• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Transistor

Hollowly Brittle
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Washington, D.C.
Epileptic PSA: There are reports that animations and flashing lights in this game can cause seizures. Read this article for more information

Why is there controversy surrounding CD Projekt Red and Cyberpunk 2077?

CD Projekt Red has a history of transphobia. This is well documented at this point and not a matter of debate. Due to this context there is particular concern about transphobic or insensitive content in Cyberpunk 2077 itself, such as the decision to tie gender to voice in the character creator, and trans fetishization in illustrations in the game—and these are just examples from prerelease footage. Additionally, there have been concerns about racist imagery and stereotyping. This article goes into depth about some of these issues.

What incidents of transphobia have occurred surrounding the game and the company, and why are they hurtful?

This list will be updated over time as more examples come to light, especially as the game releases and more content is uncovered. If you wish to have something added to this list, please send me a DM and get my attention.

Why is ResetEra allowing an official thread for this game?

There has been a lot of discussion about whether there should even be an official thread for Cyberpunk 2077, and many points of view were considered for this decision. Ultimately, a thread like this can serve as a platform for minority concerns to be aired and discussed respectfully, and given appropriate attention. We've also heard from minority members, including some trans members, who have asked for a space where they can talk about the game without needing to worry about trolling and bigoted posting. We expect all posters in the thread to extend the consideration and empathy to give them that space. We will be moderating as strictly as necessary to make sure they do.

What can I do to help fight transphobia?

Transphobia exists in many aspects of our lives. From casual discrimination such as the continuous misuse of a person's preferred pronouns, to more serious ramifications such as housing being denied, legal rights being taken away, and being discriminated in the legal system. Every trans person either has experienced transphobia in their lives, or will experience transphobia at some point.

Moreover, transphobia is a systematic issue that is present in every level of our society. Politicians fight to take away our rights. Celebrities use coded language and religious justifications, if not outright hostility, in order to continue to deny our existence. Media continues to portray us as the butt of a joke, or acts like we're something to be fascinated by, rather than treated with respect.

Actions speak louder than words: Become active in your local politics, donate to transgender causes, stand up for these issues wherever they arise, and if you know transgender people in your life be there for them and support them.

Here are some pro-trans organizations around the world where you can make a donation and show your support
  • For those of you in the US, The Trevor Project is one of the leading LGBT organizations. They are dedicated to crisis intervention and suicide prevention for people who are in need of support, love, and care.
  • For those of you in the UK, Mermaids is dedicated to the support of transgender, non-binary, and gender-diverse children, young adults, and their families. They have been around since 1995, and have been one of the most vocal voices speaking out against transphobia in the UK, including showing the dangers that transphobia imposes upon our youth.
  • If you would like to donate to CDPR's native country of Poland, you can find the Trans-Fuzja Foundation website here. The Trans-Fuzja Foundation has been around since 2008, and is dedicated to the support of transgender people in Poland in many aspects of life and society, including politics.
We are your friends. We are your family members. We're your coworkers. We're the people you meet on the street. We're the essential workers who keep society running in a pandemic. We're everywhere. We're not some sort of freak or joke, and we're not going away.

I want to give major thanks to Uzzy for lending her talent, time, and effort in putting together graphics and material for this official thread. Without her, this would not have been possible on such short notice. I would also like to give a shout out and thanks to Kyuuji for allowing me to use images and links from her own thread for this posts.

Spoit

Oct 28, 2017
Yeah, the world and its lack of reactivity was the most disappointing part of the game for me. Completely immersion breaking.
On one hand, yeah, it is super disapointing, even compared to very limited interactions in W3 or ubisoft open worlds. On the other, people were defintiely overhyping themselves with the idea that it'd be anywhere near Rockstar's interactivity. There's a reason why they only release a game a generation, even with how huge they are

PanzerKraken

Nov 1, 2017
On one hand, yeah, it is super disapointing, even compared to very limited interactions in W3 or ubisoft open worlds. On the other, people were defintiely overhyping themselves with the idea that it'd be anywhere near Rockstar's interactivity. There's a reason why they only release a game a generation, even with how huge they are

I would be happy if it even was close to a UBI game in how the world feels and acts. It's such an empty static sandbox

mcruz79

Apr 28, 2020
Not inside knowledge but i think not (there's so many things to fix and possible add...they will not make in time)
Hell, i think even witcher 3 will he delayed
Wow!!!
that's sad to heard.
with the delay of horizon Forbidden west and if this patch didn't release this year, than there's no big game for me on holiday season…

NeverWas

Feb 28, 2019
Grabbed this last week (ps4 version on ps5). I'm about 10 hours in. Game has issues (NPCs/Objects warping in is a huge immersion breaker), but I'm having a lot of fun going through the story so far.

