• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

HayaoYamaneko

Feb 15, 2018
Not cashing out when I was 5x my investment from November will always haunt me. It wasn't a crazy amount, but it was enough that I could've taken a little bit of time off to pursue some passion projects.

Now I'm tethering/trading like a soldier in the trenches trying to maintain my 20% gains.

Part of me thinks 6k is the bottom - that too much is invested/too many companies and too much infrastructure has sprung up around crypto for BTC to go below.

Another part of me thinks everything is ridiculously overvalued and we're going to see 1K BTC.

I cashed out 60% of my portfolio the other day and now I'm feeling stupid for not cashing it all out given that I "knew" this was coming. So now that it's getting lower I wonder if I should cash out the rest or if we're close to the end... pulling the trigger is the hardest part.

vehn

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Btc always rebounds and does a big bull run. Always has, pretty much always will. If ya'll don;t buy in at some bottom, you'll regret it one day when we cross one trillion market cap

fourfourfun

Oct 27, 2017
England
Well everything of mine is going back to November levels. I put nothing in, so I'm not in a panic or anything.

Currently have ~430 Steem, ~627 Musicoin and I have 500 Emanate when that goes live on EOS.

I've got 20 Steem Dollar or so coming in a few days, I may even grab some ETH so I can actually have a vaguely major coin.

Sirpopopop

_ _ _ w _ _ _
Oct 23, 2017
There is the potential for things to get lower. Need that double bottom to hit before we can shoot back up. If BTC gets close to $3k, I'll put fiat in. Otherwise, I'm waiting.

Donos

Nov 15, 2017
Let some shitcoins die (TNT / TIerion is almost -40% while the rest is rather -15 to 20 %) but the good one are going to swim above.

Devs can now focus on progressing their projects instead all the moon/price talk :). Lot of coins/tokens had big milestones in their 2018 roadmaps...

Sloane

Oct 25, 2017
Another part of me thinks everything is ridiculously overvalued and we're going to see 1K BTC.
Yeah, I don't know why BTC should be worth 6-7k right now. I think we will see a few interesting movements within in the top 20 over the next two weeks or so; I expect a couple of coins to make decent gains while the others keep falling.

Hard to tell where the overall bottom is but I think October's market cap (around 130-150 billion) might be a good indicator, so maybe another 30-50% from here.

x3sphere

Oct 27, 2017
Bought some ETH at 456 earlier... Unsure if this is the bottom, but the volume has risen to a point where I feel more comfortable buying.

Ether_Snake

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Not cashing out when I was 5x my investment from November will always haunt me. It wasn't a crazy amount, but it was enough that I could've taken a little bit of time off to pursue some passion projects.

Now I'm tethering/trading like a soldier in the trenches trying to maintain my 20% gains.

Part of me thinks 6k is the bottom - that too much is invested/too many companies and too much infrastructure has sprung up around crypto for BTC to go below.

I cashed out 60% of my portfolio the other day and now I'm feeling stupid for not cashing it all out given that I "knew" this was coming. So now that it's getting lower I wonder if I should cash out the rest or if we're close to the end... pulling the trigger is the hardest part.

You "knew" it was coming, but you didn't know it was coming. Or: you knew nothing, like everyone else. No one does.

Donos

Nov 15, 2017
Oh shit. Korea news ignited the turbo. Rise from the grave. Let's see for how long.

Last edited:

TerminusFox

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm still not convinced this crash is all *that* concerning. Everything about Crypto is pretty much long-term. I'm thinking 2 years, 4 years, 8 years ahead.

Donos

Nov 15, 2017
Read that too (that's why i said to read the comments). The g20 news are also around since yesterday and there was no immediate reaction to it. Who knows.

Oct 25, 2017
the ocean
Thought there would be a greater run-up in the price of VEN today due to the X Node deadline at 9 PST. But its just staying at around $3.66 more or less today.

Wonder if there will be a sell-off of VEN after the deadline...

ironichaos

Oct 31, 2017
More shitcoins available for withdrawal on CoinsMarket.
  • Lemanum
  • GoaCoin
  • Nanucoin
  • MoneyBag
  • OCOW
  • Xylo
  • CRDS
  • Onex
Still no COLX.

benzy

Oct 25, 2017
US peeps, how are you doing your taxes on Crypto? Just net gain vs. net loss? I have no idea how to account for all the coins I traded in each and every transaction.

