

Last edited:

Burt

Oct 28, 2017
I haven't heard the female V. Just Googled the male V. It looks like the voice actor Irish, born and bred. I can hear it, and I'm English. Ever time the t or speaks, I can hear him thinking about his lines. A "native" speaker, or a better actor, wouldn't have the same problem. Putting on an accent adds an extra step between the lines and the performance. The actor sounds stilted to me. Plus, his accent kinda keeps slipping. Really not a fan.
Oh, that's interesting. I wouldn't have guessed that he wasn't American, it just felt like there are some weird reads to me, like he was being directed to say things in a way that just don't sound right to an American ear. I'll have to pay closer attention when I dive back in.

Patchy

Oct 29, 2017
Cherami Leigh did an incredible job as female V.

One of my favourite VA performances in a game ever.

His Majesty

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
Wait? Cyberpunk is an RPG? I thought most of the RPG elements were scrubbed.
I think we need to make the distinction between the false impression given by marketing that Cyberpunk would feature choices on a similar scale to New Vegas (there is only one mission that lives up to this vision) and the reality that Cyberpunk is still a role-playing game, albeit more similar to The Witcher 3 in terms of how the player can shape the narrative of the main quests, side quests and gigs. At least in terms of build variety and alternative ways to tackle missions it's an improvement in terms of choice.

Last edited:

RedSwirl

Oct 25, 2017
I actually do feel like this thread is warranted because it's more than just about Cyberpunk but rather WRPG's in general.

On-topic: In terms of keeping the game diagetic, I personally believe that it is, and it's increidbly impressive moreso considering that the lip sync is procedurally animated to the actual audio rather than hand-animated. If we're talking just in terms of animation quality in general, H:FW is the most recent example that does it extremely well, though they use extensive mocap in order to reach that level.
This is why I had made a separate thread, and because many separate Cyberpunk threads showed up in the search.

I haven't even seen any Horizon FW gameplay so I don't know how it compares in terms of what characters actually do while you're talking to them. Dialogue sequences like the ones with Judy or Panam are beyond anything I ever saw in Skyrim or Fallout. Witcher 3 had already reached a new level in terms of procedural facial animation for covering a massive amount of lines.

Tokyo_Funk

Banned
Dec 10, 2018
There is a video explaining how they did the facial animations and expressions so well, as well as making sure they get nuances in voice/mouth movement for instance how Japanese speak with certain in-out mouth breathing techniques for words/tones or how German uses inflections.

Last edited:

Gamer @ Heart

Oct 26, 2017
Where can I see any cool builds? I wanna focus on the quickhacking on this playthrough

There isn't much to it. Stack intelligence and cool since you will want to be stealthy and cold blooded bonus can keep you alive and more effective + easy perk points.

The shock attack with the perk that doubles damage from stealth will be your bread and butter. Short cooldown and stupidly strong.

After that, stop movement, which at higher rarities also stops attack, is another go to when shit gets real. Eventually, you will system reset/suicide/cyberpsychosis entire gangs from far away and drop them and never peak your head out, but I suggest you still do so you can get weapon experience. Revolvers have a headshot bonus, that in stealth with a silencer, will fill many many gaps in-between zones.

Breaching everything before hand is super simple, and as you get higher and higher, you can eventually upload 5/6 deamons all in one that do a variety of stuff.

You should get the perks to double money and quickhack rewards from the terminals you find everywhere. Also, get the skill for quickhack crafting recipes, as You will be drowning in components and quickhack themselves that you can make/sell.

Eventually, with poison bonuses from the ninjustu tree and the late game OSs with spread capabilities (with 6 slots and special bonuses) alongside legendary rank quickhack sand their own passives bonuses just having them equipped, you can poison one person and have it spread almost through an entire level killing people without stepping foot in it on normal difficulty if you so choose.

The constant pausing can be slightly annoying, but it's a rewarding and different playstyle you can't really get in other games. I'm currently late game, and enjoy just weapon sabotaging/crippling movement groups while I go in with smart weapons and clean up. It keeps the game fresh and further fuels the power fantasy compared to the constant stealth initially.

Last edited:

hussien-11

Oct 27, 2017
Jordan
I have noticed that the crowd density is actually higher on PC after the 1.5 patch.

Some screens from some busy areas:

VxY2h0r.jpg

7qbfZCM.jpg

aKuHtSc.jpg

8jx17FG.jpg

Sometimes I feel it's about 1.5-2 x more in places. It's like CDPR heard everyone say "More NPCs" and their response is "Fine, have all the fucking NPCs, our NPCs will blot out the sun"

Yeah definitely feels like it, it is way too dense and the AI for crowd/car drivers improved a lot.

