RR30

Oct 22, 2018
Great job on the OT Uzzy

Went ahead and bought it, even though I have a rule of never buying a Paradox game at launch. CK2 was so great so really looking forward to this.

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Not sure if the Australian ratings kerfuffle is cleared up yet

Pall Mall

Oct 25, 2017
Great job on the OT Uzzy

Went ahead and bought it, even though I have a rule of never buying a Paradox game at launch. CK2 was so great so really looking forward to this.
Imperator burned me so of course I went ahead and preordered Royal Edition lmao.

I think they will have put in the effort to really get CK3 right on launch considering its probably their tentpole franchise now.
Not sure if the Australian ratings kerfuffle is cleared up yet
I don't believe that it has, I saw on Reddit that a site was refunding Australian purchases of the game. Doesn't look like it'll make launch there.

Jintor

Oct 25, 2017
I don't believe that it has, I saw on Reddit that a site was refunding Australian purchases of the game. Doesn't look like it'll make launch there.

fuck me, I have some dental work scheduled and was really looking forward to learning CK3 while in recovery... urgh.

thanks for the news tho

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Can't wait for this one - have been following the dev diaries and such religiously for the past few months. I'm sure there's going to be a lot of missing features and stuff that'll grate on my once it's out - as-is the lack of regents has me disappointed, and the lack of unique systems in place for both the Byzantines and the Papacy is a missed opportunity - but I'm looking forward to watching the game grow and develop over the next few years. I bit the bullet for the Royal Edition because, who am I kidding, I'm gonna get that first expansion ASAP.

My first playthrough is probably going to be King Malcolm, then I'm eager to try out the new stuff in West Africa and the new religious system, so I'll probably try Daurama Daura out. And then who knows, maybe dive into some Islamic states.

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
I thought about snagging the pre-order, but I saw it was included with the game pass. So I think I am gonna play it cautious and try it out on the pass first.

But if I like it then I am absolutely grabbing it on Steam. I don't mind paying full price if it's anything like CK2 in terms of the fun fun factor.

oipic

Oct 25, 2017
Is it a global unlock or can we use the region trick to play it early on gamepass?

Seems it's a global release at 6pm CEST on September 1st (according the folks on the Discord channel) - so a little under 35 hours* from this reply.

* disclaimer: I'm not good with time zones!

Pulp

Nov 4, 2017
Those dev streams for this game have been hilarious. Looking forward to once again unite the north against the heretic everyone else

Jintor

Oct 25, 2017
don't think its very realistic but really hoping the gamepass version somehow releases in australia tomorrow by magic

-Tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Oct 26, 2017
I am going to chronicle my first playthrough on my youtube channel for sure. I am going to play so poorly. It will be great.

Rats

Oct 25, 2017
I had no idea this was coming out! I'm in. I have about 80 hours in CK2 but I never loved it quite as much as I wanted to. I adore the idea of it, but little annoyances here and there always tend to add up and eventually sour me on a run. The kinds of annoyances I always thought could be ironed out in the sequel. So here's hoping this is the Crusader Kings game I've been dreaming of!

EDIT: Alright, judging by this thread it sounds like the new game doubles down on the role-playing elements, which is the obviously correct path. Just pre-purchased on Steam, color me excited.

Last edited:

oipic

Oct 25, 2017
don't think its very realistic but really hoping the gamepass version somehow releases in australia tomorrow by magic

I hear you! Going to repeatedly mash the play button in the Xbox app like some sort of loon from midnight (Melbourne time) in the vain hope that someone at Microsoft HQ inadvertently flips the switch early.

CloudWolf

Oct 26, 2017
But man have I had fun this past week figuring out how to play CK2. Everytime I play I seem to find out something new. Like just the other night I found out that if my main character marries a character who is also a ruler they operate their own states while also being my spouse. I had no idea. So there I am playing and then get a notification that my wife has claimed some land.....and then more land.....and then more land. And I was like wtf?? So I zoomed out (I was the Duke of East Anglia) only to find out my wife had conquered most of southern England all on her own lol
c4b.gif

Oct 28, 2019
I hear you! Going to repeatedly mash the play button in the Xbox app like some sort of loon from midnight (Melbourne time) in the vain hope that someone at Microsoft HQ inadvertently flips the switch early.

game is confirmed to go live 5pm BST

plus I think the poster meant the ban on CK3 in Australia, some rating kerfuffle

oipic

Oct 25, 2017
plus I think the poster meant the ban on CK3 in Australia, some rating kerfuffle

Yep, that's a good point, I may have misunderstood! Jintor's concerns about the AU censorship silliness are well founded... but at the moment there's no visible sign anywhere that this isn't going to go live here on Game Pass. I guess we'll see - fingers crossed.

