Transistor

Outer Wilds Ventures Test Pilot
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Washington, D.C.
Epileptic PSA: There are reports that animations and flashing lights in this game can cause seizures. Read this article for more information

Why is there controversy surrounding CD Projekt Red and Cyberpunk 2077?

CD Projekt Red has a history of transphobia. This is well documented at this point and not a matter of debate. Due to this context there is particular concern about transphobic or insensitive content in Cyberpunk 2077 itself, such as the decision to tie gender to voice in the character creator, and trans fetishization in illustrations in the game—and these are just examples from prerelease footage. Additionally, there have been concerns about racist imagery and stereotyping. This article goes into depth about some of these issues.

What incidents of transphobia have occurred surrounding the game and the company, and why are they hurtful?

This list will be updated over time as more examples come to light, especially as the game releases and more content is uncovered. If you wish to have something added to this list, please send me a DM and get my attention.

Why is ResetEra allowing an official thread for this game?

There has been a lot of discussion about whether there should even be an official thread for Cyberpunk 2077, and many points of view were considered for this decision. Ultimately, a thread like this can serve as a platform for minority concerns to be aired and discussed respectfully, and given appropriate attention. We've also heard from minority members, including some trans members, who have asked for a space where they can talk about the game without needing to worry about trolling and bigoted posting. We expect all posters in the thread to extend the consideration and empathy to give them that space. We will be moderating as strictly as necessary to make sure they do.

What can I do to help fight transphobia?

Transphobia exists in many aspects of our lives. From casual discrimination such as the continuous misuse of a person's preferred pronouns, to more serious ramifications such as housing being denied, legal rights being taken away, and being discriminated in the legal system. Every trans person either has experienced transphobia in their lives, or will experience transphobia at some point.

Moreover, transphobia is a systematic issue that is present in every level of our society. Politicians fight to take away our rights. Celebrities use coded language and religious justifications, if not outright hostility, in order to continue to deny our existence. Media continues to portray us as the butt of a joke, or acts like we're something to be fascinated by, rather than treated with respect.

Actions speak louder than words: Become active in your local politics, donate to transgender causes, stand up for these issues wherever they arise, and if you know transgender people in your life be there for them and support them.

Here are some pro-trans organizations around the world where you can make a donation and show your support
  • For those of you in the US, The Trevor Project is one of the leading LGBT organizations. They are dedicated to crisis intervention and suicide prevention for people who are in need of support, love, and care.
  • For those of you in the UK, Mermaids is dedicated to the support of transgender, non-binary, and gender-diverse children, young adults, and their families. They have been around since 1995, and have been one of the most vocal voices speaking out against transphobia in the UK, including showing the dangers that transphobia imposes upon our youth.
  • If you would like to donate to CDPR's native country of Poland, you can find the Trans-Fuzja Foundation website here. The Trans-Fuzja Foundation has been around since 2008, and is dedicated to the support of transgender people in Poland in many aspects of life and society, including politics.
We are your friends. We are your family members. We're your coworkers. We're the people you meet on the street. We're the essential workers who keep society running in a pandemic. We're everywhere. We're not some sort of freak or joke, and we're not going away.

I want to give major thanks to Uzzy for lending her talent, time, and effort in putting together graphics and material for this official thread. Without her, this would not have been possible on such short notice. I would also like to give a shout out and thanks to Kyuuji for allowing me to use images and links from her own thread for this posts.

Tokyo_Funk

Banned
Dec 10, 2018
Doing a rerun, they finally put up pictures of angel and other dolls you match with in clouds . Is this a new 1.5 feature?

No more accidently selecting a guy doll because you thought Angel was a girls name 😂😂😂

This was added a few patches ago.

There are a lot of small details added like one of the characters putting up photos from a deeply personal mission on their computer after the mission completes.