This game with crowd on high + RT Psycho + LOD improvement mod (5x or 10x) is very impressive on PC.

I consider the LOD improvement mod to be essential on PC and I recommend it to anyone playing the game now, it eliminates the pop in and the image stability is maintained. The mod author provided various files based on desirable distance so if someone can't push 10x for example then at least they can push 2x or 3x.

Areal

Nov 23, 2017
Australia and Japan
Just finished the prologue and I'm a bit overwhelmed with everything in the menus -- the inventory, skills, etc. Is everything explained at some point? Should I just let the story play out for a little while longer?

Metroidvania

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe a dumb question, but does anyone know where to find the crafting recipes for EDIT: melee weapon 'mods', if they even exist?

I've found a ton of ranged weapon and armor (and a few cyberware) craftable mods, but like....zero craftables for melee, and have not found anything above blue-rarity out in the world, despite being in the 40s level-wise.

After some trial use, with the crit-stacking nerf, Monowire also sucks even more - I'm not sure if it still double-dips on blades and street brawler, but either way it's super basic moveset and lack of strong damage compared to blades or arms makes it kinda meh, which is a shame.

Also, Cheramie Leigh kills it as V - she's got a biiiit of overlap with angry Makoto a few times, but really comes into her own in a lot of scenes.

That being said, there are definitely portions that, due to either translation, lack of coaching/direction, or both, that don't come across very well, for sure....such as the quick transition from 'Johnny's angry intro' scene transitioning right into 'hey look Johnny, it's my car, how cool' is still hilariously bad whiplash.

Last edited:

Stoney Mason

Oct 25, 2017
Just finished the prologue and I'm a bit overwhelmed with everything in the menus -- the inventory, skills, etc. Is everything explained at some point? Should I just let the story play out for a little while longer?
Honestly a lot of it isn't explained imo. Some of it you just have to experiment with and figure out.

Stoney Mason

Oct 25, 2017
The time it took me to figure out how to access shards is embarrassing.
I just started playing the game recently, and the whole quest structure and what is what was baffling to me. Like gigs,side quests, ncpd markers, yellow markers on the map.All these people calling on the phone as you drive around the map. It was unclear to me until many hours in, what the differences were.

Brewm0nt

Dec 22, 2017
Orlando, FL
I just started playing the game recently, and the whole quest structure and what is what was baffling to me. Like gigs,side quests, ncpd markers, yellow markers on the map.All these people calling on the phone as you drive around the map. It was unclear to me until many hours in, what the differences were.
I actually would like someone to clearly explain the differences between those haha. Like on one level, they're all side quests, aside from the main ones, but I'm still struggling to figure out what I should do in between missions.

AstralSphere

Feb 10, 2021
Oh awesome. The widely known and seemingly very common drone looting bug that stops you from looting any drone in the game is still a thing.

Sigh.

There's nothing quite like seeing purple loot that the game won't let you get.

Stoney Mason

Oct 25, 2017
I actually would like someone to clearly explain the differences between those haha. Like on one level, they're all side quests, aside from the main ones, but I'm still struggling to figure out what I should do in between missions.
I think this does a good job of explaining most of it.

eip.gg

Cyberpunk 2077 Map Guide: Markers, Missions, & POIs - EIP Gaming

An open-world RPG game or not, Cyberpunk 2077 can certainly be proud of the scale and density of its setting. Night City comes with an impressive map that features anything from unexpected encounters on the streets, to locations with engaging side quests, to many jobs you can do for the…

Zekes

Oct 25, 2017
My opinion will change once I've played more, but so far the map feels pretty small in a disappointing way? Anyone else feel that way or is it just me?

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
My opinion will change once I've played more, but so far the map feels pretty small in a disappointing way? Anyone else feel that way or is it just me?

I'd argue that Night City is too big and dense while not actually being very interesting to explore, and fleeing to the badlands is a liberating experience.

obeast

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Pro-tip: Get the double jump or Super Jump asap. It makes traversing on foot a lot more fun

Seconding this. Cyberpunk's open world doesn't take much advantage of its vertical space -- which is a shame, as the few scripted events in which you fly over the city are dazzling -- but there is more verticality in the street-level environments than appears at first glance. The jumping cyberware makes it much, much easier to explore rooftops, and generally makes walking around more interesting and fluid.

ErrorJustin

Oct 28, 2017
Playing through again after stopping 15-20 hours in when I played at launch - one underrated improvement jumping out at me is how much better paced the sidequests and fixer gigs are. The game used to unceremoniously dump basically all of them on you at once at the start of Act 1 and again at the start of Act 2. But at some point since launch (I think in the most recent patch?) the game now holds many of them back and doles them out over time.

