sym30l1c

Oct 25, 2017
I really wish you could go through Ashtray maze again without having to repeat the whole mission. That sequence is one of the best I've ever experienced in games.

Egida

Oct 27, 2017
Just beat it. Final fight(s) felt like they were thinking "You know, let's get all those people who have reached the end and have some good faith on our game to hate it!". Soo boring, bland and unnecessary long.

Ashtray maze was fucking amazing tho.

I'd give this game a 8/10, very good, but you can't avoid the feeling that it could have been so much better.

Soriku

Nov 12, 2017
Just wondering, is the PS4 day one dlc (suit, mods etc) worthwhile at all or just throwaway content?

Savinowned

Oct 25, 2017
Nashville, TN
I played my Xbox One X tonight for a few minutes and it was better. Still chugs a bit after pausing but I think that is a good bit smoother than it was yesterday too.

Deleted member 11976

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I really wish you could go through Ashtray maze again without having to repeat the whole mission. That sequence is one of the best I've ever experienced in games.
Word. I'd put it up there with Titanfall 2's Assembly Plant mission, because of the clever ways it disorients you, while managing to be super clear and readable at the same time. It's not easy to design a level like that.

low-G

Oct 25, 2017
I believe in you low-G

I failed that boss many times, I don't think it is random. If you press Launch for a longer time he will evade almost 99%. Trick is to get something from behind or adjacent to launch at him and press Launch lightly (lightly so she doesn't concentrate the object).

F* that invisible thing. Without that the boss would have been too easy.

Since people were advising attacking from up above I did that and it actually was super easy. The invisible thing couldn't get up there, which was pretty much the whole problem.

Psychotron

Oct 26, 2017
Need some impressions on the perfomance got X and PC now that the patch is out.

Still has two to three second major slowdown after unpausing, slight stutter when picking up collectibles and leaving the map open while moving still makes it choppy. That said, having lots of enemies on screen at the same time doesn't seem to be causing the sustained dips anymore. It's not perfect but I'm okay with how it runs now, given everything the game is doing. I'm on XB1X.

Maligna

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Since people were advising attacking from up above I did that and it actually was super easy. The invisible thing couldn't get up there, which was pretty much the whole problem.

They were able to get up there for me. It just took then longer. But once they are up there it's easy to take them out because they can only approach or run away in a straight line on the walkway.

Deleted member 11976

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
My first platinum is in the bank.

Excited for the post-launch content.

The Hideo Kojima mission was
kind of a letdown... and super short.

Hawk269

Oct 26, 2017
Looks like the patch on Xbox is up. Just prompted me to install a 2.41 gig update.

Thanks! Finally! I shelved t the game on "X" not due to issues but because I really hate film grain and wanted to play the game without it. Unfortunately I have work for a the next few days. Any on the "X' can report how it is after the patch without film grain/motion blur?

Lima

Oct 26, 2017
Man Ashtray maze was amazing. Everything after that was kind of a letdown I guess? Very anticlimactic ending and felt more like a setup for the DLC.

Chitown B

Nov 15, 2017
patch for X1 didn't seem to give me any Pierce upgrade options, or level 3 upgrades.

waiting for map pop-in has not improved.

EatChildren

Wonder from Down Under
Oct 27, 2017
Control's soundtrack might be my favourite of the year. It's a sublime, deeply atmospheric blend of brooding synth and methodical beats. The synth is so rich and alien, giving the environments this unusual dichotomy of open emptiness and hard geometry oddly lived in with alien energies. It's very spacious, but filled with the unknown. And the drum samples perfectly ramp up the intensity of combat.

It's really, really fucking good.

mcwizardry

Oct 25, 2017
Has anyone tried to access the
Kojima easter egg
in the Extrasensory Lab after the story ended? It doesn't seem to work.

Mr Delabee

Oct 25, 2017
UK
patch for X1 didn't seem to give me any Pierce upgrade options, or level 3 upgrades.

waiting for map pop-in has not improved.

It was the same with me until I equipped Pierce, I ran around shot some hiss, picked up some mods/material and went back to a control point, it was now available to upgrade on the astral construct menu.

striderno9

The Fallen
Oct 31, 2017
New York, NY
Finished the game last weekend and enjoyed myself. The ending was a bit underwhelming but I'm looking forward to going back and tying up some loose ends.

Egida

Oct 27, 2017
What's that you got there, random mod system? Another mod for the shotgun? That weapon I've never used? Well, fuck you too, random mod system.

Zealuu

Feb 13, 2018
Ok, I'm stumped, question time

On a side mission called The Enemy Within I'm supposed to deal with an Altered Object inside a shelter. I've found the shelter, Jesse confirms it's the one, but inside the Shelter, before I find anything interesting, there's a huge gap that I can't jump, and I can't see a way around it. Am I missing something? Is there a high jump skill or something I should have had?

Main Story-wise I'm supposed to go to the Panopticon (Containment).

ascagnel

Mar 29, 2018
Does anyone know how to beat the anchor? I went there twice and got torched.
When the mouth is pointed at a platform, throw something at it. It'll hit each platform in turn (skipping one after a hit, I think); it'll be easiest if you move a few platforms ahead to take out the smaller enemies and prep a throw before it starts spitting clocks. I was able to get it my second try (my first try ended up with me levitating into the pit in the middle).

striderno9

The Fallen
Oct 31, 2017
New York, NY
You can cheese it by using levitate and putting yourself at an angle where you can throw the clocks at the mouth and it cannot hit you.
You can cheese it by using levitate and putting yourself at an angle where you can throw the clocks at the mouth and it cannot hit you.
any time you run into issues with a boss, 99999.9% of the time, you're not throwing things enough. throw often. don't shoot; throw.

Thank you all, I will try this tonight.

Addleburg

The Fallen
Nov 16, 2017
I have a question about one of the motel sections. I just need confirmation that it's not a glitch, and I'll be good.

I'm at the mission where I'm trying to find the janitor. I'm in the motel that has a radio at the front desk that has dialogue in a foreign language playing. There's monster in Room #1. The other two rooms have radios that are blaring static. I've already adjusted all the radios in the second and third rooms so they're all playing the same radio chatter, thus killing the monster in Room #1. When I go to Room #1, I pick up the key. But from there, I'm unable to actually use the key on the room with the black triangle you'd normally open. There's no input prompt or anything.

Is there something else I'm missing, or this a bug? If it's the former, don't reveal the answer, please. I just wanna know where I stand. Thanks!

ascagnel

Mar 29, 2018
I have a question about one of the motel sections. I just need confirmation that it's not a glitch, and I'll be good.

I'm at the mission where I'm trying to find the janitor. I'm in the motel that has a radio at the front desk that has dialogue in a foreign language playing. There's monster in Room #1. The other two rooms have radios that are blaring static. I've already adjusted all the radios in the second and third rooms so they're all playing the same radio chatter, thus killing the monster in Room #1. When I go to Room #1, I pick up the key. But from there, I'm unable to actually use the key on the room with the black triangle you'd normally open. There's no input prompt or anything.

Is there something else I'm missing, or this a bug? If it's the former, don't reveal the answer, please. I just wanna know where I stand. Thanks!

It's not a bug. Here's a hint:

Janitors don't hang out in guest rooms; they usually have their own spaces in hotels.

Pakesaker

Oct 25, 2017
Omaha, NE
I played some more last night on PC and whenever a new quest or side quest pops up it says "hold G to track" but when I do nothing happens. There isn't a keybind for this action and nothing shows bound to G so I don't know what to do. I have to manually go into the menu to switch quests.

Any ideas? Has anyone else had this problem?

Neuromancer

Fallen Guardian
Oct 27, 2017
Baltimore

Keep trying everything in the motel. It's not a bug.