Instead of claiming your losses for 2017 I read you can roll over your losses to deduct from whatever gains you may have this year. Is this true?

Last edited:

MetalicSand

Oct 25, 2017
US peeps, how are you doing your taxes on Crypto? Just net gain vs. net loss? I have no idea how to account for all the coins I traded in each and every transaction.

Instead of claiming your losses for 2017 I read you can roll over your losses to deduct from whatever gains you may have this year. Is this true?

I'm only doing it when i cash out. But yeah net gain vs net loss is what ill do. Good luck having them ever track the transactions everywhere.

Jessie

Oct 27, 2017
At this point I'm ready to buy back in at rock bottom and HODL in a very literal sense. Like 5 to 10 years, without even thinking about it or checking the price.

I'm just not sure what rock bottom will be. Have we already hit it? Are we at the lowest it'll ever go? Who knows?

Chris McQueen

Self-requested ban
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
London
At this point I'm ready to buy back in at rock bottom and HODL in a very literal sense. Like 5 to 10 years, without even thinking about it or checking the price.

I'm just not sure what rock bottom will be. Have we already hit it? Are we at the lowest it'll ever go? Who knows?
This is exactly what I'm looking to do, HODL and don't look forever.

Cipherr

Oct 26, 2017
M3ns5VY1jUpNMQ-5BsvkI7n-ZcnxmLIIRpMHltCSBME.jpg

Saw this on reddit. Last year the bear market ended on this date and it was just recovery from there. News seems to be aligning to have things pick up from here too. Sucks a bit. I would really like another month to buy before things start to move. Maybe we will get one more bull trap, but we are closing in on almost 3 months of negative movement, I feel like that trend has to give it up at some point.

ironichaos

Oct 31, 2017
This is exactly what I'm looking to do, HODL and don't look forever.

With so many coins swaps, forks, etc...crypto really isn't the best place to hold and forget. You should definitely keep an eye on it since things can change so quickly. You don't want to come back a year later and find during that timeframe your coin was mandatory swapped and abandoned.

Donos

Nov 15, 2017
Don't see it posted. Update on shiddi coin COLX Cryptopia listing:

Cryptopia Listing Update: "Hello, I apologise about the delay getting your coin listed. COLX will be listed over the next few days, please keep an eye out on our twitter for the announcement"
https://twitter.com/ColossusCoinXT/status/975683737227874305

Half the comments are about coinsmarkets :)

And Vechain finished their X Node lockup. Congrats if you are in (at least 6000 VEN).

Chumley

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I just sold all of my BTC. Holding ETH at the moment.

Oct 26, 2017
Last edited:

Moist_Owlet

Banned
Dec 26, 2017
Trying to look up logistics for selling BTC. Certainly Wells Fargo will flag a sudden influx of 20k USD into my account correct?

Haz

You have seen.
Oct 25, 2017
Woop woop lets go ride the USDT train to 50k, don't let me down you greedy bastards.

Donos

Nov 15, 2017
Oh, lord. Someone give me some crap I can dump my BTC into quick! Lol. I bought more XRP.

I haven't even looked anymore. Can I still not get my coins off of CM?
COLX? Nah, still locked. But every 2-3 weeks there is another bunch of shitcoins which get unlocked so it can only mean like a couple of months/years till it's COLX turn :). Would laugh if it gets a huge spike because of Cryptopia and people can't sell.

What's going on with PIRL.

Last edited:

GestaltGaz

Oct 28, 2017
It's time for REQ. Mainnet is only days away and another partnership announcement. The patient holding will pay off I tell you.

Spuck-

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
I guess the question as always will be if its credited with this rise. Market has been going up for a day before this popped up/printed. Starting after the G20 stuff. Or is there a time delay on the tether printing versus when it comes to light?

Pumping 300 million into a notoriously easy to influence market will have an effect, yes.

saladine1

Oct 27, 2017
If I bought a coin, say 0.005000 in Ether and price was 1.00 in fiat but now it's worth 0.007000 in Ether but is worth 80c in fiat and I sell, am i losing or profiting?
Yeah, I'm a confused son of a gun...

Oct 25, 2017
Anything over 10k will pretty much always get flagged. As long as you declare your earnings come tax time, it's fine though.

The $10k only refers to physical currency coming in or out of your account and even then isn't reported to the IRS. Large ACH transactions would be scrutinized for fraud purposes but every institution will set their thresholds at different dollar amounts.