• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Brandson

Oct 26, 2017
I haven't been posting as much because I am just making short term profitable trades when I see them, and am otherwise waiting for either a clear bottom to be formed on BTC, or for BTC or ETH to break their respective downtrends before buying back in to hold long term again. The market remains extremely risky. I don't presently see any urgency to buy back into anything. Trade/hold at your own risk.

jobrro

The Fallen
Nov 19, 2017
I haven't been posting as much because I am just making short term profitable trades when I see them, and am otherwise waiting for either a clear bottom to be formed on BTC, or for BTC or ETH to break their respective downtrends before buying back in to hold long term again. The market remains extremely risky. I don't presently see any urgency to buy back into anything. Trade/hold at your own risk.

Potential 50/200 day death cross looming too. Want to see the fallout from that before getting back in heavily.

Lidl

Dec 12, 2017
I've gone afc (away from crypto, copyrighted) for a while and it seems like I didn't miss too much.
Today I noticed the news below and wanted to post this in the VG part of the forum, but I'm a bit hesitant since it tickles my scam buds. Thoughts?

Atari Movie Makers Plan to Raise $40 Million via Bushnell Token Sale

http://variety.com/2018/digital/news/atari-movie-token-sale-1202732406/

The makers of the upcoming Atari movie about the iconic video game console maker are eschewing traditional film financing models for a blockchain-powered initial coin offering (ICO), and plan to sell coins named after Atari founder Nolan Bushnell via a private pre-sale this spring. Film production and financing company Vision Tree plans to raise as much as $40 million with the sale of these Bushnell tokens.

"While the film has received offers from conventional and studio-sourced financing, we have elected cryptocurrency funding to accelerate the filmmaking path in a whole new way, offering Atari fans the opportunity to share in the creation of this movie with us," producer J.D. Seraphine told Variety.

Owners of Bushnell tokens will get a share of the earnings of the movie, and they will also be able to vote on the trailer, and even help select cast members. "We wanted to enable Atari fans and gamers to co-own the project and the experience," said Seraphine. "This open approach is also more in the DNA and the same spirit of Atari."

Another article: https://venturebeat.com/2018/03/21/...e-cryptocurrency-to-fund-nolan-bushnell-tale/

Video:
https://vimeo.com/260117271

Links:
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1243923/
http://coiin.io
http://www.pineapplearcade.net
http://atarimovie.co
https://pineapplefund.org
https://neondistrict.io

Donos

Nov 15, 2017
Haven't read anything but my first though with the "voting for trailer /select cast members" is how they manage whales and their voting power. And 40 mill is not a little sum to raise without naming the token "atari coin/token (ATC)".

Lidl

Dec 12, 2017
You're right, it's weird how they avoid the Atari brand name. I'll wait until they update the site so people can actually purchase these tokens.

There is controversy around Binance and the Japanese authorities:

TarNaru33

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
For those that do not know, Colx is on Cryptopia. A lot of Colx is still tied into Coinsmarket, which could be good or bad, depending on how much majority of those people bought their Colx for, as they will likely dump it and the price will tank again.

artsi

Oct 26, 2017
Finland
Looks like Nikkei had an inside scoop and JFSA is actually doing something. But I trust Binance to take care of things.

Donos

Nov 15, 2017
What's the story behind Colx? I only ever heard about that coin in this thread
Nothing special. Just one of the shitcoins which exploded in the december/january crazyness. Has some PIVX feature. Had also the blessing of now vanished "Lambo" Yankee.
I was up 900 %+ (fiat) at one time. It then got stuck on the exchange with the most volume (coinsmarkets) because they imploded with the flood of new users / "investors".

Last edited:

AlsoZ

Oct 29, 2017
Man I love Binance as a company. So fast in response to everything
During the wild times they also were rarely down (I'm looking at you, Kraken), their interface is so far my favorite in terms of presented information and usability, and I've had no real issues with the site so far.
PROBABLY (who knows if there are any dark secrets) deserves its high spot among exchanges.

nashman1313

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
AMA with IBM head of blockchain where he confirmed the relationship with Stellar(XLM) on multiple ocassions! Wow! I know we dont really like when the crypto hypes the partnership with the mega firm. But here its the other way around. Very interesting!

Spawnsniper

Oct 28, 2017
Yes! Based tron is semi mooning.. and my xlm will be soon.

