• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Dec 25, 2018
I like mine just black. I pretty much have always drank it black my whole life. I rarely drink lattes or anything like that. Over time I came to appreciate certain blends due to being able to taste certain roasts or flavors.

m_shortpants

Oct 25, 2017
I just started making my own cold brew - I like hot coffee but it makes me RUN to the restroom lol.

FLEABttn

Oct 25, 2017
Black or with a little cream or oatmilk. Generally not into sweetened coffee unless it's pumpkin spice.

Vanillalite

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm down with cream, but I pass on the sugar unless I'm like getting a latte or something out.

At home I just brew and put a splash of cream or milk. Then I'm out. I'm not a fan of just black, but I don't need to dump a ton of sugar in it either.

Sain

Nov 13, 2017
Black always. No cream or sugar. Pour over is how I prefer to make it these days. Typically lean towards bold roasts that have fruity notes.

Radd Redd

Oct 27, 2017
Milk and sugar. Not to much sugar though.

I can drink it black but prefer some milk and sugar.

Jul 3, 2019
Lately I've been using a moka pot and adding just a little bit of water after it's brewed.
Really good and very strong.
Typically a medium roast maybe lighter but never anything dark.
Not that dark roasts are bad but in a moka pot its just way too bold and loses all the nuance.

tadale

Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta
Black. The biggest difference-maker is to grind your own beans, even if you've just got a cheap blade grinder.

Edit: If it's iced coffee, I like just a little cream and simple syrup.

Bentendo24

Feb 20, 2020
I feel very out of place in this thread.... I'm a big fan of adding so much shit in it that you basically taste a hint of coffee

Hampig

Oct 25, 2017
Used to be a 50% milk/sugar, 50% coffee guy, but ever since covid I've switched to just black because I'm drinking only coffee made at home, and it's generally better than the weird stuff at work.

ChrisR

Oct 26, 2017
Black.

I have an espresso machine, moka pot and just got a pour over carafe to use. Still no french press though, the last one I got I was not impressed with, the pour over has been much more consistent.

russbus64

May 1, 2018
Started making cold brew and it's pretty great. Some times need to steep for more than a day for it to be to my liking.

Between pitchers I'm perfectly fine with Keurig coffee. I absolutely love the Smores International Delight creamer I found at the store the other day.

iAmPossum

Oct 29, 2017
I mix instant coffee with with my protein shake. It adds little bit of caffeine boost while getting my shake in the morning.

gerg

Oct 25, 2017
Black iced Americano for me. I need to invest in a cold brew maker now that I'm working from home so much!

unholyFarmer

Jan 22, 2019
Black, but from times to times I allowed myself to put some milk which gives a bit of comfort and reminds me of my childhood.

I actually went cold turkey on caffeine recently, and it was a VERY painful experience to go through. I have been drinking one or two cups of green tea per day now, but I do miss coffee (a lot).

purg3

Oct 25, 2017
Black, always. Buying a grinder for home and a Moccamaster has been life changing lol. I usally save the chemex or pour over setup for weekends.

During fall/winter I'll switch it up with a mocha every now and then.

Deleted member 11976

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Aeropress, freshly ground per cup, black. Love it when it cools down a bit and you can really take in all the flavour.

When I'm out and go to a shop that makes them, I get a flat white. This is the only way I take dairy in my coffee.

Oct 28, 2017
Black iced Americano for me. I need to invest in a cold brew maker now that I'm working from home so much!
I've been doing cold brew at home with just a mason jar and my chemex. What I do is grind the beans as course as I can, put the grounds in the mason jar with water, I do a 6 to 1 ratio, (6g water per 1g of coffee) let it sit in the fridge for 24 hours, then strain it out using my chemex.