EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
Yup! It's Sylvester

U1vESdq.jpg

No. He just sort of likes to stare blankly at times

he's seen some stuff.

4 videos from today

no sound as you would just hear my chair move around as i was recording. they are pretty quiet when they play fight. maybe one or two yelp. but other than that they are well behaved

also got so used to coming into the office and behaving so well even though they mostly hang out in the warehouse. they adjust real quick.

in the morning i let them in to warm up. they go back out 2 hours before lunch just so they can go do their business and get ready for lunch. an hour after lunch they come back inside. hang out and then take a nap.

THEVOID

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
Just got a new 3rd cat. First week total separation. 2nd week we put up a gate twice a day so they can see each other. Twice the new cat got out and full on attacked our one cat. Quickly broke it up nobody was hurt, but I'm worried if this new cat will fit in. He's such a sweetie but obviously dominant. Any suggestions?

jaekeem

Oct 27, 2017
Just got a new 3rd cat. First week total separation. 2nd week we put up a gate twice a day so they can see each other. Twice the new cat got out and full on attacked our one cat. Quickly broke it up nobody was hurt, but I'm worried if this new cat will fit in. He's such a sweetie but obviously dominant. Any suggestions?

I think you gotta just trust the process. Even if there is some major issue/incompatibility, it's gonna take time to know for sure, especially since there was a bit of a gun jumping. Were they eating closer and closer in sight of each other? What was the status before the gun jumps

THEVOID

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
I think you gotta just trust the process. Even if there is some major issue/incompatibility, it's gonna take time to know for sure, especially since there was a bit of a gun jumping. Were they eating closer and closer in sight of each other? What was the status before the gun jumps

No hissing and my two cats were just chilling watching the new cat. The new cat wanted jump the fence and meow quite a bit. Nothing hostile. The were eating pretty close few hisses but nothing aggressive?

ss_lemonade

Oct 27, 2017
Scotty (gray tabby) always looks like he's ready to stab me. Sylvester on the other hand just looks funny all the time

2ieOb2p.jpg

TyBm9mF.jpg

OP
OP
Weltall Zero

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid

Hard disagree with the commentary that their righting behaviour is lost in weightlessness. You can clearly see them righting themselves to LAND on the nearest surface, which is actually pretty surprising!

Largely depends on how many scars you want to develop on your face.

I recommend 2-3 per cat.

You mean 2-3 per cat per minute, right?

I kiss my cats so much, some of them have learned to kiss back by imitation. :D

Ambitious

Oct 26, 2017
The oldest cat of my parents is probably not gonna with us for long anymore. He's really old. We don't know the exact age, but it's around 20 years.

In the last few years, naturally he became very passive and didn't do anything else but eating and sleeping. But in the last few weeks, his condition worsened. His fur looks terrible, and he basically sleeps in the litter box. He's sitting in the hallway right now, and he's got two pieces of litter stuck to his chin. This is so sad..

He's gone.

My parents brought him to the vet, where he stayed for a few days. The vet confirmed what I read about his litter box behavior online, which is kidney issues. And he had water in his limbs. There wasn't much hope, apparently (I wasn't there), so they had him put him to sleep.

Bye, buddy..

RR30

Oct 22, 2018
He's gone.

My parents brought him to the vet, where he stayed for a few days. The vet confirmed what I read about his litter box behavior online, which is kidney issues. And he had water in his limbs. There wasn't much hope, apparently (I wasn't there), so they had him put him to sleep.

Bye, buddy..

Damn, sorry to hear that. It's never easy to have to put a pet down but sounds like it was probably for the best.

Manu

Oct 27, 2017
Buenos Aires, Argentina
He's gone.

Bye, buddy..
Oh man, I'm so sorry :( 20 years is hell of a run though, it's a lot of time you were able to spend together.

One of Yuna's fang is coming loose. Isn't 10 a bit young for that? Should I take her to the vet?

Ambitious

Oct 26, 2017
Oh man, I'm so sorry :( 20 years is hell of a run though, it's a lot of time you were able to spend together.

One of Yuna's fang is coming loose. Isn't 10 a bit young for that? Should I take her to the vet?

I just wish I had spent more time with him recently. When my parents told me two weeks ago that his condition worsened, I visited them to see him again, just in case he wouldn't live much longer.
But he spent most of the time sleeping in the litter box or eating. And when he was doing neither, I didn't really pet him, because.. well, his fur looked so terrible, and while I personally didn't see anything, my mother warned me that he had often shit stuck to this fur..
I did brush him once, though. He purred. Still, this wasn't the proper goodbye we should have had..

