• Not UCF

Votes: 89 39.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Etrian Oddity

Oct 26, 2017
ND's issue is that they get blown out in every major bowl game they're in. So it's a compounding level of bad.
They need to just suck it and join a conference, like the Big Ten. I know they're in the ACC for basketball, but they have zero rivalries in the ACC for football and way more history (and geographic relevance) for the Big Ten.

I hope voters blackball them for several seasons to drive the message home. Notre Dame keeps scheduling cupcake routes for themselves as an independent and coasts on their history/name to get into championship contender status. That shit needs to end NOW.

Sotha_Sil

Nov 4, 2017
Damn impressive performance by Clemson. A great regular season against a very down ACC, but then 30-3 vs #3 and 44-16 vs #1.

Oct 30, 2017
They need to just suck it and join a conference, like the Big Ten. I know they're in the ACC for basketball, but they have zero rivalries in the ACC for football and way more history (and geographic relevance) for the Big Ten.

I hope voters blackball them for several seasons to drive the message home. Notre Dame keeps scheduling cupcake routes for themselves as an independent and coasts on their history/name to get into championship contender status. That shit needs to end NOW.
The highest I would ever put them in a 4 team playoff is 5. Expands to 8? 9. Sorry, but ND shouldn't be rewarded for their awful schedule and no conference champ game. ND goes 12-0 and some many people trip all over themselves to put them in, then they get exposed as frauds. Nope. Leave them out.

Oct 25, 2017
Harvin butt smack is still GOAT

zRy3GGN.gif
Urban Meyer looked like he didn't appreciate that lol.

Hecht

Pushin’ me down, pushin’ me down, pushin’ me down
Administrator
Oct 24, 2017
just catching up on it but 44-16?

lolllllllllllllllllllllllllllllbama

Oct 31, 2017
La La Land
Should have just gone for it with an actual play. I'm not sure Bulovas had a good kick all night, on kickoffs or at the uprights.
That down I could have called for a FG. The last 4th down (where they had Tua try to do a QB draw) I would have called for a pass play. Restore some faith in your QB but I felt like that was a lot to ask of Tua to try to run both those QB draws on 4th down. He is human.

But, then again I'm a drunk UGA/Falcons fan and not a successful OC.

Landy828

Oct 26, 2017
Clemson, SC
I'm a bit happy right now.

Going to be a solid hour late for work, at minimum, tomorrow. They'll be alright though. 😂

I'm exhausted, but no way I can fall asleep yet.

Oct 29, 2017
I'm saying this as an Michigan fan. Is it time to just separate the power five conferences? The only teams who have an chance at the National title will reside at one of these schools. Tonight's game looks like Semipro football. The top teams in the power five look that way as well.

GoldenEye 007

Roll Tide, Y'all!
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
I'm saying this as an Michigan fan. Is it time to just separate the power five conferences? The only teams who have an chance at the National title will reside at one of these schools. Tonight's game looks like Semipro football. The top teams in the power five look that way as well.
Yeah Rutgers and Kansas should get a seat for sure. Screw Boise and UCF.

Oct 27, 2017

Interesting idea.

Regardless, I think we can all agree that Michigan will continue to have zero chance of winning a national title.

bossmonkey

Avenger
Nov 9, 2017

If teams like UCF aren't going to have a shot in hell of getting in then yes there needs to be a G5 and a P5 championship.

perfectchaos007

It's Happening
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
No. It's time to expand the playoff and drop the NY6 bowls.
This is probably where the biggest expansion resistance is coming from but you don't even have to do that. Select the top 8 the day after conference championship weekend. Play the 4 quarter final games at the home sites of the top 4 seeds the week after conference championship week (aka Army v Navy weekend). Then, after the quarter finals have been played, do all the bowl selections. Teams that lost in the quarter finals will still be eligible for a NY6 bowl while the remaining 4 teams will play at the standard semi finals rotating sites. Get a 10 year contract with the new Raiders stadium in Vegas and host the finals there for the next 10 years.

With this scenario we expand the playoffs, still get high quality matchups in NY6 bowls, and the other 6+ win teams will still go to the other bowls. Everybody wins, so it will never happen.

chuckddd

Oct 25, 2017
This is probably where the biggest expansion resistance is coming from but you don't even have to do that. Select the top 8 the day after conference championship weekend. Play the 4 quarter final games at the home sites of the top 4 seeds the week after conference championship week (aka Army v Navy weekend). Then, after the quarter finals have been played, do all the bowl selections. Teams that lost in the quarter finals will still be eligible for a NY6 bowl while the remaining 4 teams will play at the standard semi finals rotating sites. Get a 10 year contract with the new Raiders stadium in Vegas and host the finals there for the next 10 years.

With this scenario we expand the playoffs, still get high quality matchups in NY6 bowls, and the other 6+ win teams will still go to the other bowls. Everybody wins, so it will never happen.
But what if the Raiders make the playoffs and need the stadium? Oh wait.

