• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Biosnake

Oct 25, 2017
Visually looks awesome, wonder how it plays. Also very interested to see base console performance.

Vordan

Aug 12, 2018
It's literally like 3-4 times in two minutes. Not much at all.
Era has been pretty cringy themselves in how they've reacted to hearing "fuck", it's like they've forgotten all the pottymouths in the Witcher games. The thugs loved to say fuck, cocksucker, and all manner of insults.

molnizzle

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah what a bad trailer, why would they try to evoke the feeling of that game that has been in NPD top 10 for the past 7 years straight? I really hope that Cyberpunk doesn't turn out like that universally praised, award-winning game that has sold over 120 million copies and counting. Terrible trailer!

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
The visuals and art direction are interesting enough, soundtrack doesn't work and yeah the tone seems much too edgy for my liking (I'm not even opposed to profanity on general principal, something like VA-11 HALL-A had plenty of colorful language yet its execution felt far more natural compared to the writing in this). Will continue to be patient with the final product, but no, not a good trailer and indeed may as well have been a promo that Rockstar made.

Wracu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah what a bad trailer, why would they try to evoke the feeling of that game that has been in NPD top 10 for the past 7 years straight? I really hope the game doesn't turn out like that universally praised, award-winning game that has sold over 120 million copies and counting. Terrible trailer!

It's a terrible trailer because it's an absolute betrayal/misunderstanding of the genre the game is named for. Maybe the actual game is faaaaar different, but the trailer only communicates that they have no idea what they're doing with the property.

Oct 29, 2017
They're leaning into the punk aspects. For people expecting Deus Ex or Blade Runner, this is not going to be that. It's aiming to be loud and colorful not grim and gritty.
I don't think is even that, but that you always start the game from the underground and it is flying over people's head how the tone can dramatically change once your character is no longer a petty criminal.

Like we have seen Jackie die in a CGI trailer, and people are acting like he's there for 100 hours. But it is also CDPR's fault for making a whole trailer with only footage from the "tutorial".

BeeDog

Oct 26, 2017
You took that away from this? Why's the writing bad and who's acting is poor?

Yes, I took that away from this but mainly from the Twitch stream. FUCKITY FUCK (as some have said), the poor analogies like "flogging the log", it's just overwrought and comes off as overwritten to give it some kind of style. I also don't like the VA of your eternal sidekick the other characters demo'd. Is this opinion hard to accept for you? I even said the game still looks fun!

StudioTan

Oct 27, 2017
You kidding me? No one is offended; we're embarrassed if anything. Fuck can be a great way to express peak frustration or intense emotion, but when it's used as a stand in for "it" or "the" then it comes across as juvenile, childish, cringe.
What other words embarrass you? I'm fascinated.
NPC quality is great

6FiDVPK.gif
Yeah, and I love the subtle animations here.

molnizzle

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's a terrible trailer because it's an absolute betrayal/misunderstanding of the genre the game is named for. Maybe the actual game is faaaaar different, but the trailer only communicates that they have no idea what they're doing with the property.
It's an advertisement. The point of the trailer is to get as many people as possible to buy the game. They know exactly what they're doing.

BeeDog

Oct 26, 2017
the writing is a little cheesey and over the voice acting is a little husky and over performed, but i don't think it's bad

It probably won't be as noticeable when you actually play it yourself and is definitely far from a showstopper, but I always come out of it when watching gameplay clips or trailers, i.e. when I'm actively not engaging.

CosmicGP

"This guy are sick"
Oct 28, 2017
Not blown away, but it's just a trailer. I'm sure it'll be about the experience. I hope.

Really like the designs for the women though. Very cyberpunk-y and weird yet still hot.

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017
Era has been pretty cringy themselves in how they've reacted to hearing "fuck", it's like they've forgotten all the pottymouths in the Witcher games. The thugs loved to say fuck, cocksucker, and all manner of insults.
Did Witcher have a trailer where essentially every line for a minute straight said it?

Fart Master

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
A dumpster
Yes, I took that away from this but mainly from the Twitch stream. FUCKITY FUCK (as some have said), the poor analogies like "flogging the log", it's just overwrought and comes off as overwritten to give it some kind of style. I also don't like the VA of your eternal sidekick the other characters demo'd. Is this opinion hard to accept for you? I even said the game still looks fun!
You can have that opinion just like I can have my opinion that your opinion might be a tad underbaked considering it's based off a 2 min trailer.

Bruceleeroy

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Orange County
Nothing outside of the visuals is impressive about this game. It also seems like CDPRs take on trying to mimic Rockstar but they clearly don't write well enough to pull that off. Game continues to bore me. Hey snapchat kids Keanu is in the game DID YOU KNOW THAT! He's the John Wick dude! He also says f**k a lot actually we all say it because we're an adult game! I mean did you guys see our content advisory panel. This is the cool game to play kids!

It looks really good and I am dying to experience the world but... I gotta echoe the sentiment here and state that it sure looks like Cyberpunk GTA, which is not what I expected at all for its vibe or story. I dont know how I feel.

Yeah same. Why are they chasing Rockstar when they are so good at doing their own thing.

Cactuar

Banned
Nov 30, 2018
Shit writing and quite poor voice acting, but I guess I might have expected too much from a sizeable RPG game. Still looks fun though.

Witcher 3 had amazing writing and amazing voice acting and was quite large, made by the exact same company. I hate to say it but I feel like they're gonna massively drop the ball in those two key areas that made Witcher 3 so special.

I mean, we KNOW they dropped the ball on voice acting, everything they've been showing off has not been up to par. The only question is if the writing will suffer as well but from where I'm standing it doesn't look promising.

Cyclonesweep

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Nothing outside of the visuals is impressive about this game. It also seems like CDPRs take on trying to mimic Rockstar but they clearly don't write well enough to pull that off. Game continues to bore me
They don't write well enough? They write amazingly well.

That said the trailer hasn't shown good writing for this game but CDPR are good writers

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah what a bad trailer, why would they try to evoke the feeling of that game that has been in NPD top 10 for the past 7 years straight? I really hope that Cyberpunk doesn't turn out like that universally praised, award-winning game that has sold over 120 million copies and counting. Terrible trailer!
It's called Cyberpunk, the genre has a history.

And I never liked that argument. Clash of Clans makes even more money, they shouldn't cater to that, though.

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017
Did you count how many times other words were used too? I'd be curious to know the ratio.
Didn't need to. That was pretty much all the dialog.

It's clear you have no writing sensibilities, if you don't notice or care about the same exclamatory word being used eight times in different cuts within like a minute. And that's okay, but you should be okay with some people caring.

-COOLIO-

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
steampunk and cyberpunk definitions have widened a lot over the decades, and that's fine.

calavera520

Oct 28, 2017

I don't get these responses. What is this one sole way in which the "genre" is supposed to be portrayed? Isn't the creator behind the property contributing to the game?

Couscous

Oct 30, 2017
Twente (The Netherlands)
Nothing outside of the visuals is impressive about this game. It also seems like CDPRs take on trying to mimic Rockstar but they clearly don't write well enough to pull that off. Game continues to bore me

Yeah same. Why are they chasing Rockstar when they are so good at doing their own thing.
The Witcher 3 seems better than this and it's also a CDPR game. The Witcher 3 still has the best writing in AAA open world games.

lvl 99 Pixel

Oct 25, 2017
Nothing outside of the visuals is impressive about this game. It also seems like CDPRs take on trying to mimic Rockstar but they clearly don't write well enough to pull that off. Game continues to bore me. Hey snapchat kids Keanu is in the game DID YOU KNOW THAT! He's the John Wick dude! He also says f**k a lot actually we all say it because we're an adult game! I mean did you guys see our content advisory panel. This is the cool game to play kids!

Mimic Rockstar in which sense? TW3 was already a better open world than anything Rockstar did.