Manu

Oct 27, 2017
Buenos Aires, Argentina
I just wish I had spent more time with him recently. When my parents told me two weeks ago that his condition worsened, I visited them to see him again, just in case he wouldn't live much longer.
But he spent most of the time sleeping in the litter box or eating. And when he was doing neither, I didn't really pet him, because.. well, his fur looked so terrible, and while I personally didn't see anything, my mother warned me that he had often shit stuck to this fur..
I did brush him once, though. He purred. Still, this wasn't the proper goodbye we should have had..
No goodbye ever feels proper. There's always a part of you that thinks "I could've done more."

You were there for him and that's what matters.

maximumzero

Oct 25, 2017
New Orleans, LA
My stray looked at the bed and went the other direction. I put him in it he ran away. lol

He does like the heated window shelf tho.

When we first got him a bed of his own he didn't want to use it, thankfully he eventually gave it a shot.

He used to sleep with us at the foot of the bed every night, which I don't necessarily mind, but I was so afraid I was gonna kick him in our sleep that we set up him up a little station on our nightstand with that bed so he can be on our level and still see us. Of course, he still makes his way over to our bed proper most nights around 4AM or so.

It gets moved around as necessary, as shown in the above picture where we set it up on the coffee table so he could relax in the room with us while my wife was lying on the couch and I was on the armchair (We're in a fairly small apartment, not a whole lot of furniture.)

Wag

Nov 3, 2017
When we first got him a bed of his own he didn't want to use it, thankfully he eventually gave it a shot.

He used to sleep with us at the foot of the bed every night, which I don't necessarily mind, but I was so afraid I was gonna kick him in our sleep that we set up him up a little station on our nightstand with that bed so he can be on our level and still see us. Of course, he still makes his way over to our bed proper most nights around 4AM or so.

It gets moved around as necessary, as shown in the above picture where we set it up on the coffee table so he could relax in the room with us while my wife was lying on the couch and I was on the armchair (We're in a fairly small apartment, not a whole lot of furniture.)
My guy occasionally sleeps by my feet, but for the most part he just keeps to himself until it's time to eat. He will rest his head on my ankle sometimes which is cute- not so cute when he starts digging his claws into my leg to wake me up. lol

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
My stray looked at the bed and went the other direction. I put him in it he ran away. lol

He does like the heated window shelf tho.
When I first got a bed they were hesistant but I just let them be and now they sleep in it when they are tired

GjVEdR9.jpg

But the static they produce under them

Wag

Nov 3, 2017
gq4xMcN.jpg

It's got a heating pad in it. He's always there. It's 20F out and it's freezing by the window yet he's lying on it.

Seirith

Oct 25, 2017

I am so sorry for your loss. That is normal, you will never feel like you did enough or did it the right away.

My husband and I lost our 14 year old cat Darien this July. He had heart failure and we had many "I don't think he will make it times" but he always bounced back. One weekend he was not himself, not eating and very sleepy and we planned to take him to the vet Monday. I didn't spend much time with him that weekend, he was so tired I just wanted him to rest.

My husband was working and had been mandated to stay 12 hours when Darien came down for a drink but then acted like he was going to throw up but never did. I rushed him to the emergency vet, by the time we got there he was barely alive. His chest was full of fluid, the medicine couldn't keep up anymore. Minutes after bringing him, I said goodbye.

I felt so bad I did not spend time with him that day, that he just slept and that we didn't take him sooner. My husband couldn't be there and he felt horrible he missed it, he didn't even get to say goodbye. Darien's last moments came and went so quickly, it really all happened so fast.

In the end I did what was best for Darien and I nothing I did would ever feel "good enough."

Saying goodbye sucks but 20 years old shows how much your kitty was loved and cared about.

Oct 29, 2017
Hey everyone, how do you prevent your cat from eating the artificial tree flakes that fall off the tree? Cat doesn't do much to the tree but nibble on the low branches and sleep under it

Ambitious

Oct 26, 2017
I woke up early and browsed Twitter and stuff. I had a notification from Facebook about a memory from last year and tapped it. It was a cute video from our cat.. Come the fuck on..

No goodbye ever feels proper. There's always a part of you that thinks "I could've done more."

You were there for him and that's what matters.

Was I? Not really.. I was at my parents place the entire weekend, but I only briefly interacted with him..
Now, I regret this so much.

I am so sorry for your loss. That is normal, you will never feel like you did enough or did it the right away.

My husband and I lost our 14 year old cat Darien this July. He had heart failure and we had many "I don't think he will make it times" but he always bounced back. One weekend he was not himself, not eating and very sleepy and we planned to take him to the vet Monday. I didn't spend much time with him that weekend, he was so tired I just wanted him to rest.