Gero

Oct 28, 2017
feels like im waiting for the nextgen update since forever. I honestly think its not coming out this year

JMY86

Oct 27, 2017
United States
I finally finished up my Corpo Netrunner playthrough this week and started a new one with the Panam romance mod. I decided to go Nomad with a Katana melee build and I am not enjoying it nearly as much as the Netrunner and I am thinking of changing to a Tech weapons build. I absolutely loved my Netrunner but melee is just not doing it for me.

Anustart

9 Million Scovilles
Avenger
Nov 12, 2017
I'm glad I didn't watch prerelease stuff or speculate.

I was just wanting a cyberpunk rpg from them and that's what I got. I don't know if the prerelease stuff insinuated some kind of GTA like game, or simply because it was in a city with cars you could drive people just assumed, but I wasn't let down.

Just waiting on dlc content now :3

Zedelima

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I'm glad I didn't watch prerelease stuff or speculate.

I was just wanting a cyberpunk rpg from them and that's what I got. I don't know if the prerelease stuff insinuated some kind of GTA like game, or simply because it was in a city with cars you could drive people just assumed, but I wasn't let down.

Just waiting on dlc content now :3
Well, they promised and showed a very different game haha is not people's fault that they are letdown

Tokyo_Funk

Banned
Dec 10, 2018
I finally finished up my Corpo Netrunner playthrough this week and started a new one with the Panam romance mod. I decided to go Nomad with a Katana melee build and I am not enjoying it nearly as much as the Netrunner and I am thinking of changing to a Tech weapons build. I absolutely loved my Netrunner but melee is just not doing it for me.

I went from Netrunner to stealth/melee also. Melee with Kerenzikov makes you basically a super speed ninja that can lop off 10 heads before the first can even hit the ground. Try putting those implants in and see how you go, maybe mix in a revolver or shotgun also.

BeeDog

Oct 26, 2017
Alright, I've spent around 100 hours in a surprisingly short amount of time blasting away at the game on the PS5. Just got the Platinum trophy as well. Side-stepping some of the obvious issues, both directly game-related and related to all the surrounding crap polluting the game, I have to say... I fucking loved it and think it's not far from being a masterpiece game in my eyes.

First of all, the script in general, the characters you interact with, the dialogue and the surprising emotional depth the game has won me over, big time. I was actively engaged throughout any sequence involving some of the major and minor characters, and I truly appreciated the fact that (1) the writing actually was logical and in many cases followed my own thought processes, and (2) that it actually refers back to earlier events properly and rarely fucks up or overlooks them, making everything feel thoroughly connected.

Additionally, the gameplay was right up my sleeve; it's essentially a more combat-focused Deus Ex-lite (Mankind Divided style), with a lot of unique instantiated locations and environments with several ways to approach them. I can barely recall any repetition, if any, in the level design when it came to main missions, gigs and side jobs. Sure, the game doesn't come close to Deus Ex in making you utilize your entire repertoire or actually use the good level design to solve problems, but it's there if you want to roleplay. The city itself is amazing too; I don't have to mention the basic environmental/NPC interaction or the piss-poor police implementation, but the actual level design is top notch and you tend to get decently rewarded from exploring. I know this goes counter to what many others think, but CP2077 is one of the better open-world examples I've played where you're encouraged to actually visit and interact with many parts of the game world. Games like GTA5 have hyper-detailed environments that are fascinating to explore, but there are rarely any missions or activities that encourage you to explore those places. Here, it felt quite thought out I think. And finally, the game NAILED its endings and epilogues; they bottled down to quite simplistic choices close to the end, but you did have to put in a bit of legwork to make them available, and the differences in the epilogues were worth it. Catchartic, bittersweet but surprisingly optimistic endings, all in all.

