• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Parcas

Dec 12, 2017
This will be bad. I hope I eat my words but this will be so bad. After destroying death note now it is time for cowboys bebop.

I just see no way this can work based on how the original source is.

Just do something in that universe but do not butcher Spike :(

BBboy20

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Expectations for this series is at a bare minimum for me but they should at the least get Yoko Kanno or somebody capable of that type of sound for composing this one. That music was so integral to the shows vibe
cowboy-bebop-original-tv-soundtrack_1_1bfd0d1a87846bdf251086dd01420b2c.jpg
So random but also like works of art.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Heathers is a 80's movie that seemed to heavily influence Adam Wingard's Death Note. Hence the shift in focus from the relationship between Light and L to Light and Mia.

Interesting. Honestly, he should've just made Mia the protagonist by the end instead of what he ended up doing.

Stiler

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
As far as Spike goes, I think Daniel Cloud Campos would be PERFECT for this role. You might not know who he is, he's more of a dancer (been in music videos for Madonna, Shakira, etc), but he has had some experience with movies, he was in The Greatest Showman most recently.

I could totally see him pulling it off if given the chance.

Oct 27, 2017
As far as Spike goes, I think Daniel Cloud Campos would be PERFECT for this role. You might not know who he is, he's more of a dancer (been in music videos for Madonna, Shakira, etc), but he has had some experience with movies, he was in The Greatest Showman most recently.

I could totally see him pulling it off if given the chance.

Really didn't think I'd open ERA and see a Bboy Cloud reference, but this place is full of surprises.

While he has the look and physicality on point, his voice is way too shrill to be Spike. He also always has boyish charm vibes, which clashes pretty hard with Spike's worn out mafioso backstory.

Valcrist

Tic-Tac-Toe Champion
Oct 25, 2017
This is one thing I didn't want to happen. The world doesn't need a live action version of Cowboy Bebop.

CassCade

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
I'll watch just to see how it will turn out, give it a series order makes me feel much better that it won't be shit.

noyram23

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sure why not, we can just ignore if it's bad. It can also turn out great or so bad that it's great.

It's not that they're asking me to shell out since I have a sub already

Deleted member 3812

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

KillLaCam

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Seoul
F

Can it be as bad as Ghost in the Shell was?

Faye and Spike better be asian

Last edited:

Yams

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly this only works if the show runners understand why the show is called Cowboy Bebop

MrBadger

Oct 27, 2017
General reminder that bad remakes fade off into obscurity while good/popular ones result in resparked interest in the brand and more merch for the original.

There's nothing at stake here so why not

beelulzebub

Oct 25, 2017

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
Can go horribly wrong, but it could be decent. Watanabe overseeing it means that it won't be Ghost in the Shell tier awful, and if Chris Yost's involvement in Thor Ragnarok was the last 5 minutes when they are all on the spaceship, yeah I can see this work.

nelsonroyale

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
On the one hand, I have always thought that Cowboy Bebop would work with live action so I am interested for sure. On the other, I mean Cowboy Bebop is much better than anything I have read / watched by Marvel, so I feel they should give it premium treatment, but I don't think that is happening?