shiba5

I shed
Oct 25, 2017
I am running into a problem where the followers with ritual quests will not go to the chapel. I always have only 6 of my 14 followers show up and they are always the same ones. The ones with the quests never show up. Am I missing something?

Edit: Appears to be a known bug which sucks because I've failed 2 quests now because the follower never go to the temple.

Last edited:

Kadzork

Has got mad skills!!
Oct 27, 2017
I am running into a problem where the followers with ritual quests will not go to the chapel. I always have only 6 of my 14 followers show up and they are always the same ones. The ones with the quests never show up. Am I missing something?

Edit: Appears to be a known bug which sucks because I've failed 2 quests now because the follower never go to the temple.

I'm not sure if this makes a difference but for all my quests involving rituals I entered the temple and chose rituals first and the required follower entered.

Couple of times I held a sermon first and a random selection comes in first.

ThisOne

Oct 27, 2017
Played for about an hour and feel slightly overwhelmed. Seems like there are a lot of systems and I'm not sure what does what.

carlsojo

Shinra Employee
Oct 28, 2017
San Francisco

I have that issue too..shit sucks.

Bardeh

Jun 15, 2018
Played for about an hour and feel slightly overwhelmed. Seems like there are a lot of systems and I'm not sure what does what.

There are a lot of systems but if you just keep on playing they all basically just progress themselves through activities you do. There are some light choices but nothing too impactful, and you can't really mess anything up.

Cheat Code

Oct 30, 2017
I know this game has about an equal focus on the base building and the dungeon crawls, but this combat and roguelike progression is so incredibly nothing that I'm not really that engaged. Bit of a shame as I was pretty excited for this, hopefully it ramps up later.

Zutrax

"This guy are sick"
Oct 31, 2017
Just finished the game and trying to wrap up achievements and collectibles. I'm missing two tarot cards, the one on the top right and the very bottom right of the tarot card list.

I've bought every one in each hub area, got the one from fishing, the one from the cat shop in the dungeons. I have no clue what I'm missing.

Also how in the hell do I get snail shells and more eyes for the quest?

Larrikin

Oct 25, 2017
Really enjoying the game thus far. Its not too much in any direction with the mish mash of genres which is exactly what I wanted. I can definitely see wanting more depth in either (Id love more synergistic build choices in the combat sections) but right now, especially since Im feeling a bit sick irl its exactly what I need to fill some time and have fun.

Kadzork

Has got mad skills!!
Oct 27, 2017
Just finished the game and trying to wrap up achievements and collectibles. I'm missing two tarot cards, the one on the top right and the very bottom right of the tarot card list.

I've bought every one in each hub area, got the one from fishing, the one from the cat shop in the dungeons. I have no clue what I'm missing.

Also how in the hell do I get snail shells and more eyes for the quest?

I'm in the same boat as you when it comes to tarot cards. There must be some secrets yet undiscovered as I also stumbled across needing snail shells after I finished the game as well.

In regards to the eyes:

You have to beat each dungeon one more time after the Bishop is dead to face a new Witness XXX boss - the eyes drop from their chests.

All I have left to go is all fleeces, all tarot cards, sacrifice more followers and all follower appearances.

Also the 4 secret trophies which I looked up - kill all Bishops taking no damage.

I have been seeing way more bugs the longer I have played. Just had a run halted because my screen went black apart from the UI - I could still move around but any visual element left a trailing graphical glitch. Had to bail from the run and it was fine back in camp.

Might just poke at the game more casually until a patch arrives.

My 75 day save says I have played for 14 hours.

carlsojo

Shinra Employee
Oct 28, 2017
San Francisco
Hopefully this gets the Stardew Valley treatment (for lack of a better comparison) where you can have different styles of bases to start/work in.

Zutrax

"This guy are sick"
Oct 31, 2017
I'm in the same boat as you when it comes to tarot cards. There must be some secrets yet undiscovered as I also stumbled across needing snail shells after I finished the game as well.

In regards to the eyes:

You have to beat each dungeon one more time after the Bishop is dead to face a new Witness XXX boss - the eyes drop from their chests.

All I have left to go is all fleeces, all tarot cards, sacrifice more followers and all follower appearances.

Also the 4 secret trophies which I looked up - kill all Bishops taking no damage.

