Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
What is with the second area reusing

aspects of the Sunleth Waterscape from FF13? If it were just the weather-changing mechanic that'd be one thing, but after a point, the music literally changes to a rendition of the Sunleth music.

Viale

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone got the survey link? Really don't want to do it on my ps5 lmao

Cana

▲ Legend ▲
Mar 27, 2021
fists seem bad at first glance. Has a few moves that make you airborne but the landing recovery means you cannot parry after. I need to figure out how prowess works, if it works like Fists in Nioh 2 etc. How do I know what prowess lvl i am? Who knows.

Kupo Kupopo

Jul 6, 2019
Just in the tutorial area in performance mode... this seems to be running worse than the original demo?

EDIT: This is for sure running worse than the first demo, what the fuck. It looks worse than Nioh 2 and runs worse?

gotta wonder just how long this game's been under development, & how much 'modification' has been involved...

Vonocourt

Oct 25, 2017
gotta wonder just how long this game's been under development, & how much 'modification' has been involved...
I don't like to rag on folks because game dev is hard. But Nioh saw visible improvements throughout its various network tests, and while it was never a tour deforce visuall, it ran well even on base PS4.

I hope they sort this out before launch, but this game is constantly chunking up something fierce for a game that doesn't look particularly show worthy.

EDIT: Like the game shits the bed when you smash the pots littered around the level.

QisTopTier

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
fists seem bad at first glance. Has a few moves that make you airborne but the landing recovery means you cannot parry after. I need to figure out how prowess works, if it works like Fists in Nioh 2 etc. How do I know what prowess lvl i am? Who knows.
blue glowy hands lvl 2 red lvl3

AaronMT

Oct 27, 2017
Toronto
On PS5 the game looks and performs like a PS3 game. Aside from that I had fun. Wiped on Chaos a couple times before I got the rhythm.

Firmus_Anguis

AVALANCHE
Oct 30, 2017
Perfomance mode, my ass.

It looks like a PS3/360-era game and plays like one as well.

This will only end in one way - Chaos.

Nov 1, 2017
First impression. The way the game runs in performance mode is absolutely unacceptable, i almost thought something was wrong with my PS5.

BUT I am liking the combat system and the enemy variety so far, the mechanic where you can shoot the enemies' attacks back at them is really satisfying. And the thing about the Nioh games is that the gameplay got far more interesting the deeper you got into it and the more skills you unlocked to flesh out the combat. So I am optimistic that the same will be the case for Stranger of Paradise.

Equipment system is a mess. I have so much junk and class boosting equipment but the optimization never takes that into account. Like it feels like if you took your time on the equipment that would be most of your game time.
So its basically Nioh lol

Last edited:

Mesharey

Dec 7, 2017
Kuwait
I just tried the demo on both PS5 & XSX, and since XSX supports VRR, it feels so much better there.

Looking forward to it, I honestly wanted the release to be in like June or August, I feel March is too close to fix the obvious issues, anyway day 1.

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
This demo is just as bad as the first. The only improvement I've seen is they seem to have fixed the black crush and... that's it? What even is the point of this v2 demo, at least the Nioh beta massively improved on its alpha, this is still a disaster.

It still looks and runs like shit (despite being on PS5 with performance mode on!) and the gameplay is still pretty mediocre, it does literally nothing better than Nioh, it's worse in every way, from level design, combat, visuals, even the loot system is more cluttered somehow.

This game is 6 months away? lol

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
With the new trailer and article from Famitsu about the new Final Fantasy game, several sites have posted different news about it. Here are some of the news and parts of the articles on the sites:

- The creators of Stranger of Paradise: Final Fantasy Origin have revealed that the final game will contain more jobs than Final Fantasy V:
https://screenrant.com/stranger-paradise-final-fantasy-origin-jobs-ffv-ff5/

- Princess Sarah Will Have a Larger Role in Final Fantasy Origin:
https://www.siliconera.com/princess-sarah-will-have-a-larger-role-in-final-fantasy-origin/

- STRANGER OF PARADISE FINAL FANTASY ORIGIN: What's in TRIAL VERSION 2?
https://square-enix-games.com/en_US/news/stranger-of-paradise-trial-version-2
A new area full of family threats; New jobs: Pugilist, White Mage, Swordfighter, Duelist, Red Mage, Knight, Thief and Monk; Control your companions; 3-player co-op.

- Stranger Of Paradise: Final Fantasy Origin Interview: Daisuke Inoue, Jin Fujiwara, And Fumihiko Yasuda:
https://www.thegamer.com/stranger-o...w-daisuke-inoue-jin-fujiwara-fumihiko-yasuda/

- 'FINAL FANTASY ORIGIN' TRAILER: TETSUYA NOMURA BREAKS DOWN THAT SHOCKING TWIST:
https://www.inverse.com/gaming/final-fantasy-origin-garland-tetsuya-nomura-interview-exclusive

these interviews made me tons more excited for the game. Holy shite day 1!

darkhunger

Oct 28, 2017
USA
What is with the second area reusing

aspects of the Sunleth Waterscape from FF13? If it were just the weather-changing mechanic that'd be one thing, but after a point, the music literally changes to a rendition of the Sunleth music.
They did say the game incorporates stuff from other FFs, so it might be intentional.

