TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
I believe almost all Switch games have global SKU. I bought Zelda, 1-2 Switch and Fire Embelm Warriors from Germany. My Switch's language is Japanese and besides Fire Emblem I can play all of them in Japanese. The language is automatically selected as console display language. First you can check the supported languages from the eShop and after that you can see if you can play it with your local language.

05a10544-6f0e-47ef-8kdczh.jpeg

This is the back of the game and you can see the supported languages near the seal.

NO! Be warned, only relatively few (mostly digital-only games) are global SKUs. It is by no means safe to assume. BotW is not the standard.

Cow

Oct 25, 2017
I'd hope not since I used the funds they gave me for that reason :/

You should be fine, but you should be careful abusing their policies. Same with returns. Google it and you will find many stories of people banned for returning items or memeing the live chat for voucher. I too often get vouchers from live chat.

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
I always thought this was the case since they were all the same on the eShop. I'll be more careful with my purchases next time. Thanks for the warning.
Lots of games are at least split between Japan and the rest (EU/AU/NA), like when the retail card comes with JP voices as default installed and you can download JP voices in the Western releases. So even when all languages are in all versions, they can have a different SKU (this is relevant for cross-regional DLC compatibility on the eShop!)

You wanna check the product ID on the back of the box

on your example pic, BotW is HAC-AAAAA-XXX. The only letter that matters is the fifth one in the middle. That one tells you everything about which regional SKU situation you're looking at (well, almost everything). Unfortunately it doesn't allow you to clearly identify which region it is from or for or how many there are, it just lets you see when there is a differentiation. BotW has HAC-xxxxA-XXX in all territories, that is a global SKU. But something like Splatoon 2 has HAC-xxxxA-xxx for Japan, HAC-xxxxB-xxx for NA and Australia (note that Australia's SKU belongs to NA here and not fellow PAL-buddy EU for some reason) and EU is HAC-xxxxC-xxx. Now, B is not always NA and C is not always EU and A does not automatically tell you it's global or Japan. It's somewhat unclear what determines this but it is somehow related to the order it is published in and where the publisher's main HQ is. It's a bit of a mess.

Is there any way to know which game have global SKUs, I preordered smash LE and I need to register the game (preferably to my us account) to get piranha plant for free
Smash is tough to predict due to the insane amount of localized VO they're doing on top of all the other audio and how that all fits onto a card (we don't know the size).

SuperSah

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
You should be fine, but you should be careful abusing their policies. Same with returns. Google it and you will find many stories of people banned for returning items or memeing the live chat for voucher. I too often get vouchers from live chat.

Thanks for the heads up! I did tell them Xeno 2 and used it directly for Xeno 2. Just happened that they gave me more than they said for some reason.

Peek-a-boo!

Oct 30, 2017
Woodbridge
Xbox One S is £150/€150 with a bundled game everywhere.

PlayStation 4? Gotta spend over £200/€200 (!)

It's incredible how big the difference is between the two...

Nymir

Oct 27, 2017

LewieP

Oct 26, 2017
If anyone is able to get that HZD complete edition digital $10 work, could you get a +1 for me, I am having trouble with my payment mechanism. I can paypal + tip that amount immediately.

Edit: MikeHattsu took care of this for me.

Last edited:

Peradam

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Jan 11, 2018

Evergarden

Oct 25, 2017
Lots of games are at least split between Japan and the rest (EU/AU/NA), like when the retail card comes with JP voices as default installed and you can download JP voices in the Western releases. So even when all languages are in all versions, they can have a different SKU (this is relevant for cross-regional DLC compatibility on the eShop!)

You wanna check the product ID on the back of the box

on your example pic, BotW is HAC-AAAAA-XXX. The only letter that matters is the fifth one in the middle. That one tells you everything about which regional SKU situation you're looking at (well, almost everything). Unfortunately it doesn't allow you to clearly identify which region it is from or for or how many there are, it just lets you see when there is a differentiation. BotW has HAC-xxxxA-XXX in all territories, that is a global SKU. But something like Splatoon 2 has HAC-xxxxA-xxx for Japan, HAC-xxxxB-xxx for NA and Australia (note that Australia's SKU belongs to NA here and not fellow PAL-buddy EU for some reason) and EU is HAC-xxxxC-xxx. Now, B is not always NA and C is not always EU and A does not automatically tell you it's global or Japan. It's somewhat unclear what determines this but it is somehow related to the order it is published in and where the publisher's main HQ is. It's a bit of a mess.

Thanks for the enlightening reply.That's indeed complicated. It's like they kinda implemented a PAL-NTSC system but changed it a little bit. I've just checked the copy of my SNK Heroines which I've bought from Japan. 5th letter is indeed A. Even though it has the all languages installed, it has been declared as a JPN Region game.

Ethan Hutn

Banned
Jan 20, 2018
Absolute shit deals for ps4 pro. It went for £300 last year. Xbox One X on the other hand has decent deals running.

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
Thanks for the enlightening reply.That's indeed complicated. It's like they kinda implemented a PAL-NTSC system but changed it a little bit. I've just checked the copy of my SNK Heroines which I've bought from Japan. 5th letter is indeed A. Even though it has the all languages installed, it has been declared as a JPN Region game.
compare now with a EU/PAL (German copy specifically) which has HAC-xxxxC-xxx, meaning the NA SKU will be a B-one in this case most likely.

Just

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
For someone looking for Switch games with good deal, which site(s) I should be looking into?

Evergarden

Oct 25, 2017
For someone looking for Switch games with good deal, which site(s) I should be looking into?

Amazon.de has 3 Games for 100€ and 3 Games for 70€, you can find the links above for both campaigns.
Other than that you can check Game, Shopto, Saturn, eShop and other European Amazon stores.

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
I checked the Fire Emblem Warriors and it's HAC-ADXHB-GER
SNK Heriones : HAC-APVSA-JPN
And Zelda is : HAC-AAAAA-GER

Nintendo Strikes Back, lol
yea like I said, Zelda is the early example for a global SKU. FE Warriors is one of those examples with the JP voice DL in the West but of course JP voices being the default inclusion in Japan so the SKUs are split into A (Japan) and B (PAL and NA). It's tough to watch out for at day-1 if you're prone to mixing regions and want to keep your doors open for DLC and stuff.

DrKelpo

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
@GermanERA
You can create a new account at OTTO.de, then use two codes at the checkout (5% off: 12703 and 15€ welcome bonus: 82548).
With these codes the PS4 Pro Red Dead Redemption 2 bundle costs 317,49€, which is the best deal so far.

LordRuyn

Oct 29, 2017
Got myself a switch for 279 from GameStop since i missed out on the eBay deal for 259. Can't wait to load up WF on it

GAMEPROFF

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
There was one Ebay Deal for 244€, who sold around 3 thousand units and it looks like a really small shop... I hope everyone gets their money back lol