Oct 25, 2017
D7HfU6g.gif

Matrix the game. Good guy Keanu should make a cameo.

Duxxy3

Oct 27, 2017
USA
Finished my second play through last night and I enjoyed the game far more the second time around. What helped the most was that I played through the game already and I was much better the second time through. I have more tips now...
  1. Pay attention to where every enemy is. There are no visual notifications, so you'll have to manually keep track of them.
  2. If you hear the whiz of a grenade, and you have the ability to pick them up, just pick them up. Don't try to find them, the game tends to default to them if they're anywhere nearby.
  3. Pay attention to what you're picking up and where it is in relation to your target. Don't bring back every single throw. If you happen to grab something that's near an enemy and he's a weak enemy, just do a quick pickup and toss. Whatever you pick up will go towards the enemy, regardless of where you're standing. So if the object is on the left side and the enemy is on the right it will go straight towards them, saving you a lot of time rather than bringing it back to you.
  4. Melee if they get close and they're low on health. You're more likely to hit them that way than with whatever weapon you're using. It also saves energy and ammo.
  5. Be aggressive but not reckless. Your defensive abilities are basically non-existent, so kill everything as quickly and efficiently as possible. Don't just focus down the big shielded enemies. Drop the unshielded weak enemies so you don't have to keep track of them (and some of them deal a lot of damage).
  6. If you're getting low on health, go straight for the health pickups. Turtling isn't going to save your life.
Also, swap dash and shield. I have no idea why that's not the default.

edit: I also don't recommend the ground pound, as cool as it looks.

edit 2: Oh, and performance on my i5 3450 RX 570 4GB PC was shockingly good.

Egida

Oct 27, 2017
He's not hard himself at all. It's those goddamn exploding invisible hiss that make the fight such a pain in the ass. You're sitting there focusing on dodging his projectiles and running away from the exploding hiss monsters and then the invisible one comes up on you and just explodes on your ass and you didn't notice the weird smokey indicator that lets you know he's around because there was so much other stuff going on. And those things can follow you up onto the rafters too. What did make it easier was jumping up on the spires or that rock in the middle of the room. They don't seem to come up on those.
Tomassi was kinda difficult but yeah, mostly because of the invisible hiss, kinda annoyed everytime I was doing okay and then the damn things took almost half the health bar...
If you go up to the end of the room enemies can't attack you from behind. You just need to use launch against the explosive mobs and watch the staircase in case any hiss soldier goes up. The siren attack can be completely blocked with the shield, and then you can shoot her face off (I use grip with headshot bonus) and I guess it was easy to notice when it was coming because I was up there alone.

AndrewGPK

Oct 27, 2017
Guys, quick question, i'm planing on getting the game, hows the performance on the ps4 pro?

I would check out that Digital Foundry video a few pages back. X1X is still tops followed by the Pro, X1, and PS4. The latest patch was supposedly a big improvement for the Pro but there are still some framerate drops in certain areas, but its supposedly much better.

Like you, I've waited and plan to buy on the Pro, after watching DF video I think it looks a lot better but definitely not perfect.

Deleted member 56065

User-requested account closure
Apr 18, 2019
It's fine 95% of the time.
I would check out that Digital Foundry video a few pages back. X1X is still tops followed by the Pro, X1, and PS4. The latest patch was supposedly a big improvement for the Pro but there are still some framerate drops in certain areas, but its supposedly much better.

Like you, I've waited and plan to buy on the Pro, after watching DF video I think it looks a lot better but definitely not perfect.
Thank you both, gonna check the DF thread, i have a Xbox S so i thought the pro was the better deal.

Egida

Oct 27, 2017
After endgame
you can go talk to some characters for new dialogue. I went to the Hedron Chamber and Jesse had new dialogue too. You'll also be attacked by 3 siren hiss and a bunch of elevated hiss.
I managed to seize one of the siren. That was fun to watch lol.

Lashes.541

Dec 18, 2017
Roseburg Oregon
I'd say very. Not only because they are a source of insight into the Bureau business, buy they're also a great source of skills points.

