• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Will RE2 success increase the possibility of Dino Crisis being remade

• Yes

Votes: 170 31.2%
  • No

Votes: 375 68.8%

• Total voters
OP
OP
Toriko

Toriko

Banned
Dec 29, 2017
Man I hope someone atleast remakes this if not Dino Crisis. Such amazing games with Dino's simply going to waste..

xrnzaaas

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Maybe, REmake 3 is probably next. After that Dino Criris could become a pretty solid candidate unless Capcom would like to upgrade RE4. Code Veronica was a smaller title, I don't see it getting a full remake.

Deleted member 1003

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
With the success of Monster Hunter, Jurassic Park brands in the recent years I think there is huge potential for a big AAA dinosaur ip no?

It is not the same situation as it was in the early 2000s.
Dude, they remastered Onimusha before a hint of a breath of anything Dino Crisis. It's dead Jim.

Deleted member 17403

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I think it'd be hard to do a remake for Dino Crisis for the simple fact of how the franchise changes so drastically between iterations. I know that this isn't ideal for Capcom but if they're going to remake DC1 and DC2, they should release it as 2 game value-pack deal and sell it for $60. I think gamers will see the value in this and it'll in turn become the best selling DC sku to have been released thus far.

I'd like to see Onimusha receive a sequel based upon the initial 3 games rather than a remake. Considering that the Onimusha remaster releases today, it seems like a misstep to release a remaster and then remakes of the subsequent games so remaster those as well and just give us a sequel in the next gen along with DC that overwrites the events of the original DC3. Give us a Lost Planet sequel as well with a survival-horror and action direction too.

Azurik

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 5, 2017
Dino crisis is pretty much dead at this stage. I rather have them pick up. Squares parasite eve and give it a remake!

lasthope106

Oct 25, 2017
Iowa USA
They missed their chance when Jurassic World was announced. People were excited about Dinosaurs again. I don't even want a remake. I just want them to make the old games available in new consoles/systems/pc.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
Dude, they remastered Onimusha before a hint of a breath of anything Dino Crisis. It's dead Jim.

While it hasn't gotten a remaster of any kind yet. It has been getting used in smaller amounts lately. So it's at least not as unused as say powerstone as of late.

I think it'd be hard to do a remake for Dino Crisis for the simple fact of how the franchise changes so drastically between iterations. I know that this isn't ideal for Capcom but if they're going to remake DC1 and DC2, they should release it as 2 game value-pack deal and sell it for $60. I think gamers will see the value in this and it'll in turn become the best selling DC sku to have been released thus far.

I'd like to see Onimusha receive a sequel based upon the initial 3 games rather than a remake. Considering that the Onimusha remaster releases today, it seems like a misstep to release a remaster and then remakes of the subsequent games so remaster those as well and just give us a sequel in the next gen along with DC that overwrites the events of the original DC3. Give us a Lost Planet sequel as well with a survival-horror and action direction too.

Dino Crisis never settling on one thing is actually to its benefit when it returns. You don't have a fan base that's expecting a certain style of game. As long as you have Dinosaurs and Regina you're effectively able to do anything with the IP as long as it fits a general action/adventure or survival horror theme.

How About No

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Great Dairy State
CV and Zero aren't worth remaking so yes please jump right on Dino Crisis after RE3

Dino Crisis never settling on one thing is actually to its benefit when it returns. You don't have a fan base that's expecting a certain style of game. As long as you have Dinosaurs and Regina you're effectively able to do anything with the IP as long as it fits a general action/adventure or survival horror theme.

Very true! Lots of good directions they could go and people would be happy

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
I don't see the connection at all. Yeah, similar play styles, but I don't think Capcom connects the two in their business thinking.

Also, and no offense to Jawmuncher lol, Dino Crisis has super dated branding. I mean, "Dino Crisis". What the hell is that lol. That may have worked in the 90s, but Dino Crisis sounds like some straight to video garbage.

If we ever get something similar, it will need to be rebranded and re-imagined, maybe as a Monster Hunter Future sub brand or something like that lol.

spydersvenom

Oct 27, 2017
Kansas City
I'm not sure we'll see a remake of any other games after RE2. Behind RE4 it's one of the biggest and most hyped Resident Evil games of all time, so I think the idea of more remakes - be it another Resident Evil or Dino Crisis - is wishful thinking. If I were to guess, Resident Evil 8 on that gorgeous engine will be the next project.

Aswitch

"This guy are sick"
Nov 27, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
As much as I'd want a Dino Crisis Remake, I don't think RE2 remake would set the precedence for that (at least not initially). Probably after RE8 and an RE3 remake doing well, then I can see them going "you know what about Dino Crisis too?"

Aswitch

"This guy are sick"
Nov 27, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
I really hope that they'll greenlight a REmake 3 if REmake 2 does well. The demo blew me away, I'm very excited for the full release.

I can only imagine how tense REmake 3 would be considering the original had me on my toes the entire game.
I honestly feel that to be very likely. They already have the groundwork/assets underway. I think it would be much easier to turn around than RE2remake considering the pretty solid template that's been made already for RE2.

Son of Sparda

"This guy are sick" says The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
REmake 3 would be next, but yes. Well not sure on the reboot part, but success of REmake 2 (and DMC5) could lead to more RE Engine games, which in turn could open the path for bringing back certain classics like Onimusha or Dino Crisis.

Deleted member 17403

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I don't see the connection at all. Yeah, similar play styles, but I don't think Capcom connects the two in their business thinking.

Also, and no offense to Jawmuncher lol, Dino Crisis has super dated branding. I mean, "Dino Crisis". What the hell is that lol. That may have worked in the 90s, but Dino Crisis sounds like some straight to video garbage.

If we ever get something similar, it will need to be rebranded and re-imagined, maybe as a Monster Hunter Future sub brand or something like that lol.
You could make that claim about a number of Capcom games; Devil May Cry, Onimusha, Resident Evil. Dino Crisis is to the point, like oh shit, there's dinosaurs on the loose so there in lies the reason for the name Dino Crisis. It still works. It doesn't need some poetic title to work.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
You could make that claim about a number of Capcom games; Devil May Cry, Onimusha, Resident Evil. Dino Crisis is to the point, like oh shit, there's dinosaurs on the loose so there in lies the reason for the name Dino Crisis. It still works. It doesn't need some poetic title to work.
Devil May Cry is rather genius actually.

Onimusha has that Japanese feel obviously lol

Resident Evil has been an institution for two decades plus. They have the brand equity. Way better than the original title--Biohazard.

Deleted member 17403

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Resident Evil has been an institution for two decades plus. They have the brand equity. Way better than the original title--Biohazard.
Hell no, lol! Biohazard definitely sounds better than Resident Evil because every game doesn't take place in some type of residence. Devil May Cry has significance to the ending of DMC1 and DMC3 but beyond that the title doesn't really communicate to you what the game is about. Onimusha I agree with unless a sequel was to move away from the feudal Japan setting, which it very much could because the genma had a hand it various cultures and their developments, both socially and technologically.

Arklite

Oct 27, 2017
I want to believe, but I think DC came about by being pushed heavily by Mikami and because survival horror was hot enough to have more franchises running. So I think DC needs a real internal push by directors/devs more than "if fans want it" statements.

OP
OP
Toriko

Toriko

Banned
Dec 29, 2017

There is no way that Monster Hunter or Resident Evil as a title sounds less straight to DVD than Dino Crisis.