Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN
Is Night City the expected location of Cyberpunk Multiplayer and are they reusing assets and systems? Perhaps there are new locations, but I can't imagine them not leveraging what was already built.

CyberPunk takes place in Night City so it 100% will reuse the city etc. designed for the 2077.

Other than that they have said that they are testing and prototyping systems, gameplay loops etc. just for the MP. They have small team doing basically R&D for the MP component.

Son of Sparda

"This guy are sick" says The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
I'm sure anyone can find issues if they dig deep enough. The single player game will be huge, if it's not worth your $60 then don't buy it, simple as that. The online is a seperate project, this is not an online game with single player campaign added on.
I wasn't talking about the single player game so I don't know why you are bringing that up.

mdf/markus

Oct 30, 2017
CyberPunk takes place in Night City so it 100% will reuse the city etc. designed for the 2077.

Other than that they have said that they are testing and prototyping systems, gameplay loops etc. just for the MP. They have small team doing basically R&D for the MP component.

I really hope they don't want to try to copy GTA5 success in MP.
While it didn't really hurt the SP experience, I don't think such a MP is sustainable with a healthy userbase in today's market. It worked for GTA5 as it has a huge install base, but even Rockstar and 2k were not able to repoduce that success with RDR2.

Oct 25, 2017
So the multiplayer is the micro transactions? Or does the multiplayer have micro transactions in it? Or maybe both I guess.

Iron Eddie

Banned
Nov 25, 2019
I wasn't talking about the single player game so I don't know why you are bringing that up.
I mentioned the online portion, I just said it's a seperate project.

I guess there's just no pleasing everyone, they can have the best single player game, work on it for 5 plus years and be a 40 hour plus game or more, charge $60 and not get into the next gen pricing some have with $70, and then have an online portion seperate but put in MTX? Nah, now we have to compare them to EA.

Mudo

Oct 25, 2017
Tennessee
I do not need or want any real money transactions in CP 2077, after paying $60 for it. End of story.
If this was a GAAS then sure, but it's not. I hope there isn't a store in the game menu where tons of crap
can be bought. Keep that shit out of single player games.

Edit: Oh this is MP only? I did not even know the game would have any MP in it tbh. That's fine. If there isn't any in the single player game then I'm good.

Son of Sparda

"This guy are sick" says The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
I mentioned the online portion, I just said it's a seperate project.

I guess there's just no pleasing everyone, they can have the best single player game, work on it for 5 plus years and be a 40 hour plus game or more, charge $60 and not get into the next gen pricing some have with $70, and then have an online portion seperate but put in MTX? Nah, now we have to compare them to EA.
Dude, what are you even going off about lol

They made fun of MTXs in other MP games, just to announce MTXs in their own MP game. How hard is it to understand that they are showing a hypocritical behavior?

SirSalabean

May 12, 2018
It's a wait and see for me until it's actually shown. I'm very sceptical though even though it's cd red they might change over the years to be less consumer friendly. As long as the best stuff isn't locked out of earning it that's fine

misho8723

Banned
Jan 7, 2018
Slovakia
For people who are still confused
h01iwnenzrl51.jpg

ih7xirauyrl51.jpg

Zeal543

Next Level Seer
May 15, 2020
Is this where the budget went to, removing a bunch of features they announced for single player?

Gnorman

Banned
Jan 14, 2018
I wouldn't even mind if they put mtx in the single player portion as long as it was purely cosmetic. If people want to spend a few quid for fashion items that's up to them. I wouldn't spend anything personally but neither would I feel like I was missing out.

misho8723

Banned
Jan 7, 2018
Slovakia
That's close to how it works actually, budget being allocated to multiplayer over single player cuts down on content for the main game

Almost nothing from the things some people are saying were cut from the singleplayer, were even in the game at any time in the development or announced by CDPR to be in the game to begin with

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
This. CDPR has decided to market themselves as "the good guys", which for the most part they seem to have lived up to. But it's a precarious line to walk as a publicly traded company, their investors are inevitably going to demand they maximize profit. The pushback from CDPR doing stuff like micro transactions will be much more severe because they've gone so hard with their "good guy" image that stuff like this can be seen as a betrayal.

Lol this feels like they're using a loophole. "Technically we didn't break our promise, it's not Cyberpunk 2077 that has monetization its Cyberpunk MP!"
They are definitely spinning it well, what they are doing is no different to Rockstar or plenty of other Publishers/developers (outside of Ubisoft I'm actually struggling to think of a Pub who does SP microtransactions consistently). No microtransactions in singleplayer, but they'll be in MP. I will give CDPR the benefit of the doubt over them being shitty, as they've earned that, but this really isn't anything different from what the rest do like they are trying to say.

SoEl

May 3, 2020
the level of defense that CDPR gets is astonishing to me. they can do no wrong in the eyes of some people. they literally made fun of other games for having MTX and now they're trying to spin the whole thing as different than others.
also while were at it, can we please talk about the ridiculous crunch at CDPR? or is those concerns exclusive to Naughty Dog ?

Rods

May 1, 2020
People are actually comparing a CDPR MP game with EA or Riot, do you know that EA charged 200 dollars for a skin on Apex? Have you seen the prices on Valorant or Fortnite?
We don't even know what the microtransactions will be like and how much they'll cost, can we wait before jumping to conclusions?
Maybe the MP will be shit and this won't even matter.

