• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

noquarter

Oct 25, 2017
Why? She had absolutely no reason to attrubute the quote to Hitler. No one would have called her on plagarizing Hitler if she just said "We cam control the fate of the countru if we get the youth vote."

But I guess using a plain whitsle instead of a dog whitsle will ensure more people hear it.

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
It's a valid point but why bring up Hitler at all... 🤔
That's the thing. Obviously Hitler was right about some tactical things or he would not have been successful. But of all the people in human history, she decided to bring up Hitler as a positive example. And even with that, she still chose a pretty ominous Hitler tactic to use as an example.

a916

Oct 25, 2017
What kind of moron thinks that, I know, I'll grab this Hitler reference for some stupid ass fucking reason.

Seriously, there's countless quotes from famous people that aren't completely evil, that have talked about the youth being our future and they said the crazy part out loud.

Thorrgal

Oct 26, 2017
"Whoever has the youth has the future" is Hitler's quote on the OP for those that can't watch the video

Oct 25, 2017
You can easily make that point without uttering the words "Hitler was right" but we know why she felt it was necessary

Nall

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe she just means Hitler was right, as in politically right leaning.

Mona

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
She's not technically wrong, but to invoke his name instead of someone ele to make the point is fucked

Keasar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Umeå, Sweden
Maybe she meant when Hitler said that grass was green.

Out of ALL the people in the history of civilization to quote from however....YIKES.

a916

Oct 25, 2017
That she had to bring up Hitler to make a point that didn't need Hitler being brought up shows you exactly what she is.

I'm not from America, so I'm so far removed from the deep red counties... but what the fuck is up with this obsession over Hitler, Confederate flags, and Nazi imagery and flags? Do they know who their grand parents fought in WW2?

Deleted member 8257

Oct 26, 2017
tenor.gif

The Dink

Oct 28, 2017
Like...if your message is "the children are our future" Whitney Houston is right there.

maigret

Jun 28, 2018
In the video she is not implying "the children are our future" (a meaningless bromide) but in fact "children need to be indoctrinated" which is a core principle of authoritarianism, hence the "Hitler was right" part.

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I'm not from America, so I'm so far removed from the deep red counties... but what the fuck is up with this obsession over Hitler, Confederate flags, and Nazi imagery and flags? Do they know who their grand parents fought in WW2?

There was a lot of Nazis in America before the war and no doubt after. Hitler was even very impressed and influenced by America's segregation of black people.

EllipsisBreak

One Winged Slayer
Aug 6, 2019
Basically: "I want to make a point about the importance of the youth. How should I say that? Oh, I have an idea! I'll bring up Hitler!"

This is not a normal thought process. No one would think of that unless they already had Hitler on their mind.

thermopyle

Nov 8, 2017
Los Angeles, CA

It's always been there. Hell, Hitler and the Nazis were fucking inspired /admired how fucking racist the US was lol

SilkySm00th

Oct 31, 2017
The internet better do it's motherfuckin job and make sure this shit follows her for the rest of her godamned life.

These fuckin people.

Lakeside

Oct 25, 2017
Someone on Twitter said she could have made the same point by quoting Whitney Houston, but Hitler... staying true to form.

CallMeShaft

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A broken clock is right twice a day.

Bigger issue is who the hell is thinking of Hitler on a consistent basis in 2021? Answer: Nazi.

Wag

Nov 3, 2017
Why aren't they being arrested? This is ridiculous. I bet plenty of them are carrying firearms.

Oghuz

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
In a normal country this would end her political career. Let's see what happens in the USA.