• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Gwynn

Mar 2, 2019
Great game but buggy as hell. I got stuck and was unable to leave camp due to a persistent black fog. I had already done a Ritual but it was before i got the quest so I had to wait like 3 days and lose two followers as I waited for the cool-down on the Ritual.

I was able to proceed but now when I do the other Ritual, the characters are just stuck there and nothing happens.

I really can't recommend the game in this state... I'm on PS5

Just had this on Switch, waiting for the cooldown sucked but luckily it's all good now.

Hoping for a patch soon.

Oct 27, 2017
The game is great but there's so many things that feel like they need some tuning. The things that have been bugging me the most:

Weapons need to be rebalanced. I'm fine with the combat being simplistic but Anything that's not an axe feels bad and there's only like two curses that I like and find useful.

Fervor takes too long to accumulate especially since a lot of the curses aren't that good anyway

For a game with this many systems and progression, it's weird that loyalty becomes virtually useless once you max out your crown upgrades.

I don't find much incentives to use any of the rituals outside of a quick bump to restore some faith. Aside from using sacrifice a few times to get rid of some followers who were about to die, I don't think I've done a ritual that wasn't tied to a quest.

There should be a way to public shame or make an example out of dissenters to essentially scare other followers from wanting to dissent. Additionally, why does re-education in a prison take 4 days? It should be 3 at the most.

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Played through the whole game on PC the past few days and reading this thread now I'm stunned how many had issues with bugs. I had like zero my entire 12-ish hours with the game. Knock on wood I guess. lol

Anyways, definitely one of my favorite games this year. A really good blend of two popular genres.

carlsojo

Shinra Employee
Oct 28, 2017
San Francisco
Played through the whole game on PC the past few days and reading this thread now I'm stunned how many had issues with bugs. I had like zero my entire 12-ish hours with the game. Knock on wood I guess. lol

Anyways, definitely one of my favorite games this year. A really good blend of two popular genres.

Yeah same I'm on PS4 and only had a couple of relatively minor bugs.

1) only six followers at a time will come into my church. I actually thought this was by design at first 😅

2) in the fourth zone I've had a couple of enemies bug out. One guy leapt out of bounds and wouldn't come back. Another guy cast invincibility on another guy.. and teleported away.. but wouldn't come back. Leaving the invincible guy permanently invincible. More funny than anything and I just reset the run.

There's such a solid framework here. I can't wait to see what the roadmap is.

Sagroth

Oct 28, 2017
Beat the game last night. Overall quite happy with it, though the bugginess seemed to get worse as the game progressed. Will be happy to return to it down the line when bugs get fixed and more content comes its way.

Tophat Jones

Alt Account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
How have they still not fixed this black fog thing? I want to get addicted to this game but can't even play it.

On me for jumping in at launch I guess. I'll try again later.

Kadzork

Has got mad skills!!
Oct 27, 2017
The PS5 version is definitely different to the PC version at least.

Seeing screenshots/videos on PC of the Golden Fleece being used and the damage increase tracker is percentile but it is a big fat +0.1, +0.2, etc on PS5.

ara

Oct 26, 2017
That said, they do have a roadmap tab on the main menu that says they're planning to add more content to the game later on and the foundation is there for them to add a lot more depth to the combat loop if they wanted to, so maybe keep an eye on the game post-launch if it still interests you.

Ah, I totally missed this, that's cool. I'm hoping they'll continue working on it for a long time, I think the premise has a lot of potential even if I was ultimately a bit disappointed in the product we got. I think it sold pretty well, at least? So I would imagine they might be inclined to continue development for quite a while.

Sangral

Powered by Friendship™
Feb 17, 2022
How have they still not fixed this black fog thing? I want to get addicted to this game but can't even play it.

On me for jumping in at launch I guess. I'll try again later.

This game so many, serious problems and bugs, like the whole framepacing microfreeze problems that affects literally all Steam Deck user and thousands of PC players and the devs haven't even mentioned that they acknowledged any of them.
Kinda feels like the devs took the money and ran, lol, it's that silent.

And it annoys me so hard.

Mudo

Oct 25, 2017
Tennessee
Can you lose all of your cult members and get a game over?

That's the direction things seem to be headed, but I'm not sure if the game will allow a total game over like that or not? If so, that's gonna suck hard

Jogi

Prophet of Regret
Jul 4, 2018
Really liking the game, but it definitely has some flaws as you all have mentioned. Is there a way to easily see a roster of all followers? Would be nice to see that all on one screen to see their strengths, weaknesses current status, etc.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
Can you lose all of your cult members and get a game over?

That's the direction things seem to be headed, but I'm not sure if the game will allow a total game over like that or not? If so, that's gonna suck hard

Yes, it will apparently give you a game over if that happens. If you think you're at risk of that you might want to do some quick runs of area 1 focusing on the dungeon nodes that will give you new followers.

Really liking the game, but it definitely has some flaws as you all have mentioned. Is there a way to easily see a roster of all followers? Would be nice to see that all on one screen to see their strengths, weaknesses current status, etc.

Inventory menu's cult tab has a way to let you look at the roster. I don't think you can see the traits there, but they're really not worth caring about to begin with.

This game so many, serious problems and bugs, like the whole framepacing microfreeze problems that affects literally all Steam Deck user and thousands of PC players and the devs haven't even mentioned that they acknowledged any of them.

"Took the money and ran" feels a little ridiculous when it's not only been less than a week since it came out, it's also the weekend? A quick glance at the Steam forum also seems to show them actively commenting on tech issues, anyway.

tinthoh

Jan 13, 2018
"Took the money and ran" feels a little ridiculous when it's not only been less than a week since it came out, it's also the weekend? A quick glance at the Steam forum also seems to show them actively commenting on tech issues, anyway.
And we even got a patch today:
Version 1.0.5
A huge thank you for playing. We are listening to all the feedback and working hard to fix the issues. In this patch we have:
  • Fixed snails not dropping shells
  • Fixed follower quests instantly failing and referencing incorrect followers
  • Twitch integration optimisations
  • Fix to Spider's Nest in Silk's Cradle not dropping when they should
  • Fixed summoner enemies spawning invisible impossible to kill enemies
  • Fixed issues that caused paths to come back after being deleted/replaced
Steam-Link

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
The way my mouth fell open when I had about 60 gold average and then did the money ritual and got 700 gold. It's kinda busted, especially when cooldowns are reduced, but feels so good lol. I just wonder where my followers get it. Seems they're the 1% so I'm kinda like a modern day Robin Hood. The world obviously needs a benevolent cult leader like me.

Using brainwashing to lock in 100% Faith and then doing all the negative rituals for devotion, hunger, money etc. is prime cult abuse.

Sangral

Powered by Friendship™
Feb 17, 2022

Issues like that need to get addressed ASAP, literally hundreds of thousands of people have this massive issue on whole platforms like PC/Deck, at least they can tweet out a statement that they are aware of certain issues, like also the mission bugs and soft locks that a lot of people have.

I haven't seen them in the Tech forum answering to the Deck issues yet.

Lepi

Mar 24, 2020

This came out on Friday and it's Monday. Relax a bit, they'll do a patch.

Kadzork

Has got mad skills!!
Oct 27, 2017
If that snail patch comes to PS5 this week I will be able to polish off the platinum.

Overall it still sits as my GOTY so far but boy the bugs have really stood out considering how flawless 90% of the experience has been.

MechaMarmaset

Nov 20, 2017
Oh my second day of playing this I mistook the deadly soup for the berry dish and accidentally killed 8 of my cult members.

ara

Oct 26, 2017
I gotta ask, you lot got any recs for a fun recent-ish management game that's similar to the cult management in this, where you have a group of unique characters that you try to keep happy by building facilities and so on and so on? Like I said earlier, I really enjoyed that part of Lamb, and I realize I haven't really played games like that in a long time.

Sign

Oct 31, 2017
I gotta ask, you lot got any recs for a fun recent-ish management game that's similar to the cult management in this, where you have a group of unique characters that you try to keep happy by building facilities and so on and so on? Like I said earlier, I really enjoyed that part of Lamb, and I realize I haven't really played games like that in a long time.

From the bit I played so far, I got very big Don't Starve and Oxygen Not Included vibes, I would start there.

Boppa

Apr 4, 2020
This game is great! Not very far in but it seems super casual and just what I needed. Can you actually permanently die or game over in this?

Apr 11, 2020

It's pretty much a team of three people, they had their launch party on Friday night, and they've spent all weekend doing press commitments, amongst other things that would be required. They'll get to it, but they also deserve to have a break after years of working on this. On one side of era we've got peeps blowing up about devs, animators, and visual effects artists not having a healthy work-life balance, and on the other we've got people demanding instant gratification, pushing this nonsense into overtime... SMDH.

ara

Oct 26, 2017
From the bit I played so far, I got very big Don't Starve and Oxygen Not Included vibes, I would start there.

Oh wow, I can't believe I forgot about Oxygen Not Included, I actually got it when it came out but wasn't in the mood for a management sim back then and just kind of forgot about it. Thanks for reminding me, reinstalling it right now!

Thera

Banned
Feb 28, 2019
France
Issues like that need to get addressed ASAP, literally hundreds of thousands of people have this massive issue on whole platforms like PC/Deck, at least they can tweet out a statement that they are aware of certain issues, like also the mission bugs and soft locks that a lot of people have.

I haven't seen them in the Tech forum answering to the Deck issues yet.
Calm down. They own you nothing.
Also, don't buy games at launch. Especially indies that release on so many platforms and didn't have early access.

deadfolk

Oct 25, 2017
Rimworld is the closest thing I can think of.

El-Suave

Oct 27, 2017
I pretty much need to build a compost bin but I can't figure out one of the materials. Gold bars and processed wood are clear, but what is the third material?

Sagroth

Oct 28, 2017
I pretty much need to build a compost bin but I can't figure out one of the materials. Gold bars and processed wood are clear, but what is the third material?

Don't have it in front of me right now, but IIRC it's either spider silk (gotten from the 4th dungeon, aka the one on the far right), or crystal shards (gotten from the 3rd dungeon, far left).

If it looks like a ball of yarn, it's the spider silk. Otherwise, it's the crystal shards.

Sangral