Maybe leave that fight for later? There's no missables, everything can be done later. Have you done all the janitor's requests? Lots of easy points and the official janitor outfit are waiting for you there. Once you've upgraded health, energy, launch and shield you could upgrade levitate duration if that's giving you trouble.
Thanks for the help, I ended up skipping most of the side quests and finished the game. As much as I love the lore of the oldest house, I just wanted to be done with the game. The respawn at control points kind of ruined the game for me. And I get that the oldest house is supposed to be confusing, but I hated how easy it was to get lost, even if I knew what section I was supposed to be in. Kind of strange because this was the only game I can think of were I was lost most of the time lol.

Deleted member 16136

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Completed it earlier, kind of just rushed through the last few missions as, despite how awesome the combat was up until the mid way point, I just found myself doing the same thing over and over and it felt a bit stale. Got tired of the collectables as there were just far too many of them and pausing to read them was just breaking the flow of progression. Also not a fan of constant mod pickups ..... especially when im near end game and still being given level 1/2 mods so I have to keep cleaning house of junk collected.

About half way I stopped doing side quests as they were just getting in the way, but seeing as the main game is over I will go back to do them, some sound interesting.

Overall I liked it, the combat was insane to start off with and every power feels slick, just ran out of steam a bit toward the end. Story was cool and kept me going but I did not fancy diving into all those collectables to find the finer details. Graphics are fucking bonkers cannot knock them one bit, its top tier. Still not a fan of many games taking on the loot and levelling style stuff, previous game I played was the new Wolfenstein which was the same, and left a bad taste in my mouth.

Ashtray Maze was the shit, was that
Poets of the Fall in there I heard? If so they basically got the entire Remedy gang back for this game, loved it.

Duxxy3

Oct 27, 2017
USA
Completed it earlier, kind of just rushed through the last few missions as, despite how awesome the combat was up until the mid way point, I just found myself doing the same thing over and over and it felt a bit stale. Got tired of the collectables as there were just far too many of them and pausing to read them was just breaking the flow of progression. Also not a fan of constant mod pickups ..... especially when im near end game and still being given level 1/2 mods so I have to keep cleaning house of junk collected.

About half way I stopped doing side quests as they were just getting in the way, but seeing as the main game is over I will go back to do them, some sound interesting.

Overall I liked it, the combat was insane to start off with and every power feels slick, just ran out of steam a bit toward the end. Story was cool and kept me going but I did not fancy diving into all those collectables to find the finer details. Graphics are fucking bonkers cannot knock them one bit, its top tier. Still not a fan of many games taking on the loot and levelling style stuff, previous game I played was the new Wolfenstein which was the same, and left a bad taste in my mouth.

Ashtray Maze was the shit, was that
Poets of the Fall in there I heard? If so they basically got the entire Remedy gang back for this game, loved it.

Of course it was.

Mejilan

Oct 27, 2017
Nobody knew her name. But she turned up just the same. There was a knock on the door, a thump on the floor, and the party turned insane, as she called out her naaaaaame. Naaaaaaaaame! And she walked in looking like DYNAMITE! She said, "now come along and boogaloo through the night!" And by the way she's moving, well DYNAMITE! Might she not, with all she's got! She's got the whole town lighting up DYNAMITE! Nobody quite knowing what to do, wrong or right! But they all know Jesse is DYNAMITE! They're right!

Psychotron

Oct 26, 2017
Self-Reflection quest reward. Head to the Synchronicity lab once you have Level 6 access and prepare yourself for the best boss fight this game has to offer imo.

The outfit is actually displayed on one of the display/containment rooms in there, you have to pick it up after finishing the quest.

Just did this. That was an awesome mission!

Egocrata

Aug 31, 2019
Nobody knew her name. But she turned up just the same. There was a knock on the door, a thump on the floor, and the party turned insane, as she called out her naaaaaame. Naaaaaaaaame! And she walked in looking like DYNAMITE! She said, "now come along and boogaloo through the night!" And by the way she's moving, well DYNAMITE! Might she not, with all she's got! She's got the whole town lighting up DYNAMITE! Nobody quite knowing what to do, wrong or right! But they all know Jesse is DYNAMITE! They're right!
By far my favorite moment of the game, tied with the Ashtray Maze. The guy that plays Darling is just perfect.