Hit a pretty good run. Hodling

Tron
Req
Xlm
Xrp
Bnb
Ven

Donos

Nov 15, 2017
IOTA now really has a notable presence in german media space. Probably also because they are german based and in the TOP10 cmc.

Donos

Nov 15, 2017
That shameless 10x increase in Volume, lmao

Are you in on this coin or what's the reason for posting here?
I keep an eye on most coins which i once bought or sold (for which reason ever). I have them added to Blockfolio as "watch" and i'm subscribed to their subreddits. DNT is instresting as project but not as an investment for me anymore. I think i sold around August/october or so (fun times with EtherDelta).
I just saw that big green in all of my red today in blockfolio and then saw the reddit posts for the reason for that. Just sharing what i observe.

So when i post something about BNB, ADC, KNC, FLASH, IOT and others, i don't do that because i have them.

Donos

Nov 15, 2017
When you think ICOs would slow down... or people would pump less $$$ into them...
https://medium.com/satis-group/cryptoasset-market-update-b678aeda4c5e

1Q18 ICO fundraising is set to beat out nearly all of 2017, with YTD fundraising of $3.4B exceeding Jan — Nov in the prior year. To-date March funding of $1B+ is in-line with February funding of $1.25B.
ICO Quality: On the basis of pre-determined classifications, we found that approximately 81% of ICO's were Scams, ~6% Failed, ~5% had Gone Dead, and ~8% went on to trade on a exchange.

jobrro

The Fallen
Nov 19, 2017
So is crypto dying a slow death...
It is following similar patterns to what it has been for the last nine years.

It will likey go lower from this point, but it will go back up eventually. I've seen predictions of it hitting ~6K or even ~3K before the bounce. Whether the rise back up is a matter of days, months or a year or more is anyone's guess at this point.

TerminusFox

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It is following similar patterns to what it has been for the last nine years.

It will likey go lower from this point, but it will go back up eventually. I've seen predictions of it hitting ~6K or even ~3K before the bounce. Whether the rise back up is a matter of days, months or a year or more is anyone's guess at this point.
Anyone who wasn't thinking long term with Crypto was a fucking idiot to begin with.

Spawnsniper

Oct 28, 2017
I think it might come back..or who knows with the big 3 but I was reading that coinbase is adding more erc20 tokens/fiat. So alternate crypto might rise.

Brandson

Oct 26, 2017

So everything I am seeing in the charts, and everyone I follow for TA all points to the same thing: that the crypto bubble is about to burst, if it hasn't burst already. I am still fully out and will probably stay out for a while. There could be a long slow decline to numbers much lower than you expect ahead. Be very very careful.

I think blockchain tech has a lot of promise, but right now, the market conditions for investing in any crypto look very bad to me.

Make your own decisions and trade or hold at your own risk.

Sloane

Oct 25, 2017
Don't know if this is sarcasm, but Verge literally just had a dev sponsored pump and dump. It's literally dumping as we speak
Yeah, as long as people support crap like Verge and Tron (only to name a couple), I'm not sure the market deserves to recover. Even if the Verge partnership turned out to be real, the way they handled it is ridiculous.

vehn

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So everything I am seeing in the charts, and everyone I follow for TA all points to the same thing: that the crypto bubble is about to burst, if it hasn't burst already. I am still fully out and will probably stay out for a while. There could be a long slow decline to numbers much lower than you expect ahead. Be very very careful.

I think blockchain tech has a lot of promise, but right now, the market conditions for investing in any crypto look very bad to me.

Make your own decisions and trade or hold at your own risk.

I'm not a fan of blanket statements like that. Let's break it down a bit and see, shall we?

1. Crypto is just an amalgamation of several tokens being traded on exchanges. That's where the interrrlationship between various crypto entities end. Because the market is young, it's all lumped into one big pile, but the truth is that once this matures, there's NO REASON for a gaming token to have a correlation with a supply chain token.

2. Value-basis for several crypto entities can be calculated using P/E multiples, etc. A simple example is modum. The market value for a mod token can be directly derived from the dividend payout policy. Market making and arbitrage will, in the long term, ensure that prices attain parity with valuations (more or less).

3. Separation of the tech from markets is a mistake, imo. The market exists because the core principles of the tech mandate it. Extrapolating that trail of thought, since blockchain tech is still in its VERY early stages of adoption, I don't see how the market can go down while adoption goes up.

4. I completely agree with the statement if you replace crypto with BTC. But generalization is a slippery slope, and should be done with caution.