Eeyore

User requested ban
Banned
Dec 13, 2019
the level of defense that CDPR gets is astonishing to me. they can do no wrong in the eyes of some people. they literally made fun of other games for having MTX and now they're trying to spin the whole thing as different than others.
also while were at it, can we please talk about the ridiculous crunch at CDPR? or is those concerns exclusive to Naughty Dog ?

CDPR is largely immune to why most people were concerned with the stuff at ND: console wars. It's sad how few actually give a shit just by looking at posts about Ubisoft's next conference or whatever.

People are actually comparing a CDPR MP game with EA or Riot, do you know that EA charged 200 dollars for a skin on Apex? Have you seen the prices on Valorant or Fortnite?
We don't even know what the microtransactions will be like and how much they'll cost, can we wait before jumping to conclusions?
Maybe the MP will be shit and this won't even matter.

Whether the MP is shit or not doesn't really matter in terms of how we view its MTX though. The only difference would be that fewer people would be playing it. But people generally love GTAV online and it has some of the shittiest microtransactions of them all. A theme from 2K actually.

Zeal543

Next Level Seer
May 15, 2020
Seriously, I would say this is because of how beloved W3 is but even the downgrades (which were handled terribly on CDPR's end, similar to how the no MTX thing is with CP2077) were defended or deflected to "consoles weak lol" prior to its release. Other companies get torn apart for doing half the stuff CDPR is doing.

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN
CDPR is largely immune to why most people were concerned with the stuff at ND: console wars. It's sad how few actually give a shit just by looking at posts about Ubisoft's next conference or whatever.

If you want to talk about cancerous crunch culture in video industry go and make thread about it, then watch how quick ERA ignores it again. Blindspot for crunch isn't exclusive to CDPR, people turn blind eye to cracking of riding crop at R*, ND, Big Publisher Studios etc. all the same. Acting like CDPR is somehow getting "exclusive pass" on that stuff on here is disingenuous.

I'm still waiting for Jason to do some follow up on his CDPR crunch reporting to see if studio leadership has actually done meaningful changes to work culture. Some talk has bled through to outside via youtubers etc. that CP77 crunch isn't anywhere near what it was for TW3, but someone like Jason could get better details.

Seriously, I would say this is because of how beloved W3 is but even the downgrades (which were handled terribly on CDPR's end, similar to how the no MTX thing is with CP2077) were defended or deflected to "consoles weak lol" prior to its release. Other companies get torn apart for doing half the stuff CDPR is doing.

CDPR doubled down and community had proto Puddle Gate bullshit by fucking pixel counting blades of grass to see if grass was "donwgraded". It was all around some shameful shit. It was just sad how community was micro analyzing every little detail and frame for signs of downgrade while CDPR insisted their tech wasn't changed (only to later admit that e.g. lightning engine was totally replaced etc.).

What I don't really get is why here on ERA is this narrative that CDPR is getting free pass on shit more than any other studio in existence, when most if not all ERA darlings do get just equal amount of passes on bullshit. People make noise about latest issue that studio X or Y did or was exposed for, but give it week or two and it's all quietly slipped into the night.

Zeal543

Next Level Seer
May 15, 2020
CDPR doubled down and community had proto Puddle Gate bullshit by fucking pixel counting blades of grass to see if grass was "donwgraded". It was all around some shameful shit. It was just sad how community was micro analyzing every little detail and frame for signs of downgrade while CDPR insisted their tech wasn't changed (only to later admit that e.g. lightning engine was totally replaced etc.).

What I don't really get is why here on ERA is this narrative that CDPR is getting free pass on shit more than any other studio in existence, when most if not all ERA darlings do get just equal amount of passes on bullshit. People make noise about latest issue that studio X or Y did or was exposed for, but give it week or two and it's all quietly slipped into the night.

waugh

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Feb 21, 2020
Man, what happened to CD Projekt Red? They used to be such a cool company with ethical business practices. Seems like since going for that AAA status they've become as grimey as the rest of the publishers. At this point pretty graphics and getting famous actors into your game doesn't make up for this shit.

Zeal543

Next Level Seer
May 15, 2020
You were just fishing reason to post that pretty irrelevant video, huh?

Like... sure.. okay? I'm not disagreeing and never did when it came to TW3 getting graphics hammer so not sure what you are trying to prove.
you were certainly downplaying it relating it to puddle gate. I also don't see how it's irrelevant when we are talking about W3's downgrades and reception to it not being nearly as vicious as what happens to other companies who do the same.

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN
you were certainly downplaying it relating it to puddle gate. I also don't see how it's irrelevant when we are talking about W3's downgrades and reception to it not being nearly as vicious as what happens to other companies who do the same.

Downplaying? Get out of there.

I straight out said CDPR later on admitted to swapping whole lightning engine etc., while during release window were doubling down game being same as in trailer. Community just happened to have one of the saddest downgrade meltdowns I have ever seen (before Puddle Gate happened).

Both things can be true at same time. Game being clearly downgraded and community going to some sad dark places over it.

But you are right, TW3 got less blowback on downgrades than e.g. N_D did. I would argue that quality of the game itself (story, designs etc.) did play big part on that as even gamers who aren't "CDPR fanbois" did praise TW3 especially for its writing and quest design. That tends to lessen blow of graphics not being at level of pre-release marketing and can be seen with a lot of games.

Last edited: