Elliott

Oct 25, 2017
Mama Mia energy.
9qTyWu9.png
He's so gabacool.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
if there's anyone that needs their good name defended, it's wealthy right wing Christian white men

browndoom

Nov 30, 2017
Mediocre actor. Shithead in real life. Ruined any sort of enjoyment that could be obtained from the Jurassic World series.

Pretty much pass on anything he's in as a main actor.

Siresly

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
Chris Pratt has been stumbling around mudpies regarding homophobia, alt-right shitheadery and extremism, but as far as I'm aware hasn't fully stepped in one by saying or doing something with no semblance of plausible deniability, yet. He just kind of smells of it.

Professionally I think he's great in some roles, like Guardians and Parks and Rec. Anything else, anyone else could probably do as good or better. The one time I've actively disliked him was in The Magnificent Seven. Felt miscast, distractingly goofy and not believable. Particularly noticeable when there's all these other actors in that movie. Vincent D'Onofrio may very well be my favorite actor.

This is now a pro-D'Onofrio thread.

You got a problem with that?
C2VfHnqWEAEO1Wx.jpg:large

Last edited:

Akira86

Oct 25, 2017
what a meat head. yes lets put up some steel crosses in the middle of the desert for Jesus and put it online. that is what he would appreciate, I just know it.

freetacos

Oct 30, 2017
Bay Area, CA
he didnt even attend that shitty church. Elliot Paige claimed he did and cried on twitter, but so far that seems it was just a lie that everyone kinda just went with because Pratt seems like a prick, because of a shitty tshirt or something.

deadline.com

Chris Pratt Says He Never Went To Controversial Church, Reveals Where He Does Worship

Pratt reveals he attends Zoe Church in Los Angeles, which counts former Hillsong adherent Justin Bieber among its fans.

He attends something called Zoe church that "Zoe Church founder Chad Veach did tell the New York Times that he modeled his faith community, in part, after Hillsong." which I guess if you wanna play whattaboutisms and say just because it was modeled after the bad church they must also be doing the bad things, but they could also just be grifting these hollywood rubes the same way the hillsong church probably funnels money out of their constituents too. Who knows. I dont attend either of these, but its kinda like why keep grilling the dude if he doesnt even attend the bad church to begin with?

attending church is dumb either way and you're a jabroni if you do.
maybe I missed it, but where did Elliot Page "claim he did"? these are the tweets in question, mentioning nothing about Hillsong. plz provide source

View: https://twitter.com/TheElliotPage/status/1093771718966083584?s=20

View: https://twitter.com/TheElliotPage/status/1094312917653168129?s=20

TheGummyBear

Jan 6, 2018
United Kingdom
maybe I missed it, but where did Elliot Page "claim he did"? these are the tweets in question, mentioning nothing about Hillsong. plz provide source

View: https://twitter.com/TheElliotPage/status/1093771718966083584?s=20

View: https://twitter.com/TheElliotPage/status/1094312917653168129?s=20

Even the linked to article points out that Elliot Page never even accused Pratt of going to Hillsong. He accused Pratt of attending an anti-LGBTQ+ church, and he is demonstrably correct with that accusation.

The shitting over Elliot to defend Pratt wasn't just unnecessary. It's flat out wrong.

Zorg1000

Banned
Jul 22, 2019
The correction is that he is not that specific church of anti lgbt+ stance, but a diffrent church that is still very anti lgbt+.

Nice how you conveniently didn't read these posts:

Nah, I posted that before reading the entire thread and apparently Elliot never mentioned a specific church anyway. That's my bad.

cgpartlow

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle, WA
Chris Pratt is great, I feel like it is cool to hate him now which has caused me to like him more since I get enjoyment out of people getting instantly angry when I say Chris Pratt is awesome!

GameAddict411

Oct 26, 2017
Chris Pratt is great, I feel like it is cool to hate him now which has caused me to like him more since I get enjoyment out of people getting instantly angry when I say Chris Pratt is awesome!
]You do realize you are basically saying that Chris belonging to a bigoted church and following alt right personalities is not an issue? Yikes.

cgpartlow

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle, WA
User Banned (1 Month): Dismissing concerns of bigotry over multiple posts
]You do realize you are basically saying that Chris belonging to a bigoted church and following alt right personalities is not an issue? Yikes.
Well...I am also a conservative Christian. So my personal beliefs are probably pretty drastically different than the majority of this site.

Akira86

Oct 25, 2017
lol well i guess its good you get enjoyment out of making people irrationally angry

and see...having had a fairly conservative religious upbringing i kind of get it. but the irrationally angry ones were the adults screaming at me about the will of God incongruent to the realities in front of us. and siding with them as a form of rebellion against whatever is "cool" just feels wrong at its base.

Last edited:

Hrodulf

Oct 25, 2017
When people talk about "generic white male lead", he is the first thing that comes to mind for me. Just incredibly boring and generic to look at, and his actual performances aren't any more interesting. Coupled with his thinly-veiled personal views, I don't know why people continue to defend him.

And since there is some whataboutism in here, I'll also say fuck Tom Cruise, too. Though I do agree he gets a lot more of a free pass here than Pratt does.

Alavard

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

The fact that you consider this 'great' speaks multitudes.

Chris Pratt Flashed Amy Poehler on Parks and Recreation

Chris Pratt went on Late Night with Seth Meyers, where he revealed that he got in trouble with NBC for flashing Amy Poehler on Parks and Recreation

Kingstontown

Jul 16, 2021
Eh. I️d still rewatch a woody Allen movie on occasion. No one's perfect.
If what Woody Allen is accused of is true, that goes way beyond "nobody's perfect". I like his movies too and Polanskis movies are even better but they're objectively shitty people (Best case for Woody Allen is that he groomed his adoptive daughter).

Foot

Mar 10, 2019
Chris Pratt has been stumbling around mudpies regarding homophobia, alt-right shitheadery and extremism, but as far as I'm aware hasn't fully stepped in one by saying or doing something with no semblance of plausible deniability, yet. He just kind of smells of it.

Professionally I think he's great in some roles, like Guardians and Parks and Rec. Anything else, anyone else could probably do as good or better. The one time I've actively disliked him was in The Magnificent Seven. Felt miscast, distractingly goofy and not believable. Particularly noticeable when there's all these other actors in that movie. Vincent D'Onofrio may very well be my favorite actor.

This is now a pro-D'Onofrio thread.

You got a problem with that?
C2VfHnqWEAEO1Wx.jpg:large
He did a real nice thing for a pig once.

KezayJS1

Apr 25, 2021
MCU cast great actors for the various roles and I 100% feel they also nailed it with Chris Pratt as Star Lord.

Leclair

May 3, 2021
Denmark
I've seen five movies with Chris Pratt:
Moneyball
Zero Dark Thirty
Her
Guardians of the Galaxy 1
one of the Avengers films

I liked three out of five, so I guess he's ok

meowdi gras

Banned
Feb 24, 2018
Paraphrasing Robert Mitchum talking about Steve McQueen: Chris doesn't bring much to the party.

Even irrespective of the dubious beliefs he bends over backwards to keep hidden, his appeal eludes me.

SchrodingerC

Oct 25, 2017
Another reminder:
He might be smart enough to not talk about his political positions openly, but him following people like Shapiro, Jordan Peterson, turningpointUSA, and Chad veach is sus af.

Status
Not open for further replies.