• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Transistor

Hollowly Brittle
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Washington, D.C.
Epileptic PSA: There are reports that animations and flashing lights in this game can cause seizures. Read this article for more information

Why is there controversy surrounding CD Projekt Red and Cyberpunk 2077?

CD Projekt Red has a history of transphobia. This is well documented at this point and not a matter of debate. Due to this context there is particular concern about transphobic or insensitive content in Cyberpunk 2077 itself, such as the decision to tie gender to voice in the character creator, and trans fetishization in illustrations in the game—and these are just examples from prerelease footage. Additionally, there have been concerns about racist imagery and stereotyping. This article goes into depth about some of these issues.

What incidents of transphobia have occurred surrounding the game and the company, and why are they hurtful?

This list will be updated over time as more examples come to light, especially as the game releases and more content is uncovered. If you wish to have something added to this list, please send me a DM and get my attention.

Why is ResetEra allowing an official thread for this game?

There has been a lot of discussion about whether there should even be an official thread for Cyberpunk 2077, and many points of view were considered for this decision. Ultimately, a thread like this can serve as a platform for minority concerns to be aired and discussed respectfully, and given appropriate attention. We've also heard from minority members, including some trans members, who have asked for a space where they can talk about the game without needing to worry about trolling and bigoted posting. We expect all posters in the thread to extend the consideration and empathy to give them that space. We will be moderating as strictly as necessary to make sure they do.

What can I do to help fight transphobia?

Transphobia exists in many aspects of our lives. From casual discrimination such as the continuous misuse of a person's preferred pronouns, to more serious ramifications such as housing being denied, legal rights being taken away, and being discriminated in the legal system. Every trans person either has experienced transphobia in their lives, or will experience transphobia at some point.

Moreover, transphobia is a systematic issue that is present in every level of our society. Politicians fight to take away our rights. Celebrities use coded language and religious justifications, if not outright hostility, in order to continue to deny our existence. Media continues to portray us as the butt of a joke, or acts like we're something to be fascinated by, rather than treated with respect.

Actions speak louder than words: Become active in your local politics, donate to transgender causes, stand up for these issues wherever they arise, and if you know transgender people in your life be there for them and support them.

Here are some pro-trans organizations around the world where you can make a donation and show your support
  • For those of you in the US, The Trevor Project is one of the leading LGBT organizations. They are dedicated to crisis intervention and suicide prevention for people who are in need of support, love, and care.
  • For those of you in the UK, Mermaids is dedicated to the support of transgender, non-binary, and gender-diverse children, young adults, and their families. They have been around since 1995, and have been one of the most vocal voices speaking out against transphobia in the UK, including showing the dangers that transphobia imposes upon our youth.
  • If you would like to donate to CDPR's native country of Poland, you can find the Trans-Fuzja Foundation website here. The Trans-Fuzja Foundation has been around since 2008, and is dedicated to the support of transgender people in Poland in many aspects of life and society, including politics.
We are your friends. We are your family members. We're your coworkers. We're the people you meet on the street. We're the essential workers who keep society running in a pandemic. We're everywhere. We're not some sort of freak or joke, and we're not going away.

I want to give major thanks to Uzzy for lending her talent, time, and effort in putting together graphics and material for this official thread. Without her, this would not have been possible on such short notice. I would also like to give a shout out and thanks to Kyuuji for allowing me to use images and links from her own thread for this posts.

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
Is anyone getting a stutter while running around where there's a very brief red icon that flashes at the top? This is on PC with a nvme drive.

Chance Hale

Oct 26, 2017
Colorado
I'm totally down to grab this on my ps5 Xmas is gonna be boring AF the only thing holding me back is talk about the game crashing is it that bad ?

the bugs I can deal with ,next gen ray tracing ultra pc settings I don't mind not having it
Some people have had better luck but I've had 12 plus crashes in in less than 30 hours. Supposed to be one more patch in the next few days so I'd wait unless you don't mind that happening every hour or two. Can get back in-game in less than a minute at least.

Also I really don't get people saying the main quest is anymore urgent than any other game with
a threat in the distance. They even give themselves room and say there's a few weeks, maybe even months!

Last edited:

Deleted member 17092

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This game has the biggest cognitive gap between main quest urgency and fuck-around-and-do-side-quests that I've seen in a while. It's almost always a thing in games with side activities to an extent, but it's almost comedic given the scenario here.

Yeah it's weird. The coughing blood into your hand thing straight up just feels like ok let's put rdr2 into this game because... Reasons.