I have been seeing way more bugs the longer I have played. Just had a run halted because my screen went black apart from the UI - I could still move around but any visual element left a trailing graphical glitch. Had to bail from the run and it was fine back in camp.

Might just poke at the game more casually until a patch arrives.

My 75 day save says I have played for 14 hours.
Thanks for the info on the eyes.

Yeah I really hope we get some info on the Tarot cards. Regarding the snail shells though, which I think unlock a follower appearance, those seem to be bugged based on a dev response on the steam forums. The snails randomly appear in the first two dungeons, but their appearance is very rare right now and the drop rate is also very rare, so the chance of receiving the shells is absurdly RNG and seems unintentional based on the dev reply.

Kadzork

Has got mad skills!!
Oct 27, 2017
Thanks for the info on the eyes.

Yeah I really hope we get some info on the Tarot cards. Regarding the snail shells though, which I think unlock a follower appearance, those seem to be bugged based on a dev response on the steam forums. The snails randomly appear in the first two dungeons, but their appearance is very rare right now and the drop rate is also very rare, so the chance of receiving the shells is absurdly RNG and seems unintentional based on the dev reply.

I think so too - you can see a snail head behind one of the lock symbols.

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Still loving the game about 7 hours in, but I do wish the day/night cycle lasted a bit longer and the cult didn't half fall apart even after a single sub 10 min combat run. The general loop of combat -> maintaining your cult -> fishing/knucklebones/etc is fun but I think they don't give you quite enough time to get a good build going before you have to go back and make sure your cult isn't falling apart at the seams. I think they could tweak some things and not make it so detrimental to be away from your cult after such a short amount of time. I know the further you get in you get more buildings / rituals that help sustain things more but I'd just like to be able to do a nice long combat run without being heavily penalized for it.

Oct 27, 2017
Still loving the game about 7 hours in, but I do wish the day/night cycle lasted a bit longer and the cult didn't half fall apart even after a single sub 10 min combat run. The general loop of combat -> maintaining your cult -> fishing/knucklebones/etc is fun but I think they don't give you quite enough time to get a good build going before you have to go back and make sure your cult isn't falling apart at the seams. I think they could tweak some things and not make it so detrimental to be away from your cult after such a short amount of time. I know the further you get in you get more buildings / rituals that help sustain things more but I'd just like to be able to do a nice long combat run without being heavily penalized for it.
Yeah this is where I'm at too. Looking at the GB quick look they suggested the split for cult management and combat was about 60/40 and that felt pretty accurate when you only have a handful of followers.

Once your at 10+ Followers that split feels more like 80/20. I'm not having a bad time managing my cult but like you pointed out, it doesn't feel like I can be away from it very long.

ElephantShell

Oct 25, 2017
Played for a couple hours today. Neat game but does the combat get harder? I beat the first main boss on normal and haven't died at all yet. Not sure if I should up the difficulty or if it just gets naturally harder in later areas.

Everyday Math

Oct 25, 2017
The amount of bugs in the switch version is killing this game for me. Rituals sometimes don't complete. The characters just freeze in place and you have to restart the game to get it going again. But it still takes your materials from the ritual, but none of the benefits.

Lots of lag(?). My character just teleports sometimes.

There's a few other smaller glitches that iv encountered. But the ritual one is by far the worst.

There's a gem somewhere in this game, but there's a lot of polish that needs to be done.

Chance

Nov 22, 2017
I keep getting requests from followers that can't be completed. Like
"sacrifice me" or "marry me "
So I go to the temple and bring up sacrifice etc, and the one who requested it is never available. I've tried assigning them to prayer, but that doesn't get them into the temple for rituals.

...am I missing something? This is frustrating as heck. You have to accept the request or lose a ton of faith, and if you don't complete it, whoop, lose a ton of faith.

Also

View: https://twitter.com/_miyann/status/1558453320699637761?t=moquJn4_fVBYrEDzjGsckw&s=19

ara

Oct 26, 2017
Great, the game decided to soft lock after a dungeon run where I beat the second main boss. It displayed the items I found during the run and then... nothing. Just stuck there. Rebooted and it's like I never even began said dungeon run.

