Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 50232

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 3, 2018
Must be a nightmare trying to bring this game to the finish line. The sheer size and complexity, the number of platforms as well as the majority of the team working in isolation at home. No wonder it has been delayed so many times.

OP
OP

Black Chamber

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
United States
QA Lead doing slow "do it all, loot everything, take your time and stealth it" playthrough on hardest difficulty. It's still WIP after putting in these hours.

EnWpwnHXMAEf3u8

😲

Any reservations about game length and replayability I may have had are assuaged🤘

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017
Lucky i got this for $50 on amazon.ca and can upgrade for free to ps5

when exactly is ps5 version coming again and will it have options for 60 fps or rt?

Truant

Oct 28, 2017
Streaming and monetization aside, why would anyone want to play the the game as it exists on the retail disc when CDPR literally delayed a delay they swore would never happen purely to keep working on the game until the last possible moment before the holidays?

OP
OP

Black Chamber

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
United States
he basically just says he didn't find any gwent like game in cyberpunk after playing for 16 hours. he also says don't expect to do a lot of side activities like in the gta games.
Thank you🙏
So not out in the wild, yet.

Still signals more that no more delays as Amazon is starting to get stocked with copies.
Oh, this game will be leaked. Spoilers will be shared around the internet.

When this occurs, it will be a total media blackout for me😤
Yeah, matter of time at this point though.
Unfortunately, yes😔
I love that movie and that gif🤘🍻💯

sweetmini

Jun 12, 2019
I am tired by the personal attacks over here.
Yes i played cyberpunk with my school mates in the 90s, we were probably only 4 to play it in our effing city (Sandy, Alex, me, Czub) , same number of us that was playing Toons (infinite inventory bag had to come from here), or even -not same kind- magic. It was very difficult to get people to gather, luckily we had one dedicated mate who was a fantastic game master.

I am very excited to see the pen and paper done justice, but this is it to me, i am out of these topic forever.

Last edited:

Bufbaf

Don't F5!
Oct 25, 2017
Hamburg, Germany
I am tired by the personal attacks over here.
Yes i played cyberpunk with my school mates in the 90s, we were probably only 4 to play it in our effing city (Sandy, Alex, me, Czub) , same number of us that was playing Toons (infinite inventory bag had to come from here), or even -not same kind- magic. It was very difficult to get people to gather, luckily we had one dedicated mate who was a fantastic game master.

I am very excited to see the pen and paper done justice, but this is it to me, i am out of these topic forever.
If you're talking about my post from yesterday, I don't know what to tell you. It's not a personal attack, it's not even an attack, it's a request for all those "but the original game also is transphobic as fuck so it's just cdpr being true to it" posts to put up our shut up.
Literally the only debatable thing I could even find us that one scan from the rulebook about humanity costs for (cybernetic) gender change within a played scenario, which is a rule assigned to all cyber body modifications to stop players from creating a can-do-all semi robot. Even if you take it as an attack against trans people, which is valid, although in context I'm not sure I agree, it's not even close to the shit CDPR has shown. So yeah I take issue with blaming the original for CDPRs clearly transphobic handling of the franchise, and I don't intend to let "but the original" be a valid argument, because it isn't. I couldn't care less if you, like me, played the original rpg, but I'm willing to bet the vast majority of people using this shield to deflect did not.

If you take this as a personal attack, I can't say much except it's not.

His Majesty

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
I do think they once mentioned that the main campaign is shorter than The Witcher 3. But looking at that 175 hours played maybe there's just a lot more of side content.

Also I wouldn't want to be a QA tester for this game either haha.

Golgotterath

Nov 21, 2020
One thing I'm still curious about is the amount of level gating, when it comes to itemization in the game. For me the emphasis on 'simulation' and 'you can go everywhere' after the introduction, as outlined in the recent 16 hours hands-on reports are important - as that's precisely what I'm looking for in CB77. However, we've also seen comments about items being level gated, meaning that risky exploration is not always rewarding, as you wouldn't be able to use said items. TW3 also had this of course, but I hoped the developers would change their stance on this in this game.

Positive examples - for me - would be Morrowind or Gothic back in the day, where specific content that was definitely above your paygrade at that time could still be extremely rewarding because of a specific item at the end of your exploration. Could this lead to balance concerns? For sure, but that's the great thing about SP games, the only person affected by this would be you. And if that would be a bridge too far, Divinity Original Sin 2 made it possible to use items with a higher level requirement by giving you some specific penalties.

Has there been any content that goes into more detail on this?

Xando

Oct 28, 2017
I do think they once mentioned that the main campaign is shorter than The Witcher 3. But looking at that 175 hours played maybe there's just a lot more of side content.

From what i heard the main story might be shorter than W3 but they have many side quests which makes the game so big

Deleted member 20986

Oct 28, 2017

Best news I've heard about this game yet (apart from the leaked disc solidifying the release date).

Surface

Nov 6, 2017
Ended up pre-order this due to the stadia campaign

Im more or less in it for the driving part. Anyone know how many hours of "quests" I need to do before game opens up and I could get my hands on most cars? Any information if there is a limit on how many you can own? From my underdstanding if you steal a car you need to purchase it in order to keep it? Hopeing to causally drift around in this amazing setting and end up in car chases / get aways on a random occation depending on what I do.

Golgotterath

Nov 21, 2020
Ended up pre-order this due to the stadia campaign

Im more or less in it for the driving part. Anyone know how many hours of "quests" I need to do before game opens up and I could get my hands on most cars? Any information if there is a limit on how many you can own? From my underdstanding if you steal a car you need to purchase it in order to keep it? Hopeing to causally drift around in this amazing setting and end up in car chases / get aways on a random occation depending on what I do.

Based on the 16h reports roughly 6~8 hours before the gamen opens up.

Xando

Oct 28, 2017
After skipping through the leaked footage a bit i sure am happy the PC version will be optimized for SSD day one

Nameless

Oct 25, 2017
Black Chamber, you've been taking the lead on all things Cyberpunk (excellent work, btw) so I figured I'd ask – any plans for a Discord server?

Looking at that PS4 leak thread, most recently, it will be needed.

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK
I don't even remember what was up with Insomniac. I just know this forum was up in arms about them for something not that long ago. Something to do with crunch I think.

Cyberpunk would do well with some mini games to pass the time. But not stuff like tennis from GTA because that was just a time waster with no tournament system or deep mechanics. Why waste time putting something in that's just a worse or incredibly simple version of another game? A cyber variant of Gwent would fit just right.

pic3738560.jpg

Give me this in the game and I'll be happy.

You died too soon Netrunner, you were too good for this sinful earth.

Ninhead

Drive-in Mutant
Avenger
Nov 18, 2017
Has there been any mentions on what to expect visually/performance-wise playing on an XSS? I'm afraid this game is going to make me seriously regret not getting a Series X instead.

RAWRferal

Oct 27, 2017
London, UK
Has there been any mentions on what to expect visually/performance-wise playing on an XSS? I'm afraid this game is going to make me seriously regret not getting a Series X instead.
Xbox One S version with performance cleared-up due to the increased power, just like all other multiplat Series S BC games.

No source, but this is the default state of play unless otherwise stated.

Dec 31, 2017
Initially it's going to be the One S version with better performance basically, just like the other next gen versions but at a lower res. It should get better though once it gets updated to next gen in 2021.

Status
Not open for further replies.