Status
Not open for further replies.

Sephzilla

Herald of Stoptimus Crime
Oct 25, 2017
Anime is trash, but can you really say it's a mistake?

VmDMD5.gif

Okay yeah it is
drinking-vodka.gif

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
Oooh, Johnny Storm is back.

I love Annihilus.
Not relevant but who didn't predict Johnny was the one to die

I was on cbr on the time and it seems the common consensus was Johnny was going to be the one
Yeah, that whole era was a mess, IMO, for Superman. Batman and Aquaman thrived during New 52, but so many other characters languished. Luckily Superman has been handled so much better in Rebirth, as have many of the characters.
I will say GL continues to be green lantern because Geoff johns was able to do whar he wants but basically ignoring that new 52 happened like Batman books did

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017
I know perfect timing, but I just started getting into comics.

I'm not in a rush or anything, but I decided to start at Flashpoint. I've now finished that and will probably just go in order with all of the side books before New 52, and then finally Rebirth.

As an extra thing I did end up reading "The Killing Joke", and "Superman: Secret Origin" both of which I enjoyed.

If there's anything other extra stories you guys recommend I'm willing to listen.

Also, I kind of want to understand the DC universe before starting Marvel rather than tackling both at the same time solely because I'm already familiar with most of the characters in DC via shows, movies, random comic issues, etc.

DC: The New Frontier by Darwyn Cooke
Kingdom Come by Mark Waid and Alex Ross
Superman Secret Identity by Busiek/Immonen
Superman American Alien by Landis
The Omega Men by Tom King
Starman by James Robinson
JSA by Goyer/Robinson/Johns
Planetary by Ellis/Cassaday
Seven Soldiers of Victory by Morrison
Green Arrow by Grell

There's a few. Top half are mini/maxi-series and bottom half are regular series. There are so many more I could recommend but these are all great.

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
I will say GL continues to be green lantern because Geoff johns was able to do whar he wants but basically ignoring that new 52 happened like Batman books did

That only lasted about two years though. Once Geoff left GL it fell to shit. I don't know how Robert Venditti is killing it on Hal Jordan now, what he did before kinda blew IMO.

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
That only lasted about two years though. Once Geoff left GL it fell to shit. I don't know how Robert Venditti is killing it on Hal Jordan now, what he did before kinda blew IMO.
oh right Vendetti he was great on XO manowar I don't know what happened but I lost interest but Red lanterns was good while Soule was on it and made the Red fun and nuance

Relic was his idea right because that whole thing was such a dumb addition to the lantern mythos

it's always funny to me in new 52 because GL and Batman were the biggest books at dc at the time plus were written by their powerhouses they can just ignore the new 52 happened and just do what they would have done if it didn't happen

Porl

Nov 6, 2017
And if anyone is interested in non-american manga I recommend these two:

20180327_173251.JPG

20180327_173406.JPG

Ugh. Those perverse anime. They're so disgusting! There are just so many of them! Which one? Which one is it?
Eromanga Sensei. If you ever want to torture someone real quick and effectively just make them watch it.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
What do I need to read, when I want some more bachground on Celestials? I am still not 100% sure what they are or how they work. Espescially since I learned now that they have a big connection to Apocalypse.
I have read Earth X, SHIELD and Hickmanns Fantastic Four and would really want to stay the fuck away from Kirby Comics from 1960.

You asked about this earlier and wasnt sure if anyone recommended the Eternals from Gaiman and JRJR. Doesnt seem to be on cmx though lol so you might have to track down a trade or something. Never read it myself, but Im pretty sure its pretty heavily focused on the Celestials.

EDIT: Found the kindle/CMX version on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/Eternals-Nei...swatch_0?_encoding=UTF8&qid=1522166161&sr=8-2

Nova seems to be a damn great book

Which one are you reading atm? DnA's?

Last edited:

Aurica

音楽オタク - Comics Council 2020
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US
What anime is this? Asking for a friend.
I got you covered with my post.
Ugh. Those perverse anime. They're so disgusting! There are just so many of them! Which one? Which one is it?
It's Eromanga Sensei. Eromanga= erotic manga.
And if anyone is interested in non-american manga I recommend these two:

Eromanga Sensei. If you ever want to torture someone real quick and effectively just make them watch it.
I actually can't even push myself to watch recommended anime, so I will avoid this one forever.

Owzers

Oct 26, 2017
Dear new people who accidentally stumble into this thread, please do not judge us on the gifs of some members here. Judge us based on the comics we read...hmm I should have just stopped.

Aurica

音楽オタク - Comics Council 2020
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US
If there are new lurkers intimidated by the thread, please feel free to ask for recommendations for anything. We'll help you out.

I remember that I didn't feel comfortable posting here for a while because I started out in mangagaf, and I felt a lot of hostility. People are actually pretty friendly, though. Many of them are quite helpful.

Canucked

Comics Council 2020 & Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Someone (I think on the old forum) said that Secret Wars 2015 took place in the marvel blow up doll reality, cause of Ribic.

Now go and try and read that without seeing blow up dolls everywhere. It's a riot.

Status
Not open for further replies.