Deleted member 7148

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah he's not fooling anybody with those lyrics. Modern country music is so garbage. Why can't they all be more like Dolly?

Royalan

Not actually the youngest mod — AP Fact Check
Oct 24, 2017

View: https://open.spotify.com/track/4nRyZu1jwfqku5t5KlmLrU?si=GjfJmNfARAm1oibirBBo0g

Now this is how you sing about your home town. Just makes you feel warm and toasty all over, and I've never even been to Memphis.

I love it on the Southside
They know how to deep fry
Take it up to Orange Mound
We're representing Memphis
I like it at the Harlem House
Almost good as at my Momma's house
Make it at the Klondike
I grew up there so don't talk about my city
From the hood to the burbs we all stay busy
From the bottom to the top we got it on lock

That's what it sounds like to sing about home when "Home" isn't code for some bigoted macho power trip.

Siden

Alt-Account
Banned
Apr 27, 2023
Nobody WANTS to go to these small towns. Hell, any kid from those small towns with a right mind doesn't even wanna be in those small towns and get out when they grow up.

Listen, I agree with many of the things stated in this thread. And as a left sided person living in an EXTREMELY small and conservative town, I disagree with your post. My daughter, who's views take after my own, loves being in a small town. Hell, I moved to a small town for several reasons: we have zero stop lights, no traffic, we literally know everyone in town, taxes are 40% lower than our friends who live in larger towns/cities, and we're only 30 min from a larger town to get what we need.

However! It's also a fucking nightmare to have a conversation with someone that doesn't start with "I'm not racist but...", "Masks are for sheep..." And "try that here *with picture of a gun", "trump flags" and liberals suck".

Small Town politics suck ass, but living in a small town is great - if you don't like people lol. I keep to myself for the most part and don't really talk about my political views because I don't want to be shot by some conservative if they knew I vote left. Granted I don't think they would shoot me, but they would definitely get upset.

We are literally the only house on a street that don't put up "the thin blue line" flags and change our outdoor lightbulbs to blue when I cop is killed somewhere. This has happened twice now since I moved here 8 years ago.

For reference our town has sub 1000 people, a dollar general and a subway lol.

Note: I only disagree that kids may hate (edit) a small town, but agree (edit) as they get older may want to leave as they become more politically motivated - as long as their not brainwashed by the racist neighbors... But I have conversations with them daily about my views and what right, so hopefully that doesn't happen - I made it out of a conservative family of 6 from another small town, and sure I'm kinda the outcast to them with "wild views"... But atleast I'm not a piece of shit so I'll try hard for my kids not to be regardless

Commedieu

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
Well hes right.

You can be yourself* in a small town, no matter who you are as long as you dont let any of the white people know you're different, they are very accepting.

*Doesn't apply to visible minorities.

Nepenthe

When the music hits, you feel no pain.
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
You can be yourself* in a small town, no matter who you are as long as you dont let any of the white people know you're different, they are very accepting.
Yep.

Even the poster above who moved to a small town said they don't even talk politics with their neighbors because it could be a problem.

I stay my Black ass out of #SmallTowns for good reason.

Jun 16, 2019
I remember growing up in a small town, population was around 2000 with about 10,000 total in the county. I remember the queer kids, black kids, and all the other minority groups trying to ingratiate ourselves with the community and live up to the model minority stereotype so that we would be considered "one of the good ones". I know what happens when you go off script and express a radical view like "maybe there are some institutional issues that we need to address so everyone can be on a level playing field." The status quo is not to be broken, it is everything to these people because they're under the misguided delusion that somehow things will get worse for them if we try to fix things. It's not like they're already dealing with more than a century of generational poverty and lack of access to...anything.

jumper

Oct 27, 2017
What's especially stupid is he's implying these crimes (such as robbing a store lol) haven't been tried in a small town already, that it's only a big city issue because small towns only have "good ol' boys raised right.".

Royalan

Not actually the youngest mod — AP Fact Check
Oct 24, 2017

And as with most of these whataboutisms the right throws there ARE groups on the left that take issue with rap lyrics and videos! Have been as long as I've been alive. I ain't a part of any of them, but they're there.

But the right wouldn't know that, because the right doesn't actually care. Black culture exists to cherry-pick for the purposes of consumption or criticism.

Oct 28, 2017

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Yep.

Even the poster above who moved to a small town said they don't even talk politics with their neighbors because it could be a problem.

I stay my Black ass out of #SmallTowns for good reason.
Bet you didn't know you could leave I-20 until you were 20

Fulcrum

Nov 7, 2022
Never liked this guy because he has super skinny legs and a big wide body. Looks like my suspicions were correct that he was a racist.

Hrodulf

Oct 25, 2017
Oh, this is why people were talking about Jason Aldean in that black mayor thread.

That statement is definitely horseshit, you can think you're being subtle all you want, but no one is that stupid.

squeakywheel

Oct 29, 2017
Canada
Well hes right.

*Doesn't apply to visible minorities.
100%. Lived in Sandersville, Georgia for a good 2 months in the late 80's. I wanted out of there so fast being one of the few Asians in town. Couldn't even go to church without being stared at and judged.

AstronaughtE

Nov 26, 2017
Both he and his wife are jackasses. They can't help but act like this because they're the epitome of attention-seeking low-life fox news watchers.

Xterrian

Apr 20, 2018
Drew, Mississippi is a small town. Emmett Till was minding his own damn business while there.

Aldean, Kid Rock, and their ilk can all go jump off a cliff.

BobLablow

Apr 18, 2018
The overlap of "keep politics out if my music!" and those that love this song and video are probably at about 150%.

Pet

More helpful than the IRS
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
SoCal
Every time someone says you should just move to somewhere you can afford, I know that they're white.

Minorities don't want to live in small towns in America if they can help it. lmao. This is why.

I Don't Like

Dec 11, 2017
Here's a newsflash for Jason Aldean: there are plenty of folks in small towns across America who would tell Jason Aldean to go fuck himself.

Wilsongt

Oct 25, 2017
I always love it when these asshats are rewarded by conservatives. His song hit #1 on iTunes. The same bullshit happened with Morgan Wallen.

These are not good people.

Mavis

Oct 25, 2017
Blue Mountains
Never heard of this bloke but this came up on my feed today and I wondered if there was a reason...

smalltown.jpg

Bengraven