Status
Not open for further replies.

DrScruffleton

Oct 26, 2017
I actually thought he was quite bad in GOTG 3. I get it's a much darker tone than the first 2, but he just seemed uninterested and not engaging at all. He was THE lead in the first one especially. Completely stole the show. I wanted to see anyone else while watching 3.

ElectricBlanketFire

What year is this?
Oct 25, 2017
who cares? is chris pratt actively a bigot? I went to a church where the pastor was found diddling kids. does that make me culpable for his crimes because I went to that church as a child for a decade too?
No, but attending a church lead by Chad Veach as a 40-year-old man and promoting his teachings as a public figure does.

FusedAtoms

Jul 21, 2018
I was always surprised, of everything, he never got more shit for exposing himself on the parks and rec set lol

Oct 26, 2017
If people here can enjoy Tom Cruise I don't see why people can't enjoy Chris Pratt. Strange how selective or forgiving people are for no discernible reason beyond following the bandwagon. Whatever church he is a part of ain't got shit on the Church of Scientology.

Lord Vatek

Avenger
Jan 18, 2018
If people here can enjoy Tom Cruise I don't see why people can't enjoy Chris Pratt. Strange how selective or forgiving people are for no discernible reason beyond following the bandwagon. Whatever church he is a part of ain't got shit on the Church of Scientology.
Tom Cruise deserves to get significantly more shit than he does. By like, everyone.

Burly

Oct 25, 2017
please identify the emotion being conveyed in this pic OP

MV5BZjdkYjg1NzMtOTY2YS00ZWI1LWEwZWYtOTU1YTM2ODA2ZWY5XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTM1MjAxMDc3._V1_.jpg
"Oh fuck, that's small. I really need to get glasses"

ElectricBlanketFire

What year is this?
Oct 25, 2017
Whataboutism aside, people can enjoy whatever they want. But this is a low-effort troll thread and deserves the response its receiving.

NexusCell

Nov 2, 2017
I will say its funny how much less flack Cruise gets on this forum compared to Pratt.

Overall, my take is that Pratt is your run of the mill religious conservative, but he's smart enough to not talk politics in work or in public most of the time and is a pleasant person to be around even in liberal circles, so most people don't really care that much. Sort of similar to Clint Eastwood, who is rather well known for being conservative/libertarian but doesn't go around talking about it all the time (and actively regretting some of the times he actively tried to campaign for Republicans in 2012 with the empty chair meme)

Koklusz

Oct 27, 2017
The man could have been the next Harrison Ford, instead he decided to be the next Mark Walberg lmao. I'm not sure if it's fair to call him a bigot, but I definitely think it's fair to call him a moron.

TheGummyBear

Jan 6, 2018
United Kingdom

This is the second time in this thread that Tom Cruise has been raised as a what-about-ism to defend Pratt. Is there a "Pro Tom Cruise thread" here that's not showing up for me or something?

Can I not believe both men are equally awful without being considered to be on some kind of bandwagon?

Swiggins

was promised a tag
Apr 10, 2018
He's fine. A competent actor in most regards who's had some memorable roles. I don't consider him a master of his craft but he's also inoffensive and occasionally charming.

I understand people who've begun to get fatigued by him appearing in everything, but I don't think that's his fault. Actors have hot streaks and I can't begrudge them getting all the work they can. It won't last forever, the phone will eventually stop ringing so you need to do what you can, when you can.

I get that people don't really like that he's mostly a-political except for being relatively vocal about being religious, which means he probably has shitty views on things; but so long as he's not personally endorsing or promoting them I more or less give it a pass. A lot of people have weird relationships with religion and politics, I'm one of them.

Curious to see how he plays Garfield, which I honestly thought was more of a "WTF" casting than him as Mario (which was more or less fine).

Stencil

Oct 30, 2017
USA
I like every character on Parks & Rec. Except for Billy Eichner's angry guy character. Even if I were to dislike Pratt as a person, I wouldn't let that ruin my enjoyment of the show.

chaobreaker

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Pratt does not have that action hero star sauce and should stop trying.

However, I will die on this hill that says he's actually funny. Once the church news came out everyone else has been gaslighting themselves into arguing he's not. As if it's impossible for some religious nut to be funny? Are you serious?

WildGoose

Oct 27, 2017
He isn't a terrible actor but he's the worst thing in every film I've seen him in.

I don't think he's bigoted but ehh, irony is for a Hollywood actor who has all the means he probably needs to expand his worldview because his people are probably all cis gendered straight white people. It's that dinner party that went viral where it was lily white with Jennifer Aniston.

I do. Dude has comparatively few accounts he follows on social media (less than 500) and a bunch of them just happen to be Ben Shapiro and various far right wing politicians. It's not difficult to figure out his views.

Kinthey

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Him playing Mario was such an unexpected choice, that seemed purely based on Starpower, but he honestly did the role as best as one could expect for that kind of movie

RaphaBE

Banned
Sep 19, 2020
California
I definitely was not aware of this. I remember when the initial claim from Elliot came out and was everywhere but I never heard of his correction on the matter.
Exactly. Lots of people are not aware of the correction. Yet we're told a few posts above that Elliott shouldn't get any criticism for this "mistake". Just because he's likeable doesn't mean that he cannot do shitty things, and that was definitely a shitty thing.

As for Pratt, I think he's probably not very smart but he's also rather innocuous.

napkins

Nov 18, 2017
Exactly. Lots of people are not aware of the correction. Yet we're told a few posts above that Elliott shouldn't get any criticism for this "mistake". Just because he's likeable doesn't mean that he cannot do shitty things, and that was definitely a shitty thing.
it's been said already, but look up chad veach and zoe church
the correction changes nothing

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
He isn't a terrible actor but he's the worst thing in every film I've seen him in.

I do. Dude has comparatively few accounts he follows on social media (less than 500) and a bunch of them just happen to be Ben Shapiro and various far right wing politicians. It's not difficult to figure out his views.
Those likes and follows always do people in. Like Zachary Levi.

Zorg1000

Banned
Jul 22, 2019
you coulda posted all this without needing to shit on Elliot Page. Saying he claimed it would have been enough.

Why? If he made false claims about someone else online then why shouldn't we shit on them for it? Did Elliot ever apologize or acknowledge that what he said wasn't true?

Dan L

Tried to PM someone for a tag
Oct 28, 2017
Regina, Saskatchewan
Why? If he made false claims about someone else online then why shouldn't we shit on them for it? Did Elliot ever apologize or acknowledge that what he said wasn't true?
The correction is that he is not that specific church of anti lgbt+ stance, but a diffrent church that is still very anti lgbt+.

Nice how you conveniently didn't read these posts:
P7pJA1G.png

Stop defending the rich, white, homophobic man.

Jeff Albertson

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I like him in most things he's in, loved Andy in Parks and Rec

He must be up there with the most characters as Lego minifigures right?

StarLord
Jurassic Park Dude
Emmett
Mario (not sure this counts but still)

Fake edit - I thought he had more, I looked it up and the most live action is 5 - Warwick Davies

kmfdmpig

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yzdEokNTScg
www.youtube.com

Chris Pratt In Trouble For Cheeky Naked Stunt - The Graham Norton Show

Chris Pratt gets a final warning from NBC for getting naked on set... this is not a joke. #TheGNShow #TheGrahamNortonShow #GrahamNortonFollow us!Facebook - h...

I agree that's not cool, but it's always weird how selective many can be when it comes to being upset at celebrities or not. Robin Williams did the same and he's treated as a saint.
www.theguardian.com

Robin Williams groped and flashed me on set, says Mork & Mindy co-star

‘I had the grossest things done to me,’ says Pam Dawber, but says she took no offence at the star’s lewd antics on the set of their hit sitcom
David Bowie was a statutory rapist but that rarely comes up when people gush about him.

TheGummyBear

Jan 6, 2018
United Kingdom
it's been said already, but look up chad veach and zoe church
the correction changes nothing

Even the linked to article points out that Elliot Page didn't even accuse Pratt of going to Hillsong. The accusation was that he attended an anti-LGBTQ+ church.

Which is true.

But hey, I'm sure someone who follows Ben Shapiro truly means no harm to the queer community.

Last edited:

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
I agree that's not cool, but it's always weird how selective many can be when it comes to being upset at celebrities or not. Robin Williams did the same and he's treated as a saint.
www.theguardian.com

‘I had the grossest things done to me,’ says Pam Dawber, but says she took no offence at the star’s lewd antics on the set of their hit sitcom
David Bowie was a statutory rapist but that rarely comes up when people gush about him.
It probably helps that the two of those are currently dead.

ElectricBlanketFire

What year is this?
Oct 25, 2017
www.theguardian.com

Because, as the OP stated, this is a pro-Chris Pratt thread so they're irrelevant to the conversation.

GifGafJef

Dec 19, 2022
Hes great in it yea. Not gonna say id go out of my way to watch some of his works but quite a few I dug of his works

kmfdmpig

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Because, as the OP stated, this is a pro-Chris Pratt thread so they're irrelevant to the conversation.
Sure, but if it's no biggie when Robin Williams does it then it seems a bit disingenuous when it's a major issue when someone else does it. I don't really care either way about Chris Pratt, but it's either acceptable behavior or not. It shouldn't be handwaved away because we otherwise like someone.

napkins

Nov 18, 2017
Even the linked to article points out that Elliott Page didn't even accuse Pratt of going to Hillsong. The accusation was that he attended an anti-LGBTQ+ church.

Which is true.

But hey, I'm sure someone who follows Ben Shapiro truly means no harm to the queer community.
ben shaprio. and dan crenshaw. and thebabylonbee. and joe rogan. and multiple police accounts. and so on

Status
Not open for further replies.