My husband was working and had been mandated to stay 12 hours when Darien came down for a drink but then acted like he was going to throw up but never did. I rushed him to the emergency vet, by the time we got there he was barely alive. His chest was full of fluid, the medicine couldn't keep up anymore. Minutes after bringing him, I said goodbye.

I felt so bad I did not spend time with him that day, that he just slept and that we didn't take him sooner. My husband couldn't be there and he felt horrible he missed it, he didn't even get to say goodbye. Darien's last moments came and went so quickly, it really all happened so fast.

In the end I did what was best for Darien and I nothing I did would ever feel "good enough."

Saying goodbye sucks but 20 years old shows how much your kitty was loved and cared about.

I'm sorry for your loss..

Qikz

Oct 25, 2017
He's gone.

Bye, buddy..

Really sorry to hear that man. :(

OP
OP
Weltall Zero

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
Was I? Not really.. I was at my parents place the entire weekend, but I only briefly interacted with him..
Now, I regret this so much.

You were there for him when he needed you. Interacting more with him would not have saved him, and he may not even have noticed if he was that far gone. You and your family were there throughout his life, and gave him a good, happy, loved, long life; that's the important thing, the 20 years he lived, not the inevitably terrible final days.

You probably already know, but what you're experiencing is survivor's guilt; the shifting of blame for at least some aspect of death to oneself; because the notion that we could have done anything, and can do something in a similar future situation, is psychologically more bearable than the notion that we we won't be able to do anything when it happens again.

I see it all the time when people lose pets; typically it manifests as the contradicting "I shouldn't have euthanized them (they would have lived a few more days and die peacefully at home)" / "I should HAVE euthanized them (they wouldn't have suffered)", but since you didn't have to make the call, it's materializing as the also very common "I should have been there for him in his last moments" instead, which sets a standard of "being there for him" that's often unrealistic without the prescience of the exact day and time of death (and sometimes, even with it).

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
He found a new spot but I have to be careful and make sure he's not under there when I'm trying to stretch or move my chair around.
Don't want to run him over
NMYm7F5.jpg

edit

Last edited:

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
One of the cats like to watch cooking videos on youtube.

they didn't seem to enjoy the overwatch compilation ones. i guess its just too fast and colorful.

but the cooking video is just the right amount of slow for them.

tsakiki

Oct 27, 2017
One of the cats like to watch cooking videos on youtube.

they didn't seem to enjoy the overwatch compilation ones. i guess its just too fast and colorful.

but the cooking video is just the right amount of slow for them.
Maybe your cat would like to watch cooking videos with other cats in the video watching the chef? I love Jun's Kitchen videos!

ss_lemonade

Oct 27, 2017
I know I quoted this earlier, but can you post more photos of Sylvester? Or is there an Instagram I can follow! I am well and truly smitten with that particular kitten.
It's actually an instagram account for all our pets, but there should be some of Sylvester there
www.instagram.com

Scotty, Sylvester & Lemonade (@meowmeowbork) • Instagram photos and videos

78 Followers, 56 Following, 95 Posts - See Instagram photos and videos from Scotty, Sylvester & Lemonade (@meowmeowbork)

47wNd3q.jpeg

oYyl8pH.jpg

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017

that's one way to get someone out of your bed or to at least let him join. but hes like not now. im trying to nap

Wag

Nov 3, 2017
I'm wondering if I'm not feeding Mandarin enough- he's whining all the time. In the beginning I was overfeeding him, now I'm feeding him 1/2 3oz can 2x a day and 1/8th cup hard food 2x a day. The vet told me that would be enough- he's an inside cat now and not active like he used to be.

He weighs ~12lbs.

He's totally food obsessed. When I sit down to eat I can't get him out of my face, I have to keep shoo-ing him off the table- he keeps trying to take the food from my dish. He's in the dish rack, the garbage, the counter, on the stove, anywhere and everywhere food has been.

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
found a crawfish crawling around the warehouse today. obviously a tell sign when one of the cat's legs are all wet. they must have went crawfish hunting in the grass where there's some crawfish mud holes. since it was raining yesterday.

Shaneus

Oct 27, 2017
I tweeted some random Japanese electronics account I stumbled upon randomly the other day, and they finally replied! They're as fascinated with their cat having a twin as we are, to the point of posting photos of Taika for comparison:

I don't think we'll ever see a cat so closely resembling him as this one. He's the one on the left in each tweet.

OP
OP
Weltall Zero

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
I tweeted some random Japanese electronics account I stumbled upon randomly the other day, and they finally replied! They're as fascinated with their cat having a twin as we are, to the point of posting photos of Taika for comparison:

I don't think we'll ever see a cat so closely resembling him as this one. He's the one on the left in each tweet.

Hahah, that's great! :)

I'm curious about this "electronics" account though? At first glance it seems like a private account with 99% pics and videos of their cat (which are pretty great!).

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
must be nice to have a bed time after lunch where you can just walk to your bed and knead it and then go to sleep until im off work.

this is now their daily routine lol.

we've come a long way where they were hiding and wouldn't come out until theres no one around and when they were hungry.

ZgGXUIU.jpg

Last edited:

Shaneus

Oct 27, 2017
Hahah, that's great! :)

I'm curious about this "electronics" account though? At first glance it seems like a private account with 99% pics and videos of their cat (which are pretty great!).
It's the private account of the store owner. I think they make arcade parts or something, and showed a picture or two with their cat in them. I tweeted them a few weeks ago and they just replied yesterday.

This was the tweet they replied to 🤣

OP
OP
Weltall Zero

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
It's the private account of the store owner. I think they make arcade parts or something, and showed a picture or two with their cat in them. I tweeted them a few weeks ago and they just replied yesterday.

This was the tweet they replied to 🤣

I see! That's pretty cool. From that tweet it seems their version is female, Taika's very own distaff counterpart. :)

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
was looking for some christmas wrapping paper for my niece's gift.

and found this cute one.

E2UKgrK.jpg

also I switched cat food. And noticed better hair on the chonky one. The other cat always had good soft hair. So this is a good sign.

Seirith

Oct 25, 2017
A few weeks ago it started to get really cold and snow so I upgrade the Pepper the I suspect stray cats hut for winter. I took the dog house I had, added in a thick insulated cooler with a Mylar reflective blanket on the bottom of the cooler and a wool blanket on top of that. It stayed nice and dry despite snow and rain. He stayed in his hut or on my porch for an entire week and two days, the farthest he went was into the yard to use the bathroom someplace. He was always there when I checked on him, day or night.

Then last Thursday I went out at 2pm to check on him and he was gone. I called and he didn't come. I thought maybe he went to use the bathroom or to explore since it was a bit warmer that day. I checked again an hour later, nothing. I have not seen him since. I thought maybe he has a home and he went home and they are keeping him inside because it has been cold and snowy but today was warmer and the snow was melting and I thought for sure if he had gone home his people would let him out.

I hope he has a home and his owners are keeping him in. I looked at all the local shelters incoming cats thinking maybe someone has seen him and took him because he was out in the cold. I hope he is warm and cared for some place and that something bad didn't happen to him...

I miss him being around and I feel guilty for not bringing him in but I wasn't 100% sure he didn't have a home. Then again my parents outside semi feral cat they have tamed has been gone for 4 weeks sometimes and then just suddenly shows up so maybe Pepper will as well.

OP
OP
Weltall Zero

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
SgYQNNM.png

Hvbnfhq.png

So is this the biggest glow up of 2020 or what

Awesome work! He'll probably look even better in a few months once he's gained some more weight. :)

A few weeks ago it started to get really cold and snow so I upgrade the Pepper the I suspect stray cats hut for winter. I took the dog house I had, added in a thick insulated cooler with a Mylar reflective blanket on the bottom of the cooler and a wool blanket on top of that. It stayed nice and dry despite snow and rain. He stayed in his hut or on my porch for an entire week and two days, the farthest he went was into the yard to use the bathroom someplace. He was always there when I checked on him, day or night.

Then last Thursday I went out at 2pm to check on him and he was gone. I called and he didn't come. I thought maybe he went to use the bathroom or to explore since it was a bit warmer that day. I checked again an hour later, nothing. I have not seen him since. I thought maybe he has a home and he went home and they are keeping him inside because it has been cold and snowy but today was warmer and the snow was melting and I thought for sure if he had gone home his people would let him out.

I hope he has a home and his owners are keeping him in. I looked at all the local shelters incoming cats thinking maybe someone has seen him and took him because he was out in the cold. I hope he is warm and cared for some place and that something bad didn't happen to him...

I miss him being around and I feel guilty for not bringing him in but I wasn't 100% sure he didn't have a home. Then again my parents outside semi feral cat they have tamed has been gone for 4 weeks sometimes and then just suddenly shows up so maybe Pepper will as well.

The most likely explanation is that he either went back to, or found, another home, yeah. I wouldn't worry too much, hard as it may be.

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
can't tell if new food taste better or one of my cat is bulking up during winter. Hers getting chonky . Kinda sorta cute

Last edited: