spootime

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
imrs.php

imrs.php

Damn what more could the dude do?

I laughed at this for a while. The sheer number of warnings this dude gives. What else can you even do at that point? Needs to wrap the entire car with it.

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
H...
How do you call someone a nigger and then say you're not racist?

the math on which kind of person is most likely to flip out over being called a racist is more or less a 1:1 thing.

In fact what "racist " actually means to these people is a combination of "I have caught you doing a morally indefensible wrong" and "I deplore people of other races but unfortunately while I am obviously correct to consider them inferior and bad, it is currently unpalatable to be publicly identified as such outside of very narrow circles and it's a kind of unfair Scarlett Letter white people are unfairly burdened with, at least for now."

they don't think the content of racism is wrong- it's akin to being caught masturbating- a thing they simply assume everyone does in private but shameful when exposed.

Broken Hope

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Unless your Uber driver specifically, unprompted invites you to sit upfront, don't try to sit upfront. The Uber driver isn't your bro, you are paying for a service. You are a stranger, and it's fucking weird and creepy to want to sit upfront.
It's completely normal to sit up front in England, unless it's a London style taxi.

Temperance

"This guy are sick"
Oct 25, 2017
[NO 2FA]
He got what was coming to him, prob did it a bunch before.

The ONLY correct sitting arrangement in a single passenger taxi/uber as the rider is <insert bias here> and I won't hear any different!

this side convo is oddly engaging

Yasuke

Oct 25, 2017
I hate when people sit up front when I'm driving for uber/lyft. It's weird and I don't get why you'd want to do it when you're riding solo. Get in the back.

It's a hard habit to break in cities where Taxi's protested Uber super hard, during that time every Uber wanted you in the front, so they wouldn't get their car smashed up

Wait, what?

pixelpatron

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Seattle
Lol the name of his company 'Agro"...what an idiot.

Didn't anyone learn from Kramer's career suicide? Ya just don't use that word unless your skin allows you to do so; although to quote Samuel Jackson from the film Coach Carter..

Great freaking film if you haven't seen it.

GCQ

Oct 27, 2017
Raleigh, NC
I hate when people sit up front when I'm driving for uber/lyft. It's weird and I don't get why you'd want to do it when you're riding solo. Get in the back.

Totally agree. And for the folks who think the driver doesn't mind because they "let" you, they probably only said yes to avoid potentially getting a bad rating. This incident's an extreme example reaction wise, but some people don't like being told they can't do something and rate low for any kind of pushback when they do something they're not supposed/asked not to do.

Yasuke

Oct 25, 2017
Totally agree. And for the folks who think the driver doesn't mind because they "let" you, they probably only said yes to avoid potentially getting a bad rating. This incident's an extreme example reaction wise, but some people don't like being told they can't do something and rate low for any kind of pushback when they do something they're not supposed/asked not to do.

Bingo.

It's just extremely uncomfortable.

although to quote Samuel Jackson from the film Coach Carter..

Great film, but fuck that scene.

White people learn to use that word for hateful reasons. That ain't black folk problems, and it's stupid to claim otherwise when it's not a word we even invented in the first place.

We can use it when and how we damn well please.

Scarlet Spider

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
I just can't imagine wanting to sit in the front seat. Like here in Brooklyn, I never see anyone attempt to sit in the front outside of sharing with three others. If the driver is a friend sure, but not a stranger. It's a cab, and I would like to avoid talking if possible so I head to the back. This old dude is weird, and got what he deserves, fuck him.

$10 Bagel

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Lol the name of his company 'Agro"...what an idiot.

Didn't anyone learn from Kramer's career suicide? Ya just don't use that word unless your skin allows you to do so; although to quote Samuel Jackson from the film Coach Carter..

Great freaking film if you haven't seen it.

Sam basically made his career from saying the word

Guys, it's irrelevant whether sitting in the back is okay or not. You know what's not okay? when someone puts up 3 warnings that front seat use is reserved for parties of 3 and since you're a rich CEO you think rules dont apply to you because in every other aspect of your life, rules don't.

SlipperyMoose

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Lmao well RIP to that guy. You can't get away with being that type of person anymore. Well unless you run for president I guess.

Gotdatmoney

Oct 28, 2017
As a fellow Canadian, I disagree. Maybe it's specific to your area. In the multiple cities and towns I've lived in, in Ontario, people sit in the back of taxis and ubers/lyfts unless the back is full.

I'm Canadian and live in Ontario and I normally sit in the front. I've rode in London, Hamilton and Toronto. I'm really tall and the front has more leg room so that's where I naturally sit. I don't really think this matters though. If a driver asked me to sit in the back I would just sit in the back. Not an issue.

Deception

Nov 15, 2017
Have you ever heard of child safety features? These are only active in the back seat and can stop you from opening your doors or windows. My girlfriend always rides in the front seat because she can open the passenger door no matter what in case of a situation with a weirdo. Not to mention, Uber Pool is a thing and she doesn't like to sit next to random people in the backseat after being hit on multiple times by random drunk assholes.

On topic, fuck this guy and i'm glad he was fired for being a racist POS. The ironic part is when he tries to play it as the driver being racist against him and then immediately drops the N bomb.

Deleted member 3010

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
IDK, I always sit in the back out of respect for the Taxi driver.
H...
How do you call someone a nigger and then say you're not racist?
They ALL do that! :lol

After being caught, they're all ''This isn't who I am.'' because they fucking got caught and hold value to their semblance of public 'bien paraître'.