JMY86

Oct 27, 2017
United States
Yea like I said, I guess I am lucky. I have seen cops who spawn out of nowhere, and can count on one hand when I saw pedestrians fade in. But nothing much. RTX 2080 Super, 32 GB of 3200 DDR4 RAM, i9-10900K, 1TB M.2 SSD (3500R/3000W) for C:\ and another for D:\ where I keep my apps. So I have a feeling I am brute forcing past some of the stuff common to others.

I am using that weapon now and it is fucking absurd, it does way more damage than my sniper rifle.

JAT

Oct 27, 2017
I'm really enjoying the game, but I just hit my first game breaking bug. I can't get past the loading screen after you get in the truck in "Lightning Breaks".
I tried an earlier save and still no luck :\

-Tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Oct 26, 2017
Wut.

The person is a game designer and doing it to illustrate the issue he's describing lol.

There are like a dozen a day on the subreddit, so I probably should have said reddit.

What even is this bootlicking?

"If you turn your character around, you're out to get CDPR!"

Bonus points for using a homophobic trashbag in your gif. Very on brand

My point was it is something that is fairly easy to simply ignore. Just like the example I gave about RDR2 that a lot of people were bending over backwards about when that game released, or invisible walls or something. It is undeniably broken, or annoying, or immersion breaking or whatever else... so just stop doing it. Stop recreating the situation if it is that damning to you.

Butch

Oct 27, 2017
U3HS9Kh.jpg

Wracu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
There are like a dozen a day on the subreddit, so I probably should have said reddit.

My point was it is something that is fairly easy to simply ignore. Just like the example I gave about RDR2 that a lot of people were bending over backwards about when that game released, or invisible walls or something. It is undeniably broken, or annoying, or immersion breaking or whatever else... so just stop doing it. Stop recreating the situation if it is that damning to you.

Stop turning around. Ok. Lmao

Jamrock User

Jan 24, 2018
Can confirm the hex editor for ryzen 3600 works!
It feels a lot smoother even driving.
But I swear my loading times have been affected. Like it was sub 5 seconds now its 7-8. It's literally nothing but yeah be warned.

Venture

Oct 25, 2017
I'm totally down to grab this on my ps5 Xmas is gonna be boring AF the only thing holding me back is talk about the game crashing is it that bad ?

the bugs I can deal with ,next gen ray tracing ultra pc settings I don't mind not having it
I've had several crashes while wandering the city but it never seems to happen during missions. There are so many autosaves and checkpoints it hasn't been more than a mild annoyance so far. Otherwise, it looks and plays great on PS5. I just wish it had the quality mode like Series X.

Hellsing321

Oct 30, 2017
Lmao I found an epic Tech precision rifle and I can clear an entire complex in a minute now. All I have to do is ping, tag all the guys, and line up headshots while behind cover. There doesn't seem to be anything a fully charged shot can't penetrate. The guy can be behind 3 walls and it'll still hit him.

ejo

Oct 27, 2017
Hawaii
just hit my first progress related bug. the main mission "Search and Destroy" has no waypoint on my map. the objective is to "knock on a door." can someone provide an idea where to find this door?

-Tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Oct 26, 2017
Stop turning around. Ok. Lmao

I don't know about you but I typically don't go running down the street in first person games shooting and doing 360s or snapping my camera back and forth 180 degrees. Especially if it is known to result is an aspect of the game that would annoy me. I certainly haven't done it in this game.

RedSwirl

Oct 25, 2017
Just started Act 2. I'm guessing the percentages at the top of the menu screen are determined by story progress and choices.

Trago

Oct 25, 2017
I'm nearly done clearing all the big side storylines and will soon get into the endgame.

I wanted to wait to finish to game to post my thoughts.

So until then, I'd like to make one thing perfectly clear:

PANAM >>>>>>>>>>>>> Judy

Oct 25, 2017
Las Vegas
Common knowledge by now. But I'll say. Always double check yoyr settings when you start up a game. Everything other than difficulty level tends to reset. Even HDR settings.

Wracu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't know about you but I typically don't go running down the street in first person games shooting and doing 360s or snapping my camera back and forth 180 degrees. Especially if it is known to result is an aspect of the game that would annoy me. I certainly haven't done it in this game.

You're just trying to deflect legitimate criticism of broken/poorly implemented systems (literally decades behind the times). But I guess it doesn't really matter, especially despawning the civilians, since whether they're there or not is superfluous due to the non-existent AI.

