• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

lunarworks

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
That makes sense for out of state. Shit, if I had to fly in, of course I would stay at the resort all the time to get a good bang for my buck. Plane tickets and hotels are expensive, you cant do that shit every year, so it's only natural to milk it for all its worth.
We used to pack our stuff into the Aerostar and drive down from Toronto. We'd get a cheap motel in Kissimmee, and then drive to the park, eating fast food outside the park for breakfast and dinner. We'd do Disney for two days, then go of to Clearwater Beach to enjoy the sun and sand.

Mind you, this was the early '90s.

StarStorm

"This guy are sick"
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Clickbait article. Half of her paragraph is in all caps lol. So much outrage. She's looking for any excuse to blame people. If it wasn't childless millennials, it would be other families.

Calamari41

Oct 25, 2017
I don't understand why people advocate against taking kids to Disneyland because they "won't remember it." Maybe they won't remember specific details when they're 30, but their brains are developing big time during these years. The stimulation, fun, and bonding with parents and siblings during something like a trip to Disneyland is priceless.

The logic that dictates that it is useless to take a toddler to Disneyland because they won't remember it would also dictate that it's useless to take a toddler to the park, and I can't imagine that would get much traction.

Also, not everyone forgets everything from before they were 5. One of my fondest memories of my late grandmother was watching the Main Street Electrical Parade with her when I was 2-3 years old. I remember it vividly and tear up whenever the song pops up. Its the main thing that comes to my mind now that she's gone, even though I had many great experiences with her growing up.

I also remember my great grandparents and other grandparents who died by the time I was 3, I remember them very fondly, and I'm glad my parents didn't decide not to take me to see them because I "wouldn't remember it anyway."

FeliciaFelix

Oct 27, 2017
We used to pack our stuff into the Aerostar and drive down from Toronto. We'd get a cheap motel in Kissimmee, and then drive to the park, eating fast food outside the park for breakfast and dinner. We'd do Disney for two days, then go of to Clearwater Beach to enjoy the sun and sand.

Mind you, this was the early '90s.

I must have been about 8, also early 90s, we also did the cheap motel. But we had to fly in. We also hit Universal, Seaworld, Busch Gardens and Space Kennedy Center. I legit dont remember what we did for breakfast but we had dinner around international drive and went once to Medieval Times.

I dont think Disney had any resorts at the time.

Qikz

Oct 25, 2017
If you ban all childless people then surely allowing all mothers with kids to skip the lines mean they'd have lines of people skipping?

Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
Original post.

1McNaiG.jpg
yikes

Oct 25, 2017
This has been a thing forever hasn't it?
My cousins who live by disneyland have told me that after families on vacation the nsecond most common group of people you see is mid / late 20s people just hanging out.

easter

Nov 15, 2017
and here i was trying to go to more amusement parks BEFORE i have children. going with very young kids seems like a nightmare.

Layell

One Winged Slayer
Apr 16, 2018
I don't understand why people advocate against taking kids to Disneyland because they "won't remember it." Maybe they won't remember specific details when they're 30, but their brains are developing big time during these years. The stimulation, fun, and bonding with parents and siblings during something like a trip to Disneyland is priceless.

The logic that dictates that it is useless to take a toddler to Disneyland because they won't remember it would also dictate that it's useless to take a toddler to the park, and I can't imagine that would get much traction.

Also, not everyone forgets everything from before they were 5. One of my fondest memories of my late grandmother was watching the Main Street Electrical Parade with her when I was 2-3 years old. I remember it vividly and tear up whenever the song pops up. Its the main thing that comes to my mind now that she's gone, even though I had many great experiences with her growing up.

I also remember my great grandparents and other grandparents who died by the time I was 3, I remember them very fondly, and I'm glad my parents didn't decide not to take me to see them because I "wouldn't remember it anyway."

The effort to go to the park and local attractions aren't anywhere near the cost and effort of an amusement park. Fact is a kid five or under will have just as much fun at a playground or a dollar ride at the mall, when compared to an amusement park. It's also easier to get a kid some rest if they become overstimulated. Bonus points: saving thousands of dollars.

I worked at a theme park, and I've seen more than my share of overstimulated and tired kids. Those memories you have are still worthwhile, but the experience again was more with the people and not spending thousands of dollars on a trip.

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
At first thought I was like this can't be real, but knowing the entitlement of some people, it absolutely is.

Here is a tip for Disney. Take a mid day break and stop trying to do everything.

TheeFanatic

Oct 26, 2017
Sounds like a wwe scripted rant.

Why would i want to spend tons of money running around chasing my 3yr old around the theme park. Smh
I can do that with my 2 yr old godson at a local park

gully state

Oct 27, 2017

I went to Disneyland when I was around 5 and I remember my mind being blown with how fantastic and magical everything was. Going there in my 20's I just saw all the inconsistencies. My 5 YO experience in Disneyland was way more enjoyable than any subsequent visit.

Mankoto

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 28, 2017
And to think I just told a friend to go visit Disney World for her 25th birthday.

Oops

Calamari41

Oct 25, 2017
The effort to go to the park and local attractions aren't anywhere near the cost and effort of an amusement park. Fact is a kid five or under will have just as much fun at a playground or a dollar ride at the mall, when compared to an amusement park. It's also easier to get a kid some rest if they become overstimulated. Bonus points: saving thousands of dollars.

I worked at a theme park, and I've seen more than my share of overstimulated and tired kids. Those memories you have are still worthwhile, but the experience again was more with the people and not spending thousands of dollars on a trip.

My toddler son has way more fun at Disneyland than he does at our local parks and dollar rides at the mall. Ask toddlers who have been before if they'd rather go to the kiddie train at the mall or Disneyland, and I can't imagine you'd see a 50/50 split.

You're arguing that it can be too much effort and cost to go to a place like Disneyland, which is true for many people. It's a much different calculation for a family who lives a long flight away than it is for a local. But that doesn't speak to what I was pointing out, which is that the kids can benefit from going and also could very well remember it fondly. I was responding to people who say it is absolutely useless to take them.

The over-tired point you made is valid as well, and why it's up to the parents to plan appropriately. 9 AM to midnight for a 3 year old is overkill. We always go either from around opening until after lunch, or from after lunch until a bit before his normal bedtime. Around 5-6 hours is the sweet spot, any more and he struggles.

Last edited:

Seirith

Oct 25, 2017
It's weird as hell how every girl I date has an annual pass. You're an adult Disneyland is boring as hell for an adult. Of course I don't want to go with you.
I genuinely don't see the appeal in getting an expensive buzz and riding the same boring rides. Maybe they do just get a thrill in acting inappropriately around children. God knows how many twerk on a Disney character videos I've seen.

You sound like a ton of fun to date. Glad my husband is more fun than you.

Chirotera

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
They should be fucking happy we aren't killing Disney. We've killed nearly everything else. And we'll do it here too man, don't even tempt us.

bear force one

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Orlando
Everyone just want less people in the parks. That's why we get families complaining about adults without children going and adults complaining about toddler's at parks.

With that said I still don't really understand why any adult would stand in line for an hour to get a picture with Mickey. Thankfully my children are reasonable when it comes to skipping meet and greets with long lines.
Because we collect character shots and love interaction with the talented characters. Our group loves spending time with each other in love. We are here all the time as we live in Orlando and have lots of cast member friends.

Dream Machine

Oct 25, 2017
I hope her child (whom she loathes having had) finds that post one day and reads it back to her. Then they can reconcile (after the falling out that they are barreling toward) about how she really did love him because she wanted to get him that pretzel even though the slut in the shorts was in line before them.

It's like a heartwarming disney movie.

Isilia

Mar 11, 2019
US: PA
Even if you took them out, the place would still probably be filled to capacity during the summer.

Well, almost anytime of the year from what I read.

Syriel

Banned
Dec 13, 2017
But if we ban everyone without kids, aren't we banning kids as well?

If they had to wait in line they'd be extending the back of the queue. When you jump to the front you're making everyone wait an extra few spaces.

If I'm say 20th and line and some fast pass person skip ahead of me and get straight into the ride, I have to wait longer to get my turn.

Not really. FP holders are virtually in line. If they had to stand there, they would be added throughout based on time of FP, not all bunches at the end.

Wait, this quote is recent? I swear I read some other "mothers should have to wait in line" rant before.

Old FP post that this opinion writer dug up.

Boyfriend badly wants to spend a week with me at Disneyworld. I'm 42, he's 52, would not be bringing either of his (grown) kids along. I am hesitant.

Disney World is a city. You could spend a week there, and never set foot in one of the four big parks.

Go water-ski, take a class at Disney Institute, go to a dinner show at the campgrounds, get a massage, go dancing at the Boardwalk, etc.

You say you are a foodie? Get reservations at Victoria and Albert's.

Imagine if there was an adults only Disneyland. Man that'd be sweet.

Pleasure Island was fun while it lasted.

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
Everyone just want less people in the parks. That's why we get families complaining about adults without children going and adults complaining about toddler's at parks.

With that said I still don't really understand why any adult would stand in line for an hour to get a picture with Mickey. Thankfully my children are reasonable when it comes to skipping meet and greets with long lines.

Just do one of those character breakfasts, much more casual, AC and you can relax.

Tuppen

Nov 28, 2017
Because we collect character shots and love interaction with the talented characters. Our group loves spending time with each other in love. We are here all the time as we live in Orlando and have lots of cast member friends.
Yeah I know that people are collectors of photos and autographs (it's pretty obvious). I guess living in Orlando change how you value your time in the parks. To each their own so if you enjoy waiting in line for meet and greets good for you.

nekkid

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Disney World is a city. You could spend a week there, and never set foot in one of the four big parks.

Go water-ski, take a class at Disney Institute, go to a dinner show at the campgrounds, get a massage, go dancing at the Boardwalk, etc.

You say you are a foodie? Get reservations at Victoria and Albert's.

And the golf - there's loads of courses.

WDW is a great vacation for grown ups.

Veliladon

Oct 27, 2017
>complains about people throwing away money on useless crap
>has kids

The reason I can afford to throw away money on useless crap is because I don't have kids. Suck it. I have disposable income. I could go to Disneyland tomorrow, on a whim, if I damn well wanted to. Just throw some clothes into a bag, hop on a plane to SNA, and enjoy a few days at Disney. Why? Because I don't have kids. Suck it, lady.

studyguy

Oct 26, 2017
Reminds me of the time my girlfriend and I went, got in to a queue by that Pirates of the Caribbean ride to take a photo with Goofy, didn't take that long maybe 10min or so w/e. As we walk up for our turn (mind you we were like the 6th group in line, another older group of people just walk up, barge in and complain. Something to the effect of 'hold on honey the CHILDREN need to cut in first before our kids'

I just laughed but they got fucking wild and mad mad at us for wanting to take a pick with Goofy, we weren't even the last people in the queue! Shit's so weird, can't wrap my head around getting that heated over a photo.

Oct 27, 2017
User banned (3 days) Inflammatory comment, related prior infraction
Boomers are the absolute fucking worst.
They gave us Trump. Fuck them and any opinion they hold, say, or write. I hope they don't linger. I seriously hope there remains a massive shortage of elder care workers so they can suffer while they rot. Literally fucking over their children and grandchildrens' futures to childishly spite our tendencies of being more egalitarian than they were. Sociopathic, narcissistic, and psychopathic behavior runs deep in that generation...must've been all that exposure to leaded gasoline.

Last edited:

GamerJM

Nov 8, 2017
I go to Disneyland with my parents because I can't afford to myself, and I still look young, so people probably just assume I'm a gen zer there (I'm 25)

Forsaken82

Oct 27, 2017
So chick in slutty clothing buys a pretzel, child sees the pretzel and wants one, mom says "Not right now" and child cries and the mother blames the slutty chick and not the hundreds of others waiting in line who will ALSO buy a pretzel and continue to make the child sad?

Perfectly normal take.

theBmZ

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Me, my brother, our best friend, and his girlfriend all went to Disney Hollywood Studios last week for our friends birthday. We are all in our mid to late 20s, and none of us have kids. We had a blast. Anybody has a problem with that, they can get fucked.