Karlinel

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Nov 10, 2017
Mallorca, Spain
I find that it tends to lock whenever you are in different screens. Got 2 locks while performing rituals and FOUR when completing quests. Very annoying!

DapperGoop

Jan 14, 2018
Nearing the end on ps5 and man the bugs in this really suck. Soft locks in rituals and dungeons, enemies disappearing, floor tiles glitching, dead cult member's corpse's disappearing, along with general stuttering during transitions. The game is fun when it wants to work but I don't know how they decided to release it in this state.

TeacherDenz

Jul 7, 2020
Nearing the end on ps5 and man the bugs in this really suck. Soft locks in rituals and dungeons, enemies disappearing, floor tiles glitching, dead cult member's corpse's disappearing, along with general stuttering during transitions. The game is fun when it wants to work but I don't know how they decided to release it in this state.

Same experience here I wonder if people on Xbox or Pc got the same issues. I'm waiting for a patch now instead of finishing the game.

Maxime

Oct 27, 2017
I may have a breaking bug making all my adepts* do... nothing? Like they are all stuck in place and I cannot interact with them? 😬 I went to another place, went back and they started functioning again... until the next day. I entered a dungeon so I hope when I get back everything will sort itself out.

* : Except that one dude I put in jail, who is the only one I can talk to :'D

sosainas

Sep 13, 2018
Whenever I choose the sacrifice ritual, nothing happens on screen and I have to force the exit of the game, even if I try to go back after choosing it.

Pacifaxe

"This guy are sick"
Oct 28, 2017
West Sacramento
Bugs are hurting this game so much for me. It really speaks to how good it is that I want to keep playing after losing progress... But it's getting harder to be ok with this.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
I keep reading about bugs in this thread but having played 10 hours of the ps5 version I've hit 0 problems, no bugs, no crashes. Which versions are people having so many issues with?

I see some say they're on ps5 and have issues, others on Switch.

Maximo

Oct 25, 2017
Might come back to the game in a couple of weeks/months needs some more work done to iron out some kinks.

Skot

Oct 30, 2017
Rolled credits after ~9.5 hours on Deck. Had similar issues such as stuttering, floor tiles disappearing etc but overall a fun experience.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
I'm having soft locks on PS5.
So like a screen won't progress? You have to close out the game or what?

I just recommended this game to an entire group of friends but it's gonna suck if they all hit these glitches everyone in the thread seems to have.

Last edited:

ara

Oct 26, 2017
I feel like the penalties on pretty much all of the fleeces are a bit much aside from maybe the one that turns red hearts into blue ones, but I'm not sure what the heart cap is so that one might suck too. Not feeling very compelled to use any of them aside from maybe the one that gives you 4 tarot cards at the start of a run, if I know I'm doing a short run (i.e. wouldn't get any more than 3-4 tarot cards on the run anyway).

Kinda wishing they just straight up didn't have any penalties. Would really like for the dungeon run part of the game to sort of start escalating the same way something like Isaac (in a single run) and Hades (in the longer run-over-run way) escalate. The dungeon stuff is feeling pretty samey and repetitive now, I'm slowly getting stronger when it comes to pure numbers, but so are the enemies, and there haven't really been any interesting mechanical changes.

Last edited:
Tarot card guide

Kadzork

Has got mad skills!!
Oct 27, 2017
Zutrax found this guide for the Tarot cards:

halfglassgaming.com

Cult of the Lamb Full Deck Guide – How to Unlock Every Tarot Card in the Game

Here's a guide to unlocking all 36 Tarot Cards in Cult of the Lamb. 15 are unlocked by default, but the remaining 21 need to be unlocked by progressing through the game.

From what I can see the 3rd card is bought from the heart stops on the map and the last card appears to be meeting the spider who sells you followers in dungeons enough times.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
So I finished it. Did pretty much everything; I'm just missing some follower forms but since at least one is tied to something that's bugged I'll wait for an update before I think about getting those.

Might post more focused thoughts when it's not extremely late at night, but... while I think it's a good game, all the systems extremely fall apart at the end. The feeling that things are polished is very front-loaded. A lot of things in both the combat and the cult-management give off this vibe of like... you can tell that they meant for it to be more fleshed out, but they had to reign in the scope?

