May 21, 2021
Fans have "remastered" the soundtracks from the GBA games using higher quality versions of the original samples.

Musicvania:
www.youtube.com

Dracula Castle

Provided to YouTube by RightsscaleDracula Castle · Castlevania Sound Team · Konami Digital Entertainment(Michiru Yamane)悪魔城ドラキュラX 月下の夜想曲 ORIGINAL GAME SOUNDT...
www.youtube.com

Dance of Gold

Provided to YouTube by RightsscaleDance of Gold · Castlevania Sound Team · Konami Digital Entertainment(Michiru Yamane)悪魔城ドラキュラX 月下の夜想曲 ORIGINAL GAME SOUNDTR...
www.youtube.com

Marble Gallery

Provided to YouTube by RightsscaleMarble Gallery · Castlevania Sound Team · Konami Digital Entertainment(Michiru Yamane)悪魔城ドラキュラX 月下の夜想曲 ORIGINAL GAME SOUNDT...
www.youtube.com

The Tragic Prince

Provided to YouTube by RightsscaleThe Tragic Prince · Castlevania Sound Team · Konami Digital Entertainment(Michiru Yamane)悪魔城ドラキュラX 月下の夜想曲 ORIGINAL GAME SOU...
www.youtube.com

Pitch Black Intrusion / Akumajo Dracula - Sougetsu no Juujika -

Provided to YouTube by RightsscalePitch Black Intrusion / Akumajo Dracula - Sougetsu no Juujika - · Castlevania Sound Team · Konmi Kukeiha ClubCastlevania 暁月...
www.youtube.com

Invitation of a Crazed Moon [Remastered]

An small sneak peak of the upcoming album, it took much more time than what I initially expected, I'm making the final adjustems as I want it to have superi...
www.youtube.com

An Empty Tome (Stage BGM)

Provided to YouTube by RightsscaleAn Empty Tome (Stage BGM) · Castlevania Sound Team · Konami Digital Entertainment(Michiru Yamane)悪魔城ドラキュラ 奪われた刻印 オリジナルサウンドト...
www.youtube.com

A Prologue ~ Again ~

Provided to YouTube by RightsscaleA Prologue ~ Again ~ · Castlevania Sound Team · Konami Digital Entertainment(Michiru Yamane)悪魔城ドラキュラ 奪われた刻印 オリジナルサウンドトラック℗ ...
www.youtube.com

Rhapsody of the Forsaken

Provided to YouTube by RightsscaleRhapsody of the Forsaken · Castlevania Sound Team · Konami Digital Entertainment(Michiru Yamane)悪魔城ドラキュラ 奪われた刻印 オリジナルサウンドトラ...

Last edited:

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Never had a GBA so these are a blind spot for me. If this turns out to be true this should be fun.

Gaia Lanzer

Oct 25, 2017
To those hoping for a DS collection, how? Wouldn't they have to rework those games considerably due to the dual screen/touch screen aspects. DoS, in particular, where you had to trace the seal to defeat bosses?

This also makes me want a Castlevania 3D Collection, which consists of Castlevania 64, Legacy of Darkness, Lament of Innocence and Curse of Darkness.

Team_Feisar

Jan 16, 2018
Man I hope they have the DS games too. I know it won't happen but still.
As good as the games are, I'm not sure how much I'll enjoy gba games blown up to a big 4k screen

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
To those hoping for a DS collection, how? Wouldn't they have to rework those games considerably due to the dual screen/touch screen aspects. DoS, in particular, where you had to trace the seal to defeat bosses?

This also makes me want a Castlevania 3D Collection, which consists of Castlevania 64, Legacy of Darkness, Lament of Innocence and Curse of Darkness.

There's a really popular fan mod that just takes that stuff out. It's really straightforward, there's nothing there (that I can see) that is super interesting and reliant on the touchscreen. It just does the seal for you.

chiller

Apr 23, 2021
Ph0POam.png

Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance is my favorite interior decorating simulator.

Also, Successor of Fate slaps.

Deleted member 34949

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 30, 2017

People have made patches that completely removes it. I don't think anyone would complain much about it being excised.