The fixer gigs appearing in sets combined with the way the game already smartly doled out some sidequests (a character randomly calling or texting you) REALLY helps keep the world feel alive and helps keep V rooted within it. It's a tiny change. And frankly a somewhat superficial one. But it makes a big difference. You now feel like this is a space you and these NPCs "exist" in and less like a video game playground.

My other favorite underrated change is to combat. It's really glossed over in the patch notes (and in people's new impressions) but I think it's really noticeable how much more engaging firefights are. I feel more pressed to move around and use different tactics. Enemies used to just kinda stand around and take pot-shots at you, sponging up your damage.

Combat AI

• Multiple fixes and improvements to NPC melee and ranged combat AI and reactions, including taking cover, positioning, reloading, equipping weapons, dodging, blocking and many others.
  • Further diversification of melee and ranged combat behaviors for different factions: reckless, aggressive, balanced, defensive and cautious.
  • Numerous fixes and balance changes to netrunner combat.

Metroidvania

Oct 25, 2017
Is there any general advice for speccing your character? Even with the update I don't feel like I know what I'm doing or what I'm working toward.

Depends on what you want, playstyle-wise.

Handguns (or rather, the revolver) + stealth is pretty OP, just go with an AR or melee for backup for if/when you get spotted, as the game seems to have arbitrary limits for how much ammo you can keep on hand for each type of gun - even if you can craft it yourself for super cheap material cost, it's kind of annoying.

Blades/melee in general wants some strength buffer for bigger health pools and built-in regen, and ninjutsu/cold blood for increased movement speed/maintaining the run-and-gun buff, respectively - if you want, you can forego the cyberdeck and instead use the super-slowmo replacement or the berserk replacement to hugely increase your dps.

Quickhack damage wants the higher tier cyberdecks (For the 'built-in' spreading aspect to contaminate to nearby enemies) as much crit as it can find (which is undeniably harder now), + a few stealth perks for increased damage while out of combat, and the crafting tree for crafting the better damage quickhacks.

Shotguns, and to a lesser extent, SMGs and ARs, can either go with the same blades/melee run and gun playstyle, or go all-in on strength and go for a tank/regen build (Easier for shotugns/LMGs, since they dip into the same underlying stat)

Tech weapons and the 'charge' concept they use can become powerful, certainly, but I tried a few times, and couldn't get into the 'gimmick'.

edit:

More the opposite for me - you get rewarded a few times with the search for the legendary 'sets' of gear for corpo/nomad/badge/fixer, but aside from that exploring off the beaten path is largely useless, save for like....3 small non-tracked quests.

It's large..but empty. There's very little sense of any actual immersion - they've added bits and bobs like the cops chasing down gangers on the roads once in a blue moon, but there's still a big sense of lacking compared to something like Bethesda (who IMO doesn't even do it that well, but at least makes more of an effort)

Or maybe, if I'm understanding you right, it's 'small' in the sense of actual things to go out and explore/do, in which case I agree.

Pro-tip: Get the double jump or Super Jump asap. It makes traversing on foot a lot more fun

Absolutely - the charge jump gives more overall height, but I can't quit the double jump, as holding down the button for the charge can be a pain, lol.

Last edited:

Stoney Mason

Oct 25, 2017
Playing through again after stopping 15-20 hours in when I played at launch - one underrated improvement jumping out at me is how much better paced the sidequests and fixer gigs are. The game used to unceremoniously dump basically all of them on you at once at the start of Act 1 and again at the start of Act 2. But at some point since launch (I think in the most recent patch?) the game now holds many of them back and doles them out over time.

The fixer gigs appearing in sets combined with the way the game already smartly doled out some sidequests (a character randomly calling or texting you) REALLY helps keep the world feel alive and helps keep V rooted within it. It's a tiny change. And frankly a somewhat superficial one. But it makes a big difference. You now feel like this is a space you and these NPCs "exist" in and less like a video game playground.

While it probably is a big improvement and even I can tell playing it now for the first time that it paces certain things out at a reasonable clip, I wish the game did a better job of introducing me to the characters in the world in a more credible and believable manner.

I wish the game had more stuff like when you take a car ride with Sebastian Ibarra at the beginning of the game where it shows you have a pre-existing relationship with this character even though as a player I have no idea who he is. Stuff like that really grounds the world. But at a certain point, you just started getting random calls from people who are like hey bro! like we have a history together but I have no idea who these people are so it feels weird. It's one of my general complaints about the game is that they do a great job of characterization for the major characters but less so for the minor ones.

I get that you can't spend the time to have cutscenes and such with every character but some better writing or mission design for some of it may have helped.

Metroidvania

Oct 25, 2017
Any tips on making money fast? Wanna nab myself a double jump and mantis blades.

Crafting, especially once you get a few points invested for the bonuses for material cost reduction, as well as the perk for the 20% chance to proc a free craft, are the best option, but that takes some investment into the tech tree.

At the very least, you can buy the crafting materials from vendors and usually make a profit (with a few points invested), then wait 24 hours and repeat.

Otherwise, selling guns/armor from completing police gigs is a good option for double rewards, though the money for each scales better at higher levels (for both the quest completion, and chance for higher-tier loot to sell)

jokkir

Oct 25, 2017
I personally grabbed all weapons off the floor and sold every useless one. Idk if that's all my revenue though since I did most of the quests and some give you quite a bit of money. There's also a bit of money in the world to pick up I remember picking up a lot.

I have around 800k somehow and I bought most of the high priced mods like multiple slow mo mods and stuff

Burt

Oct 28, 2017
If you're in the hacking tree, the double money from access points is a good one. Some side missions will have 5+ access points in their building, for an easy 5/10k. Best deck for it is the one sold in the lower market near where Dex drops you off in the beginning, has the most buffer slots out of any blue deck.

They've eased the economy a bit though so I dunno if you really need to optimize like that at this point.

starlesbian

Unshakable Resolve
May 6, 2021
I'm built for Reflex/Strength/Cool. Is picking up weapons the best I can do? Been doing that a lot but progress is pretty slow.

rashbeep

Oct 27, 2017

My other favorite underrated change is to combat. It's really glossed over in the patch notes (and in people's new impressions) but I think it's really noticeable how much more engaging firefights are. I feel more pressed to move around and use different tactics. Enemies used to just kinda stand around and take pot-shots at you, sponging up your damage.

Combat AI

• Multiple fixes and improvements to NPC melee and ranged combat AI and reactions, including taking cover, positioning, reloading, equipping weapons, dodging, blocking and many others.
  • Further diversification of melee and ranged combat behaviors for different factions: reckless, aggressive, balanced, defensive and cautious.
  • Numerous fixes and balance changes to netrunner combat.

the call spam from fixers was a huge problem i had with the game initially

it might be a small change but it makes a big difference to me at least.. i hope they do something about that terrible intro someday lol it feels so rushed still

ErrorJustin

Oct 28, 2017
While it probably is a big improvement and even I can tell playing it now for the first time that it paces certain things out at a reasonable clip, I wish the game did a better job of introducing me to the characters in the world in a more credible and believable manner.

I wish the game had more stuff like when you take a car ride with Sebastian Ibarra at the beginning of the game where it shows you have a pre-existing relationship with this character even though as a player I have no idea who he is. Stuff like that really grounds the world. But at a certain point, you just started getting random calls from people who are like hey bro! like we have a history together but I have no idea who these people are so it feels weird. It's one of my general complaints about the game is that they do a great job of characterization for the major characters but less so for the minor ones.

I get that you can't spend the time to have cutscenes and such with every character but some better writing or mission design for some of it may have helped.

Yeah - I meant to include this in my post but forgot. Although 1.5 improves gig mission structure a lot, it's still pretty hokey, weird, and video gamey that you get a call from a new fixer the moment you cross into their district.

It's clearly the absolute bare minimum required to keep the game functioning and provide the bare minimum context for the ongoing gig missions.

The basic setup - that each district has a main mission-giver you build up a relationship with over time - is like video game design 101. It's totally normal and not a problem. But your intro to those fixers is one of the last major areas you can feel CDPR being *really* pressed for time, and just having to drop something into the game to get it to a shippable state.

Imagine if, instead, some in-game trigger led to a text-message crumb from a new fixer, or from an existing contact making an intro to a new fixer. Like it could be triggered by X days passing after you first set foot in a district, or reaching a certain player level, or some other failsafe condition to ensure you see it. You get a breadcrumb text telling you to come meet so-and-so.

Then that text message leads to a short getting-to-know-you mission like the car ride with Dex, or with Padre (if you do the Street Kid background). It would introduce who that character is, and set up the "storyline" for their district. Nothing too nuts and not asking for the moon - it would keep things in-scope I think. You do a quick, small mission for them and they send you on your way. That ALONE would make Regina Jones calling and texting you out of the blue all the time feel less weird.

The rest of the Gig missions could proceed as normal, with them calling and texting you.

Ausroachman

Oct 27, 2017
Doing a rerun, they finally put up pictures of angel and other dolls you match with in clouds . Is this a new 1.5 feature?

No more accidently selecting a guy doll because you thought Angel was a girls name 😂😂😂