• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 46804

User requested account closure
Banned
Aug 17, 2018
Do it then.

I think that would lead to most animosity towards TransEra as the scapegoat and create a bunch of whataboutism but go ahead do it.

But whatever do you
Hatred towards trans era because people can't discuss a game? The people that would be upset that they can't discuss their game and blame it on the trans community can fuck right off. They shouldn't be welcome here in the first place.

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
I'm not a mod. I don't know how I would handle it. But ignoring the conversation for a month, ignoring transEra, still creating the OT, and then taking a self ban as you talk about it on the era Cyberpunk discord which you just created and posted a link to earlier in this thread before your scheduled ban doesn't really solve anything either.

I want to address this real quick so there is no misunderstanding. vestan and Black Chamber did not make the Discord with any kind of relation to any bans or anything. If you go back in the thread you will find that I was actually the one that asked BC if there was a Discord because its easier to use Discord than it is to use Era while playing the game and I wanted an easy go to way to discuss the game on the go. Turns out there was no Discord and BC just made a makeshift one on the spot and some people started to join.

So that's how that happened. It had nothing to do with any bans. The discord existed well in advance of Vestan ever catching a ban.

entrydenied

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
It's a shame that the single biggest game release in a decade also has to be tied up with so much controversy.

Would have been nice if it could have just been a positive experience. Blames all on CDPR for fucking that up.

It is only the "single biggest game" because of hype threads like these, and the marketing by CDPR and influencers🤷‍♂️

timedesk

Oct 27, 2017
I of course agree that it should all be part of the discussion. But that's not what the other poster was saying at all unfortunately.

I think you have to consider what people take away from statements that they just want to be able to talk about the game without any consideration of the company's and game's transphobia because it makes them feel bad. Statements like that frame the discussion as something trans members are inflicting on other posters instead of something caused by the company that made this game.

It's not the trans community's fault that this game has engaged in harmful transphobia, that the company itself has a history of transphobic statements, and at basically no point addressed this issue. I think that gets lost in all of this. People don't want to feel bad, but most trans posters don't have that option about with regards to this game and just want to be heard without being made out to be agitators or vilified. This is a messy and emotional issue, that has be exacerbate by careless choices from the OP.

This post came out long, and I'm sorry if it seems combative, but I beg people to please try and empathize with the trans community here.

Bufbaf

Don't F5!
Oct 25, 2017
Hamburg, Germany
We had a "hype thread" for Kingdom Come? Hatred is obviously a different subject, and I hope you're just making a false equivalence to try and make a point.
Look at that, I actually did think KC was banned in some amount. Yes, the Hatred example is not equivalent and it was literally the first game I was thinking of as an example. You get my point though, and that's only one - admittedly provocatively worded - half of my post.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
I disagree. "If you are not trans then you do not get to ask this. You are not a victim here, if Era did ban discussion your disappointment is not really a factor that needs to be addressed. At all."
I don't care if you disagree.

I said do not come into a conversation playing victim, like your right to discuss the game is of any importance here.

It is not.

That is not the same thing as saying "shut up, you can't talk about the game".

Talk about the game, enjoy the game, have fun. But do NOT act like your right to talk about the game is of any major concern in the context of this situation.

Trace

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Look at that, I actually did think KC was banned in some amount. Yes, the Hatred example is not equivalent and it was literally the first game I was thinking of as an example. You get my point though, and that's only one - admittedly provocatively worded - half of my post.

Generally, games with content that are discussion banned are very obviously banned for a reason, and neither KC or CP2077 falls under that category. Both of them should be allowed to be talked about, and I'd argue that KC as an example had far more discussion about why the views of the creators of that game were problematic since conversation was allowed to continue than people would have known had discussion been banned.

Sledward

Oct 27, 2017
Does anyone have an idea if their are major differences between PS4 pro and ps5 versions?
Got a Ps5 coming on the 15th but really want to play on my pro at release.

I remember watching the teaser trailer multiple times when it first got released, can't believe we're 4 days from launch.

Jeremy

Oct 25, 2017
Does anyone have an idea if their are major differences between PS4 pro and ps5 versions?

Framerate, I guess. Possibly fewer dips in dynamic resolution if the game uses it. That's really it, as far as I know. The real next-gen features won't be activated until next-year's next-gen patch.

Since it's running through BC now, it should be fine to just start the game on PS4 Pro and then transfer your save to PS5 once you get the console.

Dolce

Oct 25, 2017

I remember watching the teaser trailer multiple times when it first got released, can't believe we're 4 days from launch.

Outside of generally running better I'm not sure we know the specific differences. I'd look at other PS4->PS5 games that are run through BC to compare.

GamerDude

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I don't care if you disagree.

I said do not come into a conversation playing victim, like your right to discuss the game is of any importance here.

It is not.

That is not the same thing as saying "shut up, you can't talk about the game".

Talk about the game, enjoy the game, have fun. But do NOT act like you right to talk about the game is of any major concern im the context of this situation.

So you are now saying that you think we should be able to talk about the game, but we don't get to be disappointed if that ability gets taken away. Yeah this conversation is going to go nowhere, and I guess I don't care that you don't care that I disagree with you.

Jun 6, 2020
Do it then.

I think that would lead to most animosity towards TransEra as the scapegoat and create a bunch of whataboutism but go ahead do it.

But whatever do you
I don't think banning game discussion is going to lead to backlash on here. I would assume (maybe I shouldn't) that most people here would understand why discussion was banned. There are plenty of other spaces on the web for Cyberpunk hype.

Bufbaf

Don't F5!
Oct 25, 2017
Hamburg, Germany
Generally, games with content that are discussion banned are very obviously banned for a reason, and neither KC or CP2077 falls under that category. Both of them should be allowed to be talked about, and I'd argue that KC as an example had far more discussion about why the views of the creators of that game were problematic since conversation was allowed to continue than people would have known had discussion been banned.
To which I do generally also agree. It's good to have a discussion about issues and problems with a game, or to educate people on broader issues that are being validated by a game. But that's all possible within a thread dedicated to said issues, and it doesn't need a thread themed by walkthroughs, screenshot hype or progress sharing to do that, if our own community is being harmed by noncritical promotion of said game.

Trace

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
To which I do generally also agree. It's good to have a discussion about issues and problems with a game, or to educate people on broader issues that are being validated by a game. But that's all possible within a thread dedicated to said issues, and it doesn't need a thread themed by walkthroughs, screenshot hype or progress sharing to do that, if our own community is being harmed by noncritical promotion of said game.

I'll just have to agree to disagree with you on this one. Just searching threads with "Kingdom Come Deliverance" in the name, I can see at least 40 that have been created, and I don't think it harmed this website by having those threads exist or allowing people to discuss topics they'd like to discuss about the game.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
So you are now saying that you think we should be able to talk about the game, but we don't get to be disappointed if that ability gets taken away. Yeah this conversation is going to go nowhere, and I guess I don't care that you don't care that I disagree with you.
I have literally never said anyone shouldn't be able to dicuss the game. That was your own reading comprehension failure.

What is so hard for you to understand here?

This situation is about trans rights and finding the best solution to highlighting the issues with this game/company while allowing the discussion to still take place.

A random, non-trans person's comfort, to be able to dicuss their game in peace, is NOT important in any way. At all.

Read this, and understand it:

I think the person means is that your comfort discussing a video game shouldn't supersede discussion about legit trans issues. Basically, check your privilege.

catswaller

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'll just have to agree to disagree with you on this one. Just searching threads with "Kingdom Come Deliverance" in the name, I can see at least 40 that have been created, and I don't think it harmed this website by having those threads exist or allowing people to discuss topics they'd like to discuss about the game.
yeah i personally posted in several of those threads to say daniel vavra was a nazi and call out people celebrating him, worked fine.

Dolce

Oct 25, 2017

I agree that hype threads and trailers and such are promotion but I don't think I agree that discussion of the game itself, whether that be progress or other elements is promotion.

I don't think OTs have to be hype threads, they're just centralized discussion rather than having people make OTs for everything that comes up.

Though my personal opinion on forums is that centralized threads suck and people should be allowed to make threads about specific games without having to put it there.

Adulfzen

Oct 29, 2017
trying to paint the trans community as some sort of hate mob "out for blood" is fucking disgusting when said community has been ignored by the moderation which is bending over backwards for two individuals who have been acting antagonistically when asked if they'd be an ally and give proper exposure to the transphobia displayed by the marketing and the game itself.

Jeremy

Oct 25, 2017
Is the current gen version looking decent or is it more advisable to wait for next gen

I haven't really seen any PC performance/features list in comparison to the console versions, so it's tough to say. CDPR hasn't said if PC features like raytracing are coming to the next-gen patch as far as I know... so it's really a crapshoot as to what those next-gen patched versions will look like.

PC is probably your best bet for now (but who knows if it will be upgraded again once next-gen patches get... sort of like how Witcher 3 was greatly upgraded post-release), followed by playing a console version on a PS5 or Series X for boosted performance.

Kiryani

Banned
Jan 28, 2018
We are so close to the true game of the year. Can't wait.

I genuinely don't see how this isn't going to be game of the generation, potentially both this and last, based on what I've seen so far.

I just don't see anything else thats been announced that has a 8 year dev cycle and the best studio on the planet behind it,

GTA6 if it gets a move on

catswaller

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
User Banned (1 Month): Dismissing concerns around transphobia, ignoring staff post
And had those threads not existed, they would be celebrating elsewhere without people like you to inform them. Banning discussion does more harm than good.
I mean im not sure anyone listened to me, but yeah, the point is that its healthy to want to play a game even if it has an evil creator, and its healthy to get in those peoples faces and let them know what theyre supporting.

im cis, but current cyberpunk balance (posters can enjoy it, and posters can also get yelled at for ignoring the transphobia) seems good to me, EXCEPT for some people getting away with flaunting the rules, and some other people seeming to experience a lot of grief about the fact that others are enjoying the game, and maybe tying enjoyment too closely to aligning with the game politically.

robinium7

Jul 25, 2020
Ireland
Yeah you certainly voiced what they meant to say better than they did.