The main thing I think would be tricky is Sisters Mode in PoR.

Rob

Oct 25, 2017
SATX
I still have my copy of Harmony/Aria. It's loose, but I keep it in the case for Dawn of Sorrow. Never getting rid of my CV games for GBA/DS.

Nali

Oct 25, 2017
About time these finally get rereleased. CotM and HoD are both solid, if a little flawed, and AoS has a legit claim to being the best Igavania outright.

Bulebule

Oct 27, 2017
I am all for that Aria of Sorrow goodness. Don't really care about HoD (both castles felt empty and room layouts were not that interesting) / Circle of the Moon (I hate double tap to run).

May 15, 2019
This topic is reminding me that I'm apparently the only person on the planet who vastly prefers Harmony of Dissonance to Aria of Sorrow.

Gaia Lanzer

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I wanna echo this. HoD I think is too maligned, it's rough around the edges sure, but I don't think it's any worse than CoTM.
It's actually a looker too, just has a horrible rep from being seen with raw pixels so much.
4bIk26P.jpeg

Speaking of, I really hope they can try to do something about the brightness/add an appropriate filter and do something to address the audio quality.
I agree. From what I heard, it was originally meant to be the follow-up to SotN and was going to be on the PS1. It would've been nice to see a remake of it with SotN-grade visual flair and audio quality. I think that would make it more palatable for a lot of people.

Kaydigi

Apr 25, 2019
In for Circle of the Moon, I could never play it because the original GBA screen was too dark.

Leo

Oct 27, 2017
I'm here thinking, of they're gonna have two collections out with 3 GBA games and then 3 DS games for 20 dollars each, they might as well pack them all together in a full price release with a physical edition. Worked pretty well for MMZ, with the same amount of games.

b00_thegh0st

Nov 6, 2017
One good game, one terrible game, one great game. I hope "Advance Collection" is just trying to be succinct and this actually includes the DS games. Then you'd have two more great games (DoS and OoE) at least.

Sadly every DS game has some kind of gimmicky reliance on touch screen which prevents easy emulation. But then it's M2 so they might go the extra mile...

mael

Avenger
Nov 3, 2017
I agree. From what I heard, it was originally meant to be the follow-up to SotN and was going to be on the PS1. It would've been nice to see a remake of it with SotN-grade visual flair and audio quality. I think that would make it more palatable for a lot of people.
*jokes about reused sprites go there*

mael

Avenger
Nov 3, 2017
I don't know if I want Aria of Sorrow without the possibility to import data to Dawn of Sorrow :/
Then again I'm down for another round of Harmony of dissonance, the original cart (or double cart in my case) had like 3 saves so you were always so limited and had to delete a finished save one way or another.
The dream would be the 6 games in 1 pack as #3 and #4 really work together.

Deleted member 43657

User requested account closure
Banned
May 19, 2018
So excited for this. It would be hilarious if this is a Sony exclusive despite being called the "Advance" collection (that's not happening).

I kinda hope they keep the original sound profile of the GBA games. I love the way some of these songs sound through the GBA sound processor.

SO EXCITED!

Legacy

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sick, I've always wanted to try those games. Especially the Sorrow ones

John Rabbit

Oct 25, 2017
Shit really? I'm like 1/3 of the way through a replay of Aria. Might sit on that for a bit and see what becomes of this.

TAJ

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Haven't played Circle since the original GBA with no backlight. The game was already pretty dark so it was like hard mode

I did almost my entire playthrough of Circle Of The Moon on the toilet because that was by far the best spot for light in the house.
I really appreciated this at the time...
1-CDEABCB-832-B-4-B8-B-BB65-731-F06-C013-F0.jpg

Mr. Nice_Guy

Oct 27, 2017
I'm hoping it's more than just those. Granted they are all great to amazing games, but put the DS games with them as well Konami!

Nerokis

Oct 25, 2017
Hell yeah.

Now to give SotN another shot lol. Was in such a Classicvania mindset when I got around to it, and it wasn't hitting like I knew it could.