• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

ElephantShell

Oct 25, 2017
Went just my girlfriend and I a couple years ago. Mid 20s. It was extremely fun and there were a lot of what appeared to be 20 or 30-somethings there without kids. Didn't feel weird at all.

I'd like to bring my future kids there someday too but it seems like a totally different experience. I want to go again a few more times just us before then though.

Lucreto

Oct 25, 2017
I was not aware that people without kids went to disneyland. What the fuck lol that is extremely weird.

Hopefully sarcasm,

If not you should see how busy it is on Spring Break and the last time I was there it was also Gay Pride week and there are a lot of couples there. You can also get married on the grounds.

Cubeikon

Oct 29, 2017
they made more terrifying cartoons during WWII than one about paying taxes let me tell you

WTF did I just watch? Not sure if this or Tim Burtons version of Hansel and Gretel is the most irritating thing Disney has produced/published.

It's also weird how good the german and how accurate their explanation about marriage is. Mein Kampf which was gifted to my grandgrandparents at the registry office should still be somewhere on my attic. Out of curiosity I tried to read it once or twice but the old font is really hard for me read.

On topic, I've been in DL Paris twice with my parents and my siblings. Think I was around 8 the first time and 17 when I went there for the second. Thinking about it it was way more fun when I was older (and my brother too) because I know there where some rides I was not allowed to use.

Going to DW with a toddler is imo more strange considering that they wont remember much of that vacation. But hey, it's DW and if they want bring their young children with them I'm not gonna judge them. Except it's that maniac from the FB post because seriously wtf?

Cherubae

Oct 31, 2017
Beaverton, Oregon, USA
Also, there are "disney hacks" to staying at nice resorts cheap.

Last year I stayed at Bay Lake Tower, one of the Magic Kingdom resorts w/ a theme park view. Normal price for the time was $589 + tax, i paid just under $220 w/ tax a night

This year, we are staying at another high end resort for around the same price.

Oh my, that sounds like quite the deal. My dear wanted to stay at the Grand Floridian this winter, with the theme park view, so I ended up paying full price :| The Disney rep did get us "free" dining credits even though our check-in date was just shy of when their winter plans were in affect.

We're more no-kids Gen Xs who are ruining things, I guess!

Moebius

Oct 28, 2017
You are no better than the FB person from the article that so many people are shitting on. So congratulations? The park is meant for all ages as Walt Disney created it that way. I loved going with my wife without kids and I will love going with my kids.

I'm not being totally serious. I went when I was young and had a great time.