The biggest issues I had with the game were as follows:
* It's undoubtedly an unpolished game, even when playing with patch 1.23. My biggest gripe was the amount of item clipping, making it impossible to pick up many things. NPCs tend to clip through the environment or break in different fashions, and there was quite a bit of dialogue overlapping on many occasions (maybe due to the uncapped 60 fps on PS5?). Thankfully, I didn't experience many mission-related breakers or bugs at all, and all the trophies unlocked properly; I managed to glitch out one of the boxing-related quests breaking the entire questline, and I encountered a hilarious progression-breaking bug in the final Nomad-related ending mission.
While talking to Panam to start the tank launch, the tank clipped through the environment, flew up in the air, landed on V and got him stuck forcing me to reload.
* Most of the female characters looked like a grad student's wet dreams.
* If you go for the trophies, like I did, you reduce some of the enjoyment of the game, especially when it comes to the character development. You need to hog a shit-ton of money to buy all the cars, and you also must avoid spending attribute and perk points since you cannot re-spec, which means you will be playing with a (very) limited set of cyberware making the combat less fun. A slight regret on my side playing like this.
* A minor annoyance: the game's radio functionality while driving sucks, since it's essentially track-based instead of actually working like a radio; entering a car tends to play the same tracks over and over, and always from the beginning instead of continuing while you exit the cars.
* The braindance scenes and car chases were underutilized in general. Hoped for more here.

Anyway, glad I waited over half a year before playing this again. Lovely stuff.

Nephilim

Oct 28, 2017
Alright, I've spent around 100 hours in a surprisingly short amount of time blasting away at the game on the PS5. Just got the Platinum trophy as well. Side-stepping some of the obvious issues, both directly game-related and related to all the surrounding crap polluting the game, I have to say... I fucking loved it and think it's not far from being a masterpiece game in my eyes.

First of all, the script in general, the characters you interact with, the dialogue and the surprising emotional depth the game has won me over, big time. I was actively engaged throughout any sequence involving some of the major and minor characters, and I truly appreciated the fact that (1) the writing actually was logical and in many cases followed my own thought processes, and (2) that it actually refers back to earlier events properly and rarely fucks up or overlooks them, making everything feel thoroughly connected.

Additionally, the gameplay was right up my sleeve; it's essentially a more combat-focused Deus Ex-lite (Mankind Divided style), with a lot of unique instantiated locations and environments with several ways to approach them. I can barely recall any repetition, if any, in the level design when it came to main missions, gigs and side jobs. Sure, the game doesn't come close to Deus Ex in making you utilize your entire repertoire or actually use the good level design to solve problems, but it's there if you want to roleplay. The city itself is amazing too; I don't have to mention the basic environmental/NPC interaction or the piss-poor police implementation, but the actual level design is top notch and you tend to get decently rewarded from exploring. I know this goes counter to what many others think, but CP2077 is one of the better open-world examples I've played where you're encouraged to actually visit and interact with many parts of the game world. Games like GTA5 have hyper-detailed environments that are fascinating to explore, but there are rarely any missions or activities that encourage you to explore those places. Here, it felt quite thought out I think. And finally, the game NAILED its endings and epilogues; they bottled down to quite simplistic choices close to the end, but you did have to put in a bit of legwork to make them available, and the differences in the epilogues were worth it. Catchartic, bittersweet but surprisingly optimistic endings, all in all.

The biggest issues I had with the game were as follows:
* It's undoubtedly an unpolished game, even when playing with patch 1.23. My biggest gripe was the amount of item clipping, making it impossible to pick up many things. NPCs tend to clip through the environment or break in different fashions, and there was quite a bit of dialogue overlapping on many occasions (maybe due to the uncapped 60 fps on PS5?). Thankfully, I didn't experience many mission-related breakers or bugs at all, and all the trophies unlocked properly; I managed to glitch out one of the boxing-related quests breaking the entire questline, and I encountered a hilarious progression-breaking bug in the final Nomad-related ending mission.
While talking to Panam to start the tank launch, the tank clipped through the environment, flew up in the air, landed on V and got him stuck forcing me to reload.
* Most of the female characters looked like a grad student's wet dreams.
* If you go for the trophies, like I did, you reduce some of the enjoyment of the game, especially when it comes to the character development. You need to hog a shit-ton of money to buy all the cars, and you also must avoid spending attribute and perk points since you cannot re-spec, which means you will be playing with a (very) limited set of cyberware making the combat less fun. A slight regret on my side playing like this.
* A minor annoyance: the game's radio functionality while driving sucks, since it's essentially track-based instead of actually working like a radio; entering a car tends to play the same tracks over and over, and always from the beginning instead of continuing while you exit the cars.
* The braindance scenes and car chases were underutilized in general. Hoped for more here.

Anyway, glad I waited over half a year before playing this again. Lovely stuff.
Nice post i agree with, especially some of the minor annoyances like the radio not acting like i radio. A personal one would be where is the metro or something like a train or whatever. Nothing.

The game COULD have been a huge success, but it is what it is; and for what it is i massively enjoyed it for well over 100 hours playtime.

The game has fantastic atmosphere per se, but it doesn't feel lived in a way one expects a metropole to be. I know this has been discussed a million times before, but for me it is the big immersion breaker and where the game fails miserably. I get the difficulty in pulling of such an ambitious project and applaud CDPR to even try, so when it all comes together as envisioned it is fucking brilliant. The unpolished aspects hurt this game so much, it's such a shame man.

I love the city, the vibes, the gameplay, the combat, the themes and story and well made sidequests etc.. and all of the characters as you have already pointed out well enough, but it is just a broken unfinished mess under the hood it's not even funny.
I really love Cyberpunk 2077, maybe that's why im so dissappointed, because it could have been a real masterpiece.

I don't know if a next gen patch can fix those issues (i really really hope so) and if they can pull off a 180° on this game to make it relevant somehow... i'm skeptical.
What i hope though is that CDPR learned from this disaster and can find a way back to better days.

Last edited:

Zedelima

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I know that if you look at the economic side it doesnt make sense but…if they delayed the game and made it next gen exclusive, we could be seeing a very different game

Nephtes

Oct 27, 2017
So I've been playing the crap out of The Ascent on Game Pass and loving every second of it. I'm completely blown away by how hard they nailed the Cyberpunk aesthetic whereas the game with the name "cyberpunk" on it, didn't seem to lean in nearly as hard to the genre (or maybe strayed too close to the tabletop RPG source material? I don't know I never played that).

Anyway… I've stated before in here that I came away less than whelmed by Cyberpunk 2077 when I upgraded from my 55" 1080p set to my new 65" QLED 4K HDR setup.

I was really being spoiled by the downsampling to 1080p and the SDR image because, wow does CP 2077 look washed out as hell on my HDR set.

I adjusted the HDR settings according to stuff I saw on the internet, and I thought I had it fixed, but no. I was beginning to think my TV was busted.

Turns out the TV was busted… and has since been replaced, but I never went back to Cyberpunk 2077.

Having played a bunch of well implemented HDR games on the new TV I've been blown away by the effect… and recently with how amazing The Ascent looks in SDR on my One X, I decided to fire up Cyberpunk 2077 again…

AND IT'S STILL WASHED OUT!

I've seen so many videos on CP 2077 on YouTube on my 4K TV captured on the Xbox and the game looks phenomenal. Why can't I get my own settings to just produce what HDR videos on YouTube of the game look like? 😭

Gero

Oct 28, 2017
1.3 coming soon. The patch highlight however... underwhelming af especially since the last update was 4 months ago. Still no nextgen version so probably its coming either nov/december or next year. This game will never be fixed

Nephtes

Oct 27, 2017
An update….

www.cyberpunk.net

What’s new in Night City? [Patch 1.3 development insight]

What's new in Night City? N54 News has uncovered what will soon change in the City of Dreams.

It's been so long…

Looks like they're finally fixing the GPS so you can drive without missing your turn because the minimap didn't give you enough time to see the upcoming turn.

And it looks like you'll be able to respec everything now too…somehow.

Full patch notes coming soon, so these probably aren't the only changes. Probably just the only actual feature changes.

Fingers crossed for an actual fix to the HDR implementation. 🤞☺️🤞

Last edited:

Grath

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
An update….

www.cyberpunk.net

What's new in Night City? N54 News has uncovered what will soon change in the City of Dreams.

It's been so long…

Looks like they're finally fixing the GPS so you can drive without missing your turn because the minimap didn't give you enough time to see the upcoming turn.

Full patch notes coming soon, so these probably aren't the only changes. Probably just the only actual feature changes.

What's the second video supposed to show?

Nephtes

Oct 27, 2017
What's the second video supposed to show?

There's a quest where you pick a "companion" to spend time with and the selection of said companion can lead to some confusion in terms of which you are picking. So they're making it more obvious what you're selecting.