But seriously, I'd like to see the bowls played, then 4 teams chosen for the playoffs. You get all of the traditional games back with more meaning than ever and then 3 more games.

truly101

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Notre Dame's loss doesn't look so bad now...
So are we doing the transitive loss property to justify how good our teams are? If thats the case, Duke lost to Clemson by 29 in Death Valley with half the starting defense out for the season and pretty much no NFL caliber talent on the team. WATCH OUT BAMA!

Oct 25, 2017
Norman, OK
Whew! What a night last night was. My thoughts:

1.) We've got a bona fide rivalry in college football now. These two teams are now 2-2 in the last 4 years, with two barn burners and a blowout each way. Me likey! Rivalries with championship stakes are must-see TV!

2.) Bama has issues on the back end of their D. Yes, they're young back there, but that group got exposed last night and in the Oklahoma game. Won't show up as much in SEC play against more pedestrian offenses, but they've got to improve back there for their likely playoff opponents going forward.

3.) Trevor Lawrence is good. And he is about to be scary good.

4.) There was no shortage of Bama fans willing and ready to compare stat lines between Tua and Murray after the Orange Bowl, convinced that the wrong guy had won the Heisman, even though Tua faced a junior varsity defense that night. Now, a little over a week later, that we've seen Tua face a comparable defense to the one Murray faced, I wonder if they still feel the same way. Kinda' feel like if Murray had led his team to 16 points and had gotten benched in the 4th, he'd have been roasted alive for it.

andycapps

Oct 25, 2017
Columbus, OH
Whew! What a night last night was. My thoughts:

1.) We've got a bona fide rivalry in college football now. These two teams are now 2-2 in the last 4 years, with two barn burners and a blowout each way. Me likey! Rivalries with championship stakes are must-see TV!

2.) Bama has issues on the back end of their D. Yes, they're young back there, but that group got exposed last night and in the Oklahoma game. Won't show up as much in SEC play against more pedestrian offenses, but they've got to improve back there for their likely playoff opponents going forward.

3.) Trevor Lawrence is good. And he is about to be scary good.

4.) There was no shortage of Bama fans willing and ready to compare stat lines between Tua and Murray after the Orange Bowl, convinced that the wrong guy had won the Heisman, even though Tua faced a junior varsity defense that night. Now, a little over a week later, that we've seen Tua face a comparable defense to the one Murray faced, I wonder if they still feel the same way. Kinda' feel like if Murray had led his team to 16 points and had gotten benched in the 4th, he'd have been roasted alive for it.
On 2, the issues started in the game before but they were fortunate to win that and the next. But the warning signs were there.

AlteredBeast

Don't Watch the Tape!
Oct 27, 2017
I was definitely 100% wrong about my assessment with how the game would go. Clemson is much, much better than I gave them credit for, and Alabama is obviously still amazing, but there were holes that just didn't show on many radars until you really look back.

What was that podcast a couple of months ago running through the greatest teams of all time that had the 2018 Alabama team in it? I would love to tweet them, even if I know they have probably heard it 1000 times today already. lol!

Elderly Parrot

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Aug 13, 2018
Gators #6 and #7 fuck yeah. Couldn't ask for a better season after last year.

DiceHands

Oct 27, 2017
Georgia being ranked above Texas after they got their ass whipped up and down the field for 4 quarters is a shining example of how much SEC bias there is.

Sorry, but they should not be ahead of the team that embarrassed them on the national stage.

EnronERA

Oct 25, 2017
Georgia being ranked above Texas after they got their ass whipped up and down the field for 4 quarters is a shining example of how much SEC bias there is.

Sorry, but they should not be ahead of the team that embarrassed them on the national stage.

Texas was ranked like 15, UGA 5. That's a lot of ground to cover.

Deleted member 12790

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

right? Who exactly did Georgia beat this year to warrant that ranking?

EnronERA

Oct 25, 2017
lmao, we still pretending michigan was good this year?

Regardless, UF is the #7 team in the country and UGA beat them.

I know Texas fans aren't used to being ranked, and have probably forgotten how polls work, but just because you beat a highly-ranked team doesn't mean you are going to leapfrog them.

Landy828

Oct 26, 2017
Clemson, SC

I mean, it's obvious the ACC is the best conference this year, haha. Clemson whipped that tail up and down the field. Alabama couldn't even turn in a performance on Syracuse's level (<heheh).

Even Duke and Boston College looked better against Clemson.

Seriously though, Trevor (and that whole team) just kept getting better all year.

Stooge

Oct 29, 2017
Regardless, UF is the #7 team in the country and UGA beat them.

I know Texas fans aren't used to being ranked, and have probably forgotten how polls work, but just because you beat a highly-ranked team doesn't mean you are going to leapfrog them.

Lulz. When a title and don't shit the bed to end a season at some point in living memory before bringing "we elite" smack game.

EnronERA

Oct 25, 2017
Lulz. When a title and don't shit the bed to end a season at some point in living memory before bringing "we elite" smack game.

The fuck are you talking about? Texas fans are the ones talking shit about how they should be top 5 because they beat UGA in a bowl game. Nevermind all those other games they lost, i guess they don't count.

Status
Not open for further replies.