• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Who is Peter Parkers (Spider-Man) best romantic partner?

• Felicia Hardy (Black Cat)

Votes: 31 51.7%
  • Gwen Stacy (Vanilla version)

Votes: 19 31.7%
  • Carlie Cooper (Non Goblin version)

Votes: 6 10.0%
  • Bobbi Morse (Mockingbird)

Votes: 4 6.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mars People

Comics Council 2020
Oct 25, 2017
Just saw the preview pages for Amazing Spider-Man #73. Obviously another fake-out, but I'm fucking laughing.
Oh boy let me go see.

Edit : Lol what?
Is this a fakeout again or are we really going full Sins Past?

To be honest i'm starting to think Kindred might be a composite entity formed from all the Spider characters lost? when OMD happened.

Duane

Unshakable Resolve
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I mean yeah it's fine to homage shit but if he did it over and over and over then it stops being an homage, it's using someone else's work to get your point across as a crutch.

Yeah, there's no end to that. If you google image search "Liefield swipe file" it's insane how much there is.

KeithM

Jan 15, 2020
This feels like a misread of where Tynion's career was always going. Tynion felt special when he started on Talon back in 2013. When he was tapped to do Detective it was obvious he had the kind of bold vision that could take DC to the next level. His work on Justice League Dark said the same thing. He had big ideas and great character work and that's a combination that's always worked. Tynion is the closest thing DC's had to Grant Morrison and Geoff Johns in a long time, and I have no doubt eventually he would have gone on to be the DC architect had he stayed.

His Batman is a bit annoying in some ways because of the Joker War and him leaving way too soon, but it also has the kind of vision I'd expect from someone doing an entirely new era of Batman.
Yeah, maybe. I didn't really care for Talon so maybe that colored my initial impression of him. I mean, I'm happy to have been proven wrong.

Fwiw though, I don't think bold vision and big ideas always mean someone rises to that upper echelon. A lot of brilliant writers just don't get tapped for that "architect" level position (or just choose not to pursue it). The fact that Si Spurrier isn't on a high-profile book is a crime. Like, after the massive success of Immortal Hulk, it'll be interesting to see if Marvel lets Ewing do something massive. I think they should, but I won't be surprised if they don't.

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

I am leaving this community!
Oct 25, 2017
Phanphare got taken out by the moderation snipers. I blame Slayven he's always wanted to take the comics community from me so now he's eliminating my collaborators. Watch out Tyrant Rave and Freezasaurus... I guess

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
smh can't believe Ewing didn't call this out earlier when he was under contract at a company that has never given a shit in its life. If he, the person who is sorta adjacent, does not rise up to be a hero then he is complicit and as guilty.

So problematic.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Phanphare got taken out by the moderation snipers. I blame Slayven he's always wanted to take the comics community from me so now he's eliminating my collaborators. Watch out Tyrant Rave and Freezasaurus... I guess
I mean yeah phanphare was completely wrong to call a comparison to the Taliban "Islamophobia" but I think the broader point, that we ascribe foreign influence to things that are happening in the States, is relevant.

Like if the States pulled the same online censorship as what's going on in China, that wouldn't suddenly mean "smh America is being like China!" it'd mean two countries are engaging in the same kind of behaviour, but we're treating the States doing it as a moral failing to be expected from other countries.

Then of course there's the mucking around that happens when groups within a country be they military or government get conflated with the population of the country itself, and that's something I fall victim to a lot, I think.

Mars People

Comics Council 2020
Oct 25, 2017

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I put up with you people enough here, I can't imagine doing it on a site where it's harder to pull receipts.

Discord is for when I need to annoy Buttzerker with my Taskmaster hot takes. I found out recently he likes the Van Lente mini more than the McKay mini. I was devastated.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
At least it looks like Inferno is going to touch on all the storylines that people care about. Just hope its a satisfying conclusion lol.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Just wrap up the Mystique / Destiny storyline so I can fucking hit eject like Hickman did.
Yes, but I also really want to know whats up with Orchis and Nimrod. Inferno looks like its going to hit on both, while also bringing in the Moira stuff.

I would have liked to have seen more Orchis in one of the X books. Its a great new villain, like an evil human loving SHIELD. I guess the question is, what is left after Hickman wraps up these stories lol?

Plasticine

Oct 25, 2017
Received the Hellblazer Omnibus by Garth Ennis earlier today. I have The Sandman and Swamp Thing Absolutes, but this is my very first omnibus. Based on the heft and size of those Absolutes, I thought I'd know what to expect when I got this thing in hand. I was not prepared. Just an absolute beast of a book. I own a six volume hardcover box set version of Clive Barker's Books of Blood, and this single volume might weigh more than that set. While massive, it's also quite beautiful. They made great use of Glenn Fabry's covers throughout the design, and the interior art looks wonderful in this format. I'm overall very impressed by the book, and wish more Vertigo stuff was available in this form. I definitely want to get the Grant Morrison Doom Patrol Omnibus next.