I think some players complained about accidentally picking to spend an evening in bed with a dude…

Burt

Fight Sephiroth or end video games
Oct 28, 2017
An update….

www.cyberpunk.net

It's been so long…

Yeah, thank god, the fact that the GPS wasn't an AR holo overlay in a cyberpunk game was straight up ludicrous

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK
Seems that the latest patch is mostly bug fixes with a few QOL improvements. Welcome but not exactly spectacular.

Some new clothes too, neat.

0ptimusPayne

Oct 27, 2017
This game is obviously worth $10 right? That's what it's going for on Best Buy right now and I'm deciding to pull the trigger or not. They're still doing a free new gen patch right? Thanks for the help

Galava

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
They should've just put out the 1.3 patch notes, the update tomorrow and just keep quiet until you can show up the expansions

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK
This game is obviously worth $10 right? That's what it's going for on Best Buy right now and I'm deciding to pull the trigger or not. They're still doing a free new gen patch right? Thanks for the help

It's still planned yes but how long that will take is still unknown or speculative at best.

$10 is a decent price for sure, but be well aware of what you're buying. The characters, quest and story are really quite good, so if you want a good fairly linear story RPG then it might be enjoyable for you. If you want a GTA/Skyrim style open world where you can just fuck around and see what happens, well the game just does not function like that at all.

Metroidvania

Oct 25, 2017
I cannot, for the life of me, understand why they thought doing a livestream for this patch was A) necessary, or B) would be well-received. Maybe they just were worried about not having any sort of communication after so long??

Continual bug fixes for 8 months (in which they STILL haven't fixed all of the perks to actually work) without any indication of expansion-level DLC, next-gen updates, and/or significant gameplay system changes/improvements is just.....generously, not a great look.

Add to the nature of the 'discussion' of the team on how hard it is to change/fix things, downplaying mod fixes (many of which fixed the same issues CDPR is just now getting around to, such as perks not working), and other tonal aspects to the stream (why focus any significant amount of time on the random cat you can get, of all things), and it's just kinda....yikes.

edit: Tho it was interesting (if obvious) to have them kinda-sorta admit that X1 and PS4 base can't really handle the game's demands well.

Mini-Me

Oct 25, 2017
The sheer length of these patch notes is mind boggling.

42B8fTO.gif

Nephtes

Oct 27, 2017
OMG YESSSSS!!

1.3 PatchNotes said:
  • Fixed an issue where player could get stuck in changing position between crouching and standing after skipping dialogue.
  • Improved framerate consistency, resulting in fewer hitches and spikes, especially during combat.

Last edited:

Mini-Me

Oct 25, 2017
And the game is still far from done. This just shows how unfinished the launched product was/is
Yeah this is at least the second list of patch notes for the game this year that I've seen and thought "wow, that's the longest list of fixes for a game I have ever seen." It's crazy how much stuff needed/still needs fixing.

Darryl M R

The Spectacular PlayStation-Man
Oct 25, 2017
I cannot, for the life of me, understand why they thought doing a livestream for this patch was A) necessary, or B) would be well-received. Maybe they just were worried about not having any sort of communication after so long??

Continual bug fixes for 8 months (in which they STILL haven't fixed all of the perks to actually work) without any indication of expansion-level DLC, next-gen updates, and/or significant gameplay system changes/improvements is just.....generously, not a great look.

Add to the nature of the 'discussion' of the team on how hard it is to change/fix things, downplaying mod fixes (many of which fixed the same issues CDPR is just now getting around to, such as perks not working), and other tonal aspects to the stream (why focus any significant amount of time on the random cat you can get, of all things), and it's just kinda....yikes.
This stream humanized the people working on this game. Truthfully, capital-G Gamers will not be happy until the game is completely reworked, but it is clear that the devs would rather output incremental fixes, which isn't a bad decision.

Even though I am keeping up with the game, I am not hopping back into it anytime soon because I have reasonable expectations for how long this is going to take and because I do not want to deal with the ongoing issues.. like c'mon the knife perk sounded so cool and it was and still is broken.

Also two of the team members presenting broke into the industry though modding. It is reasonable to assume that although modders are fixing issues, their fixes are not long term solution and may actually rub up against other systems within the game. Also the team noted the dynamic between mods and consoles.

You either have to believe that within these last 8 months, CDPR has been paying people to sit on their hands and do barely any work WHILE receiving one of modern gaming biggest backlash OR that fixing CP77 is a herculean task. The latter is much more believable. Also, pandemic.

Moose

Prophet of Truth - Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 25, 2017
The only thing I really care about is turning the game into an immersive sim via updates. I want the game that was suggested with expanded night life, eating, more interactivity with NPCs outside of quests and a more dynamic and interactive Night City. Sadly this probably won't happen.