Rommaz

Nov 27, 2017
Kitwe, Zambia.
Beat the demo plus the side mission with the bosses. This game is so so fun. Team Ninja are the only guys I can trust to do a soulslike besides From and they are delivering here.

But God they need to fix the framerate by launch

Temperance

"This guy are sick"
Oct 25, 2017
[NO 2FA]
Having fun playing co-op with a buddy. If you can group up without restrictions i think i'm leaning to get this a lot more.

LycanXIII

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Completed the demo (2 missions + 1 side mission) and this game is still a mess: same unresponsive controls, same magic wheel, same unintuitive UI with loads of items you will never use and you have to drop to remove the clutter, etc.

The new boss was not fun to play against (unlike Chaos Advent, which was ok), and the locale (clearly inspired by Sunleth Waterscape from ff13, if not the same) was unexpected and not enticing.

So yeah, i will give the demo another whirl (cooperatively this time, if i find someone that is not idling), but i dont expect to touch this game unless they put it on gamepass or something, which seems quite likely given how much SQE likes exclusivity money.
Where do you find the side mission? I didn't know about it until the survey

Edit: nvm, found it

Osu 16 Bit

QA Lead at NetherRealm Studios
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago, IL
Is there anything more after you beat the two missions and the side mission? All I have left on the map is the weapon tutorials.

Hybris

Oct 25, 2017
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
The new mission boss on hard is really fucking hard. Idk if its me playing an underpowered job (thief) or something, but I had to drop it down to action to save my sanity. I went back through on hard after leveling up Knight and it was a lot more managable. Knight seems crazy strong with the damage on block. It even works on soul shield, so you are just doing so much stagger damage just by playing defense. Fast attacks as well so its really safe. And auto heal on block parry counter. Just all around strong.

Last edited:

Mengetsu

Oct 27, 2017
I can't find nothing on the mutiplayer. I wanted to play with me and my friends but, when we create a room on PS5 there's no way in game to invite them? What gives?

Dlanor A. Knox

▲ Legend ▲
Apr 6, 2018
I unlocked monk, but can't equip the job?? I have both pugilist and lancer, what am I missing?
Do I have to unlock the job in both trees?
Edit: yup that was it

Last edited:

Deleted member 10119

User requested account closure
Banned
Aug 8, 2021
So has anybody else tried out Neon's class?
The Swordfighter job?

It seems to be the most overpowered job in the game.
It gives you a skill called "Interception" which when used consumes 1 MP to place a long lasting buff on your character.
If you character takes a hit from the front or back (heck, even the sides) while the buff is active. Your character will negate the attack completely and launch a counter attack in the attacker's direction.

I just went back and fought Chaos with this and he dealt 0 damage to me for the entire fight. Completely and absurdly imbalanced job 🤣
I hope they don't tune it down for the final game.

FriendlyNPC

Oct 27, 2017
Just played the demo: I think they got quite a few cool ideas and are on the right track to a fun Nioh clone but ultimately fall short in every aspect in its current iteration. It needs another year or two:

Controls feel unresponsive most of the time and magic casting is just plain awful. Encounters are chaotic and don't feel very well thought out with enemies being hard to separate from each other and attacks being visually hard to parse, blending into the games low dynamic contrast visuals. Adding shortcuts/loopbacks to a level alone doesn't make for FROM tier level design.

The game looks like a early PS4 game while running like a PS3 game, and that is in performance mode. The camera is a juddery mess and the game constantly drops well below its target framerate. Just completely unacceptable in technical terms.

I have beaten Nioh 1 on ps5 a couple months ago and to be honest, before I'd even consider picking this up, I will boot up Nioh 2 instead.

Last edited:

SmokedSalmon

Apr 1, 2019
Just beat the side mission so I think I did everything. The demo has been a lot of fun. Red Mage is supper good.

My biggest problem is how hard it is to use combo abilities against bosses and enemies that don't stagger from regular attacks (which is most of them).

Even using haste with the red mage, landing a R1>R1>R1>R2 attack seems impossible. The enemy either jumps out of the way or hits you as you hit them.

I would like to have more immediate access to them, like if combo abilities (and buffs) could be set to the face buttons and dpad when you hold down a shoulder button.

Either that or I think more combo abilities should be equipable to any part of a combo. You have this big combo tree but most combo abilities can only be set to one part of the tree.

Combo abilities already use MP so I don't really see the need to make them so hard to pull off.

Nov 1, 2017
Some thoughts on the demo from a big fan of Souls and Nioh 2

The good:
-The job system. There seems to be a LOT of depth and variety here to the playstyles of the jobs and their movesets, even if the combat isn't quite as technical as Nioh 2. But the combat system isn't simple by any means, there's still a lot going on here.
-The game encourages encourages you to experiment with all the jobs without being underpowered. Unlike Nioh & Souls, you don't have to build your character to be strong with only a few weapon types or else you do lesser damage with all the other weapons. The strength of the job and its weapons are based on gear and unlocks on the skill tree (at least in the demo)
-Enemy variety seems great. Each enemy has unique animations for the finishing move and the unblockable attack against your character, really cool.
-The "soul shield" mechanic is very satisfying and makes blocking more valuable than in the other games. Blocking with soul shield you gain MP while also draining their stamina, but you have to know when to dodge and when to soul block to manage your own stamina.. Also its cool how you can use it to capture the enemy's attacks and send it back at them.
-The gameplay is very fun and should be easier for more people to pick up and play than Nioh. Plus there's an easy mode.

