Watchtower

Oct 27, 2017
UncomfortablePopularIndianjackal-size_restricted.gif

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017

Video clip, with local media interviewing the racist. Basically paints himself as the victim. Says his racist outburst isn't who he is. Same song and dance these lowlifes do when they actually have to suffer the consequences of their actions.

I love the look on the anchors face when the reporter says that Hans views himself as a victim. She summed that comment up

"Or...take this time to explore why something like that would come out of his mouth at this time."

KarmaCow

Oct 25, 2017
Racist gets a reality check that he is not in fact owed the world for being a small business dipshit.

AlteredBeast

Don't Watch the Tape!
Oct 27, 2017
Unless your Uber driver specifically, unprompted invites you to sit upfront, don't try to sit upfront. The Uber driver isn't your bro, you are paying for a service. You are a stranger, and it's fucking weird and creepy to want to sit upfront.
Lol, okay buddy. I have given 6500 rides and almost always prefer people to sit up front.

Deleted member 82

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Video clip, with local media interviewing the racist. Basically paints himself as the victim. Says his racist outburst isn't who he is. Same song and dance these lowlifes do when they actually have to suffer the consequences of their actions.

Lol, love the CEO's response: "Such a sad story, you have NO idea what has happened here." Eeeer, yes we do, there's footage and everything, dipshit.
Also, the guy is standing on the front door of what looks like a very nice house. Cry me a river.

Bengraven

Powered by Friendship™
Oct 26, 2017
Florida
I can't wait to see how Fox News is going to spin this. I'm sure they'll try and find that the Uber driver had a history of drug abuse or potential bias against white riders or a picture of him from 1984 with a joint in his hand.

Ketch

Oct 25, 2017
The way I act when I think nobody is watching isn't who I truly am. It's the mask I put on in public that's the real me!

Chaos Legion

The Wise Ones
Oct 30, 2017
Dude sucks. He ran to that word with the speed of an Xbox Live teenager, lol.

Is sitting front/back a cultural thing? I never knew people actually wanted to voluntarily sit up front until a few months ago when one of our friends from Scotland said he always sits up front in his Uber rides.

Deleted member 82

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This seems to be another odd Americanism. People sit up front by default in Canada unless it's a limo.

In France at least, people sit behind by default in an Uber. At least I know I've never sat at the front. Never even thought of asking.

Regardless, all that matters is that the driver asked the customer to sit behind, and had a sticker on his car that explicitly says customers should sit at the back. Even if sitting at the front was the norm, if the driver asks you to sit behind, you sit behind or you call another driver.

Heck, the customer even said he was leaving at first, in a pathetic attempt to make the driver cave. When the driver said "okay, I'll give you a refund", the customer immediately went "what is wrong with you?" like an entitled prick.

Zulith

Oct 25, 2017
West Coast, USA
Horrible, but I guess I don't really get why some people want to sit in the front THAT badly? Back is plenty fine with me. You get more personal space.

Oct 28, 2017
Unless your Uber driver specifically, unprompted invites you to sit upfront, don't try to sit upfront. The Uber driver isn't your bro, you are paying for a service. You are a stranger, and it's fucking weird and creepy to want to sit upfront.
This CEO guy is a piece of shit, but I wouldn't call it weird and creepy to try and sit up front when you're just not thinking about it much. I think it's easy for people who don't cause problems for drivers to not think much about sitting up front. Of course, these people would also respect their request to sit in the back and not act like a crying racist baby too.

BWoog

Oct 27, 2017
Did folks catch that the CEO tried "Debate Me!" before being kicked out?

DarkMagician

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I get motion sickness in the back seat so I prefer to sit in the front. :\

gutter_trash

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Montreal
That was one unprofessional racist CEO.
Treat employees right!

I only sit in the front when it's a sliding door minivan. Other than that, i always sit in the back

Kapryov

"This guy are sick"
Oct 27, 2017
Australia
Who the fuck sits up in the front when taking an Uber/Taxi alone.
While this has nothing to do with the topic overall - as the driver specifically and clearly requests people don't sit up front and most logical people will be ok with that - this post will bring in replies from people that don't live in the US.
By default most people sit in the front in Australia, for example, it's kinda awkward if your the only passenger and sit in the back. I guess it's a cultural thing.

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

I wonder what he considers "proportional" in language, manners, behavior and consequences?

I turned it into an online adventure game.

You awaken in the 21st century. You're an adult professional, pillar of the community and highly successful and accomplished.

> examine inventory.

In your pockets you find a Cross pen, five of your own business cards and a cell phone.

> examine business cards

your name is Hans Berglund, CEO, Agroplasma.

>
examine phone

"your Uber has arrived" flashes on screen. There are two doors. the passenger front side has a small indistinct sign on it.

> get into front seat

you enter the car but the driver politely requests all passengers sit in the rear. You can see the small sign more distinctly.

> threaten driver with negative review and sit in back

The driver politely begins to explain his policy, apologizing for the inconvenience

> threaten driver but remain in vehicle

The driver politely suggests you arrange a different vehicle

> call driver a n*****

You have been ejected from this server for a violation of terms of use. This violation will be visible on your profile.

Last edited:

Isilia

Mar 11, 2019
US: PA
When you cannot even read a sign and your default is to throw the N word around, you probably deserve what comes at you next. Life comes at you fast, etc.

Weird or no, it is his request taped onto the car. Not too hard of a concession I would think.

Byakuya769

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
While this has nothing to do with the topic overall - as the driver specifically and clearly requests people don't sit up front and most logical people will be ok with that - this post will bring in replies from people that don't live in the US.
By default most people sit in the front in Australia, for example, it's kinda awkward if your the only passenger and sit in the back. I guess it's a cultural thing.
In America we're all temporarily embarrassed and impoverished future millionaires, why would we sit up front with our servants?

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
Pleasantly surprised that they guy got fired. Usually people that high up in companies are nearly untouchable, no matter how shitty or incompetent they are.

Radd Redd

Oct 27, 2017
Seems to be normal in part of the usa where I live as well. That passenger had no right to be dropping the N word on that driver and should've just sat in the back or get another uber.

Oct 27, 2017
That's such an unnecessarily terrible reaction for nothing. Just sit in the back and shut the fuck up.

I think everything the CEO (Hans) did makes complete sense.

Hans saw that he was going to be picked up by a driver (Randy) that is black. He doesn't care for black people so he clicked on the Randy's profile and saw the VERY clear notice at the top of the profile about how Randy prefers passengers to be in the backseat. Hans also most definitely saw those extraordinarily clear, color-contrasting labels that Randy put on the front passenger door and window. Hans probably was grinning ear-to-ear at his chance to give a microaggression to a black guy. But Randy stood his ground, denying Hans one of the greatest pleasures he has in life and then Hans let an N-bomb slip out.

I mean if you assume that Hans enjoys being an asshole to others who just look different, everything makes sense about this.

Inugami

Oct 25, 2017
Who even wants to sit up front when you're the only person riding an Uber? This is like being in a bathroom with 5 open urinals and picking the only one next to someone else.

I think everything the CEO (Hans) did makes complete sense.

Hans saw that he was going to be picked up by a driver (Randy) that is black. He doesn't care for black people so he clicked on the Randy's profile and saw the VERY clear notice at the top of the profile about how Randy prefers passengers to be in the backseat. Hans also most definitely saw those extraordinarily clear, color-contrasting labels that Randy put on the front passenger door and window. Hans probably was grinning ear-to-ear at his chance to give a microaggression to a black guy. But Randy stood his ground, denying Hans one of the greatest pleasures he has in life and then Hans let an N-bomb slip out.

I mean if you assume that Hans enjoys being an asshole to others who just look different, everything makes sense about this.

This absolutely makes too much sense.

Necromanti

Oct 25, 2017
Between him getting a DUI and overstaying his visa, I suppose he was karmically due for being...inconvenienced. I guess he's lucky he wasn't booted before he became a citizen.

Nov 1, 2017
Glad that the CEO was fired and that Randy can continue on like normal.

As far as the uber/Lyft talk, I typically ask the driver. The first few times I used it I got asked why I was sitting in the back. Maybe I just get chatty drivers as I'd say it's probably a 70/30 split for sitting in the front versus the back. Most of my rides were after midnight too though so maybe they just wanted to make sure I wasn't doing anything shady back there.

Nepenthe

When the music hits, you feel no pain.
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Dude called a black man a nigger simply because he wouldn't allow him full use of his car, and he thinks he's the victim in anything.

White racists are a trip.