• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK
i4wbUUo.png
  • Release Date: 1st September 2020​
  • Developer: Paradox Development Studio​
  • Platforms: Steam, Microsoft Store (also available at launch on Xbox Game Pass for PC), Paradox Store (Steam Key, but 100% goes to Paradox)​
  • Pricing: $49.99, €49.99, £41.99​
  • Genre: Freeform Grand Strategy/Role Playing Game​
cmLrTK4.jpg
4cmodxI.jpg

Play as anyone of thousands of noble and royal characters, stretching from the Arctic Circle to Central Africa, from Iceland to India, and control their fate, and the fate of their descendents.
Bring new lands and new titles under your control, and ensure your name lives down through the ages.
Starting in 867 or 1066, experience all the pageantry and glory of the Middle Ages, the Viking Raiders, the Crusaders, go on pilgrimages, be a pious and loyal feudal lord, or go out on your own and risk eternal damnation in the name of glory.

xXOYZqO.jpg
IFHqe6c.jpg

Adopt a lifestyle to perfect your skills in your chosen field, acquiring traits to develop your character, or stresses from acting out of character.
Manage your realm and deepen your interpersonal relationships with friends, rivals or lovers.
Deal with your heirs as you see fit, giving them the finest tutors possible or dealing with them yourself, and see if they're even up to the job of ruling once you're gone.
Control your scheming courtiers and decide whether it's better to feared or loved.. or risk betrayal.

fdAbdMT.jpg
Wkh0XkS.jpg

Recruit peasant levies and loyal knights to your forces, and wage wars against any who would stand against you.
Raid your wealthy neighbours and ransom back captured prisoners to supplement your income, and hire mercenary bands and powerful holy orders to fight your major wars, including Crusades and Jihads.
What is Jerusalem worth, anyway?

DtSWT2a.jpg
icAd5q7.jpg

Keep a loyal spymaster to hand to uncover plots against you and your realm, while striking in the dark against any who would block your way to victory.
Recruit, bribe or blackmail others into doing your dirty work, or even seduce them into whispering secrets into your ear. The world is yours, you need merely reach out and take it..

Reviews
OP
OP
Uzzy

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK
Review Thread

www.resetera.com

Crusader Kings III Review thread (MC: 91, OC: 91)

Out tomorrow on Steam and Game Pass for PC. Unlocks globally at 18:00 CEST / 12pm EST / 9pm PST: Metacritic | OpenCritic IGN 10/10 VG24/7 5/5 PC Gamer 9.4/10 GameSpot 8/10 Rock Paper Shotgun Wccftech 9/10 Kotaku TheSixthAxis 9/10 Vice GameRevolution 4.5/5 Video:

Metacritic: 91
Opencritic: 91

Last edited:

Aaron D.

Oct 25, 2017
Great OT!

Love that Paradox seems to be further pushing this series into a RPG dynasty simulator and grand strategy sim hybrid.

Anno

Oct 25, 2017
Columbus, Ohio
This has been one of the harder waits for a videogame in a long time for me. Everything looks great, and I'm excited to be able to get into CK on the ground floor rather than after six expansions.

sweetmini

Jun 12, 2019
Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaait a second... CK3 is around the corner ?
I'll need this.
No need to wait for reviews for me, i'm defacto sold.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
FINALLY

Going to play it on gamepass at first for the cheevos, but have it preordered on Steam so will migrate over when there are more mods

Caspar

Oct 29, 2017
UK
Never played a Paradox grand strategy game before the role playing emphasis and greater accessibility make me want to give it a go.

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I've never played this series. Is this a good entry point for it? How accessible it is? Are its systems well-explained and well-introduced to the player?

senbon

Oct 27, 2017
I hope it's good. CK2 is pretty much the only grand strategy game that has clicked with me. Absolutely love the RPG nature of it.

I'm curious as to how Paradox will do the game's MTX... I wouldn't be surprised if it's as obscene as always.

Lausebub

Nov 4, 2017
Great OT as always Uzzy. I thought this was releasing mid September, looks like I have to start training next week, so I am not as clueless in the
next multiplayer game, as I was last time round.

Jay Shadow

Oct 28, 2017
Here's an ongoing series of introduction videos explaining the concepts and systems of the game

www.youtube.com

Introducing CK3 - Characters

Welcome to our introductory series on Crusader Kings III. In this first video One Proud Bavarian will help us understand the gallery of characters that we wi...

And here's a play through series that just wrapped up that was a lot of fun.

www.youtube.com

Crusader Kings III - First Look - Iberian Intrigue - Part 0

Join us as Rod and Alexander take a first look at Crusader Kings III.Pre-order Crusader Kings III - https://www.crusaderkings.comJoin the Official CK3 Discor...

fanboi

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
Q: Is there a good bullet per bullet the major mechanical differences vs CK2? For sure CK2 will be more content rich but what does this improve beside improved UI and graphics.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
I'm looking forward to digging into it. Haven't followed any of the news so curious to see whats new.

KingSnake

Oct 25, 2017
Great OT!

I have it preordered already so I'm not waiting.

BTW, when it will available? Midnight?

SaberVS7

Oct 25, 2017
I've never played this series. Is this a good entry point for it? How accessible it is? Are its systems well-explained and well-introduced to the player?

You missed some really important parts of the story like the Sunset Invasion arc and the Charlemagne arc if you skip CK2. The rivalry between Ragnar Lothbrok and Karl of West Francia is some top-tier storytelling you can't miss out on just to get to the latest parts.

-Tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Oct 26, 2017
Is this available at midnight tonight?

edit: shit tomorrow fuuuuuuuuuuuuck

NCR Ranger

Oct 25, 2017
Even though I could have got it on Gamepass, I still bought it. Hopefully it lives up to my expectations. Out of fairness I will be comparing it to earlyish CK2 and not what it became after all the expansions.

Herr Starr

Oct 26, 2017
Norway
Got the game preordered and I'm really excited to give it a go. I only finished one game of CK2, but it took me 70 hours. Expecting lots of value for money here.

Skade

Oct 28, 2017

fanboi

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
Remember at the old forum we had a game going. I was (well initially not) Sweden. All was well untill I got a Queen, while that has it's downside (fuck you vassals for not likeing me) it turned south when it tourned out she was less fertile and homosexual.... and the last of my line.

Needless to say it was sweaty to get her pregnant.

I overcame and became God Emperor of the Norse faith

NCR Ranger

Oct 25, 2017
Hey not all of us are into that incest nonsense. Some of us are just stick to kinslaying thank you very much. It ain't my fault I can make use of my infant nephew's lands than he can. His father shouldn't of died in that "accident" and left his lands to his 3 month old child.

Jegriva

Banned
Sep 23, 2019
Too bad for the missing start dates. We miss the Lombards, the Abbasids, and so many other nations/peoples.

Wanace

Oct 29, 2017
Have preordered this on Steam, any videos on combat yet? That was the biggest problem for me in CK2.