• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Will RE2 success increase the possibility of Dino Crisis being remade

• Yes

Votes: 170 31.2%
  • No

Votes: 375 68.8%

• Total voters

Toriko

Banned
Dec 29, 2017
There are a lot of reasons why I hope RE2 Remake does well just like RE7.

For one it is looking to be a masterpiece just like 7.

Secondly it will solidify mainline RE as a horror franchise and hopefully keep it going in that direction.

Thirdly and most importantly it should hopefully provide an incentive for Capcom to give Dino Crisis the same Remake treatment.

A well made Dinosaur game will sell millions. With Jurassic park's comeback, surely Capcom gets that Dinos can be popular in games as well right?

Will success of RE2 fastrack the Remake of one of the greatest games ever made - Dino Crisis?

Make a prediction ERA!

ZeroDS

"This guy are sick"
The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
The only place I see Dino Crisis mentioned is here.

I'd love it to come back but I'm not holding my breath

Deleted member 59

No, it'll probably fast track a Resi 3 remake instead.

Deleted member 25606

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Only if it's Dino Crisis 2. The first while interesting is not that great. The second however is still really fun to play and would lend itself well to Capcom/Resi's TPS action setup.

Talus

Banned
Dec 9, 2017
Yep for sure. I'm almost certain that we're going to get it relatively soon. (this coming generation)

Vishmarx

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
its really disappointing how few devs actually dare to try their hand at dinos.

And capcom of all should be the perfect one to be making such a game. They have all the HD dino assets in the world, they have the ip, they have the good will , and they have experience making good shooters.

If those trashfire movies can make billions , capcom sure as shit can make a successful dino crisis. Call it resident hunter : dino crisis for all i care if you believe the thing would need too much marketing. Make chris or leon the hero on a dino island and have them punch dinos to craft pre historic bling.

Nov 8, 2017
The first two were successful but not on the scale of the Resident Evil series. RE has been a consistently high selling franchise ever since, while Dino Crisis 3 bombed hard and killed the franchise in 2003.

I'm not saying it can't happen, but I wouldn't consider it to be super likely.

Noob Pilot

Jun 10, 2018
I vote Yes because i believe if I support this sentiment throughout the internet then the internet Gods will make it happen.

OP
OP
Toriko

Toriko

Banned
Dec 29, 2017
Only if it's Dino Crisis 2. The first while interesting is not that great. The second however is still really fun to play and would lend itself well to Capcom/Resi's TPS action setup.

While I disagree about the first not being great I would not mind a game in the vein of 2 as well. 2 is a phenomenal game. An absolute masterpiece. Brilliantly paced.

Phantom

Writer at Jeux.ca
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Canada
Dino Crisis: 2.4 million copies WW (PSX) vs. Resident Evil 3: 3.5 million (PSX). Seems like an easy choice.

Dino Crisis 2: 1.2 million.

Dino Crisis 3: 0.14 million (lol)

The thing is, Dino Crisis 3 probably killed the franchise for good.

timedesk

Oct 27, 2017
I really hope so, I missed out on playing the first two when they came out, and would love to have a chance to play them. Also there should just be more dinosaur games in general.

FiXalaS

Oct 27, 2017
Kuwait.
The first two were successful but not on the scale of the Resident Evil series. RE has been a consistently high selling franchise ever since, while Dino Crisis 3 bombed hard and killed the franchise in 2003.

I'm not saying it can't happen, but I wouldn't consider it to be super likely.

Dino Crisis 3 kind of situations happens, franchise already gone into a long hiatus and people forgot about that game. Bringing back Dino Crisis now.. at least by remastering them just to test the waters, wouldn't be a bad move at all.

Jurassic World made people of this gen love dinosaurs, I'm sure a remake of the first game will attract a great number of people.

OP
OP
Toriko

Toriko

Banned
Dec 29, 2017
Look at this and tell me seeing this intro in a Remake would not give anyone goosebumps. What a fking amazing intro.

Megatron

Oct 27, 2017
If you want Jawmunchers attention, just PM him.

While I don't think the first game will ever be remade, I could see a sequel.

Sinatar

Oct 25, 2017
There have been a metric fuckton of successful Resident Evil games released since Dino Crisis 3, none of them had an effect. Why you think this one would is an utter mystery.

Oct 28, 2017
Here's a question for era. How did the original Dino crisis games sell? Specifically 1 and 2.

I liked 1 but didn't care for 2 and 3 personally.

Edit. Oops never mind sales were already posted above.

Last edited:

Rats

Oct 25, 2017
RE2's success will lead to more REmakes. Dino Crisis doesn't have the same brand recognition, and the shared DNA is only known to a small subset of the potential audience.

Valkerion

Oct 29, 2017

Kinda agree with this a lot.

I'd rather an action suspense Dino Crisis like 1, but after playing it again in one of like 2 complete play through of that game... 1 is a mess in a ton of areas. 2 knew what it wanted to be and it was just a fun interesting game as a result. 1 wanted to do something kinda different from RE but not really, and ended up having a ton of, in my opinion, half thought out ideas and mechanics. and oh god the files/puzzles in it are the WORST.

That said. Now that I got Ace Combat 7 and Resident Evil 2 remake, after Ridge Racer 8, I think a rebooted Dino Crisis is what I want now.

Virtua Sanus

Nov 24, 2017
Too many people go on to mention Dino Crisis 3's sales. Those are in no way relevant to the current market or landscape at all and Capcom knows it.

That said... I do not think there is much passion within Capcom to continue this franchise in any way. It is not really a question of 'would it do good' but rather how many people working at Capcom have interest in pursuing it. Onimusha on the other hand, I think that going to be coming back with a proper new game eventually.

Nateo

Oct 27, 2017
Resident Evil was far more popular and is a far bigger name now. So no unrelated at this point.

Beef

Oct 27, 2017
TX
I really hope that they'll greenlight a REmake 3 if REmake 2 does well. The demo blew me away, I'm very excited for the full release.

I can only imagine how tense REmake 3 would be considering the original had me on my toes the entire game.