• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Iceberg

Oct 28, 2017
So how likely am I to actually get my copy of the Limited Edition if I buy at shopto? Or will I likely just get hit by the "Sorry, didn't manage to get a copy for you, here's your money back, gl trying somewhere else."?

I was deceived a couple of times by Shopto with amiibo preorders. The same day the amiibo was to be sent they unilaterally cancelled my preorder to offer me the option to buy the amiibos at almost double the price I had my preorder.

Krooner

Oct 27, 2017
To frequent Shopto buyers. How reliable are they to actually deliver the product they're selling. Fire Emblem Three Houses Limited Edition seems to be sold out nearly everywhere here. And the one place that's still taking orders is one kinda known for accepting orders, but not actually being able to get the amount of copies that were ordered in total. So how likely am I to actually get my copy of the Limited Edition if I buy at shopto? Or will I likely just get hit by the "Sorry, didn't manage to get a copy for you, here's your money back, gl trying somewhere else."?

Edit: I just read that Shopto doesn't take upfront payments which makes me want to at least give it a shot. But if possible I'd still like some of Era's opinions on Shopto and their history with pre orders and possibly accepting too many orders.

I've had pre's cancelled by ShopTo on more than one occasion. By all means give it a try, but I'd maybe order the normal version from somewhere else too...

Feb 15, 2019
I was deceived a couple of times by Shopto with amiibo preorders. The same day the amiibo was to be sent they unilaterally cancelled my preorder to offer me the option to buy the amiibos at almost double the price I had my preorder.
I've had pre's cancelled by ShopTo on more than one occasion. By all means give it a try, but I'd maybe order the normal version from somewhere else too...

I see, they're definitely not a 100% reliable either then when it comes to preorders. Guess I'll keep my current preorder and hope for the best. Maybe even add Shopto's preorder on top of it somewhere down the line since there supposedly is no payment before it's shipped. Worst case scenario I'll just have to order the game on the eshop if both of them don't end up getting it. Thanks for sharing the experiences.

FantasticMrSnake

It's Pronounced "Aerith"
Oct 25, 2017
To frequent Shopto buyers. How reliable are they to actually deliver the product they're selling. Fire Emblem Three Houses Limited Edition seems to be sold out nearly everywhere here. And the one place that's still taking orders is one kinda known for accepting orders, but not actually being able to get the amount of copies that were ordered in total. So how likely am I to actually get my copy of the Limited Edition if I buy at shopto? Or will I likely just get hit by the "Sorry, didn't manage to get a copy for you, here's your money back, gl trying somewhere else."?

Edit: I just read that Shopto doesn't take upfront payments which makes me want to at least give it a shot. But if possible I'd still like some of Era's opinions on Shopto and their history with pre orders and possibly accepting too many orders.

It's always my place to buy by default, they never failed me, and usually it arrives one day before release day, i think if you use paypal they do take money upfront, or maybe i'm remembering it wrong.

Hasney

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

Haven't used ShopTo since it took them 2 weeks to dispatch my Smash Wii U LE with the GC adaptor

Oldmario

Oct 25, 2017
It's always my place to buy by default, they never failed me, and usually it arrives one day before release day, i think if you use paypal they do take money upfront, or maybe i'm remembering it wrong.
they'll take the money instantly with paypal, no idea if OP is a new customer or not and i can't remember if they let you use paypal for your first order or not, i remember when i signed up to them when ico/sotc came out i had to do some verification with card charges first

Feb 15, 2019
Haven't used ShopTo since it took them 2 weeks to dispatch my Smash Wii U LE with the GC adaptor

Yeah, seems to be mostly orders with a limited quantity that have issues from time to time.

I've used them for years and not had any issues

If I may ask, how many times have you ordered something limited from them? From the replies so far it seems they're perfectly fine except that they sometimes have issues when trying to buy something limited in quantity. Like physical items or limited editions. If you've also had no issues when it came to that then I'll bite and just order it there too. And worst case scenario I'll just return one of them if both stores happen to send me a copy.

FantasticMrSnake

It's Pronounced "Aerith"
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, seems to be mostly orders with a limited quantity that have issues from time to time.
If I may ask, how many times have you ordered something limited from them? From the replies so far it seems they're perfectly fine except that they sometimes have issues when trying to buy something limited in quantity. Like physical items or limited editions. If you've also had no issues when it came to that then I'll bite and just order it there too. And worst case scenario I'll just return one of them if both stores happen to send me a copy.

Limited only twice i think, but it was as soon as it was available, so not sure if they oversell, probably just message them on twitter as the post about suggested.

Feb 15, 2019
Honestly very rarely, I would maybe email or tweet them about it?
Limited only twice i think, but it was as soon as it was available, so not sure if they oversell, probably just message them on twitter as the post about suggested.

I contacted them through customer support and am now waiting for a response. I don't actually have a Twitter nor do I even know how to use it but I guess if customer support is a bust I might try it out. Thanks for the heads up.

they'll take the money instantly with paypal, no idea if OP is a new customer or not and i can't remember if they let you use paypal for your first order or not, i remember when i signed up to them when ico/sotc came out i had to do some verification with card charges first

I actually just did make my account and had to link a visa/mastercard/american express. Then I ordered the item and I didn't have to pay. If I go to my orders now I can choose to pay through either the Paypal I linked or the card I linked. That being said I made Paypal my default payment option but it does state "If you do not pre-pay we will charge your card when your pre-order is ready for dispatch. ". I wonder if that's just the default thing and they mean charge you using your default payment option or if they'll just charge my card. It's probably the second option seeing as If I want to remove my card, it says it'll delete all unpaid preorders since there is no payment option left despite my default payment (Paypal) still being linked.

Dave

Oct 26, 2017
Any great deals for PS credit? If I can get a cheap enough deal, around 60 quid, I may get DMCV and Rage 2.

Dave

Oct 26, 2017
ElectronicFirst have £35 PS credit for £29, can then purchase Devil May Cry 5 on PS store for £34.99, under £30.

WarrenD

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Any decent Xbox one x deals about? It's time for a 4K system but I also want a 4K Blu-ray player so I'm not upgrading my PS4.

manustany

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 27, 2017
The Space
There are almost new 400 games on sale on the EU PS Store. Combined with last week's sale, I think half of the games on the PS Store are currently discounted, LOL