• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Kreed

The Negro Historian
Oct 25, 2017
TE]

the ig posts was the woman who was a witness during the party and mentioned in the actual police report
he has been released with no charges, prosecutor and french police didn't press
he innocent it seems

And this is why I waited. Now this makes two incidents Chris Brown and his fans will use to say the media is "out to get him", vs Chris Brown learning from his terrible decisions that get him into live police stand offs and guns thrown out of windows, regardless of whether he did these crimes or not.

base_two

Oct 27, 2017
Yes, Chris Brown is a trash person and has a long history of abusive and violent behavior, not limited to just women. But I think people in this thread willfully ignored the likely possibility that the accusations were not accurate, and that's disappointing. That's all I will saying without getting a ban.

BernardoOne

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yes, Chris Brown is a trash person and has a long history of abusive and violent behavior, not limited to just women. But I think people in this thread willfully ignored the likely possibility that the accusations were not accurate, and that's disappointing. That's all I will saying without getting a ban.
Considering false accusations barely constitute 1% of rape accusations, how is it "likely"?

EloquentM

Oct 25, 2017
The last couple of pages... oh. This is how all the Weinsten's, R. Kelly's, and CB's get away with this shit.

Uno Venova

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

OrdinaryPrime

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's more of an innocent persons Defense Force

Right because I'm sure if Chris Brown was some random dude getting arrested for suspicion of rape you'd contort yourself into the kind of mental gymnastics that you've shown here in order to excuse past behavior. Come off this shit. There may be issues with people assuming he's guilty in this particular case, but if you don't believe he's a sorry excuse for a human being for his past behavior, then yes, it's a Chris Brown defense force.

EloquentM

Oct 25, 2017
..what did he actually do in this instance?

Thanks
Era isn't a courthouse, I'm not presiding over this case, so I really don't have to conform to impartiality. Regardless of whether he did or didn't do it he's a piece of shit, and in these types of threads, with a known piece of shit, I'm sorry I'm not giving him the benefit of the doubt, and will never at this point. He isn't rehabilitated, He hasn't paid his dues, and continues to be an abhorrent individual.

That being said, why am I even responding to you? Lol this isn't the first time I've seen you posting problematic shit.

Uno Venova

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Era isn't a courthouse, I'm not presiding over this case, so I really don't have to conform to impartiality. Regardless of whether he did or didn't do it he's a piece of shit, and in these types of threads, with a known piece of shit, I'm sorry I'm not giving him the benefit of the doubt, and will never at this point. He isn't rehabilitated, He hasn't paid his dues, and continues to be an abhorrent individual.

That being said, why am I even responding to you? Lol this isn't the first time I've seen you posting problematic shit.
Right, the ones who want the justice system to act as intended, and not put people in prison without trial are the problematic ones.

BernardoOne

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Right, the ones who want the justice system to act as intended, and not put people in prison without trial are the problematic ones.
Oh so this is why you didn't manage to find anything when you searched: you are incapable of reading. Now it makes sense.

Well that or you're just a shithead making shit as you go along. Might be that.

Sparkedglory2

Nov 3, 2017
Well i'm glad I waited to see on this one. Some of you guys are way to quick to jump the gun. Even if I can understand why given the history.

As far as Brown is concerned personally I don't forgive him for Rhianna and the incidents he's been involved with in the past should absolutely not be excused, but if he's not involved in this incident, then I see no reason to beat him up over it. His past actions shouldn't reflect on a case that those have nothing to do with.

Sweeney Swift

User Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
#IStandWithTaylor
The last couple of pages... oh. This is how all the Weinsten's, R. Kelly's, and CB's get away with this shit.
In the Bryan Singer thread you even already have someone who outright says they know about the shit he's done but will not stop supporting his work. These people don't care because it doesn't affect them or people like them, so it's easy to ignore for them

Uno Venova

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Oh so this is why you didn't manage to find anything when you searched: you are incapable of reading. Now it makes sense.

Well that or you're just a shithead making shit as you go along. Might be that.
What about his post didn't I understand?
Well i'm glad I waited to see on this one. Some of you guys are way to quick to jump the gun. Even if I can understand why given the history.

