Votes: 13 22.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
I'll be honest, I was too lazy to read the posts when big gleb first showed up and now I'm 100% confused by him. He is big. He is small. He has takes. He is Spanish.

This is all I know.
He created that new girl with the skull face paint thats going to be in Robin. And Messi really likes it. Her name's Flatline.

ym94t9uoj3c61.jpg

Robin is like the 2nd big book Gleb has worked on, after Angel for BOOM!.

Just a funny comic artist on twitter.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
Does a run usually have a defined number of issues ? I'm interested in Batman DD by Mariko and Harley Quinn by Stephanie Phillips but I'm not interested in getting single issues. How long would it be until a TPB will be available ?
If it's a mini-run then they tend to announce the amount of issues but if it's an on-going then it might just go on until it gets cancelled or the writer leaves. A trade usually has 5-6 issues so it's a bit over six months before one trade comes out.

SeanShards

Oct 25, 2017
Does a run usually have a defined number of issues ? I'm interested in Batman DD by Mariko and Harley Quinn by Stephanie Phillips but I'm not interested in getting single issues. How long would it be until a TPB will be available ?

Generally it's six issues per standard trade, tho it can fluctuate from 4-8 issues depending on publisher and format. DC definitely tends to be around six.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

They're both limited series (I think) so you wait till they're done and then within a few months the collection will be out. Ongoings same deets only it's ever 4 - 7 issues getting collected and releasing a bit after the last issues to be collected comes out.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
Well, trades are usually released by story arcs. Which are generally 4 to 6 issues, with the trade being released when those are all finished. A run by a certain creative team can last for multiple story arcs.

Ballpark? You'd be looking at a 6-month wait before the first trade of the new Harley run is released.

Deleted member 48201

User requested account closure
Banned
Sep 29, 2018
They're both limited series (I think) so you wait till they're done and then within a few months the collection will be out. Ongoings same deets only it's ever 4 - 7 issues getting collected and releasing a bit after the last issues to be collected comes out.
If it's a mini-run then they tend to announce the amount of issues but if it's an on-going then it might just go on until it gets cancelled or the writer leaves. A trade usually has 5-6 issues so it's a bit over six months before one trade comes out.
Generally it's six issues per standard trade, tho it can fluctuate from 4-8 issues depending on publisher and format. DC definitely tends to be around six.
Well, trades are usually released by story arcs. Which are generally 4 to 6 issues, with the trade being released when those are all finished. A run by a certain creative team can last for multiple story arcs.

Ballpark? You'd be looking at a 6-month wait before the first trade of the new Harley run is released.

Thanks. So it's going to be a while. Good thing that I have plenty to read until then.

Just finished Batman Vol 1 I am Gotham but I didn't really enjoy it. Does it get better?

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
OP
OP
Messi

Messi

I am leaving this community!
Oct 25, 2017

You are looking at like 8-9 months until the trade.

Harley Quinn is an ongoing.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
Trades should release each month.

If Japan can do 4 chapters a month then why can't America!? BIDEN HELLO???? 😡

BKatastrophe

Oct 28, 2017
every book should have mysteries that take 100 issues to solve tbh
It depends on the focus. The point of The First Victim's was that he was a result of Batman's ignorance of the damage he's done. That Batman believes he's only the hero and has never created any damage himself. That only his villains have created victims, so the identity of his own victim torments him because all the skills and abilities he has have amounted to nothing, and we identify with Batman. So really, us never learning his identity is perfect. You can throw that kind of mystery in the background for his own character.

On the other hand, it annoys me to no end because I'm curious.

hipsterpants

Oct 25, 2017
He created that new girl with the skull face paint thats going to be in Robin. And Messi really likes it. Her name's Flatline.

ym94t9uoj3c61.jpg

Robin is like the 2nd big book Gleb has worked on, after Angel for BOOM!.

Just a funny comic artist on twitter.

massive missed opportunity having her debut issue be in may. we can't have flatline month when it's yara month instead.

Porl

Nov 6, 2017
I didn't read his Iron Fist but it was probably just an 80's martial arts film baked into comic form. He's not the deepest writer, but he's a fun writer who understands character and pacing.
Oh absolutely. I mean, the first arc was straight up a martial arts tournament with some weird-ass characters you'll never see again. I can't remember the following stuff but it was pretty dang fun

May 24, 2019
They're both limited series (I think)

I assume they meant Mariko Tamaki's Detective and the next HQ, which are ongoing.

Edit: oh DD meaning Dark Dark Detective? That was the Future State four issue mini, Hanzo. And FS:Harley was two issues.
Those are being collected with other related FS minis, but both writers are continuing into new ongoing series this week. Detective Comics and Harley Quinn #1.

Last edited:

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017

lol. The new show by the Big Bang people. Looks deep.

The main character is a translator from Afghanistan that the guy brought home with him after the war.

Last edited:

Creamium

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
Finished Sandman a while ago, still have to read the last volume with all the standalones. Then looked at some of the art in Overture and damn... looks amazing. Was surprised I could still order the Absolute someplace and immediately pulled the trigger.

But overall really impressed with the series. My favorite line of the finale was Abel saying Morpheus didn't die, but only a point of view did. He sort of committed suicide so he could be reborn as an improved version of himself. My one disappointment was the art in Kindly Ones, but luckily The Wake had these sweeping and gorgeous paintings to make up for it. I do think this is a series that only gets better as you reread it, or when you're more familiar with some of the classic lit like Shakespeare.

lol. The new show by the Big Bang people. Looks deep.

The main character is the Afghan translator that the guy brought home with him after the war.

Nooo Schrader what is you doing. And holy shit that looks bad

whatsinaname

Oct 25, 2017
I do think this is a series that only gets better as you reread it, or when you're more familiar with some of the classic lit like Shakespeare.

Fore sure. It is definitely my favourite comic ever and every few year when I re-read it, I find something new to appreciate cause I have more context from having learned more outside of it.

bluexy

Comics Enabler & Freelance Games Journalist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Finished Sandman a while ago, still have to read the last volume with all the standalones. Then looked at some of the art in Overture and damn... looks amazing. Was surprised I could still order the Absolute someplace and immediately pulled the trigger.

But overall really impressed with the series. My favorite line of the finale was Abel saying Morpheus didn't die, but only a point of view did. He sort of committed suicide so he could be reborn as an improved version of himself. My one disappointment was the art in Kindly Ones, but luckily The Wake had these sweeping and gorgeous paintings to make up for it. I do think this is a series that only gets better as you reread it, or when you're more familiar with some of the classic lit like Shakespeare.

right on, cream. pretty consistent thoughts with most sandman fans re: the art in kindly ones + the wake + overture. really glad you enjoyed it! it's one of those series I love so much where I hope everyone has as good of an experience with it as i did.

Deleted member 48201

User requested account closure
Banned
Sep 29, 2018
I assume they meant Mariko Tamaki's Detective and the next HQ, which are ongoing.

Edit: oh DD meaning Dark Dark Detective? That was the Future State four issue mini, Hanzo. And FS:Harley was two issues.
Those are being collected with other related FS minis, but both writers are continuing into new ongoing series this week. Detective Comics and Harley Quinn #1.
I meant the Batman Detective Comics and and HQ #1. I got the names mixed up.

I hope they are as good as the FS ones. They shouldn't have made FS a limited series.

Last edited:

Vordan

Aug 12, 2018
Anyone see this Marvel vs DC bracket from usatoday? I thought it was completely insane.

marvel-dc-bracket-FINAL.png
Huh shocked Supes beat Bats. Maybe "preptime" meme isn't as well known as I thought? Wanda is a reality warper so yeah I don't have any problem with her being able to beat him. Of course she definitely won because of Wandavision lol.

Goddamn I remember when my boy Hulk was widely known as"The Strongest One There Is", Infinity War really did a number on his rep and helped boost Thor's.

Sandman has consistently great art except for the most important arc in the entire damn story. Sucks how that ended up, but at least the Wake is gorgeous like you said.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
I got some good stuff today, not sure what to read first.

Chainsaw man 3!?

Hell's Paradise 4!?

X of Swords!?

Tyrion Lannister's Joker War!?

Creamium

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
right on, cream. pretty consistent thoughts with most sandman fans re: the art in kindly ones + the wake + overture. really glad you enjoyed it! it's one of those series I love so much where I hope everyone has as good of an experience with it as i did.
I'm glad I still have Overture to look forward to now, just looking at some of the page layouts I think it's the best art yet.

My favorite panel of the series is definitely this

wffIPqs.jpg

Astro Cat

Mar 29, 2019
This reminds me I still have Sandman:Overture to read. I read the first issue when I bought the hardcover after it first came out but aside from the beautiful art it's been years since I finished the series and I can't remember anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.