The fact that there's no way to change doctrines later, for example, along with how you have to restart if everyone in your cult dies (which I've heard some people are getting bugged into having happen and immediately losing their saves, oof) suggests that they were intending it to be more of a campaign-focused game where you'd want to replay to try a different approach to managing the cult? But there's really no reason to replay, since you can salvage pretty much any problem without much effort. And being locked into the doctrine choices ends up being very funny because of how some things end up being totally inconsequential. For example, one doctrine choice is:
  • Less faith loss if you put a non-dissenting follower in prison, or
  • +10 faith every morning that no one is in prison
...except there's extremely little reason to do the former (it's just if someone suggests it for a quest... and you can immediately take them out anyway). But if you think there's a reason for it being offered, you might take that, thinking based on what you've seen early on that using the prison is going to be a regular occurrence anyway. But... no, it's not, dissent ends up being very rare most of the time. And in fact even when it happens you don't need to use prisons, because there's food that will fix it. So I just permanently got +10 faith every day.

It's even down to stuff like how little the individual cultists traits matter. It's not like you can really even treat them differently based on their negative traits, so everyone's going to be doing the same work anyway. The only thing that really ended up mattering was what demon they can turn into. By the end of the game I had everything unlocked and so was almost entirely ignoring everything about the cult management beyond using some rituals + making a ton of food when needed. At most I was boosting loyalty of the followers that could become the demons I needed. Especially as them getting older meant I would need to cycle new ones in. Except... one of them actually ended up never becoming too old despite being, like, 96? I think being in demon form made it so they didn't become an elder? I don't know.

Meanwhile the combat is fine, but I maintain that several weapon types just feel bad to use and enemies aren't designed around them, and you have no control over what you get. A lot of the weapon upgrades also just make me annoyed when I see them; poison sucks when a tarot can also make you do poison damage (and also poison barely does anything for a lot of enemies anyway), "ghosts on kills sometimes" barely helps, etc. And later on it's even worse because you could have gotten the types that just outright do more damage, which can make bosses much easier. The curses ended up being better than I initially thought (pro tip: try holding the button even though it only points out that you can do it on specific ones for some reason), but you can still be stuck with something that's terrible for the enemies/boss you're fighting. Your ability to actually use them regularly is entirely dependent on being lucky with tarot cards too. On that note, cards range wildly from being completely worthless to being extremely powerful, but not in a way that really feels intentional in either direction? And the amount you can get per ran can vary significantly (I've had runs of the fourth dungeon where I had 3 at the end, and I've had runs where I had 9). All of this stuff should just add up to mean that you're using different playstyles on different runs; instead it feels like you sometimes you just have a shitty loadout and that's that.

Bug-wise, on PC I thankfully didn't have a ton. I had a few times where I was talking to a new follower and the menu to name them never appeared, but I could still save + quit so it was fine. I also had a couple times (in different ways) where I wasn't able to finish a room and had to quit the dungeon due to enemies not spawning correctly, which was mostly annoying because it happened when I was trying to do the last few dungeon runs I needed to finish the game and that + some horrible rng on weapons/curses really dragged out the end. There were a few other weird visual things or times when something seemed to get messed up at the cult, but restarting (due to the follower menu bug) always fixed it.

I feel like the penalties on pretty much all of the fleeces are a bit much aside from maybe the one that turns red hearts into blue ones, but I'm not sure what the heart cap is so that one might suck too. Not feeling very compelled to use any of them aside from maybe the one that gives you 4 tarot cards at the start of a run, if I know I'm doing a short run (i.e. wouldn't get any more than 3-4 tarot cards on the run anyway).

Kinda wishing they just straight up didn't have any penalties. Would really like for the dungeon run part of the game to sort of start escalating the same way something like Isaac (in a single run) and Hades (in the longer run-over-run way) escalate. The dungeon stuff is feeling pretty samey and repetitive now, I'm slowly getting stronger when it comes to pure numbers, but so are the enemies, and there haven't really been any interesting mechanical changes.

So in my experience the tarot one was actually pretty bad. Because it felt like it just replaced all the tarot rooms with combat rooms, which just meant more chances to get hurt and the initial cards might not even be good. Meanwhile the penalties on the others weren't as bad as I expected in practice, though granted I was very far/at the end of upgrading weapons/curses when I tried them.