R0b1n

Jun 29, 2018
I guess the question is, what is left after Hickman wraps up these stories lol?
The individual plot lines that don't actually have anything to do with whatever Hickman is cooking up. As you said, ORCHIS isn't a thing in most of the books, and neither is the mystique destiny plot line

crimsonECHIDNA

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
So at this point, my theory with Kindred is reverting back to

It being the Stacy Twins, with Gabe posing as Harry and Sarah as Gwen.

Oct 29, 2017
I wonder if those super AIs from the future (Dominions?) are going to show up in Inferno, kinda lame if Hickman doesn't even get to them before leaving.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Finally watched Dawn and War for the Planet of the Apes for the first time.

Pretty sure Dave Butista is playing the voice of caeser in the 3rd one

bluexy

Comics Enabler & Freelance Games Journalist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Received the Hellblazer Omnibus by Garth Ennis earlier today. I have The Sandman and Swamp Thing Absolutes, but this is my very first omnibus. Based on the heft and size of those Absolutes, I thought I'd know what to expect when I got this thing in hand. I was not prepared. Just an absolute beast of a book. I own a six volume hardcover box set version of Clive Barker's Books of Blood, and this single volume might weigh more than that set. While massive, it's also quite beautiful. They made great use of Glenn Fabry's covers throughout the design, and the interior art looks wonderful in this format. I'm overall very impressed by the book, and wish more Vertigo stuff was available in this form. I definitely want to get the Grant Morrison Doom Patrol Omnibus next.
ONE OF US, ONE OF US

grats on the omnibus, dude! that's a great one, too!

Porl

Nov 6, 2017
The individual plot lines that don't actually have anything to do with whatever Hickman is cooking up. As you said, ORCHIS isn't a thing in most of the books, and neither is the mystique destiny plot line
Ewing and Spurrier are gonna be the ones developing Orchis after Hickman leaves

Sargerus

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Oh boy let me go see.

Edit : Lol what?
Is this a fakeout again or are we really going full Sins Past?

To be honest i'm starting to think Kindred might be a composite entity formed from all the Spider characters lost? when OMD happened.
Maybe that's why Kindred jacket kept changing colors?

hipsterpants

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I think the big thing Kindred will be going for is how Peter made a deal with Mephisto to save Aunt May, but all those other people died and he did nothing. Add the fresh new retcon that Harry got doomed to hell by a Mephisto deal and it would make sense of why he's so mad.

May 24, 2019
Kindred was us all along.

edit: Or Grover
NJ6dkiS.jpg

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
lolol, the end to War for the Planet of the Apes has to be a joke right? All of the remaining humans end up getting killed by a random avalanche in the last 10 minutes.

May 24, 2019
You should watch the original movie's sequels. They're crazy.

Movie 2: Hidden nuclear mutant human society underground.
Movie 3: A smart ape family timetravels back to the 70's to make a new timeline.
Movie 4: In futuristic totalitarian human society apes are slaves and the grown up smart baby of the 70s time travel apes starts a violent uprising (this movie rocks.)
Movie 5: Further in the future Apes have taken over and humans wage their last battles before we've looped back to the first movie again. (this movie blows)

Last edited:

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Just got to the Batman: The Brave and the Bold episode that had Wonder Woman in the Cold Open.

Batman (on Steve Trevor): "What does she see in that man?"

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Im wondering about them relying so much on the rings for the MCU feel for Shang Chi's power.

Like Iron Fist would be easier to do the normal martial arts and still make it fit in the MCU by showing the glowing Iron Fist power. But for Shang Chi they had to do something to make his powerset mesh with the other heroes.

Still want to see it though. Wonder if they use any of the Mi6 stuff.

BWoog

Oct 27, 2017
I'm sad Hickman is leaving X-Men so soon, his runs on FF and Avengers felt like they went on for quite awhile.

Plasticine

Oct 25, 2017
ONE OF US, ONE OF US

grats on the omnibus, dude! that's a great one, too!

Thanks! Based on how pleased I am with the book, it's not going to be my last! Other than Doom Patrol I'm interested in The Invisibles, Books of Magic and the Nancy A. Collins Swamp Thing. I saw the two Preacher volumes, but I'd prefer the Absolute Editions for that series. But based on the price for these things, that will probably take a while.

Li Kao

Oct 25, 2017
How was Moon Knight by Ellis ? And by Lemire ?
Asking for a friend, I wouldn't be stupid enough to add anything to my plate right now.
Obviously.

Status
Not open for further replies.