Jintor

Oct 25, 2017
Yep, that's a good point, I may have misunderstood! Jintor's concerns about the AU censorship silliness are well founded... but at the moment there's no visible sign anywhere that this isn't going to go live here on Game Pass. I guess we'll see - fingers crossed.

i mean legally speaking if they dont have a classification they cant distribution in Australia (Classification Act 1995 - though a bunch of games were sold unclassified in Australia for years before the board got around to properly looking at MMOs and the like). im just hoping nobody at microsoft gets the memo tbh

jonamok

Oct 28, 2017
Thanks. I'm not worried about the scores, just want to read more about people's unique experiences.

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
When do reviews go up?
I was wondering the same thing. It's odd. Several content creators have be able to make videos with advanced copies, but no reviews. But literally every video I have seen looks amazing. I haven't seen a single video where the game looks anything less than solid.

The only video I saw where any kind of flaw was shown was Spiffs video where he broke the game by using divorce to farm gold and prestige. But I'm sure they will patch that.

hidys

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
This weird shit with the Australian Classification Board better get sorted quick.

i mean legally speaking if they dont have a classification they cant distribution in Australia (Classification Act 1995 - though a bunch of games were sold unclassified in Australia for years before the board got around to properly looking at MMOs and the like). im just hoping nobody at microsoft gets the memo tbh

Despite this Paradox have said they are honoring pre-orders.

SPRidley

Oct 25, 2017
Wait gamepass?
I suppose i will try again.

Have CK2 and played some horus, but i never felt the hang of, but it also seems SO fun for the outside and people talking about it, i want to try again.

Xater

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
I have Gamepass Ultimate, does tha tmena I can get it on PC? Kind of want to see if I can run it on my laptop. I love CK2.

B00T

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Few more hours until the streaming embargo is up, cant wait to have stuff to watch all day.

Heshinsi

Oct 25, 2017
I've been counting down the days till launch this whole damn week, and I'm still confused as to when the game unlocks.

Heshinsi

Oct 25, 2017
Oct 28, 2019
Thank you both. I got through the last few days by watching the 20 minute vids that a bunch of youtubers put up, and the tutorial vids from paradox helped too. But the last 24hrs seems like it's going to be the hardest 😂

Streams are going up in 2 hours and 40 minutes so at least there will be something new to fawn over lol

Last edited:

Sandersson

Banned
Feb 5, 2018
Im so torn about getting this. While I am extremely hyped about everything I have read/watched about this game I just have a fear that it might be too much and I just end up dropping the game.

I have HoSIV and after watching hours of guides from youtube and reading a book worth of wiki stuff I ended up dropping the game because I still couldnt understand why the fuck I was losing a given battle. It just wasnt fun for me and felt like a second job you are bad at. The tutorial was also useless.

I realize they have added a lot noob friendly stuff like better tooltips, but im still unsure. I think I might wait for reviews from people who are not that familiar with this franchase.

Jintor

Oct 25, 2017
Im so torn about getting this. While I am extremely hyped about everything I have read/watched about this game I just have a fear that it might be too much and I just end up dropping the game.

I have HoSIV and after watching hours of guides from youtube and reading a book worth of wiki stuff I ended up dropping the game because I still couldnt understand why the fuck I was losing a given battle. It just wasnt fun for me and felt like a second job you are bad at. The tutorial was also useless.

I realize they have added a lot noob friendly stuff like better tooltips, but im still unsure. I think I might wait for reviews from people who are not that familiar with this franchase.

i'm gonna give it a shot on gamepass to try out

RR30

Oct 22, 2018
I only started playing ironman mode this year on CK2. Think I'm gonna take my lumps are start it from the jump on 3.