But really? You only walk in straight lines? You never notice the completely different sets of vehicles and pedestrians? That's not worth talking about, or strange in any way? Especially given the marketing jargon for this game?

Your whole angle here is disingenuous. I doubt the guy making the Twitter thread spins in circles all day. Do you understand the purpose of creating a video to highlight the issue you are describing in text?

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
I'm nearly done clearing all the big side storylines and will soon get into the endgame.

I wanted to wait to finish to game to post my thoughts.

So until then, I'd like to make one thing perfectly clear:

PANAM >>>>>>>>>>>>> Judy

*look of disdain as he rises from the couch and walks out the door back into Night City*

The great waifu battles of our age has begun

Resetta Stone

Oct 26, 2017
Nothing, Arizona
I really, really hope they don't patch out the "Kerenzihop" glitch because dashing across platforms is half the fun for me right now.

Oh yeah, announcing my new album. Here's the new cover art...

MeUqHA1.png

Release Date: When it's ready.

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
The damning stuff for me even just keeping your head down on street level going forward is that the cars at times blatantly can't even navigate the roads. I've seen atleast three different spots where cars keep banging into stuff (one being RIGHT BY YOUR DAMN APARTMENT), which is really hard to ignore when you just hear a loud bang and just see the stupidity.

Many times bigger vehicles like trucks just straight up cannot turn on the roads and they just stop, forever. It's also really apparent anytime you park your car and return to it that nobody can drive around it, something only avoided by being completely on the sidewalk. People nitpick games a lot but these elements aren't that, these are straight up amateurish and absolutely shatter the illusion the game is trying to build. If this game actually had proper traffic being calculated the entire city would be in gridlock as it is now as they can't even navigate it.

-Tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Oct 26, 2017
You're just trying to deflect legitimate criticism of broken/poorly implemented systems (literally decades behind the times). But I guess it doesn't really matter, especially despawning the civilians, since whether they're there or not is superfluous due to the non-existent AI.

But really? You only walk in straight lines? You never notice the completely different sets of vehicles and pedestrians? That's not worth talking about, or strange in any way? Especially given the marketing jargon for this game?

Your whole angle here is disingenuous. I doubt the guy making the Twitter thread spins in circles all day. Do you understand the purpose of creating a video to highlight the issue you are describing in text?

I am actually going to have to walk back on this. Since I said I don't do that type of stuff in my playtime, I actually loaded it up and I did. Obviously my opinion is derived from my own experience with the game.... and I am playing on a top end PC. This actually does not happen in my version. I walked into a busy street and shot into the air, did 360s, walked around the corner and back. Did everything I could to try and recreate. Everyone was still there or was running away. This is another case of the console version kind of being a different game than the PC one.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Placide.

I might've locked myself out of more Voodoo Boys quests because I punched him? Idk. Can he blame me? Lol.

Lunatic

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone made it past the southern border gate where it says "leaving nigth city" (lol at their spelling)

Seems possible but the many many guards and bots fuck me right up if i try and rush it. Not sure if theres even any point if theres a death wall or something there if i do.

Baked Pigeon

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Phoenix
I feel bad for everyone having problems. I'm playing the Xbox version on series x and it runs great. I'm finally starting to get the hang of the games leveling and crafting system. This is the most fun I've had with a game since Remake 3.

LilWayneSuckz

Oct 25, 2017
Dear. God...this Braindance sequence in the apartment is AWFUL!!!!!!!

EDIT: How do you make the same type of sequence that is in a Quantic Dream game but worse?

Wracu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I am actually going to have to walk back on this. Since I said I don't do that type of stuff in my playtime, I actually loaded it up and I did. Obviously my opinion is derived from my own experience with the game.... and I am playing on a top end PC. This actually does not happen in my version. I walked into a busy street and shot into the air, did 360s, walked around the corner and back. Did everything I could to try and recreate. Everyone was still there or was running away. This is another case of the console version kind of being a different game than the PC one.

A version of the game purposefully hidden from view and review until the game was out. And obvious lies and assurances of its performance on PS4/XBO. For a game announced before PS4 was even officially announced.
If the game was meant only for 2-3k+ PCs, what do you think their sales outlook for this game would be?

Also, there are plenty of games on these systems that are actually gorgeous and do not have these problems. You could argue all day that Night City is denser than those games, or whatever, but I'm just going to reply with 8.5 years.

Noema

Jan 17, 2018
Mexico CIty
On top of having Delamain's portrait perpetually clip into every single phone conversation in the game, now the controls for the turret in Panam's mission are also perpetually present in my game.