Milennia

Prophet of Truth - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Going to be replaying this for the first time since launch here soon, did they nerf the guns that can shoot/see through walls? the second I got one I used it until the end lol

Tokyo_Funk

Banned
Dec 10, 2018
Wait, did they? I still have that and my sniper around that can OHKO most people if I don't decide to punch everyone

As an example: The Breakthrough, a legendary sniper rifle, formerly had a +75% crit chance and +200% crit damage. Now it has a mere +4.2 % crit chance and +26.25% crit damage.

This on on top of Cyberwear/Clothing mod crit stacking, has lowered overall damage values. Not to say you can't still do damage, just not to the extent you used to.

Even better here's a video

Smiley90

Oct 25, 2017
I found a legendary crafting recipe for system overload, which is amazing.......... But I've never seen system overload at any rarity elsewhere. It's just staring at me! Also found a vendor that sells Suicide, which seems prettttttty ridiculous. I guess it is pretty expensive though.

Tokyo_Funk

Banned
Dec 10, 2018
I found a legendary crafting recipe for system overload, which is amazing.......... But I've never seen system overload at any rarity elsewhere. It's just staring at me! Also found a vendor that sells Suicide, which seems prettttttty ridiculous. I guess it is pretty expensive though.

Suicide, Grenade detonation and Contagion are a good combo for offensive netrunners.

jokkir

Oct 25, 2017
As an example: The Breakthrough, a legendary sniper rifle, formerly had a +75% crit chance and +200% crit damage. Now it has a mere +4.2 % crit chance and +26.25% crit damage.

This on on top of Cyberwear/Clothing mod crit stacking, has lowered overall damage values. Not to say you can't still do damage, just not to the extent you used to.

Even better here's a video

Thanks, I'll give that a watch. That's unfortunate to hear though. I loved my weapons lol

Tokyo_Funk

Banned
Dec 10, 2018
Thanks, I'll give that a watch. That's unfortunate to hear though. I loved my weapons lol

I do too, my old stealth crit build has gone from 42k damage to 18-22k damage overall. Before I could stack clothing mods like bully and deadeye, which is now nerfed and only available for 1 headgear clothing slot. 9 slots. Even Armadillo only reaches 75 odd armour now as a legendary, when before it was 200+ and stackable to the point of invincibility at points.

Personally I find with the AI buffs and gun nerfs, gunfights are now more tactical and engaging and less "stand still and shoot at whack a mole enemies who won't move".

Vidpixel

Oct 27, 2017
The aiming feels so off to me with a controller, there's like no auto aim and I getting zipping past peoples' heads when trying to shoot them.

septmbrvrywn

Dec 3, 2018
Paris, France
To everyone who played the game a lot, I've found the difficulty to be really weird. The level cap in some parts of the city is either too easy or too hard. I get 1/2 shot or I'm just a bullet sponge somewhere else. There's no real in between :/

Oct 27, 2017
Picked this up in the current PS5 sale.

Impressed with the first hour or so. Surprisingly engaged. Not just Cyberpunk, but I wasn't sure I was even still into this type of game anymore, but I'm liking the look of this.

The consensus is to main Act 1 before bothering with any side missions etc in Act 2, right?

Deleted member 93841

User-requested account closure
Banned
Mar 17, 2021
I'm really impressed with how much they've changed. The game looks really good right now.

My only problem is that I'm not a fan of how arcadey the combat is. Simple things like shooting the enemies in the van in the prologue feels really floaty and lacking in impact. I know it's because it leans more heavily towards RPG than FPS, but I wouldn't have minded it being more of an FPS. Does anyone know if there are any mods that make it feel more like a typical FPS?

Tokyo_Funk

Banned
Dec 10, 2018
To everyone who played the game a lot, I've found the difficulty to be really weird. The level cap in some parts of the city is either too easy or too hard. I get 1/2 shot or I'm just a bullet sponge somewhere else. There's no real in between :/

There is a way to tell

Look at the class icon above enemies heads.

There will be a bracket with a symbol (Fist Ammo etc). Enemies where the symbol is green below you or easy, yellow is your level or close to and of course Red with the skulls means 1 or 2 hits will end you.