As far as Brown is concerned personally I don't forgive him for Rhianna and the incidents he's been involved with in the past should absolutely not be excused, but if he's not involved in this incident, then I see no reason to beat him up over it. His past actions shouldn't reflect on a case that those have nothing to do with.
yeah, no question he's a bad person, but the problematic approach to the justice system to finally get one on Chris is troubling.

BernardoOne

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What about his post didn't I understand?

yeah, no question he's a bad person, but the problematic approach to the justice system to finally get one on Chris is troubling.
Not a single person in this thread, including the person you quoted has even remotely suggested to "skip the trial". You're quite literally making that up.

mechs

Banned
Oct 1, 2018
Right because I'm sure if Chris Brown was some random dude getting arrested for suspicion of rape you'd contort yourself into the kind of mental gymnastics that you've shown here in order to excuse past behavior. Come off this shit. There may be issues with people assuming he's guilty in this particular case, but if you don't believe he's a sorry excuse for a human being for his past behavior, then yes, it's a Chris Brown defense force.

I don't know what you're arguing about! Dude is innocent, that's all people have been defending

It'll be the same if anyone was accused of a crime. Wait for everything, use an eye witness account and make a judgement.

No one is excusing his past issue. People are defending an innocent man.

Give it a rest mate. You lot are doing mental gymnastics because he was found innocent. I'm not even responding as it's pointless at this stage

Edit* replace innocent for "released without charge"

Last edited:

Trafalgar Law

Nov 6, 2017
I don't know what you're arguing about! Dude is innocent, that's all people have been defending

It'll be the same if anyone was accused of a crime. Wait for everything, use an eye witness account and make a judgement.

No one is excusing his past issue. People are defending an innocent man.

Give it a rest mate. You lot are doing mental gymnastics because he was found innocent. I'm not even responding as it's pointless at this stage

Edit* replace innocent for "released without charge"

dunno where people said defence force, all people are asking for is for all full facts and investigation play out
a pos still should be tried and judged fairly

Sweeney Swift

User Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
#IStandWithTaylor
It's more of an innocent persons Defense Force

Putting aside acknowledging that you don't believe or know of any of the prior instances of violence already previously linked in this thread because you like him and believe him always
(
Like who?

Besides Rihanna, I genuinely do not know anyone else he has been found guilty or even accused of besting
)

Known other Innocent People you've defended recently: Kevin Hart
I figured with his interview with ellen this would cause more waves.

Not watched the interview yet as not had the time to sit down with it, but seems like people won't be happy until Kevin falls on his sword

I think he is ok to stand his ground at this point. He has apologised to "anyone he hurt" and said he won't pull tweets, etc.

I'm not in the LGBT community so I'm not as affected by his comments, and I definitely won't try and say how that community should feel regard his tweets and jokes.

I just feel there is a stand off right now and forcing him to be an advocate for LGBT community, as Don Lemon mentioned, is unnecessary and forced. He shouldn't do the Oscars either as it's just tainted now

For what it's worth I cracked up at that whole gay section of Kevin's standup (I watched years ago and was surprised he was just getting that work). Reading it sounds a lot more harsh than when it's being performed and Kevin even mentions about his own insecurities.

At this stage, apologise and just keep it moving. No one is benefiting from this
R Kelly
R Kelly is less of a problem for me, except he's on my RnB playlists that I chill or have sex to and he made some bangers.

If you feel like you're being attacked and called out for disingenuous behavior for supporting known assholes over a period of less than 30 posts on this forum, perhaps try not supporting known assholes so frequently?

Uno Venova

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Not a single person in this thread, including the person you quoted has even remotely suggested to "skip the trial". You're quite literally making that up.
If you said literally, you would have definitely had a point. No one literally said that. Now suggesting that the justice system should just *get him this time because he's guilty without any assessment of facts? Absolutely.

17 Seconds

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
if you're worried about someone like chris brown not getting the benefit of the doubt, then you have fucked up priorities