Last edited:

Donos

Nov 15, 2017
Another round of absolute unknown shitcoins open for withdrawal at coinsmarkets.com. Some of them aren't even listed at CMC yet. How many of this trash do they have.

• ACCO
  • SIGT
  • MGM
  • CASTLE
  • GIRO
  • URALS
  • YTN
  • VAL
  • SWEEP
  • MATRIX

Sulik2

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I feel like come the fall we are going to be in for another amazing bull run after a massive extended bear market from the tether bubble slowly dying that we are seeing now.

Another round of absolute unknown shitcoins open for withdrawal at coinsmarkets.com. Some of them aren't even listed at CMC yet. How many of this trash do they have.

• ACCO
  • SIGT
  • MGM
  • CASTLE
  • GIRO
  • URALS
  • YTN
  • VAL
  • SWEEP
  • MATRIX

Coinsmarkets was the shitcoin king of the world. They had like over 200 of them.

Donos

Nov 15, 2017
I feel like come the fall we are going to be in for another amazing bull run after a massive extended bear market from the tether bubble slowly dying that we are seeing now.

Coinsmarkets was the shitcoin king of the world. They had like over 200 of them.
Always thought EtherDelta is the Shitcoin King. But if i think about it, they only have ERC20 tokens so they dodge a lot of trash.

Brandson

Oct 26, 2017
I'm not a fan of blanket statements like that. Let's break it down a bit and see, shall we?

1. Crypto is just an amalgamation of several tokens being traded on exchanges. That's where the interrrlationship between various crypto entities end. Because the market is young, it's all lumped into one big pile, but the truth is that once this matures, there's NO REASON for a gaming token to have a correlation with a supply chain token.

2. Value-basis for several crypto entities can be calculated using P/E multiples, etc. A simple example is modum. The market value for a mod token can be directly derived from the dividend payout policy. Market making and arbitrage will, in the long term, ensure that prices attain parity with valuations (more or less).

3. Separation of the tech from markets is a mistake, imo. The market exists because the core principles of the tech mandate it. Extrapolating that trail of thought, since blockchain tech is still in its VERY early stages of adoption, I don't see how the market can go down while adoption goes up.

4. I completely agree with the statement if you replace crypto with BTC. But generalization is a slippery slope, and should be done with caution.

When BTC tanks, all other crypto assets will go down with it. You can disagree if you want, but that is what will happen.

djplaeskool

Oct 26, 2017
So is crypto dying a slow death...

Not likely, but the ground is extremely shaky. It's trying to deal with rebounding from unsustainable growth and the sudden influx and departure of literally hundreds of billions of dollars in the span a few months.
Keep in mind, even at these seemingly low points, BTC is up almost 700% YOY. As Brandson noted, things may get worse before they get better.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
OxePnZU.jpg

vehn

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
When BTC tanks, all other crypto assets will go down with it. You can disagree if you want, but that is what will happen.

Currently, sure. But I'm fairly certain that in the future, coins will have real world value with giving dividends and being able to calculate P/E multiples, and so the value of the coin will be based around that (and not swing as much when BTC goes in one direction). Also with more pairs being released (especially with Binance going to be releasing their fiat pairs for alts), we should see a further decoupling from BTC.

jobrro

The Fallen
Nov 19, 2017
First learned about Ravencoin here so figured I would throw this out there.

Ravencoin's difficulty and value has spiked the last couple of days and it is in the top 200 per market cap from maybe 1200 last week. Noticed in the Ravencoin discord there is a new coin Pigeoncoin, supposed to be to RVN what LTC is to BTC. GPU mining just started today, so if anyone wants to get in early now is the time.

No website or anything yet and maybe only Nvidia so far but a few pools have popped up. It might go nowhere, but I figure it's worth throwing some hash at it while the difficulty is so low (currently 43).

Pigeoncoin Discord Invite

ANN

Last edited:

Brandson

Oct 26, 2017
Currently, sure. But I'm fairly certain that in the future, coins will have real world value with giving dividends and being able to calculate P/E multiples, and so the value of the coin will be based around that (and not swing as much when BTC goes in one direction). Also with more pairs being released (especially with Binance going to be releasing their fiat pairs for alts), we should see a further decoupling from BTC.

I am talking about the present and potentially imminent devaluation of btc and all other crypto assets in the short to medium term. I am trying to warn people of the real potential of losing everything in the present market conditions. You are talking about something else.