• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

nullref

Oct 27, 2017
Very occasionally, I might find myself in a coffee shop and in the mood for a cappuccino or something—but otherwise, black. (At home, generally single-origin light roasts from a local roaster, mostly brewed in an Aeropress. This summer, I've taken to brewing my afternoon cup directly over ice on hot days. I hadn't tried that before, and quite like it.)

Cokomon

One Winged Slayer
Nov 11, 2017
Lately, I've been using little Ripple non-dairy creamer in mine. That stuff is pretty good.

mentallyinept

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
When I make it, black.

The lower quality it is the more cream and sugar I need to somewhere it though.

Shiloh

Oct 25, 2017
I went on a diet, and started drinking it black. There's a rhymy saying about how you don't start adding sugar or cream again.

Nola

Oct 29, 2017
If it's not complete trash coffee, black.

If it's trash like my last job's community pot, some cream.

∀∃:ETURNA

Oct 27, 2017
Chemex brewed and served in an Avensi glass with a little bit of maple sugar. No creamer, as that completely ruins the body of the coffee.

Deleted member 1849

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Good coffee I'll drink black. Either made with a French press or a v60 depending on my mood and what coffee it is.

Terrible coffee I'll need all the milk you can give me to mask the flavour.

Ashhong

Oct 26, 2017
I'm about to buy a cold brew setup. Anybody use the Takeya cold brew pitcher? Looks solid and not too pricey. Might make my own sweet cream like Starbucks

Oct 27, 2017
Nespresso double scuro
Oat milk
1 tbsp of organic cold-pressed Cacao powder
1 pump of Ghirardelli chocolate sauce
Stir and add ice for an iced mocha

mocha-latte.jpg

Deleted member 4367

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm about to buy a cold brew setup. Anybody use the Takeya cold brew pitcher? Looks solid and not too pricey. Might make my own sweet cream like Starbucks
I really prefer just using a jar and then running the coffee through a filter afterwards. The cleaner result makes a big difference to me. I don't like my cold brew maker much.

MDSVeritas

Gameplay Programmer, Sony Santa Monica
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
A splash of half-and-half and two sugars. I find it brings the flavor out to it's best in my preferences.

Deleted member 3183

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
A hint of 1 or 2% milk. Just the tiniest bit really. I could probably start drinking it black, but I just like my splash of milk.

Nappuccino

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Good beans and black coffee. I generally cannot stand cream or sugar unless it's done to absurd proportions and it's basically coffee flavored milk.

But I make myself 1-2 cups of black coffee just about every day. Love it.

Kitsunebaby

Oct 27, 2017
Annapolis, Maryland
Black usually. Sometimes a little salt. Sometimes a little nutmeg or cinnamon. Some unsweetened cocoa powder can also be lovely (just a pinch, though).

Never any milk or sugar, though. Just ruins it for me.

Jombie

Oct 27, 2017
I'm not a coffee snob, so it really doesn't matter. I may drink one cup with sugar and cream, and the rest black.

Nilou

Oct 25, 2017
Usually hazelnut or french vanilla and a little bit of cream or half and half and splenda. If I brew it at home I typically use 2 splenda packets for a 10oz cup. If I get some iced coffee at places like Dunkin Donuts or such I'll usually get a hazelnut shot and cream/splenda.

Deleted member 46493

Banned
Aug 7, 2018
I just do a black coffee on a V60 pour over. I have or had other coffee tools (Chemex, Moka pot) but I am too lazy and stick to what works.

DTJAAAAM

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, WA
Black on most days, sometimes mixed with protein isolate. On cheat days, I may indulge in something like the Campout Cold Brew from Dutch Bros..

docannon

Oct 28, 2017
Big fan of cold brew. Usually buy concentrate—Chameleon is my favorite brand by far. Been contemplating making my own for a while now though...

turbobrick

Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix, AZ
I like my coffee black just like my metal.

The occasional sweet coffee is good, but most of the time black. Though I also prefer cold over hot.

Felt

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Double espresso with an ounce of milk, which is between a traditional macchiato and flat white.

Nov 26, 2018
My every day coffee is drip black with beans we grind ourselves with a lil vanilla cream.

I tend to like cold brews with a splash of cream during the summer.

During THIS time of year however, I probably get a pumpkin spice latte once every 1-2 weeks. It's my favorite!!!!

Billy Awesomo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
New York, New York
Dark roast, arabica or robusta , no sugar, no cream, drip coffee. I love and enjoy the aromatic smells and flavors of coffee over all. HOWEVER I still start my mornings with a cup of folgers it's my default coffee (when I don't feel like fancy coffee, it's my guilty pleasure coffee). It's the best part of waking up. (lol, but seriously I do like folgers) Always wanted to try Liberica beans at some point but don't know of any I can buy, same with Excelsa. Oh I also enjoy the occasional Espresso.

Azriell

Oct 27, 2017
I like a nice light roast, black. Smooth and easy to drink. This is my daily driver. K-cups or Panera (their coffee is ok, but more importantly it's cheap and convenient).

Cold brew is my favorite way to drink it, but I've been out of routine with it for awhile now. I had to replace my old grinder, and I knew the exact amount of beans I like just looking at it. I haven't figured that sweet spot out with my new grinder, and I've been too lazy to do the work.

my new go-to for afternoon coffee is iced dark roast with almond milk, cinnamon, and Splenda. Cinnamon in coffee is new to me and I'm in love.

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If you're drinking REALLY good beans, prepared the RIGHT way. Drink it hot and blacked.

If you're drinking from Starbucks or Dunkin, put milk/cream in it. Their black is gross. Usually even indie coffee places are the same way. It's some young college/high school kid making your coffee after following 2 hours of training.