Tankshell

Nov 1, 2017
The only thing I really care about is turning the game into an immersive sim via updates. I want the game that was suggested with expanded night life, eating, more interactivity with NPCs outside of quests and a more dynamic and interactive Night City. Sadly this probably won't happen.

Yeah, also hoping for this. A working metro would be amazing just to take in the city sights.

Soggoth

Oct 29, 2017
So, another patch focused on technical aspects of the game. Guess I'm still waiting to play it :D Seems like actual gameplay changes will be introduced in next-gen version, which I guess makes sense from a marketing point of view... On the other hand, I wouldn't be surprised if we'll get them in 2022/23 along with the first paid expansion...

Last edited:

Moose

Prophet of Truth - Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 25, 2017
So, another patch focused on technical aspects of the game. Guess I'm still waiting to play it :D Seems like actual gameplay changes will be introduced in next-gen version, which I guess makes sense from a marketing point of view... On the other hand, I wouldn't be surprised if we'll get them in 2023 along with the first paid expansion...
I expect any gameplay/system changes to happen with expansions…If we get them at all.

Oct 30, 2017
I've shelved this game until the next-gen upgrade hits. Game still needs a lot of fixing and I'd rather wait than continue to play what is a very broken and incomplete vision of a game.

Metroidvania

Oct 25, 2017
You either have to believe that within these last 8 months, CDPR has been paying people to sit on their hands and do barely any work WHILE receiving one of modern gaming biggest backlash OR that fixing CP77 is a herculean task. The latter is much more believable. Also, pandemic.

I'm sure programmers are working hard (And that covid is a huge hindrance), but reading between the lines, it seems that between sub-optimal sphaghetti coding (at one point one of the devs says that implementing certain fixes is like performing open-heart surgery in how much could go wrong/break) and last-gen specs, it's apparently insanely difficult to implement fixes that don't break last-gen versions, such as the mini-map 'zoom-out' causing memory issues.

And I get the need to bond/connect on the dev team's part, but while 'humanizing' the dev team has to start somewhere (and that upper management still needs MUCH more raking on the coals than it seems to have gotten in terms of backlash), I don't know if the stream really accomplished that - it was haphazard, seemingly (almost) unplanned/directed, and didn't really seem all that genuine outside of the talk about how fixing things is hard, considering the amount of systems each fix has to work with.

edit: They didn't even have a date for the patch, which, while understandable given the history, makes even less sense to try and use as any sort of 'hype-generator', and instead makes a consumer/watcher lose confidence instead.

And even disregarding the 'humanization' factor, the thing is that CDPR had already stated 'we're at a good, stable, point' in terms of performance with the this patch, and will now work on implementing new features' as of 1.2, only for this one to basically be more of the same.

Which is fine, release the new patch and keep working on fixes/improvements while designing the expansion(s) (if that's the plan, rather than move on to Witcher 4) for fixing more bugs, Bethesda's gotten away with it (relatively) enough times to set a precedent , but the dog-and-pony show the last day or two around the 'previews' for the patch and the twitter hype post(s) saying 'this isn't even the big stuff, stay tuned for tomorrow!' seems....not congruent with that, considering the nothing-burger this is for anyone expecting anything more than a 'fixes 500+ bugs and adds 2 cosmetic jackets and another car' patch 8+ months after release.

What I'm honestly curious on is if they'll eventually jettison support for last-gen, as it seems that some major game improvements and/or possible re-designs aren't compatible/possible with last-gen hardware limitations...or at least without a LOT more coding work.

Last edited:

Ra

Rap Genius
Oct 27, 2017
Dark Space
  • The level requirement of items will now increase with each upgrade. Note: the level of upgraded items will be adjusted as a result of this change. The equipped items which exceed the level requirement can keep being used but, if unequipped, will have to wait until the required level is reached.
This seems annoying and totally unnecessary.

Burt

Fight Sephiroth or end video games
Oct 28, 2017
This seems annoying and totally unnecessary.
I dunno, there was this weird thing with crafting before where you were basically upgrading into the infinite void, and you were never sure how appropriate an item was for a given level and so you just dumped every single thing into that one item until you couldn't afford it any more. I think that the item-is-usable-until-unequipped method sounds weird and janky, but having defined level constraints could add some needed rails to the crafting system as a whole.