Status
Not open for further replies.

LabRat

Mar 16, 2018
New screenshot that Nibel posted on twitter:

It's expected that they will on PC, but hopefully CDPR gives a CA toggle on consoles

am i being crazy or is this a blade runner reference?

rSWL0RM.png

Hey Please

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America
vestan and I are doing the OT - and it will blow this one away, I assure you🤘

I am assured. 🤘

am i being crazy or is this a blade runner reference?

rSWL0RM.png

Nice catch. Lest we forget, BR2049 takes place in LA and Night City is a fictional location that is based on the stretch of land between LA and SF. I would not surprised if there are other BR references and/or easter eggs in the game.

orlock

Oct 28, 2017
sweet OT, nice work!

really lucked out this week, Thursday's one of my days off, so ill wake up and make myself a nice lunch, pour myself the last of my Japanese scotch, and settle in for the Wire.

Milennia

Prophet of Truth - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
The 25 minute news is fantastic, hopefully tons of gameplay on their latest build.

Edgar

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I wonder if cdpr approaching night city with similar mindset like w3. As in in w3 everything moved and swayed, wildlife was doing its own thing and cities just bustling with npcs and events. I wonder if in cyberpunk same thing applies, neon signs, ads, cars, everything just moves without player interaction.

Magic-Man

Feb 5, 2019
Epic Universe
Predictions for how much is shown? (it's confirmed to be 25 minutes)

Mine:
  • 3 minute story trailer to start the show. I'm surprised we haven't seen much of the story focus in the trailers so far.
  • 12 minutes of edited gameplay, showing different parts of Night City and the Badlands.
  • 10 minutes of Q&A with gameplay clips to show context for what they're talking about (Braindance)

OP
OP

Black Chamber

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
United States
Predictions for how much is shown? (it's confirmed to be 25 minutes)

Mine:
  • 3 minute story trailer to start the show. I'm surprised we haven't seen much of the story focus in the trailers so far.
  • 12 minutes of edited gameplay, showing different parts of Night City and the Badlands.
  • 10 minutes of Q&A with gameplay clips to show context for what they're talking about (Braindance)
Good assessment👍

OP
OP

Black Chamber

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
United States

MrWindUpBird

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Man, I'm as excited as the next person for this game and it's probably my most anticipated game of the year. I appreciate the work that went into this OT but that little blurb about "passion" and "perfection takes time" is pretty tone deaf when we know that the team is crunching to get this game out and are going to be crunching even more with the delay. We can be excited for the game, but we don't need to go the route of saying that the team is passionate to pass off the real issues that crunch presents.

Blade30

Oct 26, 2017
New screenshot that Nibel posted on twitter:

It's expected that they will on PC, but hopefully CDPR gives a CA toggle on consoles

The whole outskirts/badlands thing is extremely dope. The blade runner in this shot is awesome. Instantly recognized it and I've only seen the movie once!

Not gonna lie, as I was scrolling down and saw a picture coming up I thought it was from Blade Runner at first.

OP
OP

Black Chamber

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
United States
This is maybe my favorite OT ever. Great job!
Thank you!!

Just wait until you see the Cyberpunk 2077 OT😎😲
Man, I'm as excited as the next person for this game and it's probably my most anticipated game of the year. I appreciate the work that went into this OT but that little blurb about "passion" and "perfection takes time" is pretty tone deaf when we know that the team is crunching to get this game out and are going to be crunching even more with the delay. We can be excited for the game, but we don't need to go the route of saying that the team is passionate to pass off the real issues that crunch presents.
But they are passionate about it though.

Just look at any of the tweets from Paweł Sasko - they are always beaming with excitement about the game. If they are undergoing a hard crunch, they are at least still very excited to share things with us and they are blatantly excited about the game they are making in general; so it truly is a labor of love and a passion project for them.

MrWindUpBird

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Thank you!!

Just look at any of the tweets from Paweł Sasko - they are always beaming with excitement about the game. If they are undergoing a hard crunch, they are at least still very excited to share things with us and they are blatantly excited about the game they are making in general; so it truly is a labor of love and a passion project for them.
But being passionate doesn't negate the crunch culture? I get that the game really strikes a chord with you and that your posts about the game show that you're passionate, but I still don't think that means it should be passed over. Most developers are probably passionate about the games they make. Naughty Dog was passionate about The Last of Us 2 and it was a labor of love for them, yet they still suffered under heavy crunch. It's just really weird to downplay that because of passion. But whatever I guess, hopefully the stream ends up being decent.

Milennia

Prophet of Truth - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Still need to decide on if i'm playing this game in 21:9 or on a 4k hdr display

Nooblet

Oct 25, 2017
Thank you!!

It's a big team. It's just unlikely that all 400+ people working on the game are happy to crunch.
Considering the size of the team it can be safely assumed that there will be a decent number of people who may not want to crunch but are peer-pressured into it...even if they like the project they are working on.

We also know from reports from other studios like R*, ND etc how it usually is, i.e. the people at the top are so passionate about it and regularly work overtime for it as it's basically their brain child, but the people below them have to just go along with it as there's not much choice when the bosses want to work, afterall for the bosses to be able to do their work they need their staff to work as well.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.