You mostly just need to account for the penalties by summoning demons. I was using the glass cannon one for a long time, and having fervor + extra hearts demons made it mostly fine. The issue is that if you're not lucky with tarots you may still have to rely on weapons a good amount of the time; the weapon damage cut wasn't as bad as I expected but it's annoying to have to hope for good rng to have good fervor generation (and sometimes I got screwed over on hearts thanks to an effect in the dungeon too). And unfortunately I got the golden fleece last (I have no idea why I got the heart one when I got my third unlock; I had 0 intent to use it and was considering using golden) so I didn't have much time to try it out, but it's actually very very strong. You get 10% more damage for every kill without being hit, which adds up fast.

ara

Oct 26, 2017
And unfortunately I got the golden fleece last (I have no idea why I got the heart one when I got my third unlock; I had 0 intent to use it and was considering using golden) so I didn't have much time to try it out, but it's actually very very strong. You get 10% more damage for every kill without being hit, which adds up fast.

Oh, that does sound pretty good, maybe I'll give it a try if I ever actually unlock another fleece.

edit: okay, I guess my followers decided to stop watering half the crops for no apparent reason now. Thankfully I'm close to the end now, I want to finish the game but it's definitely one of those that starts out great and then it just kind of immediately stagnates. Like deepFlaw said above me, a lot of the game just seems inconsequential. I really wish the cult management side was more involved and considerably more difficult, cause it's definitely my favorite part of the game.

Last edited:

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
Oh, that does sound pretty good, maybe I'll give it a try if I ever actually unlock another fleece.

edit: okay, I guess my followers decided to stop watering half the crops for no apparent reason now. Thankfully I'm close to the end now, I want to finish the game but it's definitely one of those that starts out great and then it just kind of immediately stagnates. Like deepFlaw said above me, a lot of the game just seems inconsequential. I really wish the cult management side was more involved and considerably more difficult, cause it's definitely my favorite part of the game.

The thing that ended up annoying me about the crops specifically is that the building for watering + harvesting has this big diamond around it for the plots it'll handle. But it actually can't support that amount of plots due to the amount of time it takes to do everything for them. Because despite saying that "followers" can farm with it, it's actually a single follower per station at a time and one follower can't keep up with that many. There were crops not being dealt with so I told more followers to farm only for nothing to really get done still, and I eventually realized it was just interrupting the current follower and swapping the new one in each time I did that. So I ended up having to make 2 more stations each covering 1/3 of the initial diamond I made so that hopefully the full thing would be covered across the 3 stations. It's really awkward.

Ahti

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 6, 2017
Make sure to save your progress regulary!
I don`t know if this was posted here before, but there seems to be a major bug which can cause all your deciples to disappear. This just happened to me (on PC) after I declined resurrection. I warped back to the camp and all chars were gone, I was back to 1 (the one I rescued in the most recent run).

Last edited:

ara

Oct 26, 2017
The thing that ended up annoying me about the crops specifically is that the building for watering + harvesting has this big diamond around it for the plots it'll handle. But it actually can't support that amount of plots due to the amount of time it takes to do everything for them. Because despite saying that "followers" can farm with it, it's actually a single follower per station at a time and one follower can't keep up with that many. There were crops not being dealt with so I told more followers to farm only for nothing to really get done still, and I eventually realized it was just interrupting the current follower and swapping the new one in each time I did that. So I ended up having to make 2 more stations each covering 1/3 of the initial diamond I made so that hopefully the full thing would be covered across the 3 stations. It's really awkward.

Ah, fuck, I think that's why it felt like farming somehow slowed down when I kept telling more followers to tend to the crops. Didn't realize it was one follower per farm. I guess the game got confused when I kept doing that and never assigned a follower for the other farm, which is why half of my crops got stuck at the watering phase.

Anyway, finished the game (took me 49 in-game days, maybe 10-ish gameplay hours) and overall feeling is that it was.. okay. Definitely the most fun during the first couple of hours, and the presentation and whole premise were easily the best parts of it. Like I said in the earlier post, I really wish the cult management side of things was a lot more involved and challenging. It was easily my favorite part of the game since I didn't really enjoy the combat or the side activities (aside from the fishing minigame, to my shock since I almost always hate fishing minigames lol), but after a few initial hurdles (mainly trying to kept everyone fed) it was just braindead easy. Didn't feel like I had to actually really engage with it in any way. There were a few times where the cult's faith in me had dropped super low due to some combination of bad luck and bad side quests, but all it took was a chat with a few of them and suddenly it was back to green faith.