Last edited:

Starviper

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Minneapolis
I used to sit in the front just because anytime i'd give someone a ride that was a friend they'd do the same, but after some time I eventually realized that might make drivers more uncomfortable so I default to the back every time when taking Uber/Lyft.

That CEO is entitled, I should add. Driver clearly posted he doesn't want people in the front.

Dalik

Nov 1, 2017
heavy.com

Hans Berglund: CEO Uses N-Word in Rant Against Black Uber Driver

Hans Berglund is the CEO of an Arizona company, Agroplasma, who was caught on video using the n-word during a rant against a black Uber driver.

Lol.

Also says he had a DUI and reckless in 2013. So not only can he not drive he can't even fucking ride properly in a car. He should be made to bike everywhere.
Racist white old guy donating to trump. Oh no no no, I never would have guessed!
Fuck this piece of shit.

GoldenEye 007

Roll Tide, Y'all!
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
I just can't imagine ever wanting to sit in the front of an Uber/Lyft if you didn't have to. Makes zero sense to me.

TheIlliterati

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I'd like to get people's opinion on this:

First, to establish
1)Glad this guy got fired, he's a fucking racist and should've just sat where he was told besides
2)I don't take Uber/Lyft ever, but if I did my inclination would be to sit in the back.

So my question:
When I've dropped my car off for repair at a garage or dealership, they often provide a quick drive back home or pick up with one of their employees. In those cases, I always get in the front. For SOME reason, in my head that's different than an Uber. Is this this weird reasoning or does anyone else have this feeling?

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I just can't imagine ever wanting to sit in the front of an Uber/Lyft if you didn't have to. Makes zero sense to me.

If you're visiting a new City and want to see everything it's much better visibility. And a lot of people feel guilty about using the driver like a chauffeur.

I recently had an assigned driver for a work thing and it was a loaded limo Mercedes sprinter- I asked the driver first and got a much better sense of the country and city as a result.

I asked if he'd had any famous passengers and he named several megastars but was confused when I flipped out over Danny DeVito who had sat in the front seat the month before because he "didn't wanna put on any airs or graces y'know?"

he truly is the greatest artist of all time and I have sat in his bumcheek groove. I hope to have absorbed one or two DeVito atoms. I then had to explain Frank Reynolds and kept it upbeat and complimentary as I glanced nervously back at the black leather couch bench in the rear.
Caution, artistic portrayal of the magnificent human physique:

W9agYeF.gif

GCQ

Oct 27, 2017
Raleigh, NC
Have you ever heard of child safety features? These are only active in the back seat and can stop you from opening your doors or windows. My girlfriend always rides in the front seat because she can open the passenger door no matter what in case of a situation with a weirdo. Not to mention, Uber Pool is a thing and she doesn't like to sit next to random people in the backseat after being hit on multiple times by random drunk assholes.

And it gets extremely exhausting as a 4.93 rated big black dude with over 8000 trips having to prove I don't bite. If a person's that worried about me being a weirdo, fine. I'll cancel the request, get on with my life and they can take their chances on someone else.

Jogi

Prophet of Regret
Jul 4, 2018
What a racist idiot. That clip could have ended within 10 seconds, he could have been refunded and called another Uber and done deal..but nope. Had to show off his racism. So in the end, he gets fired, everyone clearly sees he's racist and he still had to call another Uber. Like wtf?!

Deception

Nov 15, 2017
And it gets extremely exhausting as a 4.93 rated big black dude with over 8000 trips having to prove I don't bite. If a person's that worried about me being a weirdo, fine. I'll cancel the request, get on with my life and they can take their chances on someone else.
I didn't mean this as a slight against you but you have to understand why a woman would be worried about getting into a strangers car that she doesn't know.

Durden

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
At first I thought this was saying that this was the CEO OF Uber, which would have just been too much.

Fuck this dude and his whining about it too. Saw a news report where he's in front of his nice as fuck house bein like "you have no idea how sad this is for me". Fuck you.

RedMercury

Blue Venus
Dec 24, 2017
I get nervous driving when people sit in the back, they can reach around and getcha you know. Could be doing anything back there, I need to know what's going on!

GCQ

Oct 27, 2017
Raleigh, NC
I didn't mean this as a slight against you but you have to understand why a woman would be worried about getting into a strangers car that she doesn't know.

I totally get that aspect of it and don't take it for granted, but I find it kind of funny (but sadly not surprising anymore) how easily people gloss over the other side of that in a topic where the DRIVER was slighted. And what about women drivers? You think they don't have those same apprehensions?

If a person's that worried about getting in a stranger's car, then don't. Call a friend. Otherwise, trust (via my ratings, reviews, and verification of my other info) that that I know how to do my job.

Deception

Nov 15, 2017
I totally get that aspect of it and don't take it for granted, but I find it kind of funny (but sadly not surprising anymore) how easily people gloss over the other side of that in a topic where the DRIVER was slighted. And what about women drivers? You think they don't have those same apprehensions?

If a person's that worried about getting in a stranger's car, then don't. Call a friend. Otherwise, trust (via my ratings, reviews, and verification of my other info) that that I know how to do my job.
Look I totally respect where you're coming from but you're right this isn't the proper thread to have this discussion so i'll leave it at that.