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK
Picked this up in the current PS5 sale.

Impressed with the first hour or so. Surprisingly engaged. Not just Cyberpunk, but I wasn't sure I was even still into this type of game anymore, but I'm liking the look of this.

The consensus is to main Act 1 before bothering with any side missions etc in Act 2, right?

Yup, definitely.

ErrorJustin

Oct 28, 2017
Besides general atmosphere, another thing CP 2077 does better than any other game I can think of, certainly better than any other open-world game, is circling back on previous characters and plot points and "checking back in" on them, and on characters in general.

Most video games only ever look "forward." Characters are quest-givers (or plot givers) and once you're past them, it is onto the next and onto the next area. But Cyberpunk has numerous surprising instances where you circle back and reflect on previous events, or their ramifications ripple out into the present.

Finished and completed plot threads have CODAs and epilogues. And sometimes those epilogues have epilogues, hours later. And then sometimes I realize that that "epilogue" wasn't an epilogue at all, but it's opening back up into another ongoing plotline, interweaving into the rest of the game's primary action.

When characters die, and there's more than one, you actually get to (have to) SEE how their friends and loved-ones grapple with that. It's very good stuff, from a narrative perspective.

In a lesser game a character like Evelyn Parker would just be a quest-giver. A part of V's Inciting Incident. Following the heist, Evelyn's part on this story would just be over. But here, her impact keeps coming back up. Even when she herself is gone.

Smiley90

Oct 25, 2017
Are we not doing spoilers in this thread anymore?

Because if not then I'll have to dip out since still on my first playthrough and the post above just spoiled a character fate.

Tokyo_Funk

Banned
Dec 10, 2018
rHUJ2gn.jpg

pPEJm3A.jpg

8CkWJnl.jpg

SsfVSQi.png

Game is still pretty as fuck

Voytek

Oct 25, 2017
Great game. Glad I finally got to go through it. Loved everything with the Johnny Silverhand character and how his relationship with V grows over time. Didn't like my ending much though, will have to go through it again sometime.

Oct 27, 2017
ATL
Man, i wish I could try this game out on PC again, but I'm suffering from the audio driver/software issue the new patch introduced that prevents the game from launching. I don't want to disable these services just to play Cyberpunk.

I was hoping that this would be taken care of as a hotfix, but CDProjektRed hasn't given any type of timeline for the fix. Did they at least hotfix the PS4 disc version issue? I still can't believe 1.5 made it through QA on the PS4 without checking the disc version of the game! (It looks like Sony released a system update to fix the launch issue).

Last edited:

Afro

Oct 25, 2017
Is Hard still the recommended difficulty if you want some challenge? Normal is too easy, right? Playing for the first time on 1.5.

Ahti

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 6, 2017
Is Hard still the recommended difficulty if you want some challenge? Normal is too easy, right? Playing for the first time on 1.5.
You can also go very hard. I find it more engaging with how they balanced loot etc. Hard got easy pretty early in my first playthrough, but then again the balancing back then was completely fucked.

derFeef

Oct 26, 2017
Austria
Gosh I wish the shooting would be better. (XSX) I am always zipping right past enemies heads in firefights, it makes it almost impossible to me.
Also focusing on tech and intelligence - did I mess up? So far nothing interesting in terms of hacking and skills came up but I am still early.

Metroidvania

Oct 25, 2017
Health regen seems pointless. I have like 800 stims.

There are times where you can quickly get one or two-shot by a gun--> explosion or what have you, or knocked down (even if the latter barely happens), or if you're doing the boxing/fight sidequests, that health regen can come in handy.

But yes, stims are definitely (still) over-prevalent, even if I imagine it is at least partly an anti-frustration tactic on the devs' part.

It's also super-counter-intuitive in that without investing in the strength tree, all of the items that restore your health only go up to 60% in combat, and by default don't go up to 100% for out-of-combat either.....

But that's not at all what the food/drink hydration/nutrition perks indicate, lol.