Not so good:
-Graphics and framerate of course. The game is clearly terribly optimized for the systems at this point but I expect it to be fixed by launch
-The bosses do unnecessarily high amounts of damage. The same is true for the Nioh games where a lot of the difficulty comes from the bosses having too many attacks that kill you instantly from full health if you miss a dodge or block or run out of stamina, and your character feels like they're made of glass even if you're wearing heavy armor. Bosses in Dark Souls never felt this cheap, it honestly feels unbalanced like a cheap artificial way to make the boss fight hard.
-Sometimes the all the special effects obscure the boss so you can't see their next attack in order to react, so you will probably get caught in a combo and die. I had this problem with the second phase of Chaos Advent with all the ice effects, until I realized the best strat is not to soul block his attacks but to dodge behind him.

Last edited:

Rellyrell28

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'm gonna uninstall the demo now. Played through the two worlds and did a little of the side mission up until the double boss. They already got my money so I don't need to play this anymore just need to preorder it and wait for it to come out.

Cana

▲ Legend ▲
Mar 27, 2021
There are a lot of useless Action Abilities, especially for the Pugilist job. They leave you airborne and have long recovery making them high risk for an okay reward.

You know what this game needs? Dodge offset like Bayonetta. Let me dodge while holding an atk button and then continue the combo. This way I could actually land the shoryuken ability for fists without taking dmg.

Cana

▲ Legend ▲
Mar 27, 2021
Some thoughts on the demo from a big fan of Souls and Nioh 2

The good:
-The job system. There seems to be a LOT of depth and variety here to the playstyles of the jobs and their movesets, even if the combat isn't quite as technical as Nioh 2. But the combat system isn't simple by any means, there's still a lot going on here.
-The game encourages encourages you to experiment with all the jobs without being underpowered. Unlike Nioh & Souls, you don't have to build your character to be strong with only a few weapon types or else you do no damage with all the other weapons. The strength of the job and its weapons are based on gear and unlocks on the skill tree (at least in the demo)
-Enemy variety seems great. Each enemy has unique animations for the finishing move and the unblockable attack against your character, really cool.
-The "soul shield" mechanic is very satisfying and makes blocking more valuable than in the other games. Blocking with soul shield you gain MP while also draining their stamina, but you have to know when to dodge and when to soul block to manage your own stamina.. Also its cool how you can use it to capture the enemy's attacks and send it back at them.
-The gameplay is very fun and should be easier for more people to pick up and play than Nioh. Plus there's an easy mode.

Not so good:
-Graphics and framerate of course. The game is clearly terribly optimized for the systems at this point but I expect it to be fixed by launch
-The bosses do unnecessarily high amounts of damage. The same is true for the Nioh games where a lot of the difficulty comes from the bosses having too many attacks that kill you instantly from full health if you miss a dodge or block or run out of stamina, and your character feels like they're made of glass even if you're wearing heavy armor. Bosses in Dark Souls never felt this cheap, it honestly feels unbalanced like a cheap artificial way to make the boss fight hard.
-Sometimes the all the special effects obscure the boss so you can't see their next attack in order to react, so you will probably get caught in a combo and die. I had this problem with the second phase of Chaos Advent with all the ice effects, until I realized the best strat is not to soul block his attacks but to dodge behind him.

If its like Nioh, boss dmg and health will be nerfed for full release. They always make the demo bosses harder

LakeEarth

Oct 27, 2017
Ontario
I like it. I'm trying out being a mage which is great against mobs but kinda tough with bosses, but of course I probably shouldn't be trying to charge spells all the way.

QisTopTier

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
knight with pugs counter and lancer sway skills is hilarious

soul guard for days dishing out tons of stun damage on guard then sway to regain your bar back lol 0 down time

I recommend everyone trying the demo to unlock sway and use it

Kudo

Oct 25, 2017
I was on fence whether to get PS5 or PC but looking at the second area, even if Team Ninja PC ports are not the best I'm definitely hoping for better performance there.
Maybe they'll do another turnaround like with Nioh but it will come at a cost.

Gameplay wise, I loved it. Beat all levels on Action difficulty and it felt nice, not as polished as FromSoft or Nioh but they still got time.

Anbec

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Question, on the first area I want to unlock the Knight job but it seems I'm missing one... I mean one is swordsman but the other i don't see it around there??

Gouf

May 17, 2018
There are a lot of useless Action Abilities, especially for the Pugilist job. They leave you airborne and have long recovery making them high risk for an okay reward.
I found the abilities to be pretty useful on the Pugilist job. A lot of them are air launchers or can be used to wall splat enemies and down them easily. It seems like it would be good for crowd control too.

Last edited: