• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Who is Peter Parkers (Spider-Man) best romantic partner?

• Felicia Hardy (Black Cat)

Votes: 31 51.7%
  • Gwen Stacy (Vanilla version)

Votes: 19 31.7%
  • Carlie Cooper (Non Goblin version)

Votes: 6 10.0%
  • Bobbi Morse (Mockingbird)

Votes: 4 6.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tyrant Rave

Has A Pretty Cool Jacket
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not gonna be completely gloom and doom over the Comixology changes but I also recognize I'm a bit fortunate being in the US on that front. Plus I've slowed down a lot of my purchases over time.. I've eased up a lot on bulk buying for example. But most of the changes are very unfortunate.

THErest

Oct 25, 2017
So I read on the app. Are they really going to replace it with an inferior reader on the app side as well???

Mars People

Comics Council 2020
Oct 25, 2017
I don't get why there is still n o Comixology Unlimited outside of the US.
Between that and DC Universe Infinite being region locked as well, it super sucks for people outside of the US.
I just don't get it.

Li Kao

Oct 25, 2017
I don't get why there is still n o Comixology Unlimited outside of the US.
Between that and DC Universe Infinite being region locked as well, it super sucks for people outside of the US.
I just don't get it.
Pretty sure the issue lies with local publishers translating these books, like with manga. I'm certain they don't look kindly on what they must see as a competing product.
Brave new world.

Reminds me of the day when The Bojeffries Saga just disappeared from Comixology for us French plebs. An error page, not even honest.

Deathglobe

Oct 25, 2017
Florida
I didn't really want to make a post topic but comic app panels for iOS is bringing sub stack comic integration

on.substack.com

Substack comics on the Panels app

If a picture is worth a thousand words, we’re increasing the character limit. The beautiful work of comics creators will soon be available on Panels, the leading iOS comic reader app.

Li Kao

Oct 25, 2017
Fuck me and fuck my ocd. I was already one year late and I just impulse added Avengers 32 to now and Fantastic Four / Daredevil / Guardians since the beginning of their current run.
I swear someday this will make me stop reading comics for good, I just can't have a healthy reading pile.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Amazon's Kindle Storefront is so screwed up because its set up for their tablet customers. I cancelled my CMXU sub this morning.

Going all physical collected editions once the comixology website goes away.

Who is this QANON Shaman lol? Never heard of this person until today, but its like all over twitter.

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

I am leaving this community!
Oct 25, 2017
I don't want any newsletters free or otherwise. I get enough junk mail

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
Amazon did this with their music app a while ago, too. It used to be solid and you could buy music through the app, but then it just started redirecting to the Amazon website.

Why is Amazon so determined to make their customer experience dog shit?

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
To be clear, dont support piracy. I buy all my spawn books.
odd-taxi-oddtaxi-dance-fight.gif

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Im sure its because some asshole in corporate thinks that if the comixology website goes away and all its users are on Amazon.com instead, they might buy something else while they are there.

Also the contract stuff that they screw with on the back end with publishers.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Now I wonder if Scott Snyder knew about this when he signed that deal with Comixology/Amazon.

Were there any devices where you could actually purchase the books from the Comixology app? Like on iPhones, you cant purchase books because of the Apple tax.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
Im sure its because some asshole in corporate thinks that if the comixology website goes away and all its users are on Amazon.com instead, they might buy something else while they are there.

Also the contract stuff that they screw with on the back end with publishers.
Given that the same thing happened a few months back with the Amazon Music app, I'm of the opinion that this is all to curb in-app purchases to make things more convenient for parents, even if it inconveniences everyone else.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
When I was a young 6th grader in catholic school, Spawn was a badass. I mean the whole hellspawn fighting against angels and demons with big guns thing.

the one with the boob window is Powergirl

Last edited:

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Looks like Mark Brooks is working on some sort of amazing fantasy creator owned thing

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
I am starting to wonder. I will not go back to buying physical single issues.
Same. I mean, I don't read nearly as many books as I used to but there's no way this won't impact the number of books I buy if I have to click through purchasing each one individually. Fuck. Off. If anything, it gives me more time to reconsider each book as opposed to being able to fill my cart and bulk purchase.

Status
Not open for further replies.