SofNascimento

cursed
Oct 28, 2017
São Paulo - Brazil
I've only been able to play a little of this game this past days but everytime I do I'm instantly reminded why I love it so much. There is such an... elegance to this game and to Jesse's character. I feel like half of me is playing the game and the other half is just watching in admiration.

Hopefully the future is bright for this game and IP.

Ascenion

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Mecklenburg-Strelitz
Anybody got the patch on Xbox? I'm noticing that I still can't upgrade any weapons to max level and at this point I'm kinda just done. I really don't feel like restarting and I don't want to go into DLC with a glitched save.

Mr Delabee

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Anybody got the patch on Xbox? I'm noticing that I still can't upgrade any weapons to max level and at this point I'm kinda just done. I really don't feel like restarting and I don't want to go into DLC with a glitched save.

I had one weapon that was stuck on level 1, after the update I collected some materials using the gun and went to an upgrade zone and could finally upgrade.

Maybe try equipping the guns, shooting some enemies, collect some materials and then try to upgrade.

Fjordson

Oct 25, 2017
In the context of the setting and story it makes sense, but man I wish Hiss didn't respawn so much. I'd be more eager to go back and look for collectibles and secrets if I didn't have to fight through so many enemies.

Deleted member 1656

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So-Cal
In the context of the setting and story it makes sense, but man I wish Hiss didn't respawn so much. I'd be more eager to go back and look for collectibles and secrets if I didn't have to fight through so many enemies.
Middle ground: there should be an OoP that grants invisibility/stealth so it's easier for you to run past and away from enemies.

Late Flag

alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This "fridge" is giving me some fits...
Not sure if it helps, but
When he sends those black balls at you, you can grab them and launch them back at him. That does a lot of damage to him. Also, I try to levitate as much as possible when he starts destroying the floor. By that point, though, the fight's already nearly over.

AtmaPhoenix

Oct 25, 2017
The Internet
Question about going for the Platinum: if I do all the sidequests, will I make enough ability points to get all the skills? Or do I need to grind and repeat some missions?

Secretofmateria

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Where is the update for xbox one and pc? This is ridiculous

edit: nvm it updated just did it over night

Last edited:

GrrImAFridge

ONE THOUSAND DOLLARYDOOS
Oct 25, 2017
Western Australia
Question about going for the Platinum: if I do all the sidequests, will I make enough ability points to get all the skills? Or do I need to grind and repeat some missions?

You can't repeat main or side-missions. The only other source of ability points is hidden areas.

Where is the update for xbox one and pc? This is ridiculous

The PC version was patched not all that long after the PS4 patch went live.

Egida

Oct 27, 2017
I found I needed to find all(?) of the secret areas to get enough skill points.
I didn't need to find them all. In fact, I discovered a couple more after getting the Platinum so now I have 2 skill points and nothing to spend them on. It's possible there's even more out there for all I know

Jay Shadow

Oct 28, 2017
I didn't need to find them all. In fact, I discovered a couple more after getting the Platinum so now I have 2 skill points and nothing to spend them on. It's possible there's even more out there for all I know
I mentioned a few pages back I have 14 with nothing to spend them on. So there's a lot of skill points out there.

Nov 2, 2017
I'm going back through the game a second time, and I can't believe how many things I missed!

Because of that, I didn't have enough money/points to unlock all the weapons and skills (just got Pierce and it's badass!). I've already got launched maxed out and I'm not even half-way through this play through. I didn't max out launch until I was almost at the end of the game on my first run.

And I also found a bunch of sidequests I missed. Most notably the one in the Synchronicity sector and the other one in the Sensory Deprivation lab.

And I'm having just as much fun the second time around as I did the first. Kudos to the team at Remedy for making an amazing game!