I agree, I took the same meaning as you did from the overly passive aggressive original post. As someone from a minority background myself, I would wonder what is being achieved by being so aggressive towards people who just want to talk about the game without feeling like a horrible person? (which is what the original person asked about which got that response mentioned). Because I certainly don't think it does anything but turn people away from the cause, making them less likely to care. They didn't say that they wanted a thread which ignored the trans issues, just that they wanted to post without being made feel horrible for talking about stuff in the game itself and that they'd be disappointed if discussion was outright banned from the website.

Mik317

Oct 25, 2017
the mods have done everything asked of them.

They created all of the threadmarks; they are going to locked the thread during release; the thread has all of the info asked of them.

this idea that they have done nothing is just outright false.

may not be enough but stop it.

Deleted member 2328

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Why though? What's the issue with saying "look, it's fine to talk about social and intellectual issues with this game, there are many and they can be freely discussed, but we're not okay with being a walking ad for a game that actively goes against our core values"?
And you think that only having a thread where you can only talk about the issues surrounding the game and CDPR would gain any more traction or contribute to make more people aware than the sticky thread that already exists?

GamerDude

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I have literally never said anyone shouldn't be able to dicuss the game. That was your own reading comprehension failure.

What is so hard for you to understand here?

This situation is about trans rights and finding the best solution to highlighting the issues with this game/company while allowing the discussion to still take place.

A random, non-trans person's comfort, to be able to dicuss their game in peace, is NOT important in any way. At all.

Read this, and understand it:

Lol. I already said that their quote translating what you meant to say said what you failed to say in your own post. So I don't need to "read this, understand it". And you did in fact say that we shouldn't get to voice any disappointment if being able to discuss Cyberpunk was taken away. Maybe you should read your own posts.

GamerDude

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I agree, I took the same meaning as you did from the overly passive aggressive original post. As someone from a minority background myself, I would wonder what is being achieved by being so aggressive towards people who just want to talk about the game without feeling like a horrible person? (which is what the original person asked about which got that response mentioned). Because I certainly don't think it does anything but turn people away from the cause, making them less likely to care. They didn't say that they wanted a thread which ignored the trans issues, just that they wanted to post without being made feel horrible for talking about stuff in the game itself and that they'd be disappointed if discussion was outright banned from the website.

Yup, exactly. Thanks for your thoughts as well.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah you certainly voiced what they meant to say better than they did.
They said it more succinctly, but they understood what I said. My post was clear to anyone who actually cared to understand it.

It wasn't paasove, aggression, it was legitimate frustration with yet another non-trans person putting their desire to comfortably discuss a video game in peace forward as a legitimate concern.

That kind of gross privilege is a the heart of this issue.

The concerns of people to "not be seen" a certain way are NOT a concern worth hearing.

THEY are the ones who should be listening and asking questions if they do not understand, not placated, catered to, and definitely not held up as any kid of victims.

Loud Wrong

Feb 24, 2020
Wait, the game runs at 60 FPS on PS5? Rockstar isn't even getting their three gen old game to run at 60. Thats impressive and makes me want to not wait for the next gen patch.

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Wait, the game runs at 60 FPS on PS5? Rockstar isn't even getting their three gen old game to run at 60. Thats impressive and makes me want to not wait for the next gen patch.

I would be legitimately shocked if it was a steady 60 throughout given what we have seen tbh. I have no proof that it won't be though. That is just the pessimistic side of me.

Feb 4, 2018
trying to paint the trans community as some sort of hate mob "out for blood" is fucking disgusting when said community has been ignored by the moderation which is bending over backwards for two individuals who have been acting antagonistically when asked if they'd be an ally and give proper exposure to the transphobia displayed by the marketing and the game itself.

What part of today's mod post did you miss?

Language around the game's Trans issues was going to be included in the OP from the very beginning.

B-Dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
On Break
Oct 25, 2017
Official Staff Communication
We're temporarily locking both threads pertaining to Cyberpunk as things are getting out of hand and generating an enormous number of reports that need to be processed.

As for the state of any Cyberpunk OTs, I will be taking over the responsibilities and will create a text-only thread in consultation with trans individuals.

The reason we're featuring an OT for this game is because marginalized members of the forum, including trans members, have expressed a desire in public and private for a space where they can discuss the game and its contents in an environment where bigotry is not tolerated. We would hope that all members of the site would be willing to give them that space and commensurate consideration and kindness.

As an update: Black Chamber has been permanently banned now that we've seen proof that he has not been sincere in his conversations with the staff.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.