Solace

Dog's Best Friend
Oct 29, 2017
3sksxo.png

RPGamer92

Oct 25, 2017
Should include Islam as well. Imagine GOW5 having Jesus and Muhammad team up to fight Kratos.

R0987

Avenger
Jan 20, 2018
God of war 3 originally was supposed to end with Kratos and his Norse and Egyptian counterpart killing of their respective pantheon and when that business was done the would become the three wise men from the bible to lead the world into a new order.

Edit: I was mistaken but it did involve three wise men and the birth of Christianity in some form

godofwar.fandom.com

God of War III

God of War III is the fifth installment in the God of War series, released on March 16, 2010, for the PlayStation 3, and a remastered version on July 14, 2015, for the PlayStation 4. It is the seventh chapter in the series chronologically, after God of War: Ascension, God of War: Chains of...

In an interview with GameTrailers.com, David Jaffe explained his story to God of War III. The first cutscene featured Oceanus in his water form (similar to Poseidon's God form) killing Hermes. Kratos then would fight Zeus in the opening boss fight and kill him. Then a portal opens on Mt. Olympus where the Egyptian and Norse Gods descend from. The Titans and the Greek, Egyptian, and Norse Gods wage a war to determine who would ultimately rule the world. Kratos then discovers the power to teleport back and forth through Norway, Egypt, and Greece. Kratos encounters Stheno and takes her head in a boss fight. Then in another boss fight with the Sphinx, Kratos uses Stheno's head to turn the beast into stone (and that's how we have the Sphinx statue today in Egypt). Kratos then realizes the way to permanently kill a God is to get mortals to stop believing in them. Kratos' plan was already in effect because the Gods were focused on ruling the world and had their minds off of the mortals. Thus, the mortal world was under natural disasters. The mortals stopped believing in the Gods, which weakened them. Kratos & the Titans kill off the remaining Gods. Kratos then uses the Blades of Athena to slit his wrists, resulting in another trip to the Underworld where he is reunited with his wife & daughter. The final cutscene showed the Three Wise Men heading to the North Star resulting with the birth of Christianity.

Last edited:

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017

Fredrik

Oct 27, 2017
Isn't god of war with Christianity just Dante's inferno?
Dante's Inferno was essentially pro christianity and you fought the evil side. God of War would not be that. I don't know what Kratos would do but I bet it would be an atheistic angle, could easily get cringey unless they're clever about it and many countries are religious so I'm not sure a full on atheistic or satanistic AAA game would fly all that well.

Oct 27, 2017
I'm pretty sure they would never dare to open that particular Pandoras box, apart from that the christian mythology has far less material to build an action game on than the ones used already.

Fredrik

Oct 27, 2017
I'm pretty sure they would never dare to open that particular Pandoras box, apart from that the christian mythology has far less material to build an action game on than the ones used already.
Yeah, and even if you hate religion it would feel kinda awkward to fight the J man himself, can't even see Kratos hating on him, he would probably just hate on how the church has twisted everything and used it's power in the wrong way.

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, and even if you hate religion it would feel kinda awkward to fight the J man himself, can't even see Kratos hating on him, he would probably just hate on how the church has twisted everything and used it's power in the wrong way.

Then again it would be a cool twist if a pacifist Kratos himself becomes Jesus and he get's in rage mode again after being reborn. But again, that will never happen for obvious reasons.

Fezan

Oct 26, 2017
I think its better to not include practicing religions in-game in such a way that is disrespectful. Like I am against Christianity, Islam or Hindusim to be included in ways that may be hurtful to vast majority of population

Spine Crawler

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
maybe they can do some old testament monsters like the whale or some crwature from hell? guess it has been done already with el shaddai and dantes inferno

Fredrik

Oct 27, 2017
Then again it would be a cool twist if a pacifist Kratos himself becomes Jesus and he get's in rage mode again after being reborn. But again, that will never happen for obvious reasons.
Would it though? Be cool I mean. I think they need to put Kratos up against satan or maybe the four horsemen to pull it off without being super cringey, but Dante's Inferno and Darksiders has already been there doing that so it wouldn't add anything. Kratos vs Jesus makes zero sense lol. Then again we're probably going to fight Freya this time and that will take some creative thinking to pull off as well.

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
I like the (probably unintentional) result of this statement is that Christianity is just another wacky pantheon of magic-using weirdos

Not to mention, knowing the universe of GOW, Atreus might not be the only son of Kratos *nudge nudge*

LossAversion

The Merchant of ERA
Oct 28, 2017
If that hole in the bottom is for the built in mic then that is an absolutely terrible trade off for the headphone jack.

Oct 29, 2017
Kratos may not be strong enough to just go messing around with the top tiers of Judeo-christian figures. If Lucifer couldn't take down Michael, then Kratos has no chance, but that's why he recruits Hanuman to join him first in God Of War 7. Also for some reason Arteus is now Rama.

Oct 26, 2017
Nashville
As a Catholic I would love it honestly lol.

I don't see Kratos fighting Jesus though.
I can see however,
For Archangels
Biblical Monsters(Whale, St. George's Dragon, the monster described in Revelation, etc.)

Obviously Demons and Lucifer
And maybe YHWH?

That1GoodHunter

My ass legally belongs to Ted Price
Oct 17, 2019
There are plenty of characters that could provide very cool fights.

The archangels, the 4 horsemen, Satan, the princes of hell, Leviathan, "The Beast", the Anti-Christ, Lilith, etc.

Khanimus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Greater Vancouver
Jesus, nailed to the cross: "Freeee.... meeeeee...."

*removes spikes from his hands, Jesus starts glowing and flying, rejuvinating himself with the souls of those standing around*

Jesus: MUAHAHAHAHAHAAAA THIS IS MYYY DOMAIN, NOW WITH OLYMPUS DESTROYED! ME AND MY FATHER SHALL RULE THIS WORLD!

*cue bossfight where you bludgen superpowered Jesus with the cross, and Longinus tosses you his spear to end the fight*

DoradoWinston

Apr 9, 2019
the walls of the vatican about to get painted in jesus for God of War 5.

(this would actually be hilarious to see considering Kratos lmao)

NavyPharaoh

Oct 27, 2017
You can look at Christian colonization in Africa to all the Christian Mega Churches and modern Christianity today. It would be easy to create an evil caricature of Christ. Now would Sony be prepared for that backlash? Hell to the naw.

m0therzer0

Mobile Gaming Product Manager
Verified
Nov 19, 2017
San Francisco bay area
Does this mean that God / Jesus exist as...gods / deities / what-have-you, or that Christianity as a religion in the world exists?

i.e. there are Christians, but their God ain't there.

The Silver

Oct 28, 2017
Jesus would be the Athena of the game,(she even resurrects herself) except without the heel turn.

Oct 25, 2017
Houston
Does this mean that God / Jesus exist as...gods / deities / what-have-you, or that Christianity as a religion in the world exists?

i.e. there are Christians, but their God ain't there.
there's christanity but zeus faked his death and this time pretending to be the only god around. and he would have gotten it away with it too if it wasn't for you pesky Kratos's and Atreu's