Gamer @ Heart

Oct 26, 2017
I wish I knew what disassembling an item would net me.

Yeah, it annoying the pop up message doesn't have numbers, but honestly crafting is so next to pointless that it doesn't even matter. Even upgrading, which you thankfully don't need to spec into tech to do, is almost pointless. You can waste hundreds of resources to power up an armor or weapon that ultimately makes zero difference in terms of survival or playstyle. You will never notice the difference between killing someone with 15 bullets (between crit RNG) and 16 bullets, in the middle of a fire fight.

Health regen seems pointless. I have like 800 stims.

Health Regen is godly on certain builds. Especially blades/body builds because of how they stack, on top of any boost from cyberware. Time your not hiding healing, is time your slicing fools up and ending encounters faster.

My biggest complaint is not being able to hotkey that LB bumper slot into anything else, after healing items in general become pointless.

Panic Freak

Oct 26, 2017
I have the relic malfunctioning thing going on. How can I remove it? It's annoying as fuck. I had to run off rumble.

Areal

Nov 23, 2017
Australia and Japan
I'm finding combat to be a huge chore. Not clear to me whether I'm under-levelled or missing some essential skills or what.

On the other hand, I should add, some of the 'linear' missions are outstanding. Just not quite sure how everything fits together. A strange, fascinating game.

Last edited:

derFeef

Oct 26, 2017
Austria
The interactions you have with characters in this game are just outstanding. It's the most impressive thing to me so far, presentation and dialogue feels so natural.

Tokyo_Funk

Banned
Dec 10, 2018
Crafting doesn't make you god like? I'm already had say spending points for 1% increases.

I've only made one build based on crafting (before 1.5) and you can basically make an endless pool of eddies by crafting and selling certain blueprints. Also it helps you add more DPS to any existing weapons and more armor to clothing. It can be OP if you let it be.

I should really see how my Craft/Tech/Melee build is now going after 1.5

nihilence

nøthing but silence
Oct 25, 2017
From 'quake area to big OH.
I've only made one build based on crafting (before 1.5) and you can basically make an endless pool of eddies by crafting and selling certain blueprints. Also it helps you add more DPS to any existing weapons and more armor to clothing. It can be OP if you let it be.

I should really see how my Craft/Tech/Melee build is now going after 1.5

I definitely like the sound of eddies, just for buying all the cars and apartment. And of course upgrades.

Tokyo_Funk

Banned
Dec 10, 2018
I definitely like the sound of eddies, just for buying all the cars and apartment. And of course upgrades.

Can't honestly say how much it was nerfed at this point price wise, but my go to way of making money pre-patch was shopping around for componants, stacking them up then building tonnes of Nekomata sniper rifles and selling them back to vendors/drop box vendors. Can't confirm it, but someone mentioned the componant cost/number has been reduced to make a fair few items.

Edit - Almost forgot, breaking down weapons for componants too. Just ran around looking for thugs, killed them and took their stuff and broke it down. One perk allows you to sometimes craft for free without using componants, but it's a random low chance.

Sec0nd

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Just finished up my 5 hour trial of the game. Started off feeling a bit mixed, everything takes fucking forever which is both a good and bad thing as it does honestly help with the immersion. But it made the first couple of missions kind of tedious as there was very little going on. But The Heist mission and a bit of the Interlude mission had me really excited.

Does the quality of the story and the missions keep up like that? And how is the side stuff? The city is gorgeous but I've had absolutely no reason so far to go and explore it.

I can pick up the game for 10 bucks, which seems like a good deal, lol. But more wondering if it's worth the time investment as it seems like a massive fucking game.

CorpseLight

Nov 3, 2018
I started playing this on Series X and was expecting an unplayable garbage fire, but its extremely enjoyable with a great atmosphere, writing, scripted branching conversations and music. The combat is very floaty to me, even with dead zone stick layouts turned off, the quick hacking takes a few hours to get the hang of and the UI in general is a bit of a mess - but I am enjoying the game more than I thought.