Also, yeah, a lot of fairly major bugs in there, kinda surprised. It soft locked in various ways and forced me to restart the whole game like 5 times, which is pretty frequent for a short game like this.

Gonna say 2 or 2.5 out of 5 for me.

Oct 28, 2017
Finished it after 16 hours. 90 days in game time.

Unexpectedly I actually enjoyed the colony building more than the roguelike, which in the end felt quite lightweight. Not enough variety in weapons or tarot cards to make each run feel truly unique like a good roguelike should.

It was a fun time, but it's really a one-time thing and not going to keep me coming back like the greats (Isaac, Gungeon etc.).

Also as I mentioned before and others have, really quite buggy. Quests flipping out, villagers disappearing, 10 trees growing in the same spot right at the entrance.

Kadzork

Has got mad skills!!
Oct 27, 2017
Make sure to save your progress regulary!
I don`t know if this was posted here before, but there seems to be a major bug which can cause all your deciples to disappear. This just happened to me after I declined resurrection. I warped back to the camp and all chars were gone, I was back to 1 (the one I rescued in the most recent run).

Saw this one reported a few times and it has scared me enough to shelve this until an update or two.

I don't have a lot left for the plat and I know how to finish all of them.

benzopil

Oct 25, 2017
Not sure what's happening with the requests.

When someone asks me to kill them but I actually need to kill another person, ok, I'm getting used to it.

But now someone asked me to set up a fight between… the same guy. X vs X. But that's impossible, of course.

Ahti

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 6, 2017
Finished the game; took me ~25 hours on extra hard. I didn`t rush and there`s still some side stuff to do. I think it`s a brilliant game with highly addictive gameplay loop(s) based on a smart concept. Felt fresh, unique and always engaging. It`s a very strong GOTY candidate for me. Going back to conventional Management Sims and Dungeon Crawlers or Rogue-lites is gonna be hard.
The PC version needed more time in the oven though. At least on my rig, performance wasn`t great, there was too much stuttering (even few-seconds-freezes in late game) and one or two annoying bugs.

One aspect I want to point out, is the difficulty. I find the game too easy, even on the highest setting, but the developers did something, I wish we`d see more often: they designed encounters (especially boss battles) in a way, that you`re always learning for the next fight. In Rogue-lites, Souls-likes, let`s say: challenging action games in general, you usually fight your way to the boss and then you are confronted with new, special attack patterns. In Cult of the Lamb, mid-bosses and even some standard enemies feature attacks that are similar to their respective dungeon boss (albeit being more basic). This way you always feel slightly prepared when facing bosses, which makes the pacing far less frustrating and boss fights more fun.

Not sure what's happening with the requests.

When someone asks me to kill them but I actually need to kill another person, ok, I'm getting used to it.

But now someone asked me to set up a fight between… the same guy. X vs X. But that's impossible, of course.
Chances are high that you gathered several disciples with the same name. This happened to me once; X wanted me to imprison them (that`s what I was thinking at least), so I did, but this didn`t progress the quest, so I checked my disciples, and found another X.

Last edited:

carlsojo

Shinra Employee
Oct 28, 2017
San Francisco
Making my two old folks fight to the death...

Letting the winner kill the loser...

And then sacrificing the winner.

Looks like meat's back on the menu boys.

Zutrax

"This guy are sick"
Oct 31, 2017
Zutrax found this guide for the Tarot cards:

halfglassgaming.com

Cult of the Lamb Full Deck Guide – How to Unlock Every Tarot Card in the Game

Here's a guide to unlocking all 36 Tarot Cards in Cult of the Lamb. 15 are unlocked by default, but the remaining 21 need to be unlocked by progressing through the game.

From what I can see the 3rd card is bought from the heart stops on the map and the last card appears to be meeting the spider who sells you followers in dungeons enough times.
Thank you this is very helpful! I guess now my other question is, can you even still meet Rattoo in